The most #1 record reached thread - Page 4 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 03-21-2010, 11:52 PM   #46
country flag JediFed

JediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The countdown to most #1 record thread

Quote:
but we are talking based on what the numbers show... djokovic is the closest to catching roger currently... if u plan to exclude the ATP500s... then djokovic is even closer to catching compared to murray... since he already has more points in the ATP500 department than murray... and in theory only nadal will not overtake before RG... all the others in this thread could still overtake before RG (assuming JMDP and Davy last min could still join miami... if they doesn't then both won't overtake roger before RG)...
Murray simply has fewer points tied up in the clay season. Joker can't really rise much higher than he already is because he did so well at this time last year. Murray on the other hand has a much higher potential.

Sunset of Age
She's MY Miss MTF
Sweet, Sassy, Sophisticated

"Love has nothing to do with what you're expecting to get, only what you're expecting to give - which is everything. What you receive in return varies, but that really has no connection with why you give. You give because you love and cannot help giving." - K. Hepburn.
JediFed is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-22-2010, 11:57 AM   #47
country flag Riffrizzle

Riffrizzle has a reputation beyond reputeRiffrizzle has a reputation beyond reputeRiffrizzle has a reputation beyond reputeRiffrizzle has a reputation beyond reputeRiffrizzle has a reputation beyond reputeRiffrizzle has a reputation beyond reputeRiffrizzle has a reputation beyond reputeRiffrizzle has a reputation beyond reputeRiffrizzle has a reputation beyond reputeRiffrizzle has a reputation beyond reputeRiffrizzle has a reputation beyond repute

You're doing a great job wackykid, thanks man!

I hope Federer plays Monte-Carlo for an extra shot at 1000 ranking points. To fall a week or 2 weeks short of Sampras' record would be cruel!
Riffrizzle is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 02:55 PM   #48
country flag SUKTUEN

SUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond repute

oh my Roddick lost~~~

Roger please fight back in Miami~~
SUKTUEN is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 04:25 PM   #49
country flag duong

duong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediFed View Post
The problem is that for the record he needs to retain his points. Taking RG out of the equation would put him only 1300 points down from clinching number one until RG. I believe that Murray is the only one who can still catch him before RG.
Well I've not read the first post, but Djokovic is still definitely the main threat for the record.

So far for the record (points after the Queens/Halle) when you take off every point which players will lose by then, you have :

Code:
Federer	7 235
Djokovic	5 760
Davydenko	4 785
Murray	4 685
Del Potro	4 405
Roddick	3 430
Nadal	3 350
Söderling	2 895
Then Djoko "only" has to get 1500 more points than Federer by then.
With 6000 points he could possibly get, among which 2000 points in RG, it's far from impossible.

Federer should stay number 1 until the end of Roland-Garros (which would bring his record to 285 weeks, only one week from the record), that's nearly sure, but all of the problem is to still be number 1 after Roland-Garros (in that case Fed would be equal with Sampras, and he would beat him if he's still number 1 after the Queens/Halle).

What's "reassuring" for Federer is that Djokovic is not precisely reassuring recently, and Davydenko is injured. Same for Del Potro.

The second threat would be Nadal imo, more than Murray. He can still catch him after winning Roland-Garros. But he should also be nearly perfect before, and Federer quite poor.
Old 03-24-2010, 10:10 PM   #50
country flag JediFed

JediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, Djoko is the closest to Federer currently, but he's also defending more points. I still say Murray is the largest threat.

Sunset of Age
She's MY Miss MTF

"Love has nothing to do with what you're expecting to get, only what you're expecting to give - which is everything. What you receive in return varies, but that really has no connection with why you give. You give because you love and cannot help giving." - K. Hepburn.
Old 03-24-2010, 11:37 PM   #51
country flag duong

duong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Yes, Djoko is the closest to Federer currently, but he's also defending more points. I still say Murray is the largest threat.
I guess you didn't understand that the countdown I just did before was after taking off all points players are going to lose (I don't like the word "to defend" because the points from previous year are definitely lost anyway, I rather see the new achievements as "new points" than "defending" imo) until the Queens.

it means that after taking out all those points, Djokovic is still 1000 points ahead of Murray
Old 03-27-2010, 01:39 AM   #52
country flag Riffrizzle

Riffrizzle has a reputation beyond reputeRiffrizzle has a reputation beyond reputeRiffrizzle has a reputation beyond reputeRiffrizzle has a reputation beyond reputeRiffrizzle has a reputation beyond reputeRiffrizzle has a reputation beyond reputeRiffrizzle has a reputation beyond reputeRiffrizzle has a reputation beyond reputeRiffrizzle has a reputation beyond reputeRiffrizzle has a reputation beyond reputeRiffrizzle has a reputation beyond repute

Djokovic out in the 2nd round of Miami.
Riffrizzle is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 08:47 AM   #53
country flag JediFed

Quote:
I guess you didn't understand that the countdown I just did
Excuse me. It's you who doesn't understand the countdown I am doing. Murray has far more potential points out there than Djokovic. He did not have a great clay season, and if he does well this year, he is by far the biggest threat.

Quote:
it means that after taking out all those points, Djokovic is still 1000 points ahead of Murray
No, he's not. Right now Murray has a 1200 point gap on Djokovic and Del Potro in potential points.

Sunset of Age
She's MY Miss MTF

Old 03-27-2010, 08:52 AM   #54
country flag JediFed

(7225) Federer Minimum
[8490] Nadal Maximum
[8840] Djokovic Maximum (-1000)
[8940] Del Potro Maximum (-1000)
[9480] Murray Maximum (-1000)

These are the standings right now. Roger, if he plays nothing until RG ends has 7225 points minimum. Every point he earns from now until RG will add to his point total.

