Madrid TMS 2012 - Page 12 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 05-15-2010, 12:03 AM   #166
country flag Sommarsverige
on clouds...

Sommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Madrid TMS 2010

Ferru won 7:5, 6:3

I am soooooooooooooooooooo happy for our chico

Now he will play Roger tomorrow, vamos Ferru!!!

Pico Monaco ~ Edu Schwank ~ Stan Wawrinka ~ Dani Gimeno ~ David Marrero ~ Marc Lopez ~ Marco Chiudinelli ~ Marcel Granollers

I miss you on tour, Nors, Bjösse, Simon & Pim Pim
Sommarsverige is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-15-2010, 12:24 AM   #167
country flag xohxmyx

xohxmyx has a reputation beyond reputexohxmyx has a reputation beyond reputexohxmyx has a reputation beyond reputexohxmyx has a reputation beyond reputexohxmyx has a reputation beyond reputexohxmyx has a reputation beyond reputexohxmyx has a reputation beyond reputexohxmyx has a reputation beyond reputexohxmyx has a reputation beyond reputexohxmyx has a reputation beyond reputexohxmyx has a reputation beyond repute

Im soo happy for him!! i wish clay court season never ended!! when the crowd all started chanting his name, that was soo coool! i hope Ferrer turns up tomorrow and plays just like that!

Vamos David!!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I was in the locker room...Doing some bad things. I cannot tell you....JUAN MARTIN DEL POTRO [champion]
Q:What sound do you hate? -A:When Maria Sharapova plays tennis-[JuanMonaco][♥]
I was thinking, ‘Lay down with him’, But if I do that, we’d never stand up.-[Delpo]
° Lindo.Tenis.Chicos← ← ← ← My tumblr blog...check it out, or dont whatever its your call...°
xohxmyx is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 12:25 AM   #168
country flag cobalt60
Pacific Northwest Home

cobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond repute

cobalt60 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 03:13 AM   #169
country flag Edda

Edda has a reputation beyond reputeEdda has a reputation beyond reputeEdda has a reputation beyond reputeEdda has a reputation beyond reputeEdda has a reputation beyond reputeEdda has a reputation beyond reputeEdda has a reputation beyond reputeEdda has a reputation beyond reputeEdda has a reputation beyond reputeEdda has a reputation beyond reputeEdda has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations, David!
Edda is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 11:08 AM   #170
country flag alisia

alisia has a reputation beyond reputealisia has a reputation beyond reputealisia has a reputation beyond reputealisia has a reputation beyond reputealisia has a reputation beyond reputealisia has a reputation beyond reputealisia has a reputation beyond reputealisia has a reputation beyond reputealisia has a reputation beyond reputealisia has a reputation beyond reputealisia has a reputation beyond repute

Relentless Ferrer dispatches Murray

Ferrer, who is in scintillating form this spring and also reached the semi-finals in Monte Carlo and Barcelona as well as the final in Rome, will next face the only non-Spanish man in the final four, world number one Roger Federer.

The ninth-seeded Spaniard got off to a blistering start, breaking in just the second game, and looked poised for a repeat of the comfortable straight sets win he recorded over the Brit in Rome two weeks ago.

But Murray, who turned 23 as the match went on past midnight, has enjoyed a better run in Madrid and, after threatening in the seventh game, eventually broke back in the ninth, when Ferrer sent a backhand long.

The Scot earned himself yet more break points just two games later, producing a stunning cross court forehand return of serve that dumbfounded Ferrer. But the tenacious Spaniard quickly recovered with some blistering ground-strokes and went on to hold when Murray slapped a backhand into the net.

After stopping the run of three games against him, Ferrer managed to wrestle back momentum from Murray and grabbed the tight first set at his second attempt with a series of huge inside out forehands down the line nicely opening up the court for the cross court forehand winner.

Despite holding break points in the opening game of the second set, Murray was again left disappointed as Ferrer held on. And the frustration finally began to tell on the Scot when he slapped consecutive backhands long of the baseline to hand Ferrer an early break.

However just when the stubborn Scot looked undone, he somehow found a way back into the match, breaking back in the fifth game as Ferrer, who conceded serve with a forehand into the net, suffered a slight slump.

Ferrer, the more natural of the two players on clay, refused to look concerned though and teed up another break chance three games later with a blistering cross court forehand winner.

And although Murray saved it, and a second break point, he eventually succumbed, dropping serve on the third break point after a cross court forehand into the tramlines.

From there Ferrer had little worries, serving out the match to love when Murray dumped a cross court backhand into the net.
alisia is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 11:26 AM   #171
country flag Carol96

Carol96 has a reputation beyond reputeCarol96 has a reputation beyond reputeCarol96 has a reputation beyond reputeCarol96 has a reputation beyond reputeCarol96 has a reputation beyond reputeCarol96 has a reputation beyond reputeCarol96 has a reputation beyond reputeCarol96 has a reputation beyond reputeCarol96 has a reputation beyond reputeCarol96 has a reputation beyond reputeCarol96 has a reputation beyond repute

Beautiful win against Murray!!!!

Just hold it together this evening, David!!!!! VAMOOOSSSSS!!!!
Carol96 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 09:11 PM   #172
country flag cobalt60
Pacific Northwest Home

cobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond repute

From Robbie Koenig:

For those of you who read my last blog, Friday’s evening session is exactly what I’m talking about! It’s almost 2 am Saturday morning as I arrive back from commentating the David Ferrer / Andy Murray match. Ferrer won’t get to sleep till around 4am and he’s gotta come back and play Roger Saturday night. I thought sporting contests were supposed to be fair! That’s BS as far as I’m concerned, Ferrer is at a massive disadvantage having a lot less time to recover, never mind the fact he’s gotta take on Federer! Get rid of two evening session singles matches.

Some good matches today…Nic Almagro is looking really hungry and it’s good to see the young man playing some inspired tennis again because he’s rough on this red stuff. He plays with a lot of passion and I love that!

Roger is slowly getting back to his best and I thought it was a good contest this evening between him and Ernests Gulbis. He hit some great volleys!

Rafa is looking impenetrable. Can’t see anyone beating him!

But for me, today belonged to David Ferrer. His tussle with Murray was vintage stuff and proved again “It’s not the size of the dog in the fight, it’s the size of the fight in the dog!!” David is probably the player I admire most… Listen, I love watching Federer, he’s a genius, period. And Nadal is phenomenal with his attitude, fighting spirit and the way he carries himself. Ferrer is cut from the same cloth as Rafa, only he’s 5’9 ( I can relate!) and doesn’t have the luxury of being a lefty! But it’s the ATTITUDE of the guy that’s so impressive…the way he relishes the battle and the process of working out his opponent is only matched by Nadal. He rarely lets a poor shot bother him for more than the 25 seconds before the next point. When he vents his frustration, he does that to the max, he’ll destroy his racket, grab a new one, then crack on with the match. No “hangover” from the previous point. He’s got this ability to concentrate for such long periods of time and keep the intensity high…for 3,4,5 hours sometimes. Remember the Davis Cup final against Radek Stepanek??? Enough said!

If tennis coaches/federations etc. want a player to reference, this is the guy. He’s a mortal, Roger and Rafa operate in a different atmosphere. Let’s be realistic here, very few will ever reach the heights of those two guys. I think it’s easier to relate to the nuggety Spaniard. He’s not 6’4 with a massive serve. He doesn’t have bulging biceps or a forehand like Federer, but he’s a very well-rounded player. Well you might say there’s tons of well-rounded players. Yes, true, but very few with the attitude, heart, desire AND wheels of David Ferrer! The greatest compliment you can pay an athlete is to say they’ve maximized their ability and talent, and Ferrer has done that better than most!

Rob
Old 05-15-2010, 09:11 PM   #173
country flag cobalt60
Pacific Northwest Home

Whatever the outcome got to love this guy
Come on david- play with aggression please
Old 05-15-2010, 09:14 PM   #174
country flag cobalt60
Pacific Northwest Home

Oh damn. And I was just paged
Old 05-15-2010, 09:32 PM   #175
country flag cobalt60
Pacific Northwest Home

Missed the last game but what the hell. Good job again this week David And I have been able to watch your matches again and again and again!!!
Old 05-15-2010, 10:03 PM   #176
country flag Jillian

Jillian has a reputation beyond reputeJillian has a reputation beyond reputeJillian has a reputation beyond reputeJillian has a reputation beyond reputeJillian has a reputation beyond reputeJillian has a reputation beyond reputeJillian has a reputation beyond reputeJillian has a reputation beyond reputeJillian has a reputation beyond reputeJillian has a reputation beyond reputeJillian has a reputation beyond repute

Ok, so the result wasn't what I wanted but David played another great match and fought like a tiger as usual. He has had another brilliant tournament and I for one, am so very proud of him and even happier for him. He really has the heart of a lion and is definately not afraid of hard work

I hope he follows this up now by having a good French Open
Jillian is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 02:23 AM   #177
country flag Edda

Edda has a reputation beyond reputeEdda has a reputation beyond reputeEdda has a reputation beyond reputeEdda has a reputation beyond reputeEdda has a reputation beyond reputeEdda has a reputation beyond reputeEdda has a reputation beyond reputeEdda has a reputation beyond reputeEdda has a reputation beyond reputeEdda has a reputation beyond reputeEdda has a reputation beyond repute

You did great this week, David! I love David Ferrer's courage and fight.
Edda is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 06:27 AM   #178
country flag xohxmyx

xohxmyx has a reputation beyond reputexohxmyx has a reputation beyond reputexohxmyx has a reputation beyond reputexohxmyx has a reputation beyond reputexohxmyx has a reputation beyond reputexohxmyx has a reputation beyond reputexohxmyx has a reputation beyond reputexohxmyx has a reputation beyond reputexohxmyx has a reputation beyond reputexohxmyx has a reputation beyond reputexohxmyx has a reputation beyond repute

I missed the match but, im happy david got this far he has had a really great run, I knew it would be hard against federer. I agree with what Koenig said about it not being fair that ferrer had to play until 1:30-2 in the morning, then come back the next day and play the world number 1! thats a hard enough task on a normal day but when your still tired from the night before it becomes even harder.
But still I doubt any player could want a better lead up to a GS 3 semifinal apperances and 1 final! Im looking forward to RG for sure
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I was in the locker room...Doing some bad things. I cannot tell you....JUAN MARTIN DEL POTRO [champion]
Q:What sound do you hate? -A:When Maria Sharapova plays tennis-[JuanMonaco][♥]
I was thinking, ‘Lay down with him’, But if I do that, we’d never stand up.-[Delpo]
° Lindo.Tenis.Chicos← ← ← ← My tumblr blog...check it out, or dont whatever its your call...°
xohxmyx is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 11:07 AM   #179
country flag alisia

alisia has a reputation beyond reputealisia has a reputation beyond reputealisia has a reputation beyond reputealisia has a reputation beyond reputealisia has a reputation beyond reputealisia has a reputation beyond reputealisia has a reputation beyond reputealisia has a reputation beyond reputealisia has a reputation beyond reputealisia has a reputation beyond reputealisia has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by xohxmyx View Post
I missed the match but, im happy david got this far he has had a really great run, I knew it would be hard against federer. I agree with what Koenig said about it not being fair that ferrer had to play until 1:30-2 in the morning, then come back the next day and play the world number 1! thats a hard enough task on a normal day but when your still tired from the night before it becomes even harder.
But still I doubt any player could want a better lead up to a GS 3 semifinal apperances and 1 final! Im looking forward to RG for sure
I just hope he does well at the French & gets a kind draw which keeps him away from Rafa especially & Fed until the semi's
alisia is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 03:58 PM   #180
country flag Carol96

Carol96 has a reputation beyond reputeCarol96 has a reputation beyond reputeCarol96 has a reputation beyond reputeCarol96 has a reputation beyond reputeCarol96 has a reputation beyond reputeCarol96 has a reputation beyond reputeCarol96 has a reputation beyond reputeCarol96 has a reputation beyond reputeCarol96 has a reputation beyond reputeCarol96 has a reputation beyond reputeCarol96 has a reputation beyond repute

Love the Robbie Koenig article - thanks cobalt60!!

Glad to see Ferru truly appreciated for once - it really gets to me that he is so underestimated by so many.

Plus it's his attitude off court that is so great: from everything I've seen / read he's a quiet, unassuming quy who doesn't have a big ego and who loves being with his folks and friends from Javea.

Ah, so he didn't win against Roger, but he didn't make Roger's life easy for him either - well done David!!!! VAMOS for RG!
Carol96 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote