movie stuff - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-15-2010, 10:40 PM   #16
Ivanatis

Ivanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: (Road to the) Oscars 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by «Ivan» View Post
decky,what script writers?don't please.
What do you mean? Honestly, I think there won't be a sensible discussion between us with you writing there's only one or two movies from the above which are quality. I mean everybody has preferences, there's some epic movies which I find boring too, but I feel you just see it's American, that's why it's shit Give them a chance, if not the awards, then the movies. Unfortunately I haven't watched many of the above so far, but I would be really surprised if not at least half of them appeal to me.
Ivanatis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-15-2010, 11:34 PM   #17
country flag «Ivan»
Banned!

«Ivan» has a reputation beyond repute«Ivan» has a reputation beyond repute«Ivan» has a reputation beyond repute«Ivan» has a reputation beyond repute«Ivan» has a reputation beyond repute«Ivan» has a reputation beyond repute«Ivan» has a reputation beyond repute«Ivan» has a reputation beyond repute«Ivan» has a reputation beyond repute«Ivan» has a reputation beyond repute«Ivan» has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deck View Post
What do you mean? Honestly, I think there won't be a sensible discussion between us with you writing there's only one or two movies from the above which are quality. I mean everybody has preferences, there's some epic movies which I find boring too, but I feel you just see it's American, that's why it's shit Give them a chance, if not the awards, then the movies. Unfortunately I haven't watched many of the above so far, but I would be really surprised if not at least half of them appeal to me.
i gave them so many chances,i told somewhere i apreciate usa cinematography until the mid 70's.

ok,i won't post here,but "slamdog m" or "million dollar girl",clooney as an actor,lotr....i mean i don't like to vaste my time.
be disturb in any way 'n here you one oscar for you.just be forest gump,girl boxer,have an aids,serial killer...oscar is 100 % yours.

on the other hand "real" usa production is smth else but really good movies have no chance.baltimore,sundance,montreal,san francisco,philly...those are festivals of usa movies.

hollywood is disgusting circus.

«Ivan» is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 11:59 PM   #18
Ivanatis

Ivanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond repute

Million Dollar Baby

btw. Critics Choice Awards are held tonight, nice appetizer for the Globes. I think they're broadcasted on vh1.
Old 01-16-2010, 01:03 AM   #19
country flag WarriorA

WarriorA has a reputation beyond reputeWarriorA has a reputation beyond reputeWarriorA has a reputation beyond reputeWarriorA has a reputation beyond reputeWarriorA has a reputation beyond reputeWarriorA has a reputation beyond reputeWarriorA has a reputation beyond reputeWarriorA has a reputation beyond reputeWarriorA has a reputation beyond reputeWarriorA has a reputation beyond reputeWarriorA has a reputation beyond repute

Sadly, there's no point in my watching any of the awards. The only movie I saw in the theatre last year was The Informant.

If Clark W. Griswold was an eligible nominee, I'd totally be into it.
WarriorA is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 01:25 AM   #20
country flag Henry Chinaski

Henry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddyholly View Post
Why not? I like movies.

You are like some American baseball fan saying he can't fathom how anyone could take the slightest bit of interest in the World Cup. Someone who can't see beyond why his interests should be everybody's only interests.
That's a poor analogy. I'm not questioning the concept of liking films, just don't get why people mind who wins these awards that are most likely decided by behind the scenes lobbying. I mean it's not going to affect how you perceive any of the films nominated whether you're seen them already or not. Sad thing is that it will for a significant number of people. It's a giant Hollywood circle-jerk and it bothers me that people take it as an objective measure of quality. "OMG how can you not like that???!!! It won 14 Oscars!!!"

For example, Sean Penn is an annoying overacting **** and will remain so to me regardless of how many of these things he wins. Crash is the most patronising film ever made and goes way beyond shite. Just 2 examples that spring to mind of the phenomenon I described.

I don't mind people treating it as a kind of nerdy mindless entertainment. Don't get the appeal but it doesn't bother me.

