The most #1 record reached thread - Page 10 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 04-03-2010, 03:44 AM   #136
country flag Federerhingis

Federerhingis has a reputation beyond reputeFedererhingis has a reputation beyond reputeFedererhingis has a reputation beyond reputeFedererhingis has a reputation beyond reputeFedererhingis has a reputation beyond reputeFedererhingis has a reputation beyond reputeFedererhingis has a reputation beyond reputeFedererhingis has a reputation beyond reputeFedererhingis has a reputation beyond reputeFedererhingis has a reputation beyond reputeFedererhingis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The countdown to most #1 record thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediFed View Post
Right now, Djokovic, Del Potro, or Murray could all conceivably be number one after RG, depending on how well any of them do. Most likely, is Murray right now at number 2 after RG, coming into Wimbledon.

I'm not too worried about Federer, because none of his main rivals did anything at the start of the year. We are on clay now, and Roger is the reigning clay champion.
Unfortunately not for very much longer Sean. Nadal will be reclaiming that title, and he's looking every bit an almost sure bet for that.
when he has done you no harm, Proverbs3:30"

So long Marat Safin, C'mon Lleyton Hewitt,Viel gluck Tommy Haas, Bring it on Marcos Baghdatis, Gut Spielen Nicolas Kiefer, Dale Fernando Gonzalez, Dale David Nalbandian, Davai Nikolay Davydenko and Allez Jo-Wilfried Tsonga

Roger continue marvelling us the tennis mortals

Roger Federer & Martina Hingis (TENNIS)
Federerhingis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-03-2010, 04:10 AM   #137
country flag wackykid

wackykid has a reputation beyond reputewackykid has a reputation beyond reputewackykid has a reputation beyond reputewackykid has a reputation beyond reputewackykid has a reputation beyond reputewackykid has a reputation beyond reputewackykid has a reputation beyond reputewackykid has a reputation beyond reputewackykid has a reputation beyond reputewackykid has a reputation beyond reputewackykid has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie the Cat View Post
An interesting change of events indeed now that Nadal is ousted in the semis of Miami - which I didn't at all expect to happen
it didn't came to me as surprised at all... i never think nadal is going to make a clean sweep anyway... even the coming clay titles i doubt he will make a clean sweep either... it isn't easy to win all the titles... ppl are just pampered to nadal cleaning up the clay titles and fed cleaning up the rest of the titles in the past that they think it is such an easy task...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtipson View Post
How do you get those figures for Nadal - did you forget he lost at Roland Garros in the fourth round last year? I make his maximum 9280 after the French, and he can only gain in Paris and Madrid. With Federer's minimum 7315 (my calc), that's still an awful lot of work for Roger to do.

Also, my numbers show Del Potro at 10045 max, and Djokovic 11070; Murray's max is lower - 8935. It's far from done.

Edit: Murray max now 9935 with the Monte Carlo wildcard
i don't think anyone can follow his figures... unless jedifed breaks down the figures by the points obtained per tournament i don't think anyone will understand...

update:
miami is effectively over as far as this thread is concerned... with nadal ousted... so time to update the first post...

regards,
wacky

Last edited by wackykid : 04-03-2010 at 07:18 PM.
wackykid is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 07:37 PM   #138
country flag BlueSwan

BlueSwan has a reputation beyond reputeBlueSwan has a reputation beyond reputeBlueSwan has a reputation beyond reputeBlueSwan has a reputation beyond reputeBlueSwan has a reputation beyond reputeBlueSwan has a reputation beyond reputeBlueSwan has a reputation beyond reputeBlueSwan has a reputation beyond reputeBlueSwan has a reputation beyond reputeBlueSwan has a reputation beyond reputeBlueSwan has a reputation beyond repute

Roger really should apply for a wild card into Monte Carlo. What's the point of having nearly a month off now and then play Rome, Estoril and Madrid three weeks in a row. Very very weird scheduling. Playing Monte Carlo, Rome and Madrid and dropping Estoril would make far more sense, especially given how well Roger usually does at Monte Carlo.
Old 04-03-2010, 07:48 PM   #139
country flag Corey Feldman
Banned!

Corey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueSwan View Post
Roger really should apply for a wild card into Monte Carlo. What's the point of having nearly a month off now and then play Rome, Estoril and Madrid three weeks in a row. Very very weird scheduling. Playing Monte Carlo, Rome and Madrid and dropping Estoril would make far more sense, especially given how well Roger usually does at Monte Carlo.
couldnt agree more with you

finally another Federer fan around here who gets it

and the thing is when he does come back, he will be rusty and play one horror match after another until the inevitable early loss

if not even M.Carlo, he should have played next week in casablanca or whatever just to get some friggin matches .. matches at some 250 would be on the same level as practise sessions (for him) anyway i'd probably guess
Corey Feldman is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 12:40 AM   #140
country flag rofe

rofe has a reputation beyond reputerofe has a reputation beyond reputerofe has a reputation beyond reputerofe has a reputation beyond reputerofe has a reputation beyond reputerofe has a reputation beyond reputerofe has a reputation beyond reputerofe has a reputation beyond reputerofe has a reputation beyond reputerofe has a reputation beyond reputerofe has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey Feldman View Post

and the thing is when he does come back, he will be rusty and play one horror match after another until the inevitable early loss

if not even M.Carlo, he should have played next week in casablanca or whatever just to get some friggin matches .. matches at some 250 would be on the same level as practise sessions (for him) anyway i'd probably guess
He is not playing MC to celebrate his 1st wedding anniversary with Mirka.

By the way, what's with the signature?
Old 04-04-2010, 12:43 AM   #141
Banned!

Corey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rofe View Post
He is not playing MC to celebrate his 1st wedding anniversary with Mirka.

By the way, what's with the signature?
i'm retiring, i wont stay around and watch Federer become of this. the rest of you seem to be able to take it, i cant.

its golf 24/7 for me from now on
Old 04-04-2010, 05:52 AM   #142
country flag BlueSwan

BlueSwan has a reputation beyond reputeBlueSwan has a reputation beyond reputeBlueSwan has a reputation beyond reputeBlueSwan has a reputation beyond reputeBlueSwan has a reputation beyond reputeBlueSwan has a reputation beyond reputeBlueSwan has a reputation beyond reputeBlueSwan has a reputation beyond reputeBlueSwan has a reputation beyond reputeBlueSwan has a reputation beyond reputeBlueSwan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

I believe the thinking behind the schedule was originally something like this:

Play warm-up events and then the AO. Then a solid period of practising. Then play Dubai, IW and Miami. Then another solid period of practising. Then the three clay events.

We all know that Roger likes to have periods of 3-4 weeks of practising with no tournaments. However that plan was disrupted by his illness. He skipped Dubai and barely played any matches at IW and Miami. So there is little need for any rest right now. What he needs more is matchplay - and the points involved with playing high profile tournaments like Monte Carlo.

On the other hand, playing Estoril makes no sense whatsoever. He he goes deep in Rome and then wins Estoril, he'll probably be forced to withdraw from Madrid and the measly 250 points you get for winning Estoril just isn't worth that.
Old 04-04-2010, 06:56 PM   #143
country flag Massimoexp

Massimoexp has a reputation beyond reputeMassimoexp has a reputation beyond reputeMassimoexp has a reputation beyond reputeMassimoexp has a reputation beyond reputeMassimoexp has a reputation beyond reputeMassimoexp has a reputation beyond reputeMassimoexp has a reputation beyond reputeMassimoexp has a reputation beyond reputeMassimoexp has a reputation beyond reputeMassimoexp has a reputation beyond reputeMassimoexp has a reputation beyond repute

Is 14 June the date that Roger has totally passed 287 weeks as a world number 1 ?

OR

Is 14 june the date that Roger is now passing 287 weeks at the moment as a world number 1 ? and Roger will complete 287 th week at the end of 14 th June's week ?

Last edited by Massimoexp : 04-04-2010 at 07:02 PM.
Massimoexp is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 06:59 PM   #144
Banned!

berdych just choked final to Roddick... easy easy loss wth no BP's

gotta love that, Roddick frightens players more now with his tennis than Fed does
Old 04-04-2010, 07:02 PM   #145
country flag Puschkin

Puschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueSwan View Post
IOn the other hand, playing Estoril makes no sense whatsoever.
I never understood that choice either, maybe it is purely financial.

~♠ Gasquetaires ♠~

un pour tous, tous pour un
‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
Puschkin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 07:26 PM   #146
country flag timafi

timafi has a reputation beyond reputetimafi has a reputation beyond reputetimafi has a reputation beyond reputetimafi has a reputation beyond reputetimafi has a reputation beyond reputetimafi has a reputation beyond reputetimafi has a reputation beyond reputetimafi has a reputation beyond reputetimafi has a reputation beyond reputetimafi has a reputation beyond reputetimafi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
berdych just choked final to Roddick... easy easy loss wth no BP's

gotta love that, Roddick frightens players more now with his tennis than Fed does
Roddick would probably give his 2 nuts for another slam;forget 16 on all 4 surfaces Corey;just sayin'

GOP Senator (WI-R) who doubts female senator was sexually harassed linked to Church sex abuse coverup

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/09/0...abuse-coverup/
timafi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 07:30 PM   #147
Banned!

if things keep going how they are... that might happen, timafi
Old 04-04-2010, 10:15 PM   #148
country flag timafi

timafi has a reputation beyond reputetimafi has a reputation beyond reputetimafi has a reputation beyond reputetimafi has a reputation beyond reputetimafi has a reputation beyond reputetimafi has a reputation beyond reputetimafi has a reputation beyond reputetimafi has a reputation beyond reputetimafi has a reputation beyond reputetimafi has a reputation beyond reputetimafi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
if things keep going how they are... that might happen, timafi
let's hope not.that would be a travesty

Roddick won't be a factor til Queens and I bet he knows it too but I would love for another Rafa-Roddick showdown in Paris and in ALL the MS Roddick shows up to;if he shows up and a Novak-Murray showdown and Soderling-Del Potro

GOP Senator (WI-R) who doubts female senator was sexually harassed linked to Church sex abuse coverup

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/09/0...abuse-coverup/
timafi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 09:29 AM   #149
country flag duong

duong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puschkin View Post
I never understood that choice either, maybe it is purely financial.
Federer doesn't need that

he's used to planning his schedules very carefully with Paganini and Luthi, I really don't think we're able to judge them

Practicing sessions are surely crucial for clay season : see last year it worked very well

He's also said that he wants to stay fit until the very-end of Wimbledon, and considering how badly he played in Wimbledon final last year, looking slow comparing to previous matches, I can perfectly understand that.

I surely think that the heaviest priority for him is to make a perfect Wimbledon : that's his tournament In RG, he can lose anyway even if he's in good form

Coming back in Roma might be a good choice if he plays well, as most of the top-players will have played previous two weeks in Monte-Carlo and Barcelona.

As for Estoril, it's a 28 draw, which means only 4 matches maximum.

If he doesn't reach final in Roma, it makes sense to play a little bit more before Madrid.

As for Monte-Carlo, an Italian website says that he got a WC :

http://www.sportitalia.com/shownews.aspx?id=12128

Quote:
For the second consecutive year requested and was granted a wild card for the ATP Monte Carlo.
but it's the only website saying that

I think it might make sense if he just makes two rounds here and exits, to get some practice like last year.

But if he goes far in the tournament, surely it changes his schedule a lot, and it would be hard to understand

I think the financial pressure is heavier for this one than for Estoril (see last year) as Rolex is the sponsor of the tournament

As for this WC, if the Italian website's information is not confirmed, I guess there will be some rumours until the end of the week
Old 04-05-2010, 09:36 AM   #150
country flag duong

duong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Massimoexp View Post
Is 14 June the date that Roger has totally passed 287 weeks as a world number 1 ?

OR

Is 14 june the date that Roger is now passing 287 weeks at the moment as a world number 1 ? and Roger will complete 287 th week at the end of 14 th June's week ?
it's easy : if he's still number 1 after Roland-Garros, he equals Sampras.

IF he's number 1 after the Queens/Halle, he beats Sampras.

PErsonally my target is after the Queens/Halle, as it's even theoretically possible that Federer loses number 1 after RG but takes it back after Halle : in that case, he beats Sampras's record anyway as he would be number 1 3 more weeks until the end of Wimbledon

But of course it's better for that that he's still number 1 after RG

But the final target imo is after the Queens/Halle

(even though it would be better if he stays number 1 after Wimbledon , which would require to be quite ahead of Nadal before Wimbledon as Nadal has no points to lose from last year in Wimbledon )