The most #1 record reached thread - Page 3 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 03-18-2010, 03:02 AM   #31
country flag wackykid

wackykid has a reputation beyond reputewackykid has a reputation beyond reputewackykid has a reputation beyond reputewackykid has a reputation beyond reputewackykid has a reputation beyond reputewackykid has a reputation beyond reputewackykid has a reputation beyond reputewackykid has a reputation beyond reputewackykid has a reputation beyond reputewackykid has a reputation beyond reputewackykid has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The countdown to most #1 record thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueSwan View Post
Well, Roger seems intent on actually making this race close. Lost to Baghdatis after having MP's in two different sets.
oh well but djokovic doesn't seems intent to follow's roger's tail and lost chances to close up...

i'll update this thread again after indian wells... didn't update this after dubai since it's pretty a non-event and doesn't change anything much as far as this thread is concerned... and plus i was pretty busy lately..

regards,
wacky
wackykid is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-18-2010, 03:36 AM   #32
country flag Michael Bluth

Michael Bluth has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Bluth has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Bluth has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Bluth has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Bluth has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Bluth has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Bluth has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Bluth has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Bluth has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Bluth has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Bluth has a reputation beyond repute

Djokovic blew it, this was his big chance to close the gap. He's now got finals in Miami, Monte Carlo and Rome to defend as well as the title in Belgrade.
Michael Bluth is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 12:27 PM   #33
country flag Sunset of Age
Anathemaniac

Sunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Bluth View Post
Djokovic blew it, this was his big chance to close the gap. He's now got finals in Miami, Monte Carlo and Rome to defend as well as the title in Belgrade.
Yep, it looks like Djoko is out of this race for a while at least. Can't say I'm much bothered about that.

Am I still here? As one, with The Fear?
Am I still alive? I'm still f*cking ... Here...!"

"The Storm Before The Calm"

Anathema

Into music of the PROG-Dorky-kind? visit my blog or MTF's Prog Rock Thread.
Sunset of Age is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 02:06 PM   #34
country flag SUKTUEN

SUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond repute

SUKTUEN is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 11:34 AM   #35
country flag ApproachShot

ApproachShot has a reputation beyond reputeApproachShot has a reputation beyond reputeApproachShot has a reputation beyond reputeApproachShot has a reputation beyond reputeApproachShot has a reputation beyond reputeApproachShot has a reputation beyond reputeApproachShot has a reputation beyond reputeApproachShot has a reputation beyond reputeApproachShot has a reputation beyond reputeApproachShot has a reputation beyond reputeApproachShot has a reputation beyond repute

With Djokovic's loss, Federer is now guaranteed 282 weeks at no. 1

This excellent spreadsheet created and maintained by sdont from Talk Tennis at Tennis Warehouse might be of interest.
ApproachShot is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 02:26 PM   #36
country flag SUKTUEN

SUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond repute

Old 03-19-2010, 02:29 PM   #37
country flag wackykid

wackykid has a reputation beyond reputewackykid has a reputation beyond reputewackykid has a reputation beyond reputewackykid has a reputation beyond reputewackykid has a reputation beyond reputewackykid has a reputation beyond reputewackykid has a reputation beyond reputewackykid has a reputation beyond reputewackykid has a reputation beyond reputewackykid has a reputation beyond reputewackykid has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: The countdown to most #1 record thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApproachShot View Post
With Djokovic's loss, Federer is now guaranteed 282 weeks at no. 1

This excellent spreadsheet created and maintained by sdont from Talk Tennis at Tennis Warehouse might be of interest.
wow.... that's better than the spreadsheet i'm maintaining..!! thanks for the find...!! i'll add the link into my first post later at the end of indian wells...

regards,
wacky
Old 03-19-2010, 03:57 PM   #38

ApproachShot has a reputation beyond reputeApproachShot has a reputation beyond reputeApproachShot has a reputation beyond reputeApproachShot has a reputation beyond reputeApproachShot has a reputation beyond reputeApproachShot has a reputation beyond reputeApproachShot has a reputation beyond reputeApproachShot has a reputation beyond reputeApproachShot has a reputation beyond reputeApproachShot has a reputation beyond reputeApproachShot has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by wackykid View Post
wow.... that's better than the spreadsheet i'm maintaining..!! thanks for the find...!! i'll add the link into my first post later at the end of indian wells...

regards,
wacky
No problem, wacky. I have compiled similar tables myself, so do let me know if you need any assistance with yours. You're doing a great job by the way!

I think the way that it is organised in the spreadsheet (effectively tabulated as race points to 14th June) is a useful way of thinking about the number of points his prime contenders must achieve in the upcoming tournaments if Federer is going to be surpassed in the rankings before week #287.
Old 03-20-2010, 09:49 PM   #39
country flag JediFed

JediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond repute

Well that significantly closes the gap.

Ljuba Truba takes down Nadal, and the Soderking destroyed Muezza.

Sunset of Age
She's MY Miss MTF
Sweet, Sassy, Sophisticated

"Love has nothing to do with what you're expecting to get, only what you're expecting to give - which is everything. What you receive in return varies, but that really has no connection with why you give. You give because you love and cannot help giving." - K. Hepburn.
JediFed is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 11:15 AM   #40
country flag wackykid

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApproachShot View Post
No problem, wacky. I have compiled similar tables myself, so do let me know if you need any assistance with yours. You're doing a great job by the way!
sure... and thanks...!!

i decided to update the thread before IW is over... now that nadal is out... it means that all the players that i've tracked are no longer in the tournament... effectively ending the tournament as far as this thread is concerned... now roger is confirmed #282 weeks at no.1...

regards.
wacky
Old 03-21-2010, 02:22 PM   #41
country flag SUKTUEN

that's OK, tomorrow is another day~~~~
Old 03-21-2010, 04:01 PM   #42
country flag Michael Bluth

Michael Bluth has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Bluth has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Bluth has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Bluth has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Bluth has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Bluth has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Bluth has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Bluth has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Bluth has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Bluth has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Bluth has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not sure about something: If Fed were to be number 1 at the start of Roland Garros, would the two weeks of Roland Garros count towards his total even if he lost the no.1 ranking after Roland Garros?

Fed is looking good for the record. Win Miami now please and make it all but inevitable!
Michael Bluth is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 04:13 PM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Bluth View Post
I'm not sure about something: If Fed were to be number 1 at the start of Roland Garros, would the two weeks of Roland Garros count towards his total even if he lost the no.1 ranking after Roland Garros?

Fed is looking good for the record. Win Miami now please and make it all but inevitable!

Yes. Federer will retain his 2000 points from winning Roland Garros last year until 6th June, when it will be replaced by the points he gets from this year's tournament.
Old 03-21-2010, 05:09 PM   #44
country flag JediFed

JediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond repute

The problem is that for the record he needs to retain his points. Taking RG out of the equation would put him only 1300 points down from clinching number one until RG. I believe that Murray is the only one who can still catch him before RG.

Sunset of Age
She's MY Miss MTF
Sweet, Sassy, Sophisticated

"Love has nothing to do with what you're expecting to get, only what you're expecting to give - which is everything. What you receive in return varies, but that really has no connection with why you give. You give because you love and cannot help giving." - K. Hepburn.
JediFed is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 05:43 PM   #45
country flag wackykid

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediFed View Post
The problem is that for the record he needs to retain his points. Taking RG out of the equation would put him only 1300 points down from clinching number one until RG. I believe that Murray is the only one who can still catch him before RG.
well at this point... i seriously don't see anybody being a threat to the record... not even djokovic or murray...

but we are talking based on what the numbers show... djokovic is the closest to catching roger currently... if u plan to exclude the ATP500s... then djokovic is even closer to catching compared to murray... since he already has more points in the ATP500 department than murray... and in theory only nadal will not overtake before RG... all the others in this thread could still overtake before RG (assuming JMDP and Davy last min could still join miami... if they doesn't then both won't overtake roger before RG)...

regards,
wacky