Mens Tennis Forums banner

~°~Nicolas Devilder~°~

55K views 444 replies 44 participants last post by  passingshotDTL 
#1 ·
Just realised there is no thread here for Nicolas! So, since he just won the Monza challenger yesterday, I decided to make one for him!!

Some piccies from the tournament:

See less See more
#184 ·
Oh my, he has a thread here :D I saw him for the first time against Nadal yesterday and was instantly :hearts: :inlove:

I loved his first set, running down everything... and I love that little jump in the air when he's hitting a short ball with the backhand.

Lovely pictures in here :D I look forward to looking through them :hearts:

#185 ·
:hearts: I fell in love yesterday! :lol: And I can't get enough of his hair!!!

He played really well in the first set! Such a shame how it went down :awww: :hug:

#197 ·
Ahh the hair :hearts: To me he has Mahut hair but is about 300 times better looking!

Hmmm, it helped me generating more pace on the BH side... especially when the ball bounced high above the net. I don't know about the injury, but it sure helps a shorty like me :haha: And one more thing, it scares the player on the other side of the court! :lol:

I'm an obsessed fan :eek:
I don't play tennis at all so I can't comment personally, but it does look like it's a good way to generate pace and it looks very imposing and exciting!
:yeah:

(i don't know anything about that personally. i used to play with a... umm one-handed backhand! haha)

anyway jokes aside, i must say that nico gave everything in that first set yesterday :worship: but rafa was a class above him :shrug:
I usually melt watching players with a gorgeous one-handed backhand, but Nico's double-handed jump I found delightful too :)

It was a real shame that he lost that chance he had in the 1st set. He had 1 (or 2) set points too! No doubt Nadal would still have won, but it would have been wonderful for Nicolas to take a set off him!

#186 ·
:D good to know that nico is accumulating fans

during the rain delay yesterday, i checked my gallery's stats, and guess what, almost every hit was someone looking for a pic of monsieur devilder :)

but stupid google did not come up with the best pics for them :awww:

ps. a local (hong kong) commentator was comparing his style of play, with some other short players... and in one breath he reeled off two of my favourite names in the last ten years, namely rios and clement :lol:

#189 ·
ps. a local (hong kong) commentator was comparing his style of play, with some other short players... and in one breath he reeled off two of my favourite names in the last ten years, namely rios and clement :lol:
Rios and his jumping BH :D This little jump helped a lot for these not-so-tall players :lol:

#187 ·
I have always loved his hair :lol: but yesterday was the first time I've ever seen his match! :D

Is is true that he pretty much played on his own (without a coach, etc.) before Team Lagardere approach him? My commentator (who seemed to be a part of Team Lagardere) mentioned how they offered to help him :scratch:

#188 ·
ome... you have to go back a few pages to read up on that, i think... my memory is pretty bad :lol:

i kinda remember he doesn't have a coach right now because TL has messed up something. then someone here was suggesting FFT should help him. anyway he's not one of the younger ones so i suppose no one is trying too hard for him.

now it's time for experts like francoise and irina to step in :p

#193 ·
Hmmm, it helped me generating more pace on the BH side... especially when the ball bounced high above the net. I don't know about the injury, but it sure helps a shorty like me :haha: And one more thing, it scares the player on the other side of the court! :lol:

I'm an obsessed fan :eek:

#194 ·
:yeah:

(i don't know anything about that personally. i used to play with a... umm one-handed backhand! haha)

anyway jokes aside, i must say that nico gave everything in that first set yesterday :worship: but rafa was a class above him :shrug:

#199 ·
In french , Irina...Toni Nadal a dit que ce point (balle de break à 4/4) a beaucoup compté pour l'issue (la fin) du 1er set.
Certainement qu'il voulait dire que son point a été déterminant. Il a trop pensé à cette balle manquée.

#202 ·
Merci Marine, I've just thought it might be something more important because during the match the journalist (forgot his name) spent quite a while talking to Toni Nadal.

Some news about Nicolas.
He is 128th this week (+20) :devil: On June 3rd Nico as well as other guys like Seb, Paulo, Micka, Gilles etc. took part in that famous football match at Parc des Princes. Nico's team lost 6-7 lol More details: video, photo.

Also there was a nice interview with Nicolas (http://www.sudouest.com/300508/reg_landes.asp?Article=300508aP2502115.xml).
He told that he joined Lagardère Team and began regularly playing ATP tournaments just a couple of years ago so he is still very fresh and motivated, and he hopes to play tennis at the highest level for a few more years. He prefers not thinking about what he's going to do after finishing his carrier but probably it'll be something about tennis, about sports for sure. And he thinks he'll move back to Landes (where his parents live) as he believes that region, South West of France, is so wonderful and has nothing to do with Paris :p

Next week he plays a Challenger in Kosice where he won in 2006 :devil:

#203 ·
How to compare Les Landes with Paris ?? Countryside and big Town... :rolleyes:

#204 ·
Not that I have something against Paris but countryside rules :)
Nico must be the same person as me who prefers nice lovely silent places to big noisy crowded cities :angel:

#205 ·
#208 ·
:eek: This thread surprises me more and more!

