Jewellery - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 10-07-2009, 10:35 PM   #16
country flag acionescu

acionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Jewellery

I'm crazy about jewelry, only to count all the pieces I have it would take hours People who know me think I have some sort of addiction and I'm a subject of endless mockery on the matter
I change my jewelry daily, assorting it with the clothes I wear and I don't leave the house without earrings, i would feel some sort of naked without them
I like mostly the massive silver jewelry especially with big, rough looking gems. My favorite gems are jade, aventurine, citrine, tiger eye, turqoise, emeralds and the organics ones: pearl, mother of pearl, amber and coral.
I don't like gold, don't own and don't wear it.
I also strongly dislike piercing. I only like it on ears lobe and only one not several.
I allways wear a silver cuff bracelet that my mother bought me last year for the 1st of March and a silver ring that my former boyfriend brought me from Denmark.

Some of the rings I was wearing one day this summer

acionescu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-07-2009, 10:54 PM   #17
country flag Cloudygirl

Cloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond repute

I wear a lot of silver jewellery. At the moment I'm wearing a silver knot ring. I wear this all the time. I found it in my bedroom by the chimney when I was about 10 (strange or what) and I guess that some bird had picked it up because it is shiny and dropped it down the chimney. Anyway I love it.

I've also got another simple silver ring on with a triangular stone.

At the moment I'm wearing a big silver necklace with a heart on it. My necklaces get changed a lot, I have a lot of beads and craft necklaces. I have a silver pentagram necklace that I wear a lot. I always get asked if I am wicca (I'm not if you are wondering) it was bought for me as a present and it has tons of sentimental value. There is also a celtic cross I wear (again not religious) that my mum bought me from my favourite part of Cornwall so I wear it for sentimental reasons, and because it is cute.

I have two sets of earrings in at the moment. 1 set of plain silver studs and 1 set of silver rose shaped studs. Oh and I have a plain silver hook bracelet on as well. I love beaded and silver bracelets and cuffs. Sometimes I wear a silver watch as well.

I do have some really sentimental jewellery like my great aunts wedding ring and my mums earrings that my dad bought her on her 21st but I don't like wearing stuff like that incase it gets lost.
Old 10-07-2009, 11:41 PM   #18
country flag Sunset of Age
Anathemaniac

Sunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond repute

Hey, nice thread, Voo!

I've wear four rings on each hand, most of them just cheap silver stuff you buy from the hippies down the street (I like them a lot though) - but three of them are a bit more valuable and mean a lot to me.
One of them is an antique golden ring with a moonstone which has belonged to my grandmother who I have never known, as she passed away very young (in her forties). I've been wearing it ever since my fingers were big enough, so from my early teenages I think.
Another one is a silver 'art déco'-ring with a blue glass stone in the middle. I bought it at an antique shop just because I fell in love with it, and I've never ever seen anything like it ever again.
And the third one is an antique white gold ring with a small diamond and six dark blue sapphires. I bought it when the Dutch guilder got exchanged for the euro. I have always had this 'side-job' as an artist, making portraits, comics, and whatnot, and I had this habit of putting the little money I got from those activities in a vase in my living room. As such I decided to turn around that vase when it came to the point that the guilder wouldn't be worth anything anymore, and to my pleasant surprise I had accumulated quite a nice amount of cash in those twenty years that had passed. In stead of exchanging that money for euros, I decided to buy something very nice for myself - as I always felt that the money I made with my artwork was worth a lot more to me than what I earned with my 'official' jobs - and I bought myself that ring, way more expensive than I ever had bought any jewelry before (and after).
It's quite a surprise to me that I have never managed to lose them.

Other than that: four celtic earrings, three in one ear, one in the other (I don't do symmetry ), and a leather necklace with a big silver pendant in the form of an evil BAT hanging from my neck. No armchains, they tend to bother me, except for the six ribbons on my right wrist, all from the Metal Festivals I've been visiting the past couple of years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudygirl View Post
I wear a lot of silver jewellery. At the moment I'm wearing a silver knot ring. I wear this all the time. I found it in my bedroom by the chimney when I was about 10 (strange or what) and I guess that some bird had picked it up because it is shiny and dropped it down the chimney. Anyway I love it.
How nice. It's obvious it was somehow 'meant' be yours.
I see you like the celtic silver stuff as well - I get asked about being 'wicca' because of it as well, but no, I wear it because I like it and it kind of suits when being into heavy metal, .

Am I still here? As one, with The Fear?
Am I still alive? I'm still f*cking ... Here...!"

"The Storm Before The Calm"

Anathema

Into music of the PROG-Dorky-kind? visit my blog or MTF's Prog Rock Thread.
Sunset of Age is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 11:49 PM   #19
country flag Cloudygirl

Cloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond repute

I'm symmetrical at the moment but I go through stages of wearing 2 earrings in one ear and 1 in the other. I've been thinking for a while of getting another one done though but I'm not sure it would suit me.

I love celtic stuff and craft jewellery. I have a couple of gorgeous broaches too that I wear from time to time. I like scarves and hats too. I'm all about the accessories lol.
Old 10-07-2009, 11:54 PM   #20
Anathemaniac

Sunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudygirl View Post
I love celtic stuff and craft jewellery. I have a couple of gorgeous broaches too that I wear from time to time. I like scarves and hats too. I'm all about the accessories lol.
Very nice! Well I have a lot of accessories as well, but for some strange reason I barely ever wear them...

Anathema

Old 10-07-2009, 11:54 PM   #21
country flag Dini

Dini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond repute

I have way too much jewellery. My mum has been collecting silver jewellery since she was 15 (she's 53 now) so you can only just begin to assume the size of that collection. But she's always liked silver more than gold and I guess I've got that from her. I buy jewellery nearly everytime I go to the highstreet and it's an addiction. I realise that I don't wear ALL the stuff I've bought but I still can't stop.

I have a habit of losing earrings and necklaces etc - so any bit I like I just don't wear that often as I'm afraid to lose it (even if it was cheap).
Dini is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 11:57 PM   #22
country flag Voo de Mar

Voo de Mar has a reputation beyond reputeVoo de Mar has a reputation beyond reputeVoo de Mar has a reputation beyond reputeVoo de Mar has a reputation beyond reputeVoo de Mar has a reputation beyond reputeVoo de Mar has a reputation beyond reputeVoo de Mar has a reputation beyond reputeVoo de Mar has a reputation beyond reputeVoo de Mar has a reputation beyond reputeVoo de Mar has a reputation beyond reputeVoo de Mar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie the Cat View Post
Hey, nice thread, Voo!

[...]
Very interesting Karin but maybe you'd show some pictures? I don't know for example how look celtic earrings
Match points
Tie-breaks
Aces

Chiquita bananas ECC Antwerp
Voo de Mar is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 12:09 AM   #23
Anathemaniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voo de Mar View Post
Very interesting Karin but maybe you'd show some pictures? I don't know for example how look celtic earrings
I've been looking on the net to find pictures matching mine, but couldn't find any. I'll see if I can find time to make some pictures of my own soon.

Anathema

Old 10-08-2009, 12:13 AM   #24
country flag Voo de Mar

Voo de Mar has a reputation beyond reputeVoo de Mar has a reputation beyond reputeVoo de Mar has a reputation beyond reputeVoo de Mar has a reputation beyond reputeVoo de Mar has a reputation beyond reputeVoo de Mar has a reputation beyond reputeVoo de Mar has a reputation beyond reputeVoo de Mar has a reputation beyond reputeVoo de Mar has a reputation beyond reputeVoo de Mar has a reputation beyond reputeVoo de Mar has a reputation beyond repute

^ It would be nice, I think pictures of ears, fingers, necks and wrists are much appreciated in this thread
Match points
Tie-breaks
Aces

Old 10-08-2009, 12:27 AM   #25
country flag Getta

Getta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voo de Mar View Post
I think pictures of ears, fingers, necks and wrists are much appreciated in this thread
I concur most heartily.
Getta is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 12:41 PM   #26
country flag Eden
Thanks for a great year

Eden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond repute

The only jewellery I wear are 6 earrings and sometimes a necklace. I don't really like to wear rings because they are bothering me at work.
Eden is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 01:46 PM   #27
country flag Voo de Mar

In the meantime I changed earrings twice, what you can see below Good to know I share a concept of three earrings in the left ear with Eden
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ff.JPG (42.7 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg S5001911.JPG (59.4 KB, 4 views)
Match points
Tie-breaks
Aces

Old 05-11-2010, 12:05 PM   #28
country flag theMEESH

theMEESH has a reputation beyond reputetheMEESH has a reputation beyond reputetheMEESH has a reputation beyond reputetheMEESH has a reputation beyond reputetheMEESH has a reputation beyond reputetheMEESH has a reputation beyond reputetheMEESH has a reputation beyond reputetheMEESH has a reputation beyond reputetheMEESH has a reputation beyond reputetheMEESH has a reputation beyond reputetheMEESH has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not really too big on jewelry. I love the idea of it... but I'm allergic to most metals and i just never really got into it the way my mom is. lol

There are two necklaces that i do wear often. Although for a long time I couldn't even look at them because ... it's hard to explain. ANYWAYS.

They are both Hawaiian-y

I got this bone necklace in Hawaii.. the guy who makes these is pretty awesome... he's from Tonga... But this dude... he sells them outside of the Dole Plantation... Which has the BEST pineapple soft serve ice cream around. Actually... I think it may be the only pineapple soft serve ice cream place. I was once craving it... and realized there was no real way to satisfy my craving

The etsy description says: 'This infinity twist pendant features a new beginning spiral and symbolizes eternity and the bonding of friendship, two lives becoming one for eternity and bonding of family.'

I picked this one because I am very into the idea of family... or you know... a unit of people who are very close... they don't have to be blood related in my mind.

And my honu turtle necklace my siblings got me from Na Hoku as a gift for my high school graduation. Mine is in white gold though