The most #1 record reached thread - Page 11 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 04-06-2010, 07:14 AM   #151
country flag Puschkin

Puschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The countdown to most #1 record thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by duong View Post
Federer doesn't need that
He didn't need it last year either.

~♠ Gasquetaires ♠~

un pour tous, tous pour un
‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
Puschkin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-06-2010, 10:37 AM   #152
country flag duong

duong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puschkin View Post
He didn't need it last year either.
I think big sponsors like Rolex have far more "money pressure" than Estoril directors.

Anyway, as for Estoril, I really think he plays there because he thinks it fits his preparation, and as it's only 4 matches maximum (actually he said that it was good for ATP250 tournaments to have 28-draws and you know why he said that ).
Old 04-07-2010, 08:06 AM   #153
country flag Massimoexp

Massimoexp has a reputation beyond reputeMassimoexp has a reputation beyond reputeMassimoexp has a reputation beyond reputeMassimoexp has a reputation beyond reputeMassimoexp has a reputation beyond reputeMassimoexp has a reputation beyond reputeMassimoexp has a reputation beyond reputeMassimoexp has a reputation beyond reputeMassimoexp has a reputation beyond reputeMassimoexp has a reputation beyond reputeMassimoexp has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by duong View Post
it's easy : if he's still number 1 after Roland-Garros, he equals Sampras.

IF he's number 1 after the Queens/Halle, he beats Sampras.

PErsonally my target is after the Queens/Halle, as it's even theoretically possible that Federer loses number 1 after RG but takes it back after Halle : in that case, he beats Sampras's record anyway as he would be number 1 3 more weeks until the end of Wimbledon

But of course it's better for that that he's still number 1 after RG

But the final target imo is after the Queens/Halle

(even though it would be better if he stays number 1 after Wimbledon , which would require to be quite ahead of Nadal before Wimbledon as Nadal has no points to lose from last year in Wimbledon )
Thank you very much
Massimoexp is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 06:17 PM   #154
country flag JediFed

JediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
i don't think anyone can follow his figures... unless jedifed breaks down the figures by the points obtained per tournament i don't think anyone will understand...
I'm confused by yours. We can't even agree on Fed's minimums, let alone the maximums for the other players.

If you guys are going by the tournaments that the players have announced that they are playing, then no wonder we aren't going to come up with the same figures.

I'm excluding Barca and Estoril. I am including MC/Rome/Madrid and RG. Nadal's RG points come off, just like Federer's. If you've included Nadals' RG points than you are going to get the wrong answer.

Sunset of Age
She's MY Miss MTF
Sweet, Sassy, Sophisticated

"Love has nothing to do with what you're expecting to get, only what you're expecting to give - which is everything. What you receive in return varies, but that really has no connection with why you give. You give because you love and cannot help giving." - K. Hepburn.
JediFed is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 06:20 PM   #155
country flag JediFed

JediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Unfortunately not for very much longer Sean. Nadal will be reclaiming that title, and he's looking every bit an almost sure bet for that.
That's true, but Roger is much better on clay than everyone other than Nadal. So we shall see. It seems strange that he's the King of Clay coming into the season, but that's the truth.

The key for Roger here is to pick up as many points as possible before RG. It helps that none of his big rivals have won a tournament yet this year, and Roddick cleaned up the HC.

Nadal, has the unenviable position of defending everything up until Madrid, and he cannot threaten Roger until RG. Djokovic is still in a more threatening position, and then Murray, depending on how they do on clay. This can quickly change if Nadal successfully defends his titles.

Sunset of Age
She's MY Miss MTF
Sweet, Sassy, Sophisticated

"Love has nothing to do with what you're expecting to get, only what you're expecting to give - which is everything. What you receive in return varies, but that really has no connection with why you give. You give because you love and cannot help giving." - K. Hepburn.
JediFed is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 09:48 PM   #156
country flag wackykid

wackykid has a reputation beyond reputewackykid has a reputation beyond reputewackykid has a reputation beyond reputewackykid has a reputation beyond reputewackykid has a reputation beyond reputewackykid has a reputation beyond reputewackykid has a reputation beyond reputewackykid has a reputation beyond reputewackykid has a reputation beyond reputewackykid has a reputation beyond reputewackykid has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediFed View Post
I'm confused by yours. We can't even agree on Fed's minimums, let alone the maximums for the other players.

If you guys are going by the tournaments that the players have announced that they are playing, then no wonder we aren't going to come up with the same figures.

I'm excluding Barca and Estoril. I am including MC/Rome/Madrid and RG. Nadal's RG points come off, just like Federer's. If you've included Nadals' RG points than you are going to get the wrong answer.
well at least more than a few other people can agree with my numbers and nobody could agree with yours. and besides why complicate yourself with an already complicating ATP rankings by choosing to exclude certain tournaments?

edit: as for my numbers... my minimums is the same as yours except you did not take away monte carlo 2009 and i did...

regards,
wacky

Last edited by wackykid : 04-07-2010 at 10:02 PM.
wackykid is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 05:59 PM   #157
country flag Massimoexp

Massimoexp has a reputation beyond reputeMassimoexp has a reputation beyond reputeMassimoexp has a reputation beyond reputeMassimoexp has a reputation beyond reputeMassimoexp has a reputation beyond reputeMassimoexp has a reputation beyond reputeMassimoexp has a reputation beyond reputeMassimoexp has a reputation beyond reputeMassimoexp has a reputation beyond reputeMassimoexp has a reputation beyond reputeMassimoexp has a reputation beyond repute

Hello wicky , this is the 278 th week right ?
Old 04-12-2010, 10:55 PM   #158
country flag robinhood

robinhood has a reputation beyond reputerobinhood has a reputation beyond reputerobinhood has a reputation beyond reputerobinhood has a reputation beyond reputerobinhood has a reputation beyond reputerobinhood has a reputation beyond reputerobinhood has a reputation beyond reputerobinhood has a reputation beyond reputerobinhood has a reputation beyond reputerobinhood has a reputation beyond reputerobinhood has a reputation beyond repute

Amazing thread. Thank you for your hard work, Wacky!

THE SAN FRANCISCO GIANTS WS CHAMPS 2010 & 2012

GIANTS SHARKS NINERS WARRIORS A'S RAIDERS
robinhood is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 02:19 AM   #159
country flag wackykid

wackykid has a reputation beyond reputewackykid has a reputation beyond reputewackykid has a reputation beyond reputewackykid has a reputation beyond reputewackykid has a reputation beyond reputewackykid has a reputation beyond reputewackykid has a reputation beyond reputewackykid has a reputation beyond reputewackykid has a reputation beyond reputewackykid has a reputation beyond reputewackykid has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Massimoexp View Post
Hello wicky , this is the 278 th week right ?
yes... thanks... i have updated the total weeks... as there aren't any activities this week i tend to forget (or ignore) updating that stat...

regards,
wacky
wackykid is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 07:48 AM   #160
country flag Daniel

Daniel has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by robinhood View Post
@ Wacky

~~~Roger Federer (16 GS): Wimbledon 2003, AO 2004, Wimbledon 2004, US Open 2004, Wimbledon 2005, US Open 2005, AO 2006, Wimbledon 2006, US Open 2006, AO 2007, Wimbledon 2007, US Open 2007, US Open 2008, Roland Garros 2009, Wimbledon 2009, AO 2010 ~~~

Daniel is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 06:16 PM   #161
country flag Massimoexp

Quote:
Originally Posted by robinhood View Post
@ wacky
Old 04-14-2010, 01:26 PM   #162
country flag SUKTUEN

SUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.time.com/time/specials/pa...972075,00.html

vote for Roger!!! Time Magazine is currently running their yearly poll for the "world's most influential people in 2010"
SUKTUEN is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 03:27 PM   #163
country flag marcRD
Banned!

marcRD has a reputation beyond reputemarcRD has a reputation beyond reputemarcRD has a reputation beyond reputemarcRD has a reputation beyond reputemarcRD has a reputation beyond reputemarcRD has a reputation beyond reputemarcRD has a reputation beyond reputemarcRD has a reputation beyond reputemarcRD has a reputation beyond reputemarcRD has a reputation beyond reputemarcRD has a reputation beyond repute

By now I think Nadal has a better shot than not to win MC, Barcelona, Rome and RG. That would give him 8,550 points+whatever he gets from Madrid which I think he wont play.

Federe will have to win more than 1240 points in Rome, Estoril, Madrid and RG to secure nr1 in that case. So lets say Federer loses in an early round in Rome, wins Estoril, loses in SF in Madrid and in QF in RG, that would mean Nadal would be nr1 before Federer can get his record. While Fed probably will produce better results than that I can see the danger if he plays bad before RG and I really can see Federer losing before SF in RG aswell.

Federer still is 80% to break the record, but after Wimbledon Nadal should be nr1.
marcRD is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 02:24 PM   #164
country flag BlueSwan

BlueSwan has a reputation beyond reputeBlueSwan has a reputation beyond reputeBlueSwan has a reputation beyond reputeBlueSwan has a reputation beyond reputeBlueSwan has a reputation beyond reputeBlueSwan has a reputation beyond reputeBlueSwan has a reputation beyond reputeBlueSwan has a reputation beyond reputeBlueSwan has a reputation beyond reputeBlueSwan has a reputation beyond reputeBlueSwan has a reputation beyond repute

Can we now please all agree that Nadal is the ONLY real threat to Rogers #1 ranking at the moment?
Old 04-18-2010, 02:27 PM   #165
country flag BlueSwan

BlueSwan has a reputation beyond reputeBlueSwan has a reputation beyond reputeBlueSwan has a reputation beyond reputeBlueSwan has a reputation beyond reputeBlueSwan has a reputation beyond reputeBlueSwan has a reputation beyond reputeBlueSwan has a reputation beyond reputeBlueSwan has a reputation beyond reputeBlueSwan has a reputation beyond reputeBlueSwan has a reputation beyond reputeBlueSwan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcRD View Post
By now I think Nadal has a better shot than not to win MC, Barcelona, Rome and RG. That would give him 8,550 points+whatever he gets from Madrid which I think he wont play.

Federe will have to win more than 1240 points in Rome, Estoril, Madrid and RG to secure nr1 in that case. So lets say Federer loses in an early round in Rome, wins Estoril, loses in SF in Madrid and in QF in RG, that would mean Nadal would be nr1 before Federer can get his record. While Fed probably will produce better results than that I can see the danger if he plays bad before RG and I really can see Federer losing before SF in RG aswell.

Federer still is 80% to break the record, but after Wimbledon Nadal should be nr1.
Agreed. I'm no longer positive that Federer breaks the record but it is still the most likely scenario.