Via, thanks for your proclamation :lol:
You also think I should print it out and put into a frame? lol

Ome :awww: :inlove: Je t'adore!
Irina is really too modest...we must squeeze her so she says something :D

Tomorrow the challenger in Kosice starts, Nicolas plays against Kamil Capkovic from Slovakia in the first round. Can't say I'm happy about that since I'm a fan of both...but may the best wins :bigclap:
Maria :haha: :hug: I promise I'll be working on it!
So can you tell us who is Kamil Capkovic anyway? He seems to be a tall guy with a good serve who prefers playing on hard :scratch:

#207 ·
Irina is really too modest...we must squeeze her so she says something :D

Tomorrow the challenger in Kosice starts, Nicolas plays against Kamil Capkovic from Slovakia in the first round. Can't say I'm happy about that since I'm a fan of both...but may the best wins :bigclap:

#209 ·
ahahah I even didn't know you have a blog about him, that's crazy, I know so many things about you, and not that ! LOL

Nice of him anyway ! What he said is cute. :p

#211 ·
So, I will try my best to describe you Kamil. Yeah, he's really tall, he's 1,98 m I think (so he usually scared me to death when he walked in, because I'm 1,65 :D) and has a good serve. He doesn't make a lot of aces, though, I'd say he has a good percentage but he doesn't take much risk so he doesn't put the serve to the lines. He's improved a lot since last year, he used to be a kind of sloth, now he plays harder and quicker. I think although he's so tall, he can play long rallies (he's not that kind of player like Querrey, Karlovic etc.). But I think still he's not too agressive and maybe he has a lack of experience, but he might do some good results in future, considering he's still quite young. Oh, and he has terrible taste in picking doubles' partners :D Off the court he's really nice guy and if he wants something from you, just close your eyes, cover your ears and run away, because if you stay and let him speak and do the pleading eyes, he will get anything he wants from you :haha: My personal experience :D

Here you have him:

#212 ·
So finally he managed to reach the semi-finals in Kosice. Does anyone know what is the next tournament for Nicolas, I think he doesn't play the Wimbledon qualies...

#214 ·
Now you can start blaming me again lol :eek: Thanks for the info about Kamil, it was a nice match! I only was scared that he'll begin talking to Nico (and you said it's dangerous!) or he'll crash the webcam one minute (his shots were dangerous as well!) and I won't be able to watch the rest of the match.

Nico doesn't play Wimbledon indeed, and I guess his participation in US Open is also a big question, he'll probably play it only if he gets directly into the main draw.
He's going to play on clay during the whole summer (mostly Challengers). Now he is in Braunschweig, plays 1st round against Junqueira. And I do hope he'll manage to win it! :devil:
That's bad because he has some points to defend there !
True, but anyway in his case there is more sense in playing a Challenger on clay rather than any tournament on grass.

#217 ·
:woohoo: First title of the year! :woohoo: Let's throw some confetti! Nice to hear he's happy, let's hope it's the beginning of the better part of this season!!! Let's also hope someone else is coming to this thread, it seems we're the only fans here, Irina! :unsure:

#219 ·
"Überglücklich" Nico:

:angel::devil:

Well, speaking more precisely, it's his second title of the year. He got the first one when he won a local French tournament earlier this year. Of course, it's less important but anyway I think that was a great victory too as there were represented such guys as Patience and Sidorenko.
Speaking about the better part of the season - he is back to the Top 100 this week!!! :aparty: Now he is exactly on the 100th place :devil:
And as for the rest, personally I'm really happy just not to be alone here anymore :lol:
Wooo I was on a weeks holiday and had a quick glance and saw that he'd made the final. So happy for him winning it!!!!

Well done Nico :banana:
:D :banana:

#220 ·
Awww, he looks so sweet :inlove:

#222 ·
Peta Pan, how can you explain that everytime we look at Nico, we just go like: "Awww!" :haha:

#224 ·

I've found this on my computer recently...it's from 2006 Ostrava challenger. I've already forgotten how he looked with longer hair and bandana... I think now he looks younger and sweeter (awww-person :haha:), but there surely was something about that look...

#230 ·
I've found this on my computer recently...it's from 2006 Ostrava challenger. I've already forgotten how he looked with longer hair and bandana... I think now he looks younger and sweeter (awww-person :haha:), but there surely was something about that look...
It's from 2005 actually :p In 2006 Nico already had short hair. Anyway thanks a lot for the picture, I've never seen it.
awww :p

I like him with the bandana too :hearts: and I don't usually like long hair (although that didn't seem TOO long.

I do prefer him now though... the bandana look was from when I didn't really know who he was :sad:

He looks younger now though as you said! :awww:
As for the longer hair and bandana, here is my favorite picture of him in that style (Scheveninger Challenger 2004):

And he's indeed one of not so many players who look younger than their age!
Nico is ranked 83 this week! Celebrations in hell :devil:! Let's hope he'll go even further! :bounce:
:rocker2:

And the latest news: Nicolas got lucky to get into Kitz' main draw without playing quallies but then got first seeded Seppi for the first round :mad: Though Nico must beat him anyway :p :devil:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.