2009 Piccies Thread!!! - Page 123 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 11-19-2009, 09:27 PM   #1831
country flag michellej

michellej has a reputation beyond reputemichellej has a reputation beyond reputemichellej has a reputation beyond reputemichellej has a reputation beyond reputemichellej has a reputation beyond reputemichellej has a reputation beyond reputemichellej has a reputation beyond reputemichellej has a reputation beyond reputemichellej has a reputation beyond reputemichellej has a reputation beyond reputemichellej has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2009 Piccies Thread!!!

I thought that interview was pretty harmless and true to fact except for a of wrong numbers and age that don;t matter, I loved the how he threw questions back at Ms. DFF and handled the interview in a polite non-controversial way.
michellej is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-19-2009, 09:43 PM   #1832
country flag MaruVzla

MaruVzla has a reputation beyond reputeMaruVzla has a reputation beyond reputeMaruVzla has a reputation beyond reputeMaruVzla has a reputation beyond reputeMaruVzla has a reputation beyond reputeMaruVzla has a reputation beyond reputeMaruVzla has a reputation beyond reputeMaruVzla has a reputation beyond reputeMaruVzla has a reputation beyond reputeMaruVzla has a reputation beyond reputeMaruVzla has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeytattoo View Post
This face can! Super-rare pic from 2004 China Open: http://www.osports.cn/bag.do?bagId=10068&cateId=10007
what a lovely picture! Thanks monkeytattoo

And thanks Gennie for taking the time to translate for us the interview
MaruVzla is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 11:54 PM   #1833
country flag KarlyM

KarlyM has a reputation beyond reputeKarlyM has a reputation beyond reputeKarlyM has a reputation beyond reputeKarlyM has a reputation beyond reputeKarlyM has a reputation beyond reputeKarlyM has a reputation beyond reputeKarlyM has a reputation beyond reputeKarlyM has a reputation beyond reputeKarlyM has a reputation beyond reputeKarlyM has a reputation beyond reputeKarlyM has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for posting more pics from the award ceremony, Iana. (Marat looks good! )

Nice finds, monkeytattoo!
Thanks for the interview translation, Gennie!

Quote:
Either Dai Fei Fei got her gossip from the same place I did, or she read page 11 of the 2009 hardcourt thread!

Quote:
Davis Cup celebration party, December 2006. (Mitya with his usual look of silent worship!)
I'm going to miss seeing that look!
KarlyM is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 09:22 AM   #1834
country flag Daniel25

Daniel25 has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel25 has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel25 has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel25 has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel25 has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel25 has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel25 has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel25 has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel25 has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel25 has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel25 has a reputation beyond repute

Wow Monkeytattoo, he looks beautiful on that picture
Daniel25 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 10:08 PM   #1835
country flag Iana

Iana has a reputation beyond reputeIana has a reputation beyond reputeIana has a reputation beyond reputeIana has a reputation beyond reputeIana has a reputation beyond reputeIana has a reputation beyond reputeIana has a reputation beyond reputeIana has a reputation beyond reputeIana has a reputation beyond reputeIana has a reputation beyond reputeIana has a reputation beyond repute

Belgrade Serbia

Iana is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 10:28 PM   #1836
country flag monkey247

monkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond repute

Iana, thank you for the tip-off! Managed to find this pic in a slightly bigger size, plus a brief article: http://www.goserbia.com/Vesti/Vest/S...vo_u_Beograd_1

Google translation:
Quote:
Once the first player of the world and winner of two Grand Slam titles, Marat Safin briefly visited Belgrade, that he liked the plan again to visit.

Safin yesterday arrived in the Serbian capital at the invitation of the family the best Serbian tennis player Novak Djokovic and had numerous meetings. Just as soon as ten days, "hung on the peg racket" 29-year-old Russian began to deal with business, because it should be included in the organization of the second row ATP Croatia Open, which owns the license Djokovic family.

"Yesterday we had a series of interviews with Marat Safin in connection with the moće how to help our tournament. It is a great player, who only stepped in as the retirement of the water and wants to help establish real cooperation between the Serbian and Russian tennis. It is a good friend of our family and seek ways to engage more about Croatia Open, because I have Celje that organizes the tournament" was confirmed by Goran Djokovic, Novak's uncle and the director of the ATP tournament in Belgrade.

Marat Safin yesterday morning was the funeral of Serbian Patriarch Pavle, then had a business lunch with Serbian businessmen, to the evening in the club Frida. He did not want to give statements to the media and tried to avoid journalists in all ways.
So he was flicking the V at the Russian Cup awards.

Last edited by monkey247 : 10-31-2010 at 07:21 PM. Reason: to fix a broken link
monkey247 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 10:43 PM   #1837
country flag monkey247

monkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond repute

Also from the same website, a pic of Marat from February 2008 on draw day for Russia's Davis Cup tie with Serbia. Marat didn't play this tie and I don't think he was particularly well at the time either, bless 'im.

Original pic with annoying watermark

Last edited by monkey247 : 10-31-2010 at 07:28 PM. Reason: to fix a broken link
Old 11-20-2009, 11:06 PM   #1838
country flag justmarat

justmarat has a reputation beyond reputejustmarat has a reputation beyond reputejustmarat has a reputation beyond reputejustmarat has a reputation beyond reputejustmarat has a reputation beyond reputejustmarat has a reputation beyond reputejustmarat has a reputation beyond reputejustmarat has a reputation beyond reputejustmarat has a reputation beyond reputejustmarat has a reputation beyond reputejustmarat has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Also from the same website, a pic of Marat from February 2008 on draw day for Russia's Davis Cup tie with Serbia. Marat didn't play this tie and I don't think he was particularly well at the time either, bless 'im.
Thanks so much for all the piccies, Monkeytatoo! You are a pix research guru!
justmarat is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 12:14 PM   #1839
country flag michellej

michellej has a reputation beyond reputemichellej has a reputation beyond reputemichellej has a reputation beyond reputemichellej has a reputation beyond reputemichellej has a reputation beyond reputemichellej has a reputation beyond reputemichellej has a reputation beyond reputemichellej has a reputation beyond reputemichellej has a reputation beyond reputemichellej has a reputation beyond reputemichellej has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by little_masha View Post
Listen, guys, I admit: I really am tennis ignorant!
But why do they give mama Rausa so many awards in Russia?! I mean, besides Marat (and, arguably, Dinara) what else did she do to for tennis so grandiose that it deserves yearly public recognition?!

PS: As regards Marat’s dressing up for the same event on the 16th….man...my man…Marat… remember that great combination you’ve sported in Kishinev some 2 months ago (dark grey suit + purple shirt)?…that was great, it made your green eyes pop. Brown and black on the other hand makes you look like a working class widower from Odessa at his mother in law’s funeral! May the working class, widowers, Odessa and mothers in law excuse me…

I sometimes think that Tursunov and his fancy pinkish shirts are the only piece of class in men’s tennis!
Rausa is a noted tennis coach as well as having been a good player herself in Russia. Among her students are Anna Kourokova, Elena Dementieva, , Nastasia Myskina to name a few. And here children of course. No doubt the awards wre for her,
Old 11-21-2009, 12:50 PM   #1840
country flag mer

mer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond repute

Rausa didn't coach AnnaK as far as I know
Anyway she got one award last year and this year she just collected Dinara's award, so there is no sense talking about too many awards.
mer is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 11:02 PM   #1841
country flag michellej

Quote:
Originally Posted by mer View Post
Rausa didn't coach AnnaK as far as I know
Anyway she got one award last year and this year she just collected Dinara's award, so there is no sense talking about too many awards.
It was Larisa Preobrazhenskaya. Mea Culpa.
Old 11-22-2009, 12:37 PM   #1842
country flag monkey247

New photos of Marat's visit to "Atlant" sports complex in Nizhny Novgorod, 03 November 2009. URL of original pic below each, as they've been resized, cropped etc for posting.

http://photo.shatki.info/categories.php?cat_id=77

http://photo.shatki.info/data/media/77/_MG_0551.JPG
Old 11-22-2009, 12:38 PM   #1843
country flag monkey247

http://photo.shatki.info/data/media/77/_MG_0516.JPG

http://photo.shatki.info/data/media/77/_MG_0528.JPG
Old 11-22-2009, 12:39 PM   #1844
country flag monkey247

http://photo.shatki.info/data/media/77/_MG_0601.JPG

http://photo.shatki.info/data/media/77/_MG_0578.JPG
Old 11-22-2009, 12:40 PM   #1845
country flag monkey247

http://photo.shatki.info/data/media/77/IMG_3704.jpg

http://photo.shatki.info/data/media/77/IMG_3728.jpg