2010 Photo Thread: Because Love, Beauty and Bespoke Tailoring will save the world!! - Page 10 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 02-01-2010, 09:07 PM   #136
country flag maryb

maryb has a reputation beyond reputemaryb has a reputation beyond reputemaryb has a reputation beyond reputemaryb has a reputation beyond reputemaryb has a reputation beyond reputemaryb has a reputation beyond reputemaryb has a reputation beyond reputemaryb has a reputation beyond reputemaryb has a reputation beyond reputemaryb has a reputation beyond reputemaryb has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2010 Photo Thread: Because Love, Beauty and Bespoke Tailoring will save the world

That's the Big Yin's kitchen?!? Ye Gods! Has he ever used it, more to the point? It's pristine! LMAO. Where are the grease marks and flour spills? He obviously ain't into cooking in a big way. Probably just puts the kettle on for a cuppa.

Made me laugh that he has a telescope. I've got one too. I used it to watch the birds in the garden (feathered variety) and out hillwalking ... and then couldn't help but zoom in on a neighbour's kitchen for a nosey ... What is it about kitchens? He was probably inspecting his neighbour's Bosch dishwasher.

And as for Helmut's photobook ... Do I have to say it again ... where's the penguin pics ...

FG

PS Only just recovering from yesterday's final. Sad for Andy ... and delighted for Maestro. I was never going to be happy with the outcome of this match ...
maryb is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-02-2010, 12:43 AM   #137
country flag tmiller

tmiller has a reputation beyond reputetmiller has a reputation beyond reputetmiller has a reputation beyond reputetmiller has a reputation beyond reputetmiller has a reputation beyond reputetmiller has a reputation beyond reputetmiller has a reputation beyond reputetmiller has a reputation beyond reputetmiller has a reputation beyond reputetmiller has a reputation beyond reputetmiller has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2010 Photo Thread: Because Love, Beauty and Bespoke Tailoring will save the world

hello there.
found some photos..i believe they haven't been posted yet

source: http://president.tatar.ru/eng/photo/show/7707

Last edited by tmiller : 02-02-2010 at 01:09 PM.
tmiller is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 12:46 AM   #138
country flag tmiller

tmiller has a reputation beyond reputetmiller has a reputation beyond reputetmiller has a reputation beyond reputetmiller has a reputation beyond reputetmiller has a reputation beyond reputetmiller has a reputation beyond reputetmiller has a reputation beyond reputetmiller has a reputation beyond reputetmiller has a reputation beyond reputetmiller has a reputation beyond reputetmiller has a reputation beyond repute

and also here http://www.cdsaladar.com/historia.html

Last edited by tmiller : 02-02-2010 at 01:11 PM.
tmiller is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 01:38 AM   #139
country flag mikomonstr

mikomonstr has a reputation beyond reputemikomonstr has a reputation beyond reputemikomonstr has a reputation beyond reputemikomonstr has a reputation beyond reputemikomonstr has a reputation beyond reputemikomonstr has a reputation beyond reputemikomonstr has a reputation beyond reputemikomonstr has a reputation beyond reputemikomonstr has a reputation beyond reputemikomonstr has a reputation beyond reputemikomonstr has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you!
mikomonstr is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 08:13 AM   #140
country flag momo_momo

momo_momo has a reputation beyond reputemomo_momo has a reputation beyond reputemomo_momo has a reputation beyond reputemomo_momo has a reputation beyond reputemomo_momo has a reputation beyond reputemomo_momo has a reputation beyond reputemomo_momo has a reputation beyond reputemomo_momo has a reputation beyond reputemomo_momo has a reputation beyond reputemomo_momo has a reputation beyond reputemomo_momo has a reputation beyond repute

I got bored today and tried my luck...

And I was lucky! A singular photo of Marat in Bariloche!!!! This was dated Jan 21.
And he's wearing his green shirt! Ugly sunglasses though.

Thanks to Vicky! If it weren't for you I wouldn't know where to look.

Got it from http://www.fotolog.com/santy253/76640195

Red card of LOVE AHAHAHA. Bite me.
momo_momo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 09:47 AM   #141
country flag JenAnn

JenAnn has a reputation beyond reputeJenAnn has a reputation beyond reputeJenAnn has a reputation beyond reputeJenAnn has a reputation beyond reputeJenAnn has a reputation beyond reputeJenAnn has a reputation beyond reputeJenAnn has a reputation beyond reputeJenAnn has a reputation beyond reputeJenAnn has a reputation beyond reputeJenAnn has a reputation beyond reputeJenAnn has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by momo_momo View Post

And I was lucky! A singular photo of Marat in Bariloche!!!! This was dated Jan 21.

