down under 2010 starts early! - Page 4 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-09-2010, 11:06 PM   #46
country flag Marine

Marine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: down under 2010 starts early!

Via, I understand your disapointment (it already happened to me in Bercy with other players). Maybe you should ask him for apologizing to you if you see him in melbourne.. or just ask for some explanations at least.
As Kezzi I think he's chosen the better deal, and didn't think his presence in sydney could interest somebody, he's not federer nor nadal...

Guy Forget
Marine is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-09-2010, 11:15 PM   #47
country flag Kezzi

Kezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond repute

You should definitely do that! Even Harry Kewell apologized to me when I said I already saw him at world cup training and he didn't come over for autograph/pics, but only waved from a far distance.
And if you do, Arno will know in the future that someone very important cares to see him in Sydney.
Old 01-09-2010, 11:27 PM   #48
country flag soulage

soulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond repute

It's a tennis player Harry Kewel i don't know him Well we are all ok to say that Arno should apologize and had only think about his situation.
soulage is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 11:44 PM   #49
country flag Kezzi

Kezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by soulage View Post
It's a tennis player Harry Kewel i don't know him Well we are all ok to say that Arno should apologize and had only think about his situation.
No, he's one of Australia's best soccer players. Via knows who he is.
But that I didn't get to see him that other time was a huge disappointment for me, so I understand how she feels. So that's why I agree with Marine, when you see him again Via, let him know you were disappointed about this. Just because he's a tennis player doesn't mean you can't treat him like anyone else.
Old 01-09-2010, 11:57 PM   #50
country flag Marine

Marine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, something like "so cute for your pote (passing potes in your hands), so crual to me" lol

Guy Forget
Old 01-10-2010, 10:11 PM   #51
country flag soulage

soulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond repute

Arno and Seb are now in NZ, Arno'english is not good but he try to speak lol and the way he says Sebastien with the english accent the journalist also speak about the help of arno toward Seb The video is very small unfortunatly http://tvnz.co.nz/tennis-asb-classic...-3327417/video
Old 01-10-2010, 10:20 PM   #52
country flag Marine

Quote:
Arno and Seb are now in NZ, Arno'english is not good but he try to speak lol and the way he says Sebastien with the english accent the journalist also speak about the help of arno toward Seb The video is very small unfortunatly http://tvnz.co.nz/tennis-asb-classic...-3327417/video
chebastian ? lol portuguese accent now ? Plz arnaud, don't try, prononce in the french way ! lol
Yeah, his englis still is crap, whereas he has said in stockholm he improved

Guy Forget
Old 01-10-2010, 10:33 PM   #53
country flag soulage

His english can be better as in Stockholm but here it's not good and we understand cos we are french but the real english speaker i'm not sure lol

Always the same deal story tells in another way http://m.nzherald.co.nz/story/sport/10619465/

Quote:
Tennis: Pair of French latecomers bring entertainment boost
11 January, 2010
4 a.m. | A chance phone call over dinner was responsible for bringing two more well-performed international stars to the Auckland men's tennis open.
Close buddies Arnaud Clement and Sebastien Grosjean were dining together in Sydney on Saturday night when a call came through for Clement from Heineken Open director Richard Palmer offering him a place in the tournament.
Clement had already decided to play in Sydney, where his ranking of 63 was good enough to just squeak into the draw. But Grosjean, the former world No 4, was at a loose end.
With his career having been severely disrupted by a shoulder injury, the 31-year-old former Australian Open finalist's ranking has slid to 677.
As fate would have it, a withdrawal in Auckland meant Palmer had a wildcard - previously earmarked for David Nalbandian - up his sleeve.
A deal was quickly struck. If Clement would come to Auckland, Grosjean could have the wildcard.
The late recruiting double swoop of the entertaining French pair is certainly a boon for an event deep in quality but lacking a superstar drawcard.
After a week of mismatches in the ASB Classic, New Zealand tennis fans will be desperate to witness some hard-fought, entertaining encounters.
Clement and Grosjean may be past their "best before" dates, but they are both well capable of delivering in the entertainment stakes.
Clement has drawn countryman Jeremy Chardy in the first round, while Grosjean will play German Florian Meyer.
For Grosjean, 2010 represents one last crack at the big time.
"It is never easy to come back, especially when you turn 30," he said. "But I have been practising for the last two months and had a few matches at the end of last year. There is no pain, so I try to come back and play one more year."
Grosjean has been to Auckland once, when he was eliminated in qualifying in 1997.
Old 01-10-2010, 11:00 PM   #54
country flag Marine

Quote:
His english can be better as in Stockholm but here it's not good and we understand cos we are french but the real english speaker i'm not sure lol
I can say I understand much better his english than any other english speaking guy ! lol
If only everybody would speak english like arnaud

Guy Forget

Last edited by Marine : 01-10-2010 at 11:53 PM.
Old 01-10-2010, 11:21 PM   #55
country flag Kezzi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marine View Post
chebastian ? lol portuguese accent now ? Plz arnaud, don't try, prononce in the french way ! lol
I believe how he says it, it's correct in English. But he should pronounce it the French way, cause it's a French name otherwise the non-French won't know how to pronounce correctly.
I have a French name too, I hate the Dutch way of pronouncing it, so I keep correcting everyone, even if it's useless with some people.

Quote:

Always the same deal story tells in another way http://m.nzherald.co.nz/story/sport/10619465/
I'm not French and I have to say that I can understand him very well here. Of course there's the accent, but that's just cute. My two French friends speak the same way in English and one of them studied English for his job.
Old 01-10-2010, 11:38 PM   #56
country flag Kezzi

Quote:
I can say I understand much better his english than any other english speaking guy ! lol
If only everybody would english like arnaud
Then everyone in the world would need to be taught with a French accent.
Most Frenchies I ever talked to were doing fine in English, it's the accent that makes them hard to understand. And that the grammar is different... My friends seem to use French grammar in English and do not use the right form of irregular verbs. This is something I noticed with both of them, because our conversations go much better when I don't use the irregular verbs on purpose. I don't always correct them, because I love them for trying so hard! The same with Arno, at least he tries to speak English and learn, even if he's hard to understand sometimes.
I every Frenchie for trying, because I'm worse in French than they can ever be in English.
I can only judge the closer look on my friends, because I've talked to them more often than others I've met.
Old 01-11-2010, 12:34 AM   #57
country flag Catchie

Catchie has a reputation beyond reputeCatchie has a reputation beyond reputeCatchie has a reputation beyond reputeCatchie has a reputation beyond reputeCatchie has a reputation beyond reputeCatchie has a reputation beyond reputeCatchie has a reputation beyond reputeCatchie has a reputation beyond reputeCatchie has a reputation beyond reputeCatchie has a reputation beyond reputeCatchie has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Nice video, I'm really excited to see him look so happy, with Seb standing beside him and that big smile on his face while he's talking

Quote:
It's the correct pronunciation in English

Quote:

I'm not French and I understand perfectly fine

Quote:
If only everybody would speak english like arnaud
I agree, his English is so cute A few years ago his English wasn't as good as what it is today. I think he has improved a lot over the years. The first couple of times I met him, it seems like he was a bit scared to speak in English because he wasn't good at it.

But I think he's good at it for a Frenchman. After all, he's not an English native speaker. It could be a lot worse (ever heard Dutch people on English television? That accent is horrible, a french accent is cute )

Edit: just wanted to add that the English can also have really bad accents and makes them very hard to understand for foreigners such as myself

Sébastien Grosjean || Nenad Zimonjic

Chiqui
Catchie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 12:53 AM   #58
country flag Catchie

Catchie has a reputation beyond reputeCatchie has a reputation beyond reputeCatchie has a reputation beyond reputeCatchie has a reputation beyond reputeCatchie has a reputation beyond reputeCatchie has a reputation beyond reputeCatchie has a reputation beyond reputeCatchie has a reputation beyond reputeCatchie has a reputation beyond reputeCatchie has a reputation beyond reputeCatchie has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kezzi View Post
I believe how he says it, it's correct in English. But he should pronounce it the French way, cause it's a French name otherwise the non-French won't know how to pronounce correctly.
I have a French name too, I hate the Dutch way of pronouncing it, so I keep correcting everyone, even if it's useless with some people.
I also think Seb's name should be pronounced the original way.

@ Kezzi: You can't even pronounce your own name with the correct french accent I have a german/dutch name, so no trouble there. But then again, in English or French-speaking countries they can't seem to remember it because they don't know it

Chiqui
Old 01-11-2010, 12:58 AM   #59
country flag Kezzi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catchie View Post
I also think Seb's name should be pronounced the original way.

@ Kezzi: You can't even pronounce your own name with the correct french accent I have a german/dutch name, so no trouble there. But then again, in English or French-speaking countries they can't seem to remember it because they don't know it
Of course original French people say it the best, but Dutch people should understand that the last 'e' is silent and don't take the 'a' as 'aaaaaaaaa' like they're in pain or something.
Old 01-11-2010, 12:59 AM   #60
country flag Catchie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kezzi View Post
Ahhh, that's sooo cute.
Hope he can arrange the same for Seb at R'dam.
Seb has to come to Rotterdam! It's always been my dream to see them together, so that would be nice

Chiqui