Mens Tennis Forums banner

Food thread

37K views 468 replies 61 participants last post by  eliananova 
#1 · (Edited)
I don't know why but I guess after speaking about food so much today, I thought I'd like to open a thread regarding food.

Here you guys can feel free to post pics of cracking dishes (that you've searched up or made yourself), and/or post a recipe of your signature dish/es. Can also post thing food related such as anything from cooking shows, experiences, nutritional values of certain ingredients, and even some cooking tips :angel:. Feel free to bring up general discussion about food or food-related stuff as well.

I'll start off with this son of a bitch:

Barbecued Chilli Snapper

See less See more
#2 ·
I am using my phone to post, so I can't be bothered with long texts or pics. However, today my dinner consisted of nice medium rare steak with mashed potatoes with 2 glasses of red wine. I might post pictures of my meals later when my internet is fixed and I dont have to use my phone to poston forums

#3 ·
That's pretty good shit there Doc. Any chance that steak was pepper crusted?

Anyway I had take away from Noodle Box on my way home to Uni today, since I came home late at like 9pm. Nothing special, and definitely doesn't require a pic.

#4 ·
I eat croque-monsieur every day :D

#7 ·
Watch your calories bro :lol:.

Decent tucker though, I have to say. Haven't had one in ages. Should get one tomorrow or somethin' :cool:

#5 ·
No, not pepper crusted, but simply seasoned with salt and pepper. My philosophy on steak is that good quality meat only needs to be cooked lightly and I like to see a bit of blood when I cut my steak. Not a big wine fan, but I find red goes well with such a meal and is a nice break from my normal Johnny Walker green on the rocks.

My biggest problem is that I am too lazy to prepare lunches and either not eat at all or eat total shit for lunch. Just 2 days ago I had some KFC for lunch. :eek:

#6 ·
No, not pepper crusted, but simply seasoned with salt and pepper. My philosophy on steak is that good quality meat only needs to be cooked lightly and I like to see a bit of blood when I cut my steak. Not a big wine fan, but I find red goes well with such a meal and is a nice break from my normal Johnny Walker green on the rocks.

My biggest problem is that I am too lazy to prepare lunches and either not eat at all or eat total shit for lunch. Just 2 days ago I had some KFC for lunch. :eek:
Ah, the good old S&P. Yep. Medium rare or Medium is my liking. Good reminder for a perfectly cooked streak is that after cooking the steak, pull it out and let it rest in the open for half the time you cooked it. Ensures that it's moist, tender, and to ensure that there isn't a shitload of blood that falls onto the plate when you serve it (and that's bad cauz that leaves the steak dry and flavourless). It's pretty much equivalent to overcooking it. Nothin' worse than chewing into an old rubber boot.

Speaking of wine, I hardly drink it either. But if I get the chance, I would drink wine. I like Zilzie wine with a good piece of meat (dunno if you've heard of it). But for an easier alternative, beer is my option by default (Pure Blonde usually). Not a huge drinker though by any means.

Lunch....make my own Sanga's sometimes, bring leftovers, etc......
KFC For lunch lol. Fuckin' A.

#8 ·
In regards to drinking I mainly drink whiskey, but when it comes to beer my taste has changed as I became older. I only drank imported lagers, now I prefer more bitter taste and drink mainly local beer like Carlton draught and Melbourne bitter. (fast_clown will have a field day if he reads this post, but hey, at least I don't drink 4x gold :superlol:)

#9 ·
Carlton Draught is pretty good shit as well. I hardly drink Melb Bitter. What about VB? I can't stand that shit for some reason :eek:.

XXXX Gold :haha:. Anything stronger for fast_clown and he won't be going about Mugtosevic and Tomug any time soon :eek:.

#10 ·
Dont like VB either, its poor quality IMO. Just like XXXX it tastes more like chemicals than beer. The reputation as bogan drink doesnt help it either. One thing I noticed is that girly 3.5% beer like XXXX seems to be really popular with Asians. Low tolerance? They tend to get shitfaced after a couple of bottles...

#11 ·
I don't know why but I guess after speaking about food so much today, I thought I'd like to open a thread regarding foods that are awesome.

Here you guys can feel free to post pics of cracking dishes (that you've searched up or made yourself), and/or post a recipe of your signature dish/es. Can also post thing food related such as anything from cooking shows, experiences, nutritional values of certain ingredients, and even some cooking tips :angel:.

I'll start off with this son of a bitch:

Barbecued Chilli Snapper
what a superb idea mate.

and that chilli snapper looks exceptional.

i am here on the gulf coast and red snapper is one of my my favorite fish.

