Do you Actually Win Anything - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-26-2010, 07:52 AM   #1
country flag good_gambler

good_gambler has a reputation beyond reputegood_gambler has a reputation beyond reputegood_gambler has a reputation beyond reputegood_gambler has a reputation beyond reputegood_gambler has a reputation beyond reputegood_gambler has a reputation beyond reputegood_gambler has a reputation beyond reputegood_gambler has a reputation beyond reputegood_gambler has a reputation beyond reputegood_gambler has a reputation beyond reputegood_gambler has a reputation beyond repute
Default Do you Actually Win Anything

Would like to hear how people do, that is all.

Thanks.

Last edited by good_gambler : 06-25-2010 at 12:53 PM.
good_gambler is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-26-2010, 08:06 AM   #2
country flag danielj

danielj has a reputation beyond reputedanielj has a reputation beyond reputedanielj has a reputation beyond reputedanielj has a reputation beyond reputedanielj has a reputation beyond reputedanielj has a reputation beyond reputedanielj has a reputation beyond reputedanielj has a reputation beyond reputedanielj has a reputation beyond reputedanielj has a reputation beyond reputedanielj has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Do you Actually Win Anything

Im down over the last 4 - 5 years, not by a massive amount, im comfortable with the figure.

Tennis betting can be profitable with a decent bank and a good staking system, no doubt about that. I dont have the money or the patience to employ these things though, i tend to bet on a match to match basis which doesnt really work in the long run. My only profitable sport is the horses really but that is easily wiped out by one or two bad days, not uncommon to have 5 or 6 losers in a row.

In my opinion the only way to really make money is to place as few bets as possible with high stakes, long term betting usually only results in one person winning and it sure as hell ain't the punter.
Wta Top Totty: Julia Goerges
danielj is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 11:50 AM   #3
country flag Iván
Banned!

Iván has a reputation beyond reputeIván has a reputation beyond reputeIván has a reputation beyond reputeIván has a reputation beyond reputeIván has a reputation beyond reputeIván has a reputation beyond reputeIván has a reputation beyond reputeIván has a reputation beyond reputeIván has a reputation beyond reputeIván has a reputation beyond reputeIván has a reputation beyond repute

if you can nail one really big pay out a year then you can bt the bookies.

trust

give you more scope to work with.
Iván is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 11:18 AM   #4
country flag Bleeth

Bleeth has a reputation beyond reputeBleeth has a reputation beyond reputeBleeth has a reputation beyond reputeBleeth has a reputation beyond reputeBleeth has a reputation beyond reputeBleeth has a reputation beyond reputeBleeth has a reputation beyond reputeBleeth has a reputation beyond reputeBleeth has a reputation beyond reputeBleeth has a reputation beyond reputeBleeth has a reputation beyond repute

The biggest question IMO is does the size of your bank along with your betting system allow you to earn spending money right away. I've been betting online for just over 2 years and although i've made a profit it doesn't really mean anything cause i've just increased my bank (which by the way along with my cautious betting system won't allow me to make spending money for a long time even if everything goes as planed). Having to build a bank 1st does in my experience increase the chance of failure cause you're in a hurry to reach the bank that will allow you to start making some spending money (isn't that what betting should be about) so you'll probably make some bets that you wouldn't otherwise.

WIN/LOSS = 4/5 in 2014; 773/771 overall from 04.11.2009
Total Staked this year = 41 Units
Total Returned this year = 43.46 Units
Total Profit This year = +2.46 Units; Yield = + 6%
Ana Konjuh

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVK View Post
it would be a miracle to win 2 days in a row:
Bleeth is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 12:02 PM   #5
country flag Iván
Banned!

Iván has a reputation beyond reputeIván has a reputation beyond reputeIván has a reputation beyond reputeIván has a reputation beyond reputeIván has a reputation beyond reputeIván has a reputation beyond reputeIván has a reputation beyond reputeIván has a reputation beyond reputeIván has a reputation beyond reputeIván has a reputation beyond reputeIván has a reputation beyond repute

if you have say 10k in your account and you only bet singles, profit can be made
Iván is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 01:22 PM   #6
country flag shmeeko69

shmeeko69 has a reputation beyond reputeshmeeko69 has a reputation beyond reputeshmeeko69 has a reputation beyond reputeshmeeko69 has a reputation beyond reputeshmeeko69 has a reputation beyond reputeshmeeko69 has a reputation beyond reputeshmeeko69 has a reputation beyond reputeshmeeko69 has a reputation beyond reputeshmeeko69 has a reputation beyond reputeshmeeko69 has a reputation beyond reputeshmeeko69 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by good_gambler View Post
I have been betting for about four or so years... and well, I have won fat fark all. I've lost quite a bit in actual fact. I don't bet constantly, just on/off at an event or sport I feel comfortable with but nothing has been successful. I have had a couple times where I won big but the losses far and away outweigh the wins.

I am at the stage where I think that no good can come from betting on sport. (which btw is the only time I gamble)

Has anyone actually made any coin?? No bullshit, just the straight up truth, how many are actually in the blue?

I don't expect any monetry figures, percentages if you feel?

Would like to hear how people do, that is all.

Thanks.
The reason why you probably don't make a profit is not because your unlucky, more than
likely to be bad disipline. Does any of the following apply to you -

1. Follow the crowd
2. Tipster bets
3. Non value bet

If you don't have a strict plan which over time, will give you an edge & produce a long
term profit, then you will lose money it's inevitable.

I mainly bet on horse racing, tennis & snooker which are area's I'm comfortable with & risk
only 3% of my betting bank for back & e/way bets on odds of 2.0/evens or over & 5% of
my bank risked for lays between 1.7 & 4.5.

If you don't have a plan, then you don't have rules & therefore no discipline & you no what
happens, the market will come back & bite you on the backside.

I lost money for the first two years & it's only in the last year & now make a steady &
comfortable profit, mainly from horse racing.

Bets of luck bad gambler, maybe you can change name in the future to good bettor.

Mark

Betting Reviews

Racing Winners
shmeeko69 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 03:30 PM   #7
country flag Bilbo

Bilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by good_gambler View Post
I don't bet constantly, just on/off at an event or sport I feel comfortable with but nothing has been successful. I have had a couple times where I won big but the losses far and away outweigh the wins.
That's the main point. If you don't follow the sport consistently you'll have a hard time making money. I know some people who just pop up once in a while here and don't bet during their off times. This is not enough imo.
Bilbo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 03:41 PM   #8
country flag ryan23

ryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond repute

Not true Bilbo,

you follow this sport 24/7, and on more than one occasion youve lost your bank

Big Star/Alex Chilton R.I.P

The Stone Roses

Guns N' Roses
ryan23 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 03:42 PM   #9
country flag ryan23

ryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iván View Post
if you have say 10k in your account and you only bet singles, profit can be made
You mean like you and I

The Stone Roses

Guns N' Roses
Old 01-29-2010, 03:44 PM   #10
country flag Bilbo

Bilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan23 View Post
Not true Bilbo,

you follow this sport 24/7, and on more than one occasion youve lost your bank
obviously when you go all in but following the sport daily is the base imo. talking about the money system is another question
Old 01-29-2010, 03:49 PM   #11
country flag ryan23

Having live pictures is the big bonus, you cant follow a scoreboard and see if a guy is playing good or bad and stats dont always tell the complete truth

The Stone Roses

Guns N' Roses
Old 01-29-2010, 03:49 PM   #12
country flag ryan23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilbo View Post
obviously when you go all in but following the sport daily is the base imo. talking about the money system is another question
One of the big rules in gambling is to never go all in, you should know that

The Stone Roses

Guns N' Roses
Old 01-29-2010, 03:56 PM   #13
country flag Bilbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan23 View Post
Having live pictures is the big bonus, you cant follow a scoreboard and see if a guy is playing good or bad and stats dont always tell the complete truth
live pictures are a good bonus and you need them from time to time but you can also do fine living without them for a couple of weeks or even months. it just gets problematic when new players enter the draw and you've never seen them.
Old 01-29-2010, 04:40 PM   #14
country flag shmeeko69

shmeeko69 has a reputation beyond reputeshmeeko69 has a reputation beyond reputeshmeeko69 has a reputation beyond reputeshmeeko69 has a reputation beyond reputeshmeeko69 has a reputation beyond reputeshmeeko69 has a reputation beyond reputeshmeeko69 has a reputation beyond reputeshmeeko69 has a reputation beyond reputeshmeeko69 has a reputation beyond reputeshmeeko69 has a reputation beyond reputeshmeeko69 has a reputation beyond repute

You can be the biggest expert in your field, but if you don't
have discipline, then you will not produce a long term profit - FACT.

Mark

Betting Reviews

Racing Winners
shmeeko69 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 05:17 PM   #15
country flag ryan23

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmeeko69 View Post
You can be the biggest expert in your field, but if you don't
have discipline, then you will not produce a long term profit - FACT.

Mark
Yep sot on

The Stone Roses

Guns N' Roses