Davis Cup 2010: Vamos Franciaaaaaa... - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 02-18-2010, 12:55 PM   #16
country flag soulage

soulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Davis Cup 2010: France against Germany

Haas will stay in US i think i'm not sure he cares a lot of DC and i forgot Berrer the hard hitter, Florian Mayer was injured last week in Rotterdam but maybe it's not serious anyway the german players doesn't look on fire no Thiemo de Bakker this time . DC are special moment but it sounds good for france cos with no Haas at his best and the same for Kohli it looks more easy I think that Kohli Petzchner could give some troubles to Bennet/Llodra otherwise the french guys are the favorites even it remains tournaments next week.
soulage is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-18-2010, 02:36 PM   #17
country flag Keijan

Keijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond repute

But now that Haas has the double citizenship, won't he play for USA ?

It's pretty sure now that the two single players are Gael and Jo, but I'm wondering about the doubles. Surely Forget won't ask Jo to play three matches again. Who is there ? Richard is out of shape, Gilles recovering, Jérémy out of the loop... Bennet is doing well lately, and he's not too bad in doubles either. But I'm not sure about Llodra, he seems to suck quite majorly lately. Well ok, he beat Baghdatis, but everyone does...
Keijan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 03:30 PM   #18
country flag soulage

soulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keijan View Post
But now that Haas has the double citizenship, won't he play for USA ?

It's pretty sure now that the two single players are Gael and Jo, but I'm wondering about the doubles. Surely Forget won't ask Jo to play three matches again. Who is there ? Richard is out of shape, Gilles recovering, Jérémy out of the loop... Bennet is doing well lately, and he's not too bad in doubles either. But I'm not sure about Llodra, he seems to suck quite majorly lately. Well ok, he beat Baghdatis, but everyone does...
Llodra is sure for the doubles i think it's clear in Forget mind. The fourth players must be a player who can play doubles and singles which suits to Bennet lately. I would be really surprised if they were not selected.
Old 02-18-2010, 04:26 PM   #19
country flag Truc

Truc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond repute

Mika himself would be shocked, he pretty much admitted yesterday that unlike the others, he has no pressure in Marseille because he doesn't need to earn his DC spot.

As for Haas, I don't think that his new double citizenship is the problem - if he wants to play for the USA at some point in the future, I guess he has to stop playing for Germany now indeed, but he's just not interested imo. Last time he played was in 2007 and then he said he wouldn't play DC anymore. Now he claims that he's thinking about it again (and that he would play for Germany), but well... He still hasn't made up his mind, so his commitment to DC is a bit doubtful, to say the least.
It's too bad, they would have a very decent A-squad with Kohli who always does well in DC and Petzsche in doubles.
Truc is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 04:38 PM   #20
country flag Keijan

Keijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Mika himself would be shocked, he pretty much admitted yesterday that unlike the others, he has no pressure in Marseille because he doesn't need to earn his DC spot.
Sans blague, il a dit ça ? changez le capitaine !

Kohli is the one I fear most. His backhand is something and when he's at it, he can beat Jo or Gael in a so-so day. I'm actually more worried about him than about Haas. Petzche shouldn't be any problem in singles -unless he pulls out a De Bakker surprise-kit.

Fran, you're our secret agent in the German team, keep your ears open

(About Kohli, I remember a big talk that I heard about when I was in Berlin 3 years ago, he had refused to play for his country or had tanked a DC match or something like that, and like the whole country was booing him, Kiefer being the first. But I was reading about that in the newspapers and as my German is very hesitant But the impression I had was that basically Kohli is as doomed as Richie in DC. Do you remember something like that ?)