I don't give a flying one about Cannes or any other awards ceremony either lest you think I was taking some elitist high ground.
Old 01-16-2010, 01:52 AM   #21
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

buddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Chinaski View Post
For example, Sean Penn is an annoying overacting **** and will remain so to me regardless of how many of these things he wins. Crash is the most patronising film ever made and goes way beyond shite. Just 2 examples that spring to mind of the phenomenon I described.
I agree 100% with that. But I am sure you are wrong in assuming people think that winning automatically makes something the best. They weren't actually screening any of those movies at the Oscars, so what's the problem? The Oscars are for looking at beautiful women and Clooney, and hoping for major faux pas. And maybe even that a critics' favourite like Up In The Air gets shut out in favour of An Education. Avatar getting shut out is too much to hope for.
Old 01-16-2010, 01:54 AM   #22
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

buddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
i gave them so many chances,i told somewhere i apreciate usa cinematography until the mid 70's.

ok,i won't post here,but "slamdog m" or "million dollar girl",clooney as an actor,lotr....i mean i don't like to vaste my time.
be disturb in any way 'n here you one oscar for you.just be forest gump,girl boxer,have an aids,serial killer...oscar is 100 % yours.

on the other hand "real" usa production is smth else but really good movies have no chance.baltimore,sundance,montreal,san francisco,philly...those are festivals of usa movies.

hollywood is disgusting circus.

How can you be a judge of movies when you are incapable of writing a sentence properly?
Old 01-16-2010, 02:00 AM   #23
country flag Henry Chinaski

Henry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I agree 100% with that. But I am sure you are wrong in assuming people think that winning automatically makes something the best. They weren't actually screening any of those movies at the Oscars, so what's the problem? The Oscars are for looking at beautiful women and Clooney, and hoping for major faux pas. And maybe even that a critics' favourite like Up In The Air gets shut out in favour of An Education. Avatar getting shut out is too much to hope for.
I think you give people too much credit. As for your other points I probably just need to lighten up and look at it differently.
Old 01-16-2010, 02:29 AM   #24
country flag «Ivan»
Banned!

«Ivan» has a reputation beyond repute«Ivan» has a reputation beyond repute«Ivan» has a reputation beyond repute«Ivan» has a reputation beyond repute«Ivan» has a reputation beyond repute«Ivan» has a reputation beyond repute«Ivan» has a reputation beyond repute«Ivan» has a reputation beyond repute«Ivan» has a reputation beyond repute«Ivan» has a reputation beyond repute«Ivan» has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
How can you be a judge of movies when you are incapable of writing a sentence properly?
ke?what lack of knowing english has to do with quality of usa(potentially oscar)movies?
"you can't be a chicken to know what egg is...you know"

by the way,writting,readind 'n listening are 3 very diff. things.but you already know that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Chinaski View Post
"OMG how can you not like that???!!! It won 14 Oscars!!!"

"must be master piece"
"million dollars babe" decky:
what's good in this movie?idiotic fairytale story,american dream,"talented" actress,"i can have it all,even sondra" eastwood?what?
«Ivan» is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 02:33 AM   #25
Ivanatis

Quote:
I agree 100% with that. But I am sure you are wrong in assuming people think that winning automatically makes something the best.
In theory they are the best. Biggest awards = biggest winners = big cash. Talking about last year for example, just think about the amount of people that watched Slumdog and the amount that watched Frost/Nixon (another Best Picture nominated movie) after the Oscars. Let's say the Watergate movie would have received the award. Things would have looked completely different in every area. So, the Oscars for sure play a crucial role in attracting viewers. Liking a film is sth. different of course. Speaking for myself, two of my 3 favourite movies from 2008 had not one single nomination last year. Oh..and Sean Penn kicks ass
Old 01-16-2010, 02:38 AM   #26
Ivanatis

Quote:
"million dollars babe" decky:
what's good in this movie?idiotic fairytale story,american dream,"talented" actress,"i can have it all,even sondra" eastwood?what?
Can't give you neutral reasons here. I love Eastwood. I like Freeman and Swank. And I think the story was much more than the usual American Dream bubble. If you want some, read a review on imdb or somewhere else. Apart from that, I don't want to make anybody like the movies I like.
Old 01-16-2010, 02:53 AM   #27
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deck View Post
Oh..and Sean Penn kicks ass
Sean Penn kisses ass - if it belongs to a despotic Latino dictator.

Last edited by buddyholly : 01-16-2010 at 04:45 AM.
buddyholly is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 04:51 AM   #28
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

Quote:
ke?what lack of knowing english has to do with quality of usa(potentially oscar)movies?
"you can't be a chicken to know what egg is...you know"
I thought English was your first language. You write it like a teenager that thinks texting is the real English language.
Old 01-16-2010, 04:58 AM   #29
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

Quote:
"million dollars babe"
what's good in this movie?american dream,"talented" actress, eastwood?
You answered your own question.
Old 01-16-2010, 04:58 PM   #30
Ivanatis

Hurt Locker wins Best Picture at the Critics Choice Awards, last 3 years, this meant also Oscar honors coming
Bridges takes the Best Actor award and Streep/Bullock share Best Actress and a sensual kiss, no surprises in supporting actor categories and Director awards