Mens Tennis Forums banner

Tommy Haas on Murray: "He brings on trainer then moves like a cat"

13K views 151 replies 74 participants last post by  Fireballer 
#1 ·
"It's difficult when you play against someone who is walking on the court like he is not well or is injured," Haas said. "I find no one does this better than Andy Murray, from time to time. Sometimes he looks like he can barely move, then comes the trainer and then he moves like a cat. I believe everyone knows this now. People talk about it in the locker room.

"Maybe he would like to take some pressure off himself. He tells himself, maybe I have a niggle or a problem, I am not feeling too well, but I'm going to try it anyway. But he is such a talented player that he really doesn't need [to do] this."

:worship:

#39 ·
Murray hardly ever calls the trainer but he does have an annoying habit of grabbing something or wincing in pain when he loses a point. But this is just his particular way of dealing with losing a point. I expect most tennis players feel a bit sore after a demanding point, and Murray perhaps just resents putting the strain on his body for no gain. Everybody should be used to it by now.

#41 ·
his problem is that he should stick to one leg :mad: I noticed this time during the french that he touched the wrong leg many times (right leg meaning the leg where he touches first after losing a point) .Lendl must teach him that first :eek:

#51 ·
Murray never fakes injuries. Him touching something is just something he does, just like Nadal picks his arse and Roddick pulls his shirt. It's just something he does on court. I've seen him do it plenty of time after winning points.

#47 ·
Haas is correct. And this probably bothers him even more because there's probably no player in ATP history with a worse injury record than Haas, and still he always kept fighting to come back, no drama, no faking.

Seeing one of the world's top 5 players at the moments do what Murray did against Gasquet must surely irk him immensely and it's understandable.

#50 ·
Perhaps Haas should make some comments about Nadal and Djokovic, or does he not have the balls to?

1. Murray rarely ever calls the trainer, so Haas is talking crap.
2. Murray clutches something in every single match, even when he's healthy. That means nothing.

Like some have said, Haas seems to be bitter than he lost in Indian Wells to Andy. Oh well, too bad for him.

#52 ·
Haasi has balls but the fact is he's picked on an easy target here. Pick on the non-slam guy who gets stick for breathing rather than the two masters of gamesmanship with 16 slams between them (where their sycophantic media would no doubt accuse Tommy of bitterness and whatnot)

Would he have had the balls to call them two out? Would he fuck.

#58 ·
Haasi has balls but the fact is he's picked on an easy target here. Pick on the non-slam guy who gets stick for breathing rather than the two masters of gamesmanship with 16 slams between them (where their sycophantic media would no doubt accuse Tommy of bitterness and whatnot)

Would he have had the balls to call them two out?
Exactly. I remember an old post of AJ after Nadal cheated himself past Delpo in wimbledon:

Action Jackson said:
Rafa Nadal you are my hero, that was a brilliant performance fighting against all the odds looked like certain retirement, could hardly walk.

Then came back and had the speed of Usain Bolt and the endurance of Haile Gebrasailase. What a champion. John Cena or Hulk Hogan coukldn't compare to that feat of strength and endurance.
Pretty much sums it up.

#69 ·
Haas is a Fedtard and not fan of Nadal or Djokovic who he certainly isn't scared of.
Well then why didn't he call them out then? They are by far worse than Murray, even more obvious and unlike Murray who doesn't fake at all really, they actually fake timeouts. Why didn't he call them out? He doesn't like people who fake, right? So he decides to call out a guy who hardly ever calls the trainer? :lol: Good idea, Haas :yeah:

Reactions: Burrow
#56 ·
He's popular in all countries and has fans at every tournament he goes. I guess most of the people in every country that like Murray are Scottish or English, right?

#57 ·
when i look at murray i think

f@CK!

6'3
145MPH first serve

moves like a cat

deadly backhand

consistent forehand

amazing reading of the game

knows how to mix it up- play the angles- play the right shots at the right times

even has potential net ability

--------- i think to myself- this kid has 10+ slam potential if his game ever clicks

then i watch him play (bend over for) nadal and i think

LOL NO- he's shit
he'll never win with the mentality he has

murray should have won wimledon 2009

#66 ·
Federer may be an arrogant ass in interviews, but as far as I know he doesn't take MTOs and then run around like Usain Bolt after snorting an ounce of cocaine or get obvious coaching from the stands. The most suspicious things he's done that I remember in terms of gamesmanship is taking a bathroom break against Davydenko at the 2010 AO.

Reactions: Orka_n
#74 · (Edited)
Maybe the reason Murray rarely calls a trainer is because he is not REALLY hurting, just a great drama queen. I don't think most players who call Murray out for his acting job think it's cheating and all have dealt with gamesmanship since they were playing junior tournaments. Players know it's not an excuse for loosing BUT it is still annoying as hell to play against.

Yes Roddick and Nadal have a full routine of touching themselves but it is almost always BEFORE a point starts NOT right AFTER loosing a point. And yes Murray does touch something on his body often BUT after loosing a point he adds that pained wince with the grab to his back, leg, arm, etc. - it's completely different.

Murray isn't a cheat, just an whinning, frustrated drama queen.

#81 ·
He was a media image ticket selling cash cow on the surface. Spotless, no skeletons in the closet, yada yada yada. They even covered up his crystal meth test. Would they cover up a top 4 player's test now? I reckon so (not suggesting any of them do it)

#86 ·
I watched the interview, Tommy didn't seem to insult Andy. He just stated obvious in funny tone.
He didn't lie about anything, we can all agree (even Murray fans) on how Murry looked against Richard. At times he would hold his back with pain face and then all of a sudden ruuuuning like a cat.

No player should risk some serious injury if he's feeling great pain during the match. Tommy certainly knows this after all injuries he's gone through.

#92 ·
Haas used the wrong wording when he said medical timeouts. Murrray doesn't call for them but is on court behaviour suggests he requires an ER.

He references the locker room in the interview suggesting the Murray's faking antics are getting the most attention. Sounds pretty plausible to me after RG. Nole's faking has improved immensely since his early days and Nadal hasn't done it this year yet. Nothing to do with being an easy target.

Haas must be so bitter about that Indian Wells defeat even though he beat him the very next year.

#99 ·
What are you talking about? I watched Nadal do it to Nishikori this year. He took an MTO right before Nishikori served to stay in the first set- then immediately broke.

#93 ·
until there is no rule or official complaint, i don't see why everyone is calling it cheating :shrug:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.