Add fuel to the fire aka Clay Season - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 04-12-2010, 12:34 AM   #16
country flag Via

Via has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Add fuel to the fire aka Clay Season

don't you hate it when your predictions are so spot on? lol
Via is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-14-2010, 08:38 PM   #17
country flag Marine

Marine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond repute

Arnaud has never seen as much matches as the last past months I think.
He saw gasquet yesterday, and serra today. Well... we can't say he was lucky (too) as a supporter. lol

Guy Forget
Marine is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 12:50 PM   #18
country flag Marine

Marine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond repute

CLÉMENT TOUJOURS MOTIVÉ

Au repos chez lui à Aix-en-Provence après son élimination au dernier tour des qualifications à Monte-Carlo, Arnaud Clément a repris un TGV nocturne dimanche pour une semaine d'entraînement à Roland-Garros. Le Français, 32 ans, est inscrit la semaine prochaine au gros Challenger de Tunis. Il sera accompagné par plusieurs compatriotes: Thierry Ascione, Josselin Ouanna, Laurent Recouderc, Florent Serra et Edouard Roger-Vasselin. Richard Gasquet, initialement engagé, s'est retiré pour une raison inconnue.

After taking a break at home in Aix after Monte Carlo, he's training this week in Roland Garros. He plays Tunis challenger the next week with many other frenchies.
I wonder WHEN and HOW MANY days he spends in geneva in a year ...lol

Guy Forget

Last edited by Marine : 04-20-2010 at 01:08 PM.
Old 04-20-2010, 04:36 PM   #19
country flag soulage

soulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marine View Post
I wonder WHEN and HOW MANY days he spends in geneva in a year ...lol
I though there was a number of days he has to live in Geneva but Arno is often in Aix when he's not training in Paris or on tour and incredible he was taking some rest even if only some days . A week of train and then find a plane to reach Tunis not easy those days maybe things will be better at the end of the week otherwise another week without tournaments
soulage is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 05:34 PM   #20
country flag Marine

ohhh noo please !!!!!! I don't care if arnaud can't reach tunis but I have a plane to take on monday, I hope it will be better very soon ! (I saw many planes in the sky today, I was so excited... after nothing since friday ! lol)

Guy Forget
Old 04-20-2010, 05:45 PM   #21
country flag soulage

soulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond repute

I read that it was supposed to be better at the end of the week but with nature we never know then it depends where you takes your plane and where you go. I Hope you won't have problems.

For Arno i just see that he didn't enter Bordeaux He loves the breaks now and considering the fact clay is not for him he made a ligt schedule His clay season could be only Casablanca, MC, Tunis, Estoril, RG. Only 5 tournaments in 8 weeks are not in his current standards Or maybe he needs to spend some days in Geneva.
Old 04-20-2010, 06:53 PM   #22
country flag Marine

Quote:
Originally Posted by soulage View Post

His clay season could be only Casablanca, MC, Tunis, Estoril, RG.
Estoril ??? I didn't remember the tournament is in 2 may and I didn't know arnaud was going to play it... what a pity , a week later cos I'll be in Lisbon the next week...LOL

Guy Forget
Old 04-25-2010, 06:39 PM   #23
country flag Marine

In Tunis, arnaud plays a qualifier at first round (Torebko) and plays with Ascione in double.

It seems he will play with Lindstedt in Estoril. (You know, the guy who USES internet ...lol)

(Men med tanke på att jag ska spela Estoril om en dryg vecka så kände jag inte för att riskera inställda flyg just dit. Tycker det är rätt långt att köra bil Båstad-Estoril. Det är en av anledningarna till varför jag åkte till södra Frankrike och vilar ut mig i några dagar. Förhoppningsvis funkar flyget då, för jag vill även inte åka bil härifrån. Jag spelar för övrigt med Arnaud Clement igen nere i Estoril.) =) Thanks google lol

Guy Forget
Old 04-26-2010, 08:59 AM   #24
country flag soulage

Peter Torebko I'm sure he can lose this after his poor win in MC against the unknown guy Anyway the second round would be tough An interview here http://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0Bxqn...mZWZk&cindex=1 I don't feel him very motivated a bit asleep At one moment he says he would like to finish the year in the top 50 and he says that now he steps back with the clay
Old 04-26-2010, 03:36 PM   #25
country flag soulage

Well for the top 50 he can dream I predicted it he did it 6-7/3-6

The loss of the year and one of his poor, the level was so down from what i saw I follow on a poor stream the end of first set from 4-4 and he had some SP before the tie-break that he didn't converted cos he was playing too bad. The tie-break started badly 1-4 down then at 4-5* for the german the ball of Arno seemed really to touch the line but called out Arno asked the umpire to check but he showed a wrong mark and the judge line also . Arno was not happy and stayed at least 10 minutes at the net to discuss about that but they don't replay the point and he lost the set on an ace. He was indeed stolen of the point i think but he should have close this set before with all the opportunities he had and start this tie-break better. He was not able to read the strange serve of that guy who was hitting big serve or double faults and with a strange game awful to watch actually and Arno not able to break that makes him crazy and playing more and more poorly that at one moment it was looking like a qualifying future match cos the of course his opponent was also really poor. I stopped the poor livestream of that poor match after arno missed BP on first game of second set on again UE. I understood that he was not able to play tennis today and that he was feeling everything against him wrong calls, stupid opponent and amazing UE on BP. It was a bad bad day

He looks totally out of confidence that's impressive and we can't see something shinning away. In those days he could be beaten by a WTA player I think he should have choose to play the challenger on hard court cos on clay he's ridiculous. He knows that he plays badly and i think that after this match he near the gap. I would not be surprised if he withdraw from doubles cos the post match will be tough for him and he could want to come back in France. Estoril should be his last tournament before RG but at this level of game and of confidence i'm wondering what he can do on a tennis court. The match vs Kubot was awful, the qualies of MC also and here the same. Clay makes him so bad but as he lost confidence on himself he won't arrive very well on grass.

The veteran guy must find the pleasure somewhere otherwise no need to go on court and suffers being so bad. You're not on court at 32 to suffer but finf some enjoyement.
Old 04-27-2010, 01:44 AM   #26
country flag Via

Via has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond repute

gollies this sounds real painful must be the worst match of the year

at least he's lucky in love (only positive i can find around him lol)
Via is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 02:13 PM   #27
country flag Kezzi

Kezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond repute

I get an error when I try to play the interview on Google.

Just looked at the Tunis website and it says Bopanna/Qureshi got a walk over. Hope nobody's injured at the French team, because there's no reason mentioned at the website.

Last edited by Kezzi : 04-27-2010 at 02:26 PM.
Kezzi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 06:33 PM   #28
country flag soulage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kezzi View Post
I get an error when I try to play the interview on Google.

Just looked at the Tunis website and it says Bopanna/Qureshi got a walk over. Hope nobody's injured at the French team, because there's no reason mentioned at the website.
I've no problems with the audio For the WO it's written that's it's Arno right elbow but tough to know if he has really a problem or if it's a way to leave early Tunis. He made the same in Rennes last year. His tendinitis is maybe painful The elbow protection is maybe not enough now.

In the bulletin of the tournament http://www.tct.org.tn/bulletins/Bulletin-J2.pdf a pic of arno and they stress that it was electrical on court even a little argue with the German.
Old 04-27-2010, 07:03 PM   #29
country flag Kezzi

Kezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by soulage View Post
I've no problems with the audio For the WO it's written that's it's Arno right elbow but tough to know if he has really a problem or if it's a way to leave early Tunis. He made the same in Rennes last year. His tendinitis is maybe painful The elbow protection is maybe not enough now.

In the bulletin of the tournament http://www.tct.org.tn/bulletins/Bulletin-J2.pdf a pic of arno and they stress that it was electrical on court even a little argue with the German.
I guess to retire with an injury he needs to visit the tournament doctor, so I hope there's nothing seriously wrong.
Old 05-02-2010, 05:45 PM   #30
country flag soulage

he didn't withdraw from Estoril so we'll say that the elbow injury doesn't prevent him to play He plays Kunitsyn tomorrow both are in a bad period with poor results but the russian leads 3-0 in H2H and looks better on clay than arno anyway and I'm sure arno can be worst A bit of fight would be already nice even if a win looks far away currently