The most #1 record reached thread - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 02-03-2010, 08:25 PM   #16
country flag duong

duong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The countdown to most #1 record thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by wackykid View Post
I have updated the format of the thread a bit, and listed all events and dates for the ATP250 and better events listed on ATP site.

Noted, for Nadal, i think at most it will affect is the amount of points after Rotterdam, but i am assuming he could play Memphis and win, that will replace back Davis Cup points. As for Davydenko, i am assuming BEST CASE so it'll mean that he wins Monte-Carlo so Beijing points doesn't matter. Same goes for Djokovic, since it's BEST CASE assumption it means he wins Dubai and Monte-Carlo, so winning Rotterdam doesn't change anything.

Noted. With the updated notes in the post, I'll assume that players can change tournaments they want to join anytime to create the "BEST CASE" scenario for my projections. Since anything less than the "BEST CASE" means it'll be easier for Roger to maintain at #1. As each tournament completes, I'll then update the points according to what the players participated in and we can see when we can actually 100% GUARANTEE Roger will reach #287 weeks.
Well, I would have preferred to consider the tournaments they will actually play :
for instance we KNOW that Nadal will not play in february, then I don't understand why we would consider that he might play Memphis.

Until Miami we know the official entry-lists, and only a wild-card might change the tournaments they would take part
... and I don't think that these top-players will change their schedule in february.

After Miami, there's nothing certain, then you could consider the best you want

As for Davydenko (and also Nadal), I was not speaking about the "best-case (for them, not for Roger ) calculation table" (in that case, yes, Davydenko will surely not have to use Beijing),
but rather about the table "dropping-off last year's points" (which is the "worst case" for each of them individually).

Congratulations for your thread anyway

Quote:
Originally Posted by wackykid View Post
If anyone can provide some easy way to prove that the rest of the field MATHEMATICALLY WILL NOT catch up, therefore complete the proof to make the "GUARANTEE", I will update it into my post.
I've made the "dropping-off" points calculation for the top-24 then I can guarantee : they are all behind Nadal and unless they win Indian Wells and Miami, Roger can feel safe

Last edited by duong : 02-03-2010 at 08:34 PM.
duong is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-03-2010, 09:14 PM   #17
country flag Michael Bluth

Michael Bluth has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Bluth has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Bluth has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Bluth has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Bluth has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Bluth has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Bluth has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Bluth has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Bluth has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Bluth has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Bluth has a reputation beyond repute

A huge boost for Roger would be to win a Masters Shield. It would guarantee his ranking until Roland Garros. And of course it would tie Agassi for the all-time MS record.
Michael Bluth is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 01:51 AM   #18
country flag JediFed

JediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond repute

well, it's 7500 points, including Rotterdam.

After Rotterdam it will be max 7000 points, and number 50 is around 800 points or so.

Roger's got about a 600 point gap before he starts eliminating the 800 point ranked players or so. Players who can't get into the MS series, are already eliminated from contention.

Sunset of Age
She's MY Miss MTF
Sweet, Sassy, Sophisticated

"Love has nothing to do with what you're expecting to get, only what you're expecting to give - which is everything. What you receive in return varies, but that really has no connection with why you give. You give because you love and cannot help giving." - K. Hepburn.
JediFed is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 04:16 AM   #19
country flag wackykid

wackykid has a reputation beyond reputewackykid has a reputation beyond reputewackykid has a reputation beyond reputewackykid has a reputation beyond reputewackykid has a reputation beyond reputewackykid has a reputation beyond reputewackykid has a reputation beyond reputewackykid has a reputation beyond reputewackykid has a reputation beyond reputewackykid has a reputation beyond reputewackykid has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediFed View Post
well, it's 7500 points, including Rotterdam.

After Rotterdam it will be max 7000 points, and number 50 is around 800 points or so.

Roger's got about a 600 point gap before he starts eliminating the 800 point ranked players or so. Players who can't get into the MS series, are already eliminated from contention.
actually how u calculate max 7000 points minus Rotterdam? did you exclude french open? i'd calculate it to be:
French Open 2000
Indian Wells, Miami, Rome, Madrid 4000
Monte-Carlo + Memphis + Dubai + Barcelona 2500
2 x ATP 250 = 500

Total of 9000 points for grabs, excluding Rotterdam...

anyway have made updates to the thread... in summay:

15-Feb updates:
1) Del Potro is ruled out all the way to Dubai, so i have removed his points from that period. But in theory he could still replace the tournaments missed with Casablanca/Houston, Barcelona and Munich/Serbia/Estoril...
2) Memphis is going to start and nadal looks like going to miss it... so points will be taken away from Nadal...
3) Both Djokovic and Davydenko lost in the semis of Rotterdam... hence neither of them adds on any additional points
4) Murray and Nadal misses Rotterdam and drops 500 and 300 points respectively... hence Nadal overtakes and become no.3...

regards,
wacky

Last edited by wackykid : 02-15-2010 at 04:35 AM.
wackykid is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 04:44 PM   #20
country flag Massimoexp

Massimoexp has a reputation beyond reputeMassimoexp has a reputation beyond reputeMassimoexp has a reputation beyond reputeMassimoexp has a reputation beyond reputeMassimoexp has a reputation beyond reputeMassimoexp has a reputation beyond reputeMassimoexp has a reputation beyond reputeMassimoexp has a reputation beyond reputeMassimoexp has a reputation beyond reputeMassimoexp has a reputation beyond reputeMassimoexp has a reputation beyond repute

i didn't understand why Roger is playing the estoril tournament....it won't affect the ranking points too much....
Massimoexp is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 06:49 PM   #21
country flag yesyesok

yesyesok has a reputation beyond reputeyesyesok has a reputation beyond reputeyesyesok has a reputation beyond reputeyesyesok has a reputation beyond reputeyesyesok has a reputation beyond reputeyesyesok has a reputation beyond reputeyesyesok has a reputation beyond reputeyesyesok has a reputation beyond reputeyesyesok has a reputation beyond reputeyesyesok has a reputation beyond reputeyesyesok has a reputation beyond repute

It says Nadal is counting 0 from Rotterdam over his DC. This suggest to me it is a points penalty and he can't replace it.
Of this I am pretty sure.
yesyesok is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 08:49 PM   #22
country flag JediFed

JediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond repute

RG, 2000

MC, IW, KB, Rome, Madrid = 5000

Those are the tournaments that everyone is going to play.

Dubai, and Barca, won't likely have the full contingent, and I won't include those until they come around.

All the other MM tournaments don't have the fields to really have an impact.

Sunset of Age
She's MY Miss MTF

"Love has nothing to do with what you're expecting to get, only what you're expecting to give - which is everything. What you receive in return varies, but that really has no connection with why you give. You give because you love and cannot help giving." - K. Hepburn.
Old 02-20-2010, 06:29 AM   #23
country flag BlueSwan

BlueSwan has a reputation beyond reputeBlueSwan has a reputation beyond reputeBlueSwan has a reputation beyond reputeBlueSwan has a reputation beyond reputeBlueSwan has a reputation beyond reputeBlueSwan has a reputation beyond reputeBlueSwan has a reputation beyond reputeBlueSwan has a reputation beyond reputeBlueSwan has a reputation beyond reputeBlueSwan has a reputation beyond reputeBlueSwan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Massimoexp View Post
i didn't understand why Roger is playing the estoril tournament....it won't affect the ranking points too much....
I don't get it either, he usually does well at Monte Carlo and that's a GREAT tournament.
Old 02-20-2010, 07:20 AM   #24
country flag solowyn
Banned!

solowyn has a reputation beyond reputesolowyn has a reputation beyond reputesolowyn has a reputation beyond reputesolowyn has a reputation beyond reputesolowyn has a reputation beyond reputesolowyn has a reputation beyond reputesolowyn has a reputation beyond reputesolowyn has a reputation beyond reputesolowyn has a reputation beyond reputesolowyn has a reputation beyond reputesolowyn has a reputation beyond repute

Well he did say he wanted to make his required 250 and 500 tournaments this year.
solowyn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 01:48 PM   #25
country flag SUKTUEN

SUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond repute

but he said he will play in Dubai ~right?
SUKTUEN is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 09:01 AM   #26
country flag wackykid

wackykid has a reputation beyond reputewackykid has a reputation beyond reputewackykid has a reputation beyond reputewackykid has a reputation beyond reputewackykid has a reputation beyond reputewackykid has a reputation beyond reputewackykid has a reputation beyond reputewackykid has a reputation beyond reputewackykid has a reputation beyond reputewackykid has a reputation beyond reputewackykid has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by hass300 View Post
Well he did say he wanted to make his required 250 and 500 tournaments this year.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SUKTUEN View Post
but he said he will play in Dubai ~right?
well somehow i have feeling he will end up NOT meeting required 250 and 500 again... his main focus will be the slams and unless he is remarkably healthy the whole year everyday... i think if he is not 100%... he'd likely to skip some more tournaments so as not to risk having to miss the slams...

well as for Dubai... i don't think he had intended to skip it... lung infection can be pretty serious and even if it's the slams he'd probably have to miss it...

regards,
wacky
wackykid is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 12:57 PM   #27
country flag SUKTUEN

SUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond repute

GOD Please Bless Roger get well soon!!!!

Take care Roger!!
SUKTUEN is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 06:29 PM   #28
country flag BlueSwan

BlueSwan has a reputation beyond reputeBlueSwan has a reputation beyond reputeBlueSwan has a reputation beyond reputeBlueSwan has a reputation beyond reputeBlueSwan has a reputation beyond reputeBlueSwan has a reputation beyond reputeBlueSwan has a reputation beyond reputeBlueSwan has a reputation beyond reputeBlueSwan has a reputation beyond reputeBlueSwan has a reputation beyond reputeBlueSwan has a reputation beyond repute

Tipsy helping Roger out today by ousting Murray. Djoker not too convincing either, but he's still in.
Old 02-24-2010, 07:13 PM   #29
country flag JediFed

Gap between Murray maximum and Fed minimum now 4180.

Sunset of Age
She's MY Miss MTF

Old 03-17-2010, 06:25 AM   #30
country flag BlueSwan

Well, Roger seems intent on actually making this race close. Lost to Baghdatis after having MP's in two different sets.