Void Rules - advice please - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 02-07-2010, 11:16 AM   #1
country flag Alistair

Alistair has a reputation beyond reputeAlistair has a reputation beyond reputeAlistair has a reputation beyond reputeAlistair has a reputation beyond reputeAlistair has a reputation beyond reputeAlistair has a reputation beyond reputeAlistair has a reputation beyond reputeAlistair has a reputation beyond reputeAlistair has a reputation beyond reputeAlistair has a reputation beyond reputeAlistair has a reputation beyond repute
Default Void Rules - advice please

Have you guys ever had an argument with your bookie over the voiding of an event? Here's what just happened...

There was a "Fantasy Match" market on A-League.

Sydney was 2.00, Draw was 3.25 and Brisbane was 2.50 or something.

The thing is... Brisbane has already played and lost 2-0 the night before, so basically, it was a bet on Sydney to score a goal @ odds of 2.00 in a game they were 1.70 favourites to win (and did win, 3-2).

I put my entire balance on the bet and it was accepted. Two hours later I got an e-mail saying that the bet had been voided as it had been placed after the event start time.

I have a screen shot of the initial bet with the start time clearly listed as 5:05pm, Sunday February 7, 2010 (the kick off time of the second game). I know bookies make their own rules, but technically speaking, they fucked up and should have honoured my bet.

Do you think I can win this battle?

I have spoken to my lawyer friend who seems to think we can take it further.

Has anyone here, or have you heard of anyone who has tried this before? It would help to know if there is precedence.

I wouldn't bother if it was $50, but it was almost $2k.

Click to view screen shot, clearly specifying closing time
Alistair is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-07-2010, 05:24 PM   #2
country flag ryan23

ryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Void Rules - advice please

So you put the bet on at 5.05 what time did the event start? or was this a live in-play bet?

Big Star/Alex Chilton R.I.P

The Stone Roses

Guns N' Roses
ryan23 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 07:48 PM   #3
country flag Alistair

Alistair has a reputation beyond reputeAlistair has a reputation beyond reputeAlistair has a reputation beyond reputeAlistair has a reputation beyond reputeAlistair has a reputation beyond reputeAlistair has a reputation beyond reputeAlistair has a reputation beyond reputeAlistair has a reputation beyond reputeAlistair has a reputation beyond reputeAlistair has a reputation beyond reputeAlistair has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan23 View Post
So you put the bet on at 5.05 what time did the event start? or was this a live in-play bet?
No, the bet was placed at approx. 1:30pm and was not live in play.

As I said, it was a "Fantasy Match" between Sydney and Brisbane. Brisbane had played the night before and lost 0-2, so it was essentially a bet on Sydney to score (which still carried risk, but was generously priced). My book had obviously been negligent, forgetting to remove the market once the Brisbane!game started on Saturday night.
Old 02-07-2010, 08:23 PM   #4
country flag Bolar Bolabi

Bolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond repute

Damn.

Sportingbet once had a soccer game in Brazil. The match was concluded, but they still had the market open. So I put a lot of money on that team to win 2-1, which is what they did.

I sat back to see if they honoured the bet and they did

Winner: Sydney
SF: Kooyong

Bolar Bolabi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 12:53 AM   #5
country flag ryan23

ryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alistair View Post
No, the bet was placed at approx. 1:30pm and was not live in play.

As I said, it was a "Fantasy Match" between Sydney and Brisbane. Brisbane had played the night before and lost 0-2, so it was essentially a bet on Sydney to score (which still carried risk, but was generously priced). My book had obviously been negligent, forgetting to remove the market once the Brisbane!game started on Saturday night.
Ah right i see now, i think some books would pay you out on that considering it was their fault for not removing it- you have obviously tried email//phoning them? if they still say they wont pay out i guess all you can do is tell them you will ber going elsewhere in the future for your bets- they may think twice then

Big Star/Alex Chilton R.I.P

The Stone Roses

Guns N' Roses
ryan23 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 08:19 AM   #6
bad gambler

You don't have a case

End of the day Centrebet is allowed to void all bets when the market is available in error. That market should have closed before the Brisbane game. This effectively becomes an abandoned book.
View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 10:49 AM   #7
country flag SwiSha

SwiSha has a reputation beyond reputeSwiSha has a reputation beyond reputeSwiSha has a reputation beyond reputeSwiSha has a reputation beyond reputeSwiSha has a reputation beyond reputeSwiSha has a reputation beyond reputeSwiSha has a reputation beyond reputeSwiSha has a reputation beyond reputeSwiSha has a reputation beyond reputeSwiSha has a reputation beyond reputeSwiSha has a reputation beyond repute

no chance...
SwiSha is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 12:16 AM   #8
country flag Alistair

FWIW, I submitted a formal claim to the state's Gaming Commission but they found in favour of the book. It's ridiculous. What other industry can you make a financial error and go back on it?

"Oh sorry - I didn't mean to buy 10 million Enron shares"

"Oops - sold my house for $500k instead of $5m, let me take it back!"

Anyway - I've moved on. Closed my account on the spot out of principle. It's a shame. I had been using them for the best part of five years and liked them, but damned if I'm going to continue playing with them.