Davis Cup 2010: Vamos Franciaaaaaa... - Page 3 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 02-20-2010, 01:14 PM   #31
country flag Keijan

Keijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Davis Cup 2010: France against Germany

Quote:
Les français ont pas le mental mais du talent
En France on a pas de pétrole mais on a des idées !
Keijan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-21-2010, 11:48 AM   #32
country flag krn81

krn81 has a reputation beyond reputekrn81 has a reputation beyond reputekrn81 has a reputation beyond reputekrn81 has a reputation beyond reputekrn81 has a reputation beyond reputekrn81 has a reputation beyond reputekrn81 has a reputation beyond reputekrn81 has a reputation beyond reputekrn81 has a reputation beyond reputekrn81 has a reputation beyond reputekrn81 has a reputation beyond repute

When the selection should be announced?

I see a difference with last year; some players were "on fire" and we saw (at least me ) them favourite. This year, it looks like our top players are not in the best shape, it could be a good opportunity for others players selected to get points for further selections, i am thinking to Benneteau for instance. He is good in doubles and not bad in singles, maybe the new Llodra for the dc team
Anyway if France loses in France, well at least i will not be there to see that
krn81 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 02:10 PM   #33
country flag Truc

Truc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by krn81 View Post
When the selection should be announced?
Tuesday at the latest.
Truc is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 11:46 AM   #34
country flag Princesssparkle

Princesssparkle has a reputation beyond reputePrincesssparkle has a reputation beyond reputePrincesssparkle has a reputation beyond reputePrincesssparkle has a reputation beyond reputePrincesssparkle has a reputation beyond reputePrincesssparkle has a reputation beyond reputePrincesssparkle has a reputation beyond reputePrincesssparkle has a reputation beyond reputePrincesssparkle has a reputation beyond reputePrincesssparkle has a reputation beyond reputePrincesssparkle has a reputation beyond repute

Someone asked on Gael's twitter what his next tournament is and he said Davis Cup
(www.twitter.com/monfilsgael)

I know it's expected but I know Marion will be very happy about it being official
Princesssparkle is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 11:05 PM   #35
country flag Keijan

Keijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond repute

And I am I just hope he doesn't blow it off like he did before, because Bennet is very close to take the number 2 spot
Old 02-23-2010, 06:54 AM   #36
country flag Truc

Truc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond repute

They say in L'Equipe that Forget will probably just take 4 players to Toulon. Jérémy is staying in the States, as expected. Richard obviously doesn't want to play. Gilles is clearly not ready. So according to the article Forget might just ask Clément or Serra to stay ready in case one of the 4 gets injured during the training week.
And Jo had complained in Marseille that the surface was too fast for him, but it won't be completely the same in Toulon, it will be more "like Bercy or Lyon" (Lyon looked faster to me than Bercy, but they changed it lately). Only the balls will be the same.
Old 02-23-2010, 07:17 AM   #37
country flag Puschkin

Puschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truc View Post
They say in L'Equipe that Forget will probably just take 4 players to Toulon. Jérémy is staying in the States, as expected. Richard obviously doesn't want to play. Gilles is clearly not ready. So according to the article Forget might just ask Clément or Serra to stay ready in case one of the 4 gets injured during the training week.
It is always the same with Forget. Sticking with the old guys instead of giving a youngster a chance to get to know the athmosphere.

BTW: Who will play for the Germans? Kohli, but who else?

~♠ Gasquetaires ♠~

un pour tous, tous pour un
‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
Puschkin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 07:29 AM   #38
country flag Truc

But which youngster do you want to give a chance in this case? All the other options in the top 100 are "oldies". He could take a real youngster like Rufin as a sparring-partner, they often do that in the German team, but since Gaël, Jo and Mika are all a bit injury prone, it would be risky.
It's not sure yet anyway that he will take only 4 guys, maybe he'll think about it again and nominate the 5th player today already.

There are no news about the German team, always the same situation - nobody expects Haas to play, but it's not official yet.
It should be Kohli, Mayer, Petzschner. My pick for the last spot would be Berrer, L'Equipe says Becker, but they might say that based on the rankings only.
Old 02-23-2010, 07:31 AM   #39
country flag silverwhite

silverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond repute

Don't know if any of the youngsters deserve a selection other than Chardy and even then, his form this year...
silverwhite is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 07:36 AM   #40
country flag Truc

Jérémy would have been a perfect 5th player, even in his terrible current form. It would have been good fo him to assert himself as a member of the team, to spend one week in Toulon training with the 4 others...
But I was expecting that when I read that his coach would join him in Delray Beach only, I thought that they were going to stay in the States.
Old 02-23-2010, 07:59 AM   #41
country flag Puschkin

Puschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Jérémy would have been a perfect 5th player, even in his terrible current form. It would have been good fo him to assert himself as a member of the team, to spend one week in Toulon training with the 4 others...
My thoughts exactly. But Forget's brain (?) works differently.

~♠ Gasquetaires ♠~

Old 02-23-2010, 08:18 AM   #42
country flag Truc

I'm pretty sure it's Jérémy's decision. Fontang, his coach, already said weeks ago that he would join Jérémy in the States during the week of Delray Beach only, they were obviously going to stay there to get ready for the US Masters 1000, he wasn't going there just for one week and back in Toulon and then IW again.
I don't think it's Forget's choice this time, he would be happy to have Richard or Jérémy on the team rather than Serra!

But I just read on Jim's forum that Fontang apparently changed his mind and isn't in the States like he was supposed to, he's still in France and will go there for IW only, so maybe there's a small chance to see Jérémy.
Old 02-23-2010, 08:29 AM   #43
country flag Puschkin

Quote:
I don't think it's Forget's choice this time, he would be happy to have Richard or Jérémy on the team rather than Serra!
Don't get me going about all his past mistakes to be in a situation like this.
Yep, I am unforgiving!

~♠ Gasquetaires ♠~

Old 02-23-2010, 08:36 AM   #44
country flag Keijan

Is there absolutely no chance to see Gilles ? If Jo or Gaël gets injured, there is still Bennet as a very acceptable singles players, and Mika just won Marseille, so it's not like Forget absolutely needs a 5th guy totally fit and ready to play the singles, more like just a sparring partner. It could benefit Gilles too, a week of "light" practice with his friends. Plus isn't he back in France after Dubai like last year ? And Gilles on one leg is still better than Clément on both

Okay I really just wanna see him
Old 02-23-2010, 09:08 AM   #45
country flag Puschkin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keijan View Post
And Gilles on one leg is still better than Clément on both
While this may be a slight exaggeration, I totally agree with you.

~♠ Gasquetaires ♠~