Last edited by Keijan : 02-18-2010 at 04:59 PM.
Old 02-18-2010, 08:30 PM   #21
country flag Truc

Truc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Sans blague, il a dit ça ?
Ben plus ou moins, oui. Voilà ce qu'il y a dans l'Equipe aujourd'hui, mais je l'ai vu aussi ailleurs, je sais plus où:
Offensif au possible hier, Llodra estime ne pas entrer dans les plans de Guy Forget en simple mais être toujours considéré par son capitaine comme un membre de son équipe à part entière, ce qui le libère de la pression du résultat : « Je ne suis pas venu à Marseille en me disant que j’avais des points à marquer pour la sélection. »

As for Kohli, he has a good Davis Cup record, I really don't remember him tanking - maybe you mean the story about the money in DC?
I don't know how it works in the French DC team, but in Germany all the team members used to get the same amount of money, no matter if they played just one doubles match or 3 matches.
When Kohli became the team number 1, he said that he wanted more money than the others since he was playing every day. So there were a few stories about that and what a bad teammate he is, etc.
http://www.tagesspiegel.de/sport/art272,2492990
Or maybe it was another story outside of DC? There are quite a few, Kohli is not flawless, he's not very popular. But he's improving imo.
Truc is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 01:35 PM   #22
country flag soulage

I didn't know this from Kohli as i don't follow him and also cos my deutsch is quite poor lol I don't remember money problem in DC team but we've already our own drama every year

Keijan won't be happy Llodra is beating Soderling so his selection won't suffer any contestation especially now he has big chances to reach final and the same for doubles.
Old 02-19-2010, 01:53 PM   #23
country flag Puschkin

Puschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by soulage View Post
Keijan won't be happy Llodra is beating Soderling so his selection won't suffer any contestation especially now he has big chances to reach final and the same for doubles.
But I am. Yep, Llodra and Benneteau for DC!

~♠ Gasquetaires ♠~

un pour tous, tous pour un
‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
Puschkin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 06:32 PM   #24
country flag soulage

If Gael doesn't show good things in DC training and considering his fail in netherlands, Forget could put Bennet or Llodra in single that's why i was thinking about after watching Gael today. Gael made the right choice about Acapulco but is it enough ? I'm not so sure about the two guys who will start on friday
Old 02-20-2010, 09:36 AM   #25
country flag Keijan

Quote:
But I was prepared for it Even if Llodra plays on one leg and with 40° of fever, Guy-Guy will still select him. The question is about the 5th man I think, I'm thinking ever Gilles (but recovering), or Richie (but other continent), or a "young" guy so he can have his baptem like Forget likes to do, maybe Ouanna since he had good results lately. Or Gicquel (nooooo )

But what I'm really hoping for is either Gilles or Richard, to have a possibility of taking pics with at least 3 of my 4 favs players, and that is very selfish, I'm aware of it

Quote:
As for Kohli, he has a good Davis Cup record, I really don't remember him tanking - maybe you mean the story about the money in DC?
Yeah I'm not sure, I think it was about DC as the papers I read were pretty violent, and "Kiwi"'s comments weren't very nice, but maybe not after all. Kohli isn't very liked over there anyway. That might mean bad getting-along in the german team Thanks for the insight !

(Kiefer est dans les choux au classement de toute façon, non ? Ca fait des siècles que je ne l'ai pas vu jouer, il devient quoi ?)

About Gaël, if he canceled Acapulco for DC and everyone says he's a titular (cf Gilles) and he doesn't get picked in the end, that will be a big drama. He might not accept the selection again :/ he absolutely needs to play -and win- at least one point. If he loses his match,

Last edited by Keijan : 02-20-2010 at 09:55 AM.
Old 02-20-2010, 10:03 AM   #26
country flag Bashak

Bashak has a reputation beyond reputeBashak has a reputation beyond reputeBashak has a reputation beyond reputeBashak has a reputation beyond reputeBashak has a reputation beyond reputeBashak has a reputation beyond reputeBashak has a reputation beyond reputeBashak has a reputation beyond reputeBashak has a reputation beyond reputeBashak has a reputation beyond reputeBashak has a reputation beyond repute

Wow, I don't know how I got unsubscribed from this thread???
Anyways, I read everything now. Germany... Not a bad draw for the frenchies but tough luck for me since I like Kohlschriber & co. I will probably end up supporting the french squad anyways because of Jo and Llodra. I really don't think Simon should play this for his own sake because he does not seem to be completely recovered from injuries and he lost in Marseille. If he faces another loss in Davis Cup, he would be devastated. He was crushed when he lost last year and couldn't recover mentally. And at the time, I don't think he had injury issues. The second singles player other than Jo could be Monfils of Gasquet since they are equally unpredictable at the moment. Benneteau-Llodra for the double?

Suicide Tennis Winner: Doha 2010, Basel 2009 FITD Winner: Auckland 2012, Nice 2010, London WTF 2009, Tokyo 2009, Roland Garros 2009, Paris 2008, Basel 2008 TT Finalist: Nottingham 2009, Savannah 2009, Marrakech 2011. TT Doubles Winner: Sarasota 2011 (w/ coasterman9 TT Doubles Finalist: Bergamo 2011 (w/ leoneo), Fergana 2009 (w/ catatonia) DTT Doubles Winner: Miami 2011 (w/Abollo)
Bashak is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 10:07 AM   #27
country flag Keijan

I'm annoyed about never knowing who is where as far as the rankings of the Frenchies are concerned, so here we are, top 100 :

9 Tsonga, Jo-Wilfried (FRA) 2,985
13 Monfils, Gael (FRA) 2,430
16 Simon, Gilles (FRA) 1,880
39 Benneteau, Julien (FRA) 1,004
41 Chardy, Jeremy (FRA) 950
42 Mathieu, Paul-Henri (FRA) 940
54 Gasquet, Richard (FRA) 810
59 Serra, Florent (FRA) 745
61 Gicquel, Marc (FRA) 724
62 Clement, Arnaud (FRA) 724
65 Robert, Stephane (FRA) 666
79 Llodra, Michael (FRA) 617
85 Santoro, Fabrice (FRA) 565

Funny how we always forget about PHM... I haven't seen him around lately, is he injured, what's up ? He has an even worse DC history than Richard (that Youzhny match ) but based on rankings he could be in the 5, he's just 10 points short from Chardy

(Even Stéphane Robert is better ranked than Mika how are Gicquel, Serra & co living this ?)

As a comparaison, the German rankings, even if it doesn't mean much :

18 Haas, Tommy (GER) 1,830
28 Kohlschreiber, Philipp (GER) 1,305
40 Becker, Benjamin (GER) 961
43 Beck, Andreas (GER) 930
51 Mayer, Florian (GER) 821
56 Berrer, Michael (GER) 783
60 Greul, Simon (GER) 729
70 Petzschner, Philipp (GER) 657
89 Schuettler, Rainer (GER) 560
92 Zverev, Mischa (GER) 549
96 Brands, Daniel (GER) 540

Kiefer is 111
Old 02-20-2010, 10:43 AM   #28
country flag soulage

PHM is injured he will come back in IW, Gicquel is injured he should come back on clay, Ouanna had a leg problem this week in Marseille and i don't see him in DC before a long time or never Richard is in south-america and hasn't won a match since Sydney. Jeremy is injured and not in his tennis lately. The ranking doesn't give all the anwsers there is the fit of the moment and on indoors some players are better than others with better ranking and there is also the question of the doubles and I think that Gicquel and Serra know that they are not option for DC.
Old 02-20-2010, 10:55 AM   #29
country flag Keijan

Quote:
i don't see him in DC before a long time or never
How mean What about Gael's dream of the black team ?

Quote:
The ranking doesn't give all the anwsers
Of course it doesn't, I just find it interesting to see where everyone is. For example I had *totally* forgotten about PHM and I had no idea Mika was so bad-ranked (I thought he was top 40). It's like the H2H, it doesn't help at all for the future matches but it's interesting to put things in perspective.

Quelle équipe de bras cassés on a quand même. Le plus grand vivier de joueurs du top 100 mais aussi l'un des plus faibles.
Old 02-20-2010, 11:39 AM   #30
country flag soulage

Quote:
How mean What about Gael's dream of the black team ? .
I'm sorry i'm not the biggest fan of Ouanna i'm find him so boring on court and off court but i wish him the best. Mika is not reliable in singles and too often injured but sometimes in indoors he's really great not very often like said Soderling yerderday but it happens and for the moment is selected for doubles where he has been the better french player since ages. The doubles has been is ticket since ten years now.
Quote:
Quelle équipe de bras cassés on a quand même. Le plus grand vivier de joueurs du top 100 mais aussi l'un des plus faibles.
Les français ont pas le mental mais du talent A loss vs Germany would be really poor but i think french should win that.