#12 ·
Crispy Roast Pork with Fried Rice stuffed pepper. Good shit curtesy of kimbaskitchen.

P.S Apologies for massive pic.

#13 ·
VB and XXXX that's not even fit to be called cats piss.

#15 ·
Nah but I've heard of him. Right now I'm sorta into MKR. Yesterday, humanity was restored when arrogant old fuckers Peter and Gary got destroyed 17/60 by Carly and Emily 51/60. Just fantastic news for humanity.

#16 ·
I tune in to MKR now and then, but only for the food, not the drama. TBH such shows are all scripted from the beginning till the end and the "drama" is only there to attract more viewers. It's like those reality shows where most sheep believe everything that happens in them is real.

Anyway, like I said earlier thursday night is good for the Luke Nguyen show, followed by the Food Safari straight after that. Most of the stuff they make isn't really practical in the real world, but the shows are still interesting and I picked up a few general cooking tips from them.

#20 ·
I tune in to MKR now and then, but only for the food, not the drama. TBH such shows are all scripted from the beginning till the end and the "drama" is only there to attract more viewers. It's like those reality shows where most sheep believe everything that happens in them is real.

Anyway, like I said earlier thursday night is good for the Luke Nguyen show, followed by the Food Safari straight after that. Most of the stuff they make isn't really practical in the real world, but the shows are still interesting and I picked up a few general cooking tips from them.
Yeah same, but drama I'm okay with at times. Still, it's hilarious and a personal honour to witness arrogant clowns and mugs losing in elimination rounds. The universe wins whenever that happens.

With regards to Luke Nguyen, I should get onto that shit. I've watched a different handful of cooking shows. Worst one's probably the ABC one "The Cook and the Chef". Dull, uninteresting. One gay guy (don't remember his name), but I guess I respect Maggie for her work. But the food they make is so damn retro, it's not funny.

#17 ·
I love Spanish food, specially the Basque one I grew up with.

Bacalao al Pil-Pil (Cod with Pil-Pil Sauce)

Bacalao a la Vizcaína (Cod a-la Biscayan)

[youtube]wkbZUHPrHX[/youtube]

yes, there's a show about Pintxos in the Basque TV :lol:

My personal favorite which is called Sukalki, it's a meat ragú with vegetables.

You can find the most kickass Paellas in the Castellón area, some pretty close to the Villarreal stadium :p

And of course, the king of Spanish food: Iberian Ham.

#18 · (Edited)
My God, that looks like heaven :drool::drool:. Keep 'em coming.

Edit: And I have to say, on an extra note, that's probably the best fucking Paella I've ever seen in my life.

#21 ·
#25 ·
Hahahahh oh God :facepalm: :haha:.

This is the dream I had last night.

BTW Dee, Red Lobster looks amazing. Should go there one day.

#26 ·
Finally the weather in Brisbane is permitting a Saturday BBQ. There will be lamb pieces prepared in basic marinate (salt, pepper, a little vinegar, chillies, paprika and garlic powder). Also some sausages as well for a bit of variety (only buy german and italian in deli shop, so they ARE good, not the standard charity BBQ budget nonsense).

Side dishes will be baked potatoes, which are cut into wedges and marinated in another marinate of salt/pepper/italian potato seasonings/paprika/garlic powder and any other spices I manage to find. Add oil and put into the oven @200 degrees for about an hour. Delicious.

Not a big fan of vegetables, but saldads WILL be there - as always basic - tomatoes, cucumbers, onions and lettuce seasoned with salt and plenty of oil.

Naturally, plenty of beer as well. I am not a big beer drinker, so at BBQs I usually down a glass of whiskey on an empty stomach, then have 2-3 beers with my food. I get the same buzz as my mates who drink shitload of beers over the whole dinner.

#28 ·
Who doesn't love a Saturday barbie? Whoever doesn't, needs to have their head examined.

Anyways, so no seafood on the agenda there Doc?

#31 ·
Rafarta&Grigorior♥;11802316 said:
I dont really spend too much money, in resturants i like to look for specials and deals, places like Olive Garden and Red Lobster do have great deals for have a big nice meal, i like that:)
I did a lil' search on those restaurants. Looks stunning. The next time I'm dragging my ass to USA, I just have to give it a go :yeah:

#33 ·
Tell me about it. And you also can't guarantee on their quality too :facepalm:. Well....the few times that I've experienced here in Melbourne.

#35 ·
Name of it? What's le ingrdients?

I like how it looks on the plate - It's got a rustic, simple, "sit down, shut up, and eat" feel to it. It's what a dedicated, home cooked meal should look like.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.