Fedal Fans UNITE! :D - Page 6 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 11-23-2009, 09:42 PM   #76
country flag tennisfox

tennisfox has a reputation beyond reputetennisfox has a reputation beyond reputetennisfox has a reputation beyond reputetennisfox has a reputation beyond reputetennisfox has a reputation beyond reputetennisfox has a reputation beyond reputetennisfox has a reputation beyond reputetennisfox has a reputation beyond reputetennisfox has a reputation beyond reputetennisfox has a reputation beyond reputetennisfox has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Fedal Fans UNITE! :D

Pictures from the WTF photoshoot!

Nadal really should get up early enough to dry his hair...

This is a very strange picture

These pictures just make me lol.

tennisfox is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-10-2009, 10:28 PM   #77
country flag tennisfox

tennisfox has a reputation beyond reputetennisfox has a reputation beyond reputetennisfox has a reputation beyond reputetennisfox has a reputation beyond reputetennisfox has a reputation beyond reputetennisfox has a reputation beyond reputetennisfox has a reputation beyond reputetennisfox has a reputation beyond reputetennisfox has a reputation beyond reputetennisfox has a reputation beyond reputetennisfox has a reputation beyond repute

Nice article

Quote:
The hug – 2009’s No. 1 tennis moment

12/10/09 3:49 PM | Cheryl Murray
The hug – 2009’s No. 1 tennis moment Rafael Nadal and Roger Federer supply more amazing memories...

For a bit of time on a January night in Melbourne, the crowd at Rod Laver Arena melted away. The officials on the award platform and even Rod Laver himself were momentarily invisible. The world came down to two men having a moment – probably THE tennis moment of the decade.

Like most great moments, this one was born of spontaneity. It was one man recognizing that somebody else’s needs had to come before his own, of realizing that sometimes celebration must be delayed and consolation given instead.

So it was at the awards ceremony of the Australian Open. Rafael Nadal had just beaten Roger Federer in yet another heartbreaking five-set final – and heartbreaking it was. Federer stood poised to make his consolation speech, and though he surely would have wished it otherwise, he broke down into uncontrollable sobs.

The announcer, who displayed all of the delicacy of a sumo wrestler, warbled something into the microphone about waiting for Federer to "settle down" and he called Rafael Nadal to the stage instead. This is simply not done – the champion never speaks before the runner-up at a trophy ceremony. But Nadal, who clearly recognized that if the moment were going to be saved, he’d have to do it, jogged up onto the raised platform.

With the folks from Tennis Australia looking on helplessly, Nadal received the trophy from Laver, raised it once, and then seemed to make a decision. He clearly had not planned any of this – who could have? But he knew what needed to be done and with an instinct born of inherent decency, he tucked the trophy under his arm, ignored the Tennis Australia guys, and walked over to comfort his opponent.

It was a simple thing, relatively speaking. A quick arm slung around the neck, heads together for a brief moment and few words of encouragement. Ten seconds at most. But it was ten seconds that transcended sport and rivalries and important Grand Slam titles. It created this indelible moment of beauty between the sweaty and the tear-stained, where all the wrong things are suddenly perfect and exactly right.
Rest here
tennisfox is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 09:49 PM   #78
country flag l_mac
I DON'T LIKE DJOKOVIC

l_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond repute

Rafa watching Fed and liking what he sees at Miami R3

l_mac is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 09:50 PM   #79
country flag Sunset of Age
Anathemaniac

Sunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by l_mac View Post
Rafa watching Fed and liking what he sees at Miami R3

Thanks Linda. Lovely picture. And yes, I'm sure he liked what he saw out there.

Am I still here? As one, with The Fear?
Am I still alive? I'm still f*cking ... Here...!"

"The Storm Before The Calm"

Anathema

Into music of the PROG-Dorky-kind? visit my blog or MTF's Prog Rock Thread.
Sunset of Age is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 09:58 PM   #80
country flag l_mac
I DON'T LIKE DJOKOVIC

l_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond repute

I was expecting this thread to get a bump with the "look into my eyes" pic from the H4H. Perhaps the most Fedal pic I have ever seen.
Old 03-29-2010, 09:59 PM   #81
country flag kinski76
Humor is reason gone mad

kinski76 has a reputation beyond reputekinski76 has a reputation beyond reputekinski76 has a reputation beyond reputekinski76 has a reputation beyond reputekinski76 has a reputation beyond reputekinski76 has a reputation beyond reputekinski76 has a reputation beyond reputekinski76 has a reputation beyond reputekinski76 has a reputation beyond reputekinski76 has a reputation beyond reputekinski76 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not usually a fangirl, but this is a gorgeous pic of Rafa

I deleted your avatar because it was extremely inappropriate and not appreciated.
Why did it take 300 years to give the giant tortoise a scientific name?

kinski76 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 10:00 PM   #82
Anathemaniac

Sunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

I was expecting this thread to get a bump with the "look into my eyes" pic from the H4H. Perhaps the most Fedal pic I have ever seen.
You should have a look at the collection of Fedal loveliness I have stored on my HD since 2004.
Some 1928346192345123453912345 gigabyte of that.

Oh, on second thought - perhaps not.

Anathema

Last edited by Sunset of Age : 03-29-2010 at 10:08 PM.
Old 03-29-2010, 10:01 PM   #83
country flag Arkulari
Faithful Txurigorri

Arkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond repute

but yeah, these two guys can't absolutely stand each other, or at least the haters say so

Arkulari is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 10:01 PM   #84
Anathemaniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinski76 View Post

I'm not usually a fangirl, but this is a gorgeous pic of Rafa
It is. Just GORGEOUS. But then, I'm one of those Fedal fans who thinks he's getting to look better with age - any minute.

Anathema

Old 03-29-2010, 10:02 PM   #85
Anathemaniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkulari View Post
but yeah, these two guys can't absolutely stand each other, or at least the haters say so
- don't spoil the fun, Nat. We know better, eh?

Anathema

Old 03-29-2010, 10:33 PM   #86
country flag Arkulari
Faithful Txurigorri

Arkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Re: Fedal Fans UNITE! :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie the Cat View Post
- don't spoil the fun, Nat. We know better, eh?

Old 03-29-2010, 10:35 PM   #87
Anathemaniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkulari View Post

Time for me to find back some of my writing muse eh?
Maybe tomorrow.

Anathema

Old 03-29-2010, 10:41 PM   #88
country flag l_mac
I DON'T LIKE DJOKOVIC

I don't think many people think they disklike each other, but certainly some fans of one hate the other. At a certain Rafa fansite I am considered a Fed apologist
Old 03-29-2010, 10:43 PM   #89
country flag Arkulari
Faithful Txurigorri

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie the Cat View Post

Time for me to find back some of my writing muse eh?
Maybe tomorrow.

Old 03-29-2010, 10:44 PM   #90
Anathemaniac

Quote:
I don't think many people think they disklike each other, but certainly some fans of one hate the other. At a certain Rafa fansite I am considered a Fed apologist
Really? That's a side I wouldn't suspect of you, Linda.
For your information, at a certain Roger site, I've been designated as a Rafa Troll.

Anathema