Luck was on your side. Thanks for the pic. Great find !
JenAnn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 02:37 PM   #142
country flag vickyvivot

vickyvivot has a reputation beyond reputevickyvivot has a reputation beyond reputevickyvivot has a reputation beyond reputevickyvivot has a reputation beyond reputevickyvivot has a reputation beyond reputevickyvivot has a reputation beyond reputevickyvivot has a reputation beyond reputevickyvivot has a reputation beyond reputevickyvivot has a reputation beyond reputevickyvivot has a reputation beyond reputevickyvivot has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the pic! I'm so happy you found one, i'm trying to get a copy of the newspaper, my sister told me there were some pics of him.
vickyvivot is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 12:42 AM   #143
country flag monkey247

monkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for these great photos, tmiller and momo!

OK so now that pics of Marat are becoming fewer and farther between, I thought it might be helpful to share these handy, time-saving Google search tips. I'm assuming everyone's been doing this for ages already, but for those who haven't, why not give it a go?

Using momo's photo as an example, if you know he's been in e.g. Bariloche:

1. Go to Google Argentina (or Google Spain). Type in "Marat Safin Bariloche", select "páginas en español", and hit return.
2. Next to the + sign above the list of results, click on "Mostrar opciones" (show options).
3. Under "Cualquier fechas", click on "Intervalo de fechas específico", then input a specific date range, in this case 1/1/2010 to 1/2/2010.
4. Voilà! First search result is the fotolog link.

To make the search easier, click on "Imágenes de la página" (towards the bottom of the options list on the left) and it displays one or two photos from the corresponding webpage. It doesn't work in the case of fotolog - and so far this method hasn't produced for me any pics of Marat at the Paris fashion show - but it's definitely worth checking out.

** For non-Russian speakers on Google Russia, run the entire search through Google translate. ** It's about 20 times faster simply because your eyes aren't swimming in Cyrillic. Again I'm sure everyone already does this, so apols if I'm stating the obvious.

Finally, it pays to be creative with the search terms, and do the search twice, once with the word "photo" and once without.

Hope this helps, peeps!

Marat Safin wishing Good Luck to his internet stalking community ...

"Hey, I'm not that easy ..."
monkey247 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 01:03 AM   #144
country flag Sileithel

Sileithel has a reputation beyond reputeSileithel has a reputation beyond reputeSileithel has a reputation beyond reputeSileithel has a reputation beyond reputeSileithel has a reputation beyond reputeSileithel has a reputation beyond reputeSileithel has a reputation beyond reputeSileithel has a reputation beyond reputeSileithel has a reputation beyond reputeSileithel has a reputation beyond reputeSileithel has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeytattoo View Post
Photos from the Hello! shoot are now also on Spletnik: http://spletnik.ru/pressa/17501-mara...o-vremeni.html

This is the smile I fell in love with

Quote:
Originally Posted by rica87 View Post
thanks Heidi and thanks for the scans earlier.
I like his kitchen.
Me too!! It's beautiful!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by momo_momo View Post

Thanks to Vicky! If it weren't for you I wouldn't know where to look.

Got it from http://www.fotolog.com/santy253/76640195
Awesome!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vickyvivot View Post
Thanks for the pic! I'm so happy you found one, i'm trying to get a copy of the newspaper, my sister told me there were some pics of him.
Wooo!! If you find, share!! hey Vicky, where do you live?
Sileithel is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 08:33 AM   #145
country flag rica87

rica87 has a reputation beyond reputerica87 has a reputation beyond reputerica87 has a reputation beyond reputerica87 has a reputation beyond reputerica87 has a reputation beyond reputerica87 has a reputation beyond reputerica87 has a reputation beyond reputerica87 has a reputation beyond reputerica87 has a reputation beyond reputerica87 has a reputation beyond reputerica87 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
OK so now that pics of Marat are becoming fewer and farther between, I thought it might be helpful to share these handy, time-saving Google search tips. I'm assuming everyone's been doing this for ages already, but for those who haven't, why not give it a go?
Heidi - thank you for sharing your secrets! your pic-finding skills are very much appreciated!

and thanks to tmiller and momo!
rica87 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 02:47 PM   #146
country flag vickyvivot

vickyvivot has a reputation beyond reputevickyvivot has a reputation beyond reputevickyvivot has a reputation beyond reputevickyvivot has a reputation beyond reputevickyvivot has a reputation beyond reputevickyvivot has a reputation beyond reputevickyvivot has a reputation beyond reputevickyvivot has a reputation beyond reputevickyvivot has a reputation beyond reputevickyvivot has a reputation beyond reputevickyvivot has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sileithel View Post
This is the smile I fell in love with

Me too!! It's beautiful!!

Awesome!!

Wooo!! If you find, share!! hey Vicky, where do you live?
I'm from buenos aires ( i live in palermo) but my aunt has a house in bariloche and i'm staying till next week! where do you live?
vickyvivot is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 02:52 PM   #147
country flag avocadoe

avocadoe has a reputation beyond reputeavocadoe has a reputation beyond reputeavocadoe has a reputation beyond reputeavocadoe has a reputation beyond reputeavocadoe has a reputation beyond reputeavocadoe has a reputation beyond reputeavocadoe has a reputation beyond reputeavocadoe has a reputation beyond reputeavocadoe has a reputation beyond reputeavocadoe has a reputation beyond reputeavocadoe has a reputation beyond repute

Great to see Marat, thanks thank thanks...
avocadoe is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 07:28 PM   #148
country flag Sileithel

Sileithel has a reputation beyond reputeSileithel has a reputation beyond reputeSileithel has a reputation beyond reputeSileithel has a reputation beyond reputeSileithel has a reputation beyond reputeSileithel has a reputation beyond reputeSileithel has a reputation beyond reputeSileithel has a reputation beyond reputeSileithel has a reputation beyond reputeSileithel has a reputation beyond reputeSileithel has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Thank you!! You see, I'm one of the ones who didn't know So thanks for teaching us!!

Quote:
Marat Safin wishing Good Luck to his internet stalking community ...
"Hey, I'm not that easy ..."
hahahaha xD

Quote:
Originally Posted by vickyvivot View Post
I'm from buenos aires ( i live in palermo) but my aunt has a house in bariloche and i'm staying till next week! where do you live?
I live in Palermo too!!
Sileithel is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 10:10 PM   #149
country flag Soozka

Soozka has a reputation beyond reputeSoozka has a reputation beyond reputeSoozka has a reputation beyond reputeSoozka has a reputation beyond reputeSoozka has a reputation beyond reputeSoozka has a reputation beyond reputeSoozka has a reputation beyond reputeSoozka has a reputation beyond reputeSoozka has a reputation beyond reputeSoozka has a reputation beyond reputeSoozka has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the tips. I'm really a computer illiterate. How do I get to the first step? How do I get to Google Spain? or Google Argentina? Thanks for any hellp.
Soozka is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 12:03 PM   #150
country flag monkey247

monkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soozka View Post
Thanks for the tips. I'm really a computer illiterate. How do I get to the first step? How do I get to Google Spain? or Google Argentina? Thanks for any hellp.
If you type "Google Argentina" (or whichever country) into your usual search engine, the first result should take you there. Maybe best to try out the Google search features in English first, then when you're familiar with them, try them in another language.

Re: running a foreign language search through Google translate (http://translate.google.com), a couple of things to remember in the case of Google Russia. (and I'd also say this method is more a convenience than a substitute for searching in the original language)

Once you've input "Марат Сафин" (without apostrophes) into www.google.ru, if you then copy and paste the resulting URL into the translator, you can't access the extra search options for some reason. First you have to click on "Показать настройки" ("show settings", next to the + sign), then click on any of the other options, then back to the default setting. Copy and paste the resulting URL into the translator and you should be able to access the other options/settings.

The only niggle with this is, each time you click on a different setting, it opens an additional page in the browser window. Fortunately this doesn't happen when working with a specific date range, and overall it's much faster than e.g. highlighting text and going back and forth between the webpage and the translator.

Another time saver is to filter your search by putting a minus sign on whatever you don't want to see. Take the ubiquitous KP.ru site for example, type in -kp.ru and it will exclude the site from your search.

Hope this helps!

PS: If anyone's interested - and time permitting of course - I can dig up one of the rarer Safin pics in my shamefully large collection and go through the steps of how I found it.
monkey247 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote