TARPISEX!!! Woot!!! - Page 138 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 11-20-2009, 10:19 PM   #2056
country flag SheLikesToDisco

SheLikesToDisco has a reputation beyond reputeSheLikesToDisco has a reputation beyond reputeSheLikesToDisco has a reputation beyond reputeSheLikesToDisco has a reputation beyond reputeSheLikesToDisco has a reputation beyond reputeSheLikesToDisco has a reputation beyond reputeSheLikesToDisco has a reputation beyond reputeSheLikesToDisco has a reputation beyond reputeSheLikesToDisco has a reputation beyond reputeSheLikesToDisco has a reputation beyond reputeSheLikesToDisco has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: TARPISEX!!! Woot!!!

Have you seen a photo of his son recently? Oh LORD he is mighty handsome. He got it from his papa

Official Apprentice and Fashion Stylist of The Domik of Dinara Disciples
SheLikesToDisco is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-18-2010, 12:33 AM   #2057
country flag monkey247

monkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond repute

This week's "Sport" magazine features an absorbing, fairly in-depth interview with Tarpi (article in English). Among other things, he reveals that his great-grandfather played the violin, that there are centenarians in his family from the maternal line, and also ... that he went to ballet school! I have to assume this was as a visitor in the recent past, but even so, the sight of Tarpi in tights practising pliés and grands jetés in an adult beginners class would be quite arresting, n'est-ce pas? He also says he felt an "ugly duckling" at school due to his (lack of) height.

Marat gets a mention twice, at the beginning where Tarpi says he's "an intelligent, creative, approachable person with good energy", and again at the very end:
Quote:
But what an effort it - the president and captain of the Federation - are these the victory! Once in Paris, before the decisive match at the Davis Cup, (Tarpischev) almost spent the whole night in a chair in front of our number one tennis player - protected from the temptations of Parisian night life. And sitting on the "electric chair" during the match, (Tarpischev) loses up to three kilograms of weight.
A prophet in his own country

Quote:
Shamil Tarpischev was the youngest in the history of sports a head coach. Unlike many of our colleagues, drew attention not only on the "physics", "technique" and tactics, but also on the identity of an athlete. Tarpischev able to "dissolve" in the pupil. He presents ideas so that the ward seems that the important ideas were born to him.

No one better than Tarpischev at reading tennis. Behind him firmly established reputation as a prophet. He rarely makes a mistake in the forecasts and has an incredible intuition. There were times when he gave the installation over the phone, without even seeing the game. Once, with the tournament in Australia at night, during a break between games fail evolving game, he phoned Larisa Savchenko and asked how she play? Tarpishchev asked to tell in two words: with whom she played and the course of the meeting, gave a few tips. And Savchenko won.

Former French President Jacques Chirac said: "Tarpischev - best tennis coach in the world." Sam Tarpischev feels kind of children's coach. Children go to him. In 1976, when he travelled to the tournament four of the strongest American women's tennis world in Amelia Island, stopped in a private home. In the family hosts had two sons - ten and thirteen years. They have not departed from Tarpischev a single step.
On Tarpi's popularity, domestic and international
Quote:
Tarpischev's popularity in Russia is huge. During the Kremlin Cup, on hundred-meter corridor, the sports complex "Olympic", he can not go faster than a half hour. The fans wanted an autograph, talk to him, to be photographed.

Even the homeless on the street recognise Tarpischev. Once he was driving the car in Podolsk, to open a tennis academy. I did not know the way, but it did not ask anyone. I saw at the bus stop a man. He rode up, find out: Do not get lost? And before him - a bum. I had to ask him. Homeless man gazed thoughtfully then said "Wow, Tarpischev!"

But Tarpischev is even more popular - in France. Once our team six times in a row defeated the French in the Davis Cup and Fed Cup, the Paris press called him "the Russian magician" and "terrible brand of national shame of France." He started to be recognised on the street and allowed everywhere without a ticket.
"And before him - a bum". I have to say, Google does poetic bathos like no other online translator!
monkey247 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 08:29 PM   #2058
country flag PennyThePenguin
Scavenger Hunter

PennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond repute

interesting stuff!
PennyThePenguin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 10:03 PM   #2059
country flag KarlyM

KarlyM has a reputation beyond reputeKarlyM has a reputation beyond reputeKarlyM has a reputation beyond reputeKarlyM has a reputation beyond reputeKarlyM has a reputation beyond reputeKarlyM has a reputation beyond reputeKarlyM has a reputation beyond reputeKarlyM has a reputation beyond reputeKarlyM has a reputation beyond reputeKarlyM has a reputation beyond reputeKarlyM has a reputation beyond repute

Interesting article.

Tarpi studied ballet! Did he really have to watch over Marat or is that a google messed up translation?
KarlyM is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 10:09 PM   #2060
country flag luxsword

luxsword has a reputation beyond reputeluxsword has a reputation beyond reputeluxsword has a reputation beyond reputeluxsword has a reputation beyond reputeluxsword has a reputation beyond reputeluxsword has a reputation beyond reputeluxsword has a reputation beyond reputeluxsword has a reputation beyond reputeluxsword has a reputation beyond reputeluxsword has a reputation beyond reputeluxsword has a reputation beyond repute

ballet ? ballet ? ballet ?

(Romeo and Juliet, II.ii)
Comic relief >>> http://english.bouletcorp.com/
luxsword is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 10:23 PM   #2061
country flag monkey247

monkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarlyM View Post
Interesting article. Tarpi studied ballet! Did he really have to watch over Marat or is that a google messed up translation?
Oh the lengths this poor man has to go to for Davis Cup victory! Bercy 2am, Tarpi in his shell suit, installed in a chintz armchair outside Marat's hotel room, reading Brad Gilbert's "Winning Ugly" beneath the glare of a single overhead light bulb, while inside, Marat has tied the bedsheets together and is abseiling out the window!
Old 01-18-2010, 11:19 PM   #2062
country flag KarlyM

KarlyM has a reputation beyond reputeKarlyM has a reputation beyond reputeKarlyM has a reputation beyond reputeKarlyM has a reputation beyond reputeKarlyM has a reputation beyond reputeKarlyM has a reputation beyond reputeKarlyM has a reputation beyond reputeKarlyM has a reputation beyond reputeKarlyM has a reputation beyond reputeKarlyM has a reputation beyond reputeKarlyM has a reputation beyond repute

^
KarlyM is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 12:59 AM   #2063
country flag PennyThePenguin
Scavenger Hunter

PennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond repute

I wouldn't think tarpi would want to read anything written by gilbert
PennyThePenguin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 01:44 AM   #2064
country flag monkey247

Quote:
Originally Posted by PennyThePenguin View Post
I wouldn't think tarpi would want to read anything written by gilbert
Exactly, the idea was to show Tarpi driven to desperate measures all round!
Old 01-19-2010, 01:51 AM   #2065
country flag Safi

Safi has a reputation beyond reputeSafi has a reputation beyond reputeSafi has a reputation beyond reputeSafi has a reputation beyond reputeSafi has a reputation beyond reputeSafi has a reputation beyond reputeSafi has a reputation beyond reputeSafi has a reputation beyond reputeSafi has a reputation beyond reputeSafi has a reputation beyond reputeSafi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheLikesToDisco View Post
Have you seen a photo of his son recently? Oh LORD he is mighty handsome. He got it from his papa
I haven't. Do u have any?
Safi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 07:01 AM   #2066
country flag Almila

Almila has a reputation beyond reputeAlmila has a reputation beyond reputeAlmila has a reputation beyond reputeAlmila has a reputation beyond reputeAlmila has a reputation beyond reputeAlmila has a reputation beyond reputeAlmila has a reputation beyond reputeAlmila has a reputation beyond reputeAlmila has a reputation beyond reputeAlmila has a reputation beyond reputeAlmila has a reputation beyond repute

guess these are from 2009

http://visualrian.ru/images/item/479969

http://visualrian.ru/images/item/479961

http://visualrian.ru/images/item/479962
Almila is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 07:02 AM   #2067
country flag momo_momo

momo_momo has a reputation beyond reputemomo_momo has a reputation beyond reputemomo_momo has a reputation beyond reputemomo_momo has a reputation beyond reputemomo_momo has a reputation beyond reputemomo_momo has a reputation beyond reputemomo_momo has a reputation beyond reputemomo_momo has a reputation beyond reputemomo_momo has a reputation beyond reputemomo_momo has a reputation beyond reputemomo_momo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Safi View Post
I haven't. Do u have any?
me too me too

Red card of LOVE AHAHAHA. Bite me.
momo_momo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 07:19 PM   #2068
country flag Safi

Safi has a reputation beyond reputeSafi has a reputation beyond reputeSafi has a reputation beyond reputeSafi has a reputation beyond reputeSafi has a reputation beyond reputeSafi has a reputation beyond reputeSafi has a reputation beyond reputeSafi has a reputation beyond reputeSafi has a reputation beyond reputeSafi has a reputation beyond reputeSafi has a reputation beyond repute

WOW! Thanks Almila. He looks good there!
Safi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 08:34 PM   #2069
country flag Almila

Almila has a reputation beyond reputeAlmila has a reputation beyond reputeAlmila has a reputation beyond reputeAlmila has a reputation beyond reputeAlmila has a reputation beyond reputeAlmila has a reputation beyond reputeAlmila has a reputation beyond reputeAlmila has a reputation beyond reputeAlmila has a reputation beyond reputeAlmila has a reputation beyond reputeAlmila has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Safi View Post
WOW! Thanks Almila. He looks good there!
you're welcome agreed on Amir,im not into father Tarpi but this boy has the potential to become a yummy ^^
Almila is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 12:10 AM   #2070
country flag maratsmaiden

maratsmaiden has a reputation beyond reputemaratsmaiden has a reputation beyond reputemaratsmaiden has a reputation beyond reputemaratsmaiden has a reputation beyond reputemaratsmaiden has a reputation beyond reputemaratsmaiden has a reputation beyond reputemaratsmaiden has a reputation beyond reputemaratsmaiden has a reputation beyond reputemaratsmaiden has a reputation beyond reputemaratsmaiden has a reputation beyond reputemaratsmaiden has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeytattoo View Post
Oh the lengths this poor man has to go to for Davis Cup victory! Bercy 2am, Tarpi in his shell suit, installed in a chintz armchair outside Marat's hotel room, reading Brad Gilbert's "Winning Ugly" beneath the glare of a single overhead light bulb, while inside, Marat has tied the bedsheets together and is abseiling out the window!
This is one of the funniest things I have read/thought about in a while...

Thank you so much for finding this info and adding your insight, Heidi!!! You certainly have found a way to make me smile while suffering through an empty aussie open...