Murray is currently at 10480 maximum points, if he were to win Miami, MC, Rome, Madrid and RG.

Edit, and he gets bounced. Excellent. The Gap is down to 2255, meaning that Fed cannot be caught until the end of Madrid, and only by Murray. Any of Nadal, Djokovic, Del Potro, or Murray can still catch him at RG, as well as most of the field.

Sunset of Age
She's MY Miss MTF

Last edited by JediFed : 03-28-2010 at 03:29 AM.
Old 03-27-2010, 09:33 AM   #55
country flag SUKTUEN

SUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond repute

SUKTUEN is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 10:34 AM   #56
country flag duong

Quote:
(7225) Federer Minimum
[8490] Nadal Maximum
[8840] Djokovic Maximum (-1000)
[8940] Del Potro Maximum (-1000)
[10480] Murray Maximum

These are the standings right now. Roger, if he plays nothing until RG ends has 7225 points minimum. Every point he earns from now until RG will add to his point total.

Murray is currently at 10480 maximum points, if he were to win Miami, MC, Rome, Madrid and RG.

Djokovic is currently at 8840 maximum points, if he wins MC, Rome, Madrid and RG.

Currently Murray is now the limiter on Roger's weeks at number one, which he has now clinched until MC. Murray cannot pass Federer until MC, assuming he wins here in Miami and in MC, and Federer earns no points in either tournament. I believe that puts Roger at 381 now, only 5 weeks shy.
Here are my figures

Here are the maximums I get after the Queens for these 4 players.

I don't consider Murray playing MM clay tournaments, only Monte-Carlo, I mean it's already so impossible to think that he will win RG, Miami + 3 clay MS 1000 that it's useless to add that he will ask a WC for a MM clay tournament

As for Nadal and Del Potro I only count Monte-Carlo, Barcelona and the Queens, here's what I have :

maximum :

Djokovic 11080 (wins RG + 3 clay MS1000 + Belgrade and Queens)
Murray 10925 (wins Miami + RG + 3 clay MS1000 + Queens)
Del Potro 10155 (wins RG + 3 clay MS1000 + Barcelona + Queens)
Nadal 10090 (wins Miami + RG + 3 clay MS1000 + Barcelona + Queens)

Anyway, I think the only reasonable threat is Nadal, in a very lesser extent still Djokovic if he comes back from his current mess and totally reigns on clay season but it's hard to believe.

Only Nadal can really do it, I guess.

Please note that Federer would have 7235 points by then if he withdrew everywhere ((I consider that he does play Miami yet),
which means that the number of points Fed would need in case Nadal wins everything is only 2800 points=10090-7235

2800 points being nearly the maximum he can get if Nadal wins everything and Fed takes part in the tournaments he said (reaching the final in Miami, Roma, Madrid and RG and winning Estoril and Halle he would have 3500 points=600+600+250+600+1200+250),

the equation is quite simple : it all depends on Nadal winning everything imo

But if Nadal doesn't win in Miami, the situation will already be better

I hope I'm correct

Last edited by duong : 03-27-2010 at 11:04 AM.
duong is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 02:31 PM   #57
country flag wackykid

wackykid has a reputation beyond reputewackykid has a reputation beyond reputewackykid has a reputation beyond reputewackykid has a reputation beyond reputewackykid has a reputation beyond reputewackykid has a reputation beyond reputewackykid has a reputation beyond reputewackykid has a reputation beyond reputewackykid has a reputation beyond reputewackykid has a reputation beyond reputewackykid has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Excuse me. It's you who doesn't understand the countdown I am doing. Murray has far more potential points out there than Djokovic. He did not have a great clay season, and if he does well this year, he is by far the biggest threat.

No, he's not. Right now Murray has a 1200 point gap on Djokovic and Del Potro in potential points.
sorry but can you break down how you get all the points into the points from each tournament...? cos i still have no clue how u get those numbers... in particularly for djokovic..

regards,
wacky
wackykid is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 06:39 PM   #58
country flag Wolbo

Wolbo has a reputation beyond reputeWolbo has a reputation beyond reputeWolbo has a reputation beyond reputeWolbo has a reputation beyond reputeWolbo has a reputation beyond reputeWolbo has a reputation beyond reputeWolbo has a reputation beyond reputeWolbo has a reputation beyond reputeWolbo has a reputation beyond reputeWolbo has a reputation beyond reputeWolbo has a reputation beyond repute

According to my little spreadsheet Djokovic and Murray are now the first players who can pass Federer as no.1 and both can do so after Madrid. At this point Del Porto and Nadal can only pass him after RG. This all assumes Fed losing all his matches and the others winning all their matches.
Wolbo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 07:13 PM   #59
country flag duong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolbo View Post
According to my little spreadsheet Djokovic and Murray are now the first players who can pass Federer as no.1 and both can do so after Madrid. At this point Del Porto and Nadal can only pass him after RG. This all assumes Fed losing all his matches and the others winning all their matches.
I guess you suppose that Djokovic plays Houston or casablanca, because if not there's no way for him to catch Fed after Madrid in my calculation
Old 03-27-2010, 09:13 PM   #60
country flag Fed Express

Fed Express has a reputation beyond reputeFed Express has a reputation beyond reputeFed Express has a reputation beyond reputeFed Express has a reputation beyond reputeFed Express has a reputation beyond reputeFed Express has a reputation beyond reputeFed Express has a reputation beyond reputeFed Express has a reputation beyond reputeFed Express has a reputation beyond reputeFed Express has a reputation beyond reputeFed Express has a reputation beyond repute

Murray is out!

That is pretty good for Roger!
US Open - 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
Fed Express is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote