Davis Cup 2010: Vamos Franciaaaaaa... - Page 13 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 03-30-2010, 11:25 AM   #181
country flag Keijan

Keijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Davis Cup 2010: Vamos Franciaaaaaa...

Clermont The Strasbourgeois might cheer for Spain if Paulo isn't selected, we do not want to risk it

I don't get it about Bercy : the venue would be available only from "the sunday before the competition ?" but that would be perfect, no ? It's not like they're used to meet three weeks before...
Keijan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-30-2010, 12:04 PM   #182
country flag Puschkin

Puschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keijan View Post
Clermont The Strasbourgeois might cheer for Spain if Paulo isn't selected, we do not want to risk it
It is indoor and fast, not realistic for PHM. even Strassbourg folks should know that. .

Quote:
I don't get it about Bercy : the venue would be available only from "the sunday before the competition ?" but that would be perfect, no ? It's not like they're used to meet three weeks before...
Forget and his usual fuss.

~♠ Gasquetaires ♠~

un pour tous, tous pour un
‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
Puschkin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 12:24 PM   #183
country flag Keijan

Keijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
It is indoor and fast, not realistic for PHM. even Strassbourg folks should know that.
Wait, wait, I will find an argument in favour of Clermont hmmm... there is absolutely nothing to do there apart from playing tennis, so they won't be tempted to party the night before their matches

Do you say Strassbourg in Austria ? Because the right spelling is Strasbourg in French
Old 03-30-2010, 12:41 PM   #184
country flag Puschkin

Puschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Do you say Strassbourg in Austria ?
Don't you know the new languages: frallemend et allemandais?

~♠ Gasquetaires ♠~

Old 03-30-2010, 12:55 PM   #185
country flag Tess Gray

Tess Gray has a reputation beyond reputeTess Gray has a reputation beyond reputeTess Gray has a reputation beyond reputeTess Gray has a reputation beyond reputeTess Gray has a reputation beyond reputeTess Gray has a reputation beyond reputeTess Gray has a reputation beyond reputeTess Gray has a reputation beyond reputeTess Gray has a reputation beyond reputeTess Gray has a reputation beyond reputeTess Gray has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puschkin View Post
Don't you know the new languages: frallemend et allemandais?
Can't wait to hear how it sounds.
Tess Gray is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 01:00 PM   #186
country flag Keijan

Entschüldigung, I only speak frenglish y espançais
Old 03-30-2010, 01:15 PM   #187
country flag Puschkin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tess Gray View Post
Can't wait to hear how it sounds.
Allemandais sounds a bit like Roger Federer speaking French, without the "Swiss singing", though. I have no tennis players' example for frallemend yet.

~♠ Gasquetaires ♠~

Old 03-30-2010, 02:23 PM   #188
country flag Truc

Truc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond repute

It depends on whether the court would be available on the Sunday before the tie or just the venue. I imagine it takes some time to take down all the stuff for concerts and lay the tennis court (when I was in Zagreb two years ago and they had a similar scheduling problem - the venue was booked for something else until Sunday -, it took them 2 days to prepare everything, the first round matches had to be played on a small court).
Truc is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 05:13 PM   #189
country flag Keijan

But the tie begins on Friday, no ? So what if the court is only available from the Tuesday before ? It won't kill them to play on a similar surface but not in the real venue just for Sunday and Monday...

On the other hand, I agree that it would be fair to give the tie to a smaller city than Paris and without usual events (that would take Lyon out too btw.) Especially since Paris has 3 major events with RG, Bercy and Coubertin, so the Parisians have plenty of time to enjoy good tennis. But it really doesn't make things easier for me
Old 03-30-2010, 05:19 PM   #190
country flag Keijan

Federer's master of French is very impressive, by the way. And it's super funny because he doesn't make differences between usual language and familiar language, so he sometimes throws words like "conneries" (bullshit) or "c'est la merde" (we're fucked) in interviews
Old 03-30-2010, 08:37 PM   #191
country flag Truc

Truc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond repute

They have to provide a court of exactly the same surface as the one used for the tie from Monday on.
But I don't know if it's the real reason anyway, the article wasn't very clear.
Old 03-30-2010, 08:41 PM   #192
country flag Puschkin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truc View Post
They have to provide a court of exactly the same surface from Monday on.
well, you said that this was not the case in Zagreb when you were there?

But I agree with Keijan: Paris has enough tennis events. So why not going elsewhere? Playing indoors in July in France is weird anyway.

~♠ Gasquetaires ♠~

Old 03-30-2010, 08:48 PM   #193
country flag Truc

That's the rule for the Davis Cup, I don't know the rules for ATP events where they play on different courts anyway.
Maybe they can ask for an exemption too in Davis Cup. Or practice on Court 1 or find another place, I don't know.

The Mousquetaires video said that Bercy was the favourite to get it, so it's a bit strange they seem to rule it out now.
The local newspaper of Lyon seems pretty confident Lyon will get it.

Last edited by Truc : 03-30-2010 at 09:00 PM.
Old 03-30-2010, 08:58 PM   #194
country flag Puschkin

Quote:
That's the rule for the Davis Cup, I don't know the rules for ATP events.
Ah, Zagreb was not DC. I had already wondered about you going there for a Dc-tie, but did not look it up to check.

Quote:
The local newspaper of Lyon seems pretty confident Lyon will get it.
That may be wishful thinking, though.

~♠ Gasquetaires ♠~

Last edited by Puschkin : 03-30-2010 at 09:07 PM.
Old 03-30-2010, 09:10 PM   #195
country flag Truc

Yep, it was the ATP tournament, Gilles' favourite tournament! (He was asked last time in L'Equipe Mag if there is a tournament he prefers to avoid and he answered "Zagreb - let's say it's... different". It did show he wasn't enjoying himself much.)