Do you Actually Win Anything - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-30-2010, 07:11 PM   #16
country flag KaiserT
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

KaiserT has a reputation beyond reputeKaiserT has a reputation beyond reputeKaiserT has a reputation beyond reputeKaiserT has a reputation beyond reputeKaiserT has a reputation beyond reputeKaiserT has a reputation beyond reputeKaiserT has a reputation beyond reputeKaiserT has a reputation beyond reputeKaiserT has a reputation beyond reputeKaiserT has a reputation beyond reputeKaiserT has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Do you Actually Win Anything

For the last 18 months I've made a good living betting on tennis

So it can be done
KaiserT is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-31-2010, 12:22 AM   #17
country flag delboy

delboy has a reputation beyond reputedelboy has a reputation beyond reputedelboy has a reputation beyond reputedelboy has a reputation beyond reputedelboy has a reputation beyond reputedelboy has a reputation beyond reputedelboy has a reputation beyond reputedelboy has a reputation beyond reputedelboy has a reputation beyond reputedelboy has a reputation beyond reputedelboy has a reputation beyond repute

yeah discipline is the thing. i had never done a bet in my life but went from 500ish pounds to 17k in less than 6 months..then i bet massive on stupid shit i didnt even watch and ended up losing it all...5k on a womans darts final...5k on murphy tb ding..both lost and a few others when nothing came in. this was a few years ago and it is depressing to know how much i could of had if i wasnt an idiot...i know when to quit and have quit apart from the odd small bet at the wkend but it is gutting to know what i once had and not being able to get over it
delboy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 12:52 AM   #18
country flag pablo2k1

pablo2k1 has a reputation beyond reputepablo2k1 has a reputation beyond reputepablo2k1 has a reputation beyond reputepablo2k1 has a reputation beyond reputepablo2k1 has a reputation beyond reputepablo2k1 has a reputation beyond reputepablo2k1 has a reputation beyond reputepablo2k1 has a reputation beyond reputepablo2k1 has a reputation beyond reputepablo2k1 has a reputation beyond reputepablo2k1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilbo View Post
obviously when you go all in but following the sport daily is the base imo. talking about the money system is another question
Good summary mate
pablo2k1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 02:30 PM   #19
country flag shmeeko69

shmeeko69 has a reputation beyond reputeshmeeko69 has a reputation beyond reputeshmeeko69 has a reputation beyond reputeshmeeko69 has a reputation beyond reputeshmeeko69 has a reputation beyond reputeshmeeko69 has a reputation beyond reputeshmeeko69 has a reputation beyond reputeshmeeko69 has a reputation beyond reputeshmeeko69 has a reputation beyond reputeshmeeko69 has a reputation beyond reputeshmeeko69 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by delboy View Post
yeah discipline is the thing. i had never done a bet in my life but went from 500ish pounds to 17k in less than 6 months..then i bet massive on stupid shit i didnt even watch and ended up losing it all...5k on a womans darts final...5k on murphy tb ding..both lost and a few others when nothing came in. this was a few years ago and it is depressing to know how much i could of had if i wasnt an idiot...i know when to quit and have quit apart from the odd small bet at the wkend but it is gutting to know what i once had and not being able to get over it
Hi Delboy - If you went from .5k to £17k in six months, then should have have continued
to follow the methods that got you that incredible amount. I know it's boring but if you
don't have financial discipline, then it's inevitable that you will lose money in the long run.

Think about it, if you could have compounded that £17k & done the same things at the beginning,
then would be getting into the serious amounts of money - approximately £650k.

Unfortunately money does things to people that you can't describe, but without a strict system
in place, then the market will rear it's ugly head & empty your wallet.

Mark

Betting Reviews

Racing Winners
shmeeko69 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 07:35 PM   #20
country flag Mistaflava

Mistaflava has a reputation beyond reputeMistaflava has a reputation beyond reputeMistaflava has a reputation beyond reputeMistaflava has a reputation beyond reputeMistaflava has a reputation beyond reputeMistaflava has a reputation beyond reputeMistaflava has a reputation beyond reputeMistaflava has a reputation beyond reputeMistaflava has a reputation beyond reputeMistaflava has a reputation beyond reputeMistaflava has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmeeko69 View Post
You can be the biggest expert in your field, but if you don't
have discipline, then you will not produce a long term profit - FACT.

Mark

grow some balls
Mistaflava is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 02:21 AM   #21
country flag nastoff
LIFETIME MUG

nastoff has a reputation beyond reputenastoff has a reputation beyond reputenastoff has a reputation beyond reputenastoff has a reputation beyond reputenastoff has a reputation beyond reputenastoff has a reputation beyond reputenastoff has a reputation beyond reputenastoff has a reputation beyond reputenastoff has a reputation beyond reputenastoff has a reputation beyond reputenastoff has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iván View Post
if you can nail one really big pay out a year then you can bt the bookies.

trust

give you more scope to work with.
true, just try to fix a match and then play with the spoils.
No, gambling is an addiction and does not pay, if it was so easy to maintain your discipline punters would make money and not the bookies.

You can be the best tipster in the world, have 10 fantastic calls in a row, just one bad call will ruin everything.
nastoff is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 02:37 AM   #22
country flag ryan23

ryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond repute

I understand you need diciplince- offcourse you do in many areas of life- but were all adults and have the intelligence to know what you can and cannot afford to bet

If i couldnt afford to do it i wouldnt- if i felt my gambling was costing me to much or i was going without things in life i would stop, its all good fun

Big Star/Alex Chilton R.I.P

The Stone Roses

Guns N' Roses
ryan23 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 04:36 AM   #23
country flag KaiserT
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

KaiserT has a reputation beyond reputeKaiserT has a reputation beyond reputeKaiserT has a reputation beyond reputeKaiserT has a reputation beyond reputeKaiserT has a reputation beyond reputeKaiserT has a reputation beyond reputeKaiserT has a reputation beyond reputeKaiserT has a reputation beyond reputeKaiserT has a reputation beyond reputeKaiserT has a reputation beyond reputeKaiserT has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by nastoff View Post
true, just try to fix a match and then play with the spoils.
No, gambling is an addiction and does not pay, if it was so easy to maintain your discipline punters would make money and not the bookies.

You can be the best tipster in the world, have 10 fantastic calls in a row, just one bad call will ruin everything.

That's if you overstake.

If you are knowledgeable about tennis, players, odds, do research, and have a natural affinity for betting then putting it in a framework of sensible staking means you can profit long-term.

10k bank (for example)

bets between 1-6% of bank.

If you are good, and don't start chasing then you can win long term.

It is not in doubt.
Old 02-05-2010, 03:38 PM   #24
country flag ryan23

ryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond repute

Yes i dont see how one bad call can ruin everything, a losing streak then sure, but if you have dicipline then you can afford to lose bets, nobody can win 90-100 percent of the time on each bet

Big Star/Alex Chilton R.I.P

The Stone Roses

Guns N' Roses
ryan23 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 01:12 AM   #25
country flag Doggie Dude

Doggie Dude has a reputation beyond reputeDoggie Dude has a reputation beyond reputeDoggie Dude has a reputation beyond reputeDoggie Dude has a reputation beyond reputeDoggie Dude has a reputation beyond reputeDoggie Dude has a reputation beyond reputeDoggie Dude has a reputation beyond reputeDoggie Dude has a reputation beyond reputeDoggie Dude has a reputation beyond reputeDoggie Dude has a reputation beyond reputeDoggie Dude has a reputation beyond repute

I've won a bit but my sportsbetting is still in it's infancy. I have now cracked tennis betting having made a small profit over the past year.

If you have a system which finds value in the bets and you can manage money then you have given yourself a chance.

If you just look at a tiny bit of form like my team won last week so they should win again or I'll have a fiver on the favourite then you are doomed to failure.

I mean the bookies have been doing this for years it's gotta be tough to beat them right?

If I didn't win I would quit straight away no way I would go to work and hand my hard won cash to a bookie!
Doggie Dude is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 02:18 AM   #26
country flag Ibracadabra

Ibracadabra has a reputation beyond reputeIbracadabra has a reputation beyond reputeIbracadabra has a reputation beyond reputeIbracadabra has a reputation beyond reputeIbracadabra has a reputation beyond reputeIbracadabra has a reputation beyond reputeIbracadabra has a reputation beyond reputeIbracadabra has a reputation beyond reputeIbracadabra has a reputation beyond reputeIbracadabra has a reputation beyond reputeIbracadabra has a reputation beyond repute

Big wins shadow the loses during the week month. Sometimes i dont even like looking at my cashflow
Ibracadabra is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 03:33 PM   #27
country flag its.like.that
Banned!

its.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond repute

To the victor, belongs the spoils..
its.like.that is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 02:01 AM   #28
country flag gusavo

gusavo has a reputation beyond reputegusavo has a reputation beyond reputegusavo has a reputation beyond reputegusavo has a reputation beyond reputegusavo has a reputation beyond reputegusavo has a reputation beyond reputegusavo has a reputation beyond reputegusavo has a reputation beyond reputegusavo has a reputation beyond reputegusavo has a reputation beyond reputegusavo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doggie Dude View Post
If you have a system which finds value in the bets and you can manage money then you have given yourself a chance.
what system would that be

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmeeko69 View Post
Think about it, if you could have compounded that £17k & done the same things at the beginning,
then would be getting into the serious amounts of money - approximately £650k.
loll
and theres zero chance he was ever profitable
gusavo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 10:49 AM   #29
country flag Chris-swede

Chris-swede has a reputation beyond reputeChris-swede has a reputation beyond reputeChris-swede has a reputation beyond reputeChris-swede has a reputation beyond reputeChris-swede has a reputation beyond reputeChris-swede has a reputation beyond reputeChris-swede has a reputation beyond reputeChris-swede has a reputation beyond reputeChris-swede has a reputation beyond reputeChris-swede has a reputation beyond reputeChris-swede has a reputation beyond repute

in real you will lose ever!!! Only small chances to win anything over long periods...i am doing a lot in sports..and overall i lose...

Joachim Johansson * Andreas Vinciguerra* Jonas Björkman* ToJo* Robin Söderling* Oliver Rochus* Christope Rochus* Jarkko Nieminen* Fernando Gonzalez* Feliciano Lopez*Igor Andreev*Catalin Gard*Kristof Vliegen*Kristian Pless*Kenneth Carlsen*Juan Ignacio Chela*Steve Darcis*Kevin Anderson*Henri Kontinen*Henri Laaksonen*Daniel Berta*Rik de Voest*Niels Desein*Fernando Verdasco*Arthur de Greef*'David Goffin*Yannik Reuter*Erling Tveit*Devin Britton*Micke Kontinen*Christian Lindell*Erling Tveit*Robbye Poole*Henri Laaksonen*
Chris-swede is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 05:39 AM   #30
country flag KaiserT
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris-swede View Post
in real you will lose ever!!! Only small chances to win anything over long periods...i am doing a lot in sports..and overall i lose...
You must be crap then.