Tommy news - Page 52 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 12-12-2009, 12:57 AM   #766
country flag Lugburz

Lugburz has a reputation beyond reputeLugburz has a reputation beyond reputeLugburz has a reputation beyond reputeLugburz has a reputation beyond reputeLugburz has a reputation beyond reputeLugburz has a reputation beyond reputeLugburz has a reputation beyond reputeLugburz has a reputation beyond reputeLugburz has a reputation beyond reputeLugburz has a reputation beyond reputeLugburz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tommy news

thx for sharing, good to hear !

Philipp Kohlschreiber - Stanislas Wawrinka - TB - NM - GD - EG - IS - DL - RF - DT - JWT

Quote:
Originally Posted by leng jai View Post
Everytime Haas wins a point is the happiest moment in my life.
Lugburz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-14-2009, 09:26 PM   #767
country flag Fee

Fee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond repute

The WTT Smash Hits event was livestreamed and the archived video is still available at http://www.wtt.com/livestream.aspx It doesnt look like much at first glance but just click on the play arrow and it will start. I'm not sure how long it will be up there.

Tommy looks good and he played well. I spoke to JMG about the event and he said that they guys did decide to take it a bit seriously and play real tennis, not just goof around. You can fast forward past the other matches if you just want to see Tommy play doubles and singles at the end.

@dougrobson - Whoever is supplying Mahut with hair gel needs to ink a sponsorship deal now.

@Wimbledon - FYI, with @Wimbledon live scoring devices, please add 50 to the games in the fifth set of the Isner v Mahut match.

@HolterMedia - Nice to see that a three-day test has come to tennis here @wimbledon.

Andy wearring Crocs, courtesy of Smitty8
Fee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 08:43 AM   #768
country flag Lugburz

Lugburz has a reputation beyond reputeLugburz has a reputation beyond reputeLugburz has a reputation beyond reputeLugburz has a reputation beyond reputeLugburz has a reputation beyond reputeLugburz has a reputation beyond reputeLugburz has a reputation beyond reputeLugburz has a reputation beyond reputeLugburz has a reputation beyond reputeLugburz has a reputation beyond reputeLugburz has a reputation beyond repute

tnx Fee, some of good tennis game, especially at the match point

Philipp Kohlschreiber - Stanislas Wawrinka - TB - NM - GD - EG - IS - DL - RF - DT - JWT

Quote:
Old 12-21-2009, 06:10 PM   #769
country flag <Eve>
♥ bokehlicious ♥

<Eve> has a reputation beyond repute<Eve> has a reputation beyond repute<Eve> has a reputation beyond repute<Eve> has a reputation beyond repute<Eve> has a reputation beyond repute<Eve> has a reputation beyond repute<Eve> has a reputation beyond repute<Eve> has a reputation beyond repute<Eve> has a reputation beyond repute<Eve> has a reputation beyond repute<Eve> has a reputation beyond repute

tnx fee!!!!
Old 12-31-2009, 01:35 AM   #770

Quote:
Originally Posted by sundog View Post
From the WTT website:

"Haas put on a show for the energetic crowd, winning all three of his sets. In men’s singles, Haas jumped to a 4-1 lead over Roddick before finally closing out the match with a 5-2 win. Haas teamed with Serena Williams, who served an ace on set point to edge Louisiana native Chanda Rubin and Roddick 5-4 in mixed doubles. Haas completed the trifecta, teaming with Jan-Michael Gambill for a 5-2 men’s doubles victory over Roddick and 2009 NCAA Singles Champion Devin Britton."

Way to go, Tommy!!!!
Wow But wouldn't it be nice if he could stay healthy and play that way in a real tournament?
View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 06:43 AM   #771
country flag <Eve>
♥ bokehlicious ♥

<Eve> has a reputation beyond repute<Eve> has a reputation beyond repute<Eve> has a reputation beyond repute<Eve> has a reputation beyond repute<Eve> has a reputation beyond repute<Eve> has a reputation beyond repute<Eve> has a reputation beyond repute<Eve> has a reputation beyond repute<Eve> has a reputation beyond repute<Eve> has a reputation beyond repute<Eve> has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mae View Post
Wow But wouldn't it be nice if he could stay healthy and play that way in a real tournament?
Welcome back Mae!!!

That would be nice for sure! So let's see what he can do this year
Old 01-07-2010, 03:12 AM   #772

Wow what a nice find for me The Tennis Channel is showing that charity event and it is nice to see Tommy playing again. However, when I first read about the event here for some reason I didn't pick up on the fact that it was the "WTT" even with that being clearly stated in the 1st post about the event No wonder Tommy did so well. The "WTT" is the perfect format for Tommy. The scoring is different so it makes games, sets, and matches much shorter. So it is a fast moving game and puts less wear and tear on the body. I personally don't like the "WTT" format myself, but as I said it is ideal for Tommy especially at this stage in his career
View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 09:22 AM   #773
country flag Ad Wim

Ad Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond repute

Not a big surprise, but he pulled out of Santiago. Think he would have done that either way, so this is not so bad. Hope he is ready for San Jose.
Ad Wim is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 03:57 PM   #774
country flag Truc

Truc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond repute

He said to German media that he will play San Jose and the injury isn't worrying:
http://de.eurosport.yahoo.com/290120...kay-raquo.html

Last edited by Truc : 01-29-2010 at 04:03 PM.
Truc is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 04:03 PM   #775
country flag Truc

Truc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond repute

Hmmm, I hadn't seen he wrote on his homepage, he sounds a bit more cautious there:
"I am expecting the results next week. But I sincerely hope that everything is fine and that there will be no long-term setbacks... I reckon that it will be all systems go in San José and Mephis which would be very convenient as I can meet up with two doctors with whom I have experienced the most excellent treatment in the past. Keep your fingers crossed for me that it's nothing serious!"
http://www.tommy-haas.net/?113A2A2343
The other article is pretty categorical and quotes him saying that it's nothing serious.
Truc is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 04:17 PM   #776
country flag Lugburz

Good he skipped Santiago anyway. I'm sure it's nothing serious, and hoping to watch him play in San Jose. get well Tommy!

Quote:
Old 01-30-2010, 10:30 PM   #777
country flag sundog

sundog has a reputation beyond reputesundog has a reputation beyond reputesundog has a reputation beyond reputesundog has a reputation beyond reputesundog has a reputation beyond reputesundog has a reputation beyond reputesundog has a reputation beyond reputesundog has a reputation beyond reputesundog has a reputation beyond reputesundog has a reputation beyond reputesundog has a reputation beyond repute

Pleeease play San Jose, Tommy! I already have my flight & hotel booked. Ha ha!

- Anluan Hennigan on Tommy Haas

http://www.whitelinefever.net/2011/0....html?spref=tw
sundog is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 11:36 AM   #778
country flag el tenista
Advantage Haas!

el tenista has a reputation beyond reputeel tenista has a reputation beyond reputeel tenista has a reputation beyond reputeel tenista has a reputation beyond reputeel tenista has a reputation beyond reputeel tenista has a reputation beyond reputeel tenista has a reputation beyond reputeel tenista has a reputation beyond reputeel tenista has a reputation beyond reputeel tenista has a reputation beyond reputeel tenista has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truc View Post
Hmmm, I hadn't seen he wrote on his homepage, he sounds a bit more cautious there:
"I am expecting the results next week. But I sincerely hope that everything is fine and that there will be no long-term setbacks... I reckon that it will be all systems go in San José and Mephis which would be very convenient as I can meet up with two doctors with whom I have experienced the most excellent treatment in the past. Keep your fingers crossed for me that it's nothing serious!"
http://www.tommy-haas.net/?113A2A2343
The other article is pretty categorical and quotes him saying that it's nothing serious.
The article on his homepage was written before the article on Eurosport and before he went to the doctor.
Old 02-03-2010, 08:21 AM   #779
country flag rica87

rica87 has a reputation beyond reputerica87 has a reputation beyond reputerica87 has a reputation beyond reputerica87 has a reputation beyond reputerica87 has a reputation beyond reputerica87 has a reputation beyond reputerica87 has a reputation beyond reputerica87 has a reputation beyond reputerica87 has a reputation beyond reputerica87 has a reputation beyond reputerica87 has a reputation beyond repute

just read this on facebook:

Quote:
Tommy Haas became a US Citizen on January 27th,2010...

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/...3719394&ref=nf
did he keep his german citizenship?

edit: is this really him anyway?
rica87 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 08:32 AM   #780
country flag Fee

Fee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond repute

I think the Facebook page for him is fake, but the news about him becoming an American citizen is posted on the German side of his official website. He is keeping his German citizenship:

http://www.tommy-haas.net/?113A1A2351

@dougrobson - Whoever is supplying Mahut with hair gel needs to ink a sponsorship deal now.

@Wimbledon - FYI, with @Wimbledon live scoring devices, please add 50 to the games in the fifth set of the Isner v Mahut match.

@HolterMedia - Nice to see that a three-day test has come to tennis here @wimbledon.

Andy wearring Crocs, courtesy of Smitty8
Fee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote