Mens Tennis Forums banner

Tokyo SF: Raonic defeated Murray 6-3 6-7 (5) 7-6 (4)

19K views 294 replies 104 participants last post by  xargon 
#1 ·
:wavey:

Who is the overrated servebot now?

Slamray :spit: One of the worst slam champions of all time, he is the shadow of Ivanisevic and Johansson :eek:

Glad to see my pug puppy win another match :yeah:

#29 ·
Re: Tokyo: Raonic Def Murray 6-3 6-7 7-6

This will hurt Murray's chances of finishing 2012 #1 or #2.

Murray I believe lost all 250 from not replaying Bangkok, and then for only making the SF here in Tokyo he loses some more big points. He likely won't win Shanghai again, in fact I don't think he'll make it past the SF, so that's another 640 point loss.

Murray is bound to finish 2012 #3. Rafa/Ferrer for #4 and #5 (probably Rafa stays 4 and Ferrer 5 or lower), and the battle for #1 and #2 is between Rogie and Djokovic.

#44 ·
Re: Tokyo: Raonic Def Murray 6-3 6-7 7-6

This will hurt Murray's chances of finishing 2012 #1 or #2.

Murray I believe lost all 250 from not replaying Bangkok, and then for only making the SF here in Tokyo he loses some more big points. He likely won't win Shanghai again, in fact I don't think he'll make it past the SF, so that's another 640 point loss.

Murray is bound to finish 2012 #3. Rafa/Ferrer for #4 and #5 (probably Rafa stays 4 and Ferrer 5 or lower), and the battle for #1 and #2 is between Rogie and Djokovic.
Murray never had chance to finish season top 2....

#30 ·
Justice served. Finally, Chairman Rao wins a big match. 2 MP's saved as well :drool: :drool:

#37 ·
Justice served. Finally, Chairman Rao wins a big match. 2 MP's saved as well :drool: :drool:
What's up with the finally he wins a big match crap, cause he's done it before. :eek: :facepalm:

#31 ·

Well deserved win for Raonic loved the huge kick serve that almost went into the crowd on the ad side on the first match point and the smash from behind the baseline wasn't bad.

Reactions: Slice Winner
#32 ·
Seriously though, Murray always plays badly when he's the first match of the day. I'm surprised he doesn't do more to address this, maybe start warming up earlier or something. At least this loss wasn't as embarrassing as to Chardy, someone he's never had a problem with before.

#34 ·
One of my fave matches of the year that :hatoff: Servebot my arse. This kid is the real deal, such a shame the ITF and ATP do not want his ilk winning big tournaments so they keep those courts slow.

Muzza stunk a bit at the end of the third but in the first two sets there was nothing he could do against a superb display of fast court tennis. Everything in Milos' game was working. The ROS and ground game are definitely there.

Onto Shanghai for Andy, but no disgrace here.

#36 ·
Wow this is unexpected. Didn't think Milos had it in him with Murray being this good. Murray usually matches up quite well against top-quality servers.

Impressive!

#38 ·
Lets just call it like we see it, its hard to get motivated for an ATP 500 tournament in Asia after you just won Olympic Gold and the US Open.

It comes as no great shock to me, i wouldn't be surprised if he has a poor showing in Shanghai either, his year has been a success i'm sure his main focus now is the WTF in London.

#45 ·
Tremendous victory for Milos today. He kept his level up at a high level throughout and played a clutch 3rd set TB with some monstrous shots when he needed to. Certainly one of the best matches he's ever played (up there with the loss to Federer in Madrid) and probably the best win.

He's got a real chance to win the first ATP500 event of his career this week against either Kei or Baghdatis.

#55 ·
There's no doubt that Raonic will win slams in the future. He will be BY FAR the best player of this younger generation that is to come.

#62 ·
It's not because of Murray,but Raonic played a great match and this is his best surface.The game needs more courts like this.

US OPEN SHOULD BE MOVED TO ASIA.:wavey:

#66 ·
Slow courts aren't gonna affect Milos that much IMO.

#67 ·
I said Murraytards not Murray fans, there's a difference, which usually has something to do with that idiot thing you mentioned.

I also said many not all.

The majority of the Murraytards did predict an easy win

#73 ·
Good play from Raonic, he is mainly a serve bot but he does haave tremendous power in his groundies...but his firess and movement??

Should the 2 meet again in Australia will be straight sets to the US open champion.

#81 ·
Why is that weird? They don't like Milos, predict outlandish things to try and piss others off because of their love for Murray and hate for Milos. Milos shoved it right back in their face, they deserve it

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.