Down under 2010 - Page 3 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-10-2010, 01:02 PM   #31
country flag Truc

Truc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Down under 2010

I didn't know you were in Brisbane, very interesting entries again, thanks a lot for posting them! It's shocking that Henin doesn't get more applause.
I took my courage in both hands to click on the first link and your report really is spot on, for those who haven't seen the match. I found the first games quite fun too with all the dropshots, GaŽl was chasing them down pretty well and wasn't striking the ball badly compared to his usual very slow starts.
It is a great match-up when GaŽl bothers trying, their match in Bercy was blah, but the one in Vienna two years ago was one of my favourite matches of GaŽl in 2008.

("Watching his facial expressions, I find it easy to believe that half the time he’s playing, he’s concentrating on something else other than the match." Exactly, and the difference is so visible when he decides to really focus at some point of the match! It's crazy he's almost top 10 with such a lack of focus half of the time. And crazy he has so much trouble improving it. It is a weapon too in a way, as it must be disturbing for the opponents, but it costs him so many completely unnecessary 3-setters and defeats, it's killing him.)
Truc is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-10-2010, 07:22 PM   #32
country flag krystlel

krystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truc View Post
I didn't know you were in Brisbane, very interesting entries again, thanks a lot for posting them! It's shocking that Henin doesn't get more applause.
I took my courage in both hands to click on the first link and your report really is spot on, for those who haven't seen the match. I found the first games quite fun too with all the dropshots, GaŽl was chasing them down pretty well and wasn't striking the ball badly compared to his usual very slow starts.
It is a great match-up when GaŽl bothers trying, their match in Bercy was blah, but the one in Vienna two years ago was one of my favourite matches of GaŽl in 2008.

("Watching his facial expressions, I find it easy to believe that half the time he’s playing, he’s concentrating on something else other than the match." Exactly, and the difference is so visible when he decides to really focus at some point of the match! It's crazy he's almost top 10 with such a lack of focus half of the time. And crazy he has so much trouble improving it. It is a weapon too in a way, as it must be disturbing for the opponents, but it costs him so many completely unnecessary 3-setters and defeats, it's killing him.)
Yeah I live in Brisbane so I went to a couple of sessions, but didn't really go out of my way to watch a lot of matches since I had to work. I guess I expected more of a cheer for Henin especially with it being her comeback, but she seemed to get the same amount as a lot of other players. And it was a lot of polite applause.

Yeah the report isn't that negative really, considering how the match was. Nothing more than what anyone else was thinking. I suppose I mentally switched off not long after Monfils did.

It's pretty amusing looking at Monfils' facial expressions for that reason. I bet it really annoys his opponents like it's giving them a lack of respect. Yeah, it's amazing that he's gotten this far with such poor concentration.
krystlel is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 05:58 AM   #33
country flag DanaKz

DanaKz has a reputation beyond reputeDanaKz has a reputation beyond reputeDanaKz has a reputation beyond reputeDanaKz has a reputation beyond reputeDanaKz has a reputation beyond reputeDanaKz has a reputation beyond reputeDanaKz has a reputation beyond reputeDanaKz has a reputation beyond reputeDanaKz has a reputation beyond reputeDanaKz has a reputation beyond reputeDanaKz has a reputation beyond repute

Withdrawal from Sydney. Injury.
Old 01-11-2010, 02:26 PM   #34
country flag Tess Gray

Tess Gray has a reputation beyond reputeTess Gray has a reputation beyond reputeTess Gray has a reputation beyond reputeTess Gray has a reputation beyond reputeTess Gray has a reputation beyond reputeTess Gray has a reputation beyond reputeTess Gray has a reputation beyond reputeTess Gray has a reputation beyond reputeTess Gray has a reputation beyond reputeTess Gray has a reputation beyond reputeTess Gray has a reputation beyond repute

Was to be expected Smart decision though I'm assuming it's only precaution.

Onto the AO
Tess Gray is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 08:06 AM   #35
country flag Truc

Truc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond repute

His draw:
[5] MURRAY, Andy GBR - (Q) ANDERSON, Kevin RSA
GICQUEL, Marc FRA - BOLELLI, Simone ITA
NIEMINEN, Jarkko FIN - (W) LINDAHL, Nick AUS
SERRA, Florent FRA - [28] MELZER, Jurgen AUT

[33] ISNER, John USA - SEPPI, Andreas ITA
(Q) SORENSEN, Louk IRL - LU, Yen-Hsun TPE
KOELLERER, Daniel AUT - (Q) VEIC, Antonio CRO
(Q) EBDEN, Matthew AUS - [12] MONFILS, Gael FRA

[13] STEPANEK, Radek CZE - KARLOVIC, Ivo CRO
BENNETEAU, Julien FRA - (Q) GUEZ, David FRA
FISH, Mardy USA - (W) GOLUBEV, Andrey KAZ
(W) KUBLER, Jason AUS - [24] LJUBICIC, Ivan CRO

[27] KOHLSCHREIBER, Philipp GER - ZEBALLOS, Horacio ARG
(Q) KAVCIC, Blaz SLO - ODESNIK, Wayne USA
LACKO, Lukas SVK - MAYER, Leonardo ARG
LUCZAK, Peter AUS - [2] NADAL, Rafael ESP

The shoulder doesn't sound worrying according to the latest updates.
Old 01-16-2010, 09:28 AM   #36
country flag Truc

Night session match on MCA, that's perfect!
Old 01-16-2010, 09:35 AM   #37
country flag MsTree

MsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond repute

Looking forward to his R4 match already (if they both make it that far)

Isner will be tricky though, hope Gael can get his eye in quickly and return well And I quite like Veic so I hope that's Gael's R2 opponent. Allez!

Gillou ~~~~~ & ~~~~~ Andy
MsTree is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 12:35 PM   #38
country flag simplet

simplet has a reputation beyond reputesimplet has a reputation beyond reputesimplet has a reputation beyond reputesimplet has a reputation beyond reputesimplet has a reputation beyond reputesimplet has a reputation beyond reputesimplet has a reputation beyond reputesimplet has a reputation beyond reputesimplet has a reputation beyond reputesimplet has a reputation beyond reputesimplet has a reputation beyond repute

I wonder if Isner is a better draw for him than Ferrer. I would say yes maybe?? His draw is not so bad, but Murray will unfortunately dismantle him in the fourth round I fear... Really bad match-up for him. Best quarter for him would have been the Roddick/Del Potro one probably.
simplet is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 12:55 PM   #39
country flag Truc

I definitely preferred the first draw with Ferrer. I don't think his chances to beat Isner are better, it seems pretty even to me. And the prospect of having to watch that match... The last Isner match was such a nightmare.
Old 01-16-2010, 04:02 PM   #40
country flag Jess22

Jess22 has a reputation beyond reputeJess22 has a reputation beyond reputeJess22 has a reputation beyond reputeJess22 has a reputation beyond reputeJess22 has a reputation beyond reputeJess22 has a reputation beyond reputeJess22 has a reputation beyond reputeJess22 has a reputation beyond reputeJess22 has a reputation beyond reputeJess22 has a reputation beyond reputeJess22 has a reputation beyond repute

Yea I'm not a fan of Gael being in this quarter, it could have been worse, but 4th round against Murray . I think he should be alright against Isner if he's focused enough and there's a good crowd to cheer him on
Old 01-16-2010, 09:24 PM   #41
country flag CR3WLFC

CR3WLFC has a reputation beyond reputeCR3WLFC has a reputation beyond reputeCR3WLFC has a reputation beyond reputeCR3WLFC has a reputation beyond reputeCR3WLFC has a reputation beyond reputeCR3WLFC has a reputation beyond reputeCR3WLFC has a reputation beyond reputeCR3WLFC has a reputation beyond reputeCR3WLFC has a reputation beyond reputeCR3WLFC has a reputation beyond reputeCR3WLFC has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck gaŽL
CR3WLFC is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 03:52 AM   #42
country flag simplet

simplet has a reputation beyond reputesimplet has a reputation beyond reputesimplet has a reputation beyond reputesimplet has a reputation beyond reputesimplet has a reputation beyond reputesimplet has a reputation beyond reputesimplet has a reputation beyond reputesimplet has a reputation beyond reputesimplet has a reputation beyond reputesimplet has a reputation beyond reputesimplet has a reputation beyond repute

I wonder what they're going to do with his match... There's no way he'll be able to play at anything ressembling a decent hour. It's 4 pm in Melbourne right now and the first women match is still not over on MCA.
simplet is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 08:08 AM   #43
country flag Truc

Rasheed about his form in L'Equipe today:
"I think his shoulder will holp up. It's getting a little bit better every day. He played in training without shoulder strap and felt well. He feels a little pain, but there is no lesion. He served hard and it held. He's really striking the ball well. I'm having a good feeling."

The whole interview:
http://www.gaelmonfils.com/forum/vie...start=30#p4715
He also talks about the particularly hard training in Adelaide and about the fact that GaŽl lacks self-confidence, Rasheed keeps telling him he has to believe that he's one of the best players out there. But he thinks there are more and more matches where GaŽl is showing the right attitude.
Old 01-18-2010, 09:10 AM   #44
country flag Truc

Next match on MCA.
Old 01-18-2010, 09:29 AM   #45
country flag Truc

I'm really losing my memory, I can't even remember how GaŽl copes with windy conditions...