Autumn 2009 - Indoor/Outdoor - Page 6 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 11-11-2009, 12:37 PM   #76
country flag Puschkin

Puschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Autumn 2009 - Indoor/Outdoor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ome View Post
Courteau's laid back manner.
I see, what would you prefer then?

~♠ Gasquetaires ♠~

un pour tous, tous pour un
‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
Puschkin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-11-2009, 12:49 PM   #77
country flag Ome

Ome has a reputation beyond reputeOme has a reputation beyond reputeOme has a reputation beyond reputeOme has a reputation beyond reputeOme has a reputation beyond reputeOme has a reputation beyond reputeOme has a reputation beyond reputeOme has a reputation beyond reputeOme has a reputation beyond reputeOme has a reputation beyond reputeOme has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puschkin View Post
I see, what would you prefer then?
I don't know really

But I want someone who's not too much older than him, to start with. Someone who can come up with multiple game plans for him. I imagine someone who can sit together with him, watching tennis tapes, analyzing the game together with a glass of wine or something
Old 11-11-2009, 01:10 PM   #78
country flag The Hooded Claw
Slow Emotion Replay.

The Hooded Claw has a reputation beyond reputeThe Hooded Claw has a reputation beyond reputeThe Hooded Claw has a reputation beyond reputeThe Hooded Claw has a reputation beyond reputeThe Hooded Claw has a reputation beyond reputeThe Hooded Claw has a reputation beyond reputeThe Hooded Claw has a reputation beyond reputeThe Hooded Claw has a reputation beyond reputeThe Hooded Claw has a reputation beyond reputeThe Hooded Claw has a reputation beyond reputeThe Hooded Claw has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I honestly am surprised...

that he sticks with Courteau until the end of the season

Time to hire me already, Paulo!

On a serious note, I have never liked the fact that he treats coaches like a tissue paper. Disposable. Changes can be good. But sometimes, it seems like an easy way out. It's like he's not taking responsibility for the results (And I know most people think that.)

I'd love for him to have a coach that can be tough on him. Someone who can push him more. That would be a nice change.
The problem for me with Courteau was, didn't he mention from the start that he might be coaching Golovin if she came back to the WTA, or something similar? (can't quite remember)

The idea of Paulo's coach having him as a sort of 'second choice' never sat well with me.

I'm not sure who would be a good match for him coaching-wise. I never thought Wilander was a good match of player/coach personality either.

The Hooded Claw is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 01:25 PM   #79
country flag Ome

Ome has a reputation beyond reputeOme has a reputation beyond reputeOme has a reputation beyond reputeOme has a reputation beyond reputeOme has a reputation beyond reputeOme has a reputation beyond reputeOme has a reputation beyond reputeOme has a reputation beyond reputeOme has a reputation beyond reputeOme has a reputation beyond reputeOme has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SixLoveSixLove View Post
The problem for me with Courteau was, didn't he mention from the start that he might be coaching Golovin if she came back to the WTA, or something similar? (can't quite remember)

The idea of Paulo's coach having him as a sort of 'second choice' never sat well with me.

I'm not sure who would be a good match for him coaching-wise. I never thought Wilander was a good match of player/coach personality either.

Same here...

I actually like Wilander. Maybe because he is Paulo's only coach who talked to us in English
Old 11-11-2009, 01:30 PM   #80
country flag novanora

novanora has a reputation beyond reputenovanora has a reputation beyond reputenovanora has a reputation beyond reputenovanora has a reputation beyond reputenovanora has a reputation beyond reputenovanora has a reputation beyond reputenovanora has a reputation beyond reputenovanora has a reputation beyond reputenovanora has a reputation beyond reputenovanora has a reputation beyond reputenovanora has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Paul-Henri Mathieu se sépare de Courteau

Entraîné par Loic Courteau depuis un an, Paul-Henri Mathieu a décidé de mettre un terme à leur collaboration. Défait au premier tour à Bercy par Viktor Troicki (7/6 6/3 ab.), l'Alsacien estime avoir réalisé une saison "plate". "Il ne s'est rien passé en fait. Je me demande même comment je peux encore être 33e mondial. J'ai le sentiment de ne pas avoir progressé." La semaine prochaine, Paulo ira défendre son titre à l'Open de Caen avant de définitivement mettre un terme à sa saison. Et de choisir un nouvel entraîneur...

Source: http://www.welovetennis.fr/atp/17263...re-de-courteau

Separating from Courteau!
It can be expected although i kinda like Courteau. I saw Paulo had quite a few disagreement with Courteau during the training sessions in Shanghai. It seemed that he wasn't fully convinced and persuaded by Courteau to do in his way. I just had the feeling at that time that they could be separated at the end of the season.
novanora is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 01:34 PM   #81
country flag The Hooded Claw
Slow Emotion Replay.

The Hooded Claw has a reputation beyond reputeThe Hooded Claw has a reputation beyond reputeThe Hooded Claw has a reputation beyond reputeThe Hooded Claw has a reputation beyond reputeThe Hooded Claw has a reputation beyond reputeThe Hooded Claw has a reputation beyond reputeThe Hooded Claw has a reputation beyond reputeThe Hooded Claw has a reputation beyond reputeThe Hooded Claw has a reputation beyond reputeThe Hooded Claw has a reputation beyond reputeThe Hooded Claw has a reputation beyond repute

I like Wilander, I just always felt that his approach to tennis was different to Paulo's. And they seem like such different people. I just wasn't convinced that Mats (good a player as he was) was the sort of coach Paulo required to push him on a bit further and get the most out of him as a player.

I'd say he needs a quiet, studious coach-type, someone that can help him out with the tactical and confidence side of the game. I'd like to see him improve his net game too, but I don't see that happening at almost 28 years old

It's frustrating, I guess. I'm not expecting Paulo to be a multiple-slam winner or anything, but I really feel that he has a masters, or a couple of runs to the latter stages at slams, in him. Seeing him come up just that little bit short each time, I wonder if the difference might have been a coach that was a better 'fit' for him.

But, what do I know?
The Hooded Claw is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 01:40 PM   #82
country flag Ome

Almost 28 years old.... wow.... it's been almost 8 years since he beat Marat and I fell in love with him his tennis

Yeah, what do we know? ( when the man himself doesn't seem to have a clue either )
Old 11-11-2009, 02:08 PM   #83
country flag Puschkin

Puschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
But I want someone who's not too much older than him, to start with.
I don't think so. He is a hard worker by himself, he doesn't need anyone to run with him or join him in the gym. I feel he does this part of the work on his own.

Quote:
Someone who can come up with multiple game plans for him. I imagine someone who can sit together with him, watching tennis tapes, analyzing the game together with a glass of wine or something
That's exactly what I assumed Courteau would be capable of.

And finally, no Wilander for any French player.

~♠ Gasquetaires ♠~

Old 11-11-2009, 02:09 PM   #84
country flag novanora

novanora has a reputation beyond reputenovanora has a reputation beyond reputenovanora has a reputation beyond reputenovanora has a reputation beyond reputenovanora has a reputation beyond reputenovanora has a reputation beyond reputenovanora has a reputation beyond reputenovanora has a reputation beyond reputenovanora has a reputation beyond reputenovanora has a reputation beyond reputenovanora has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I'd say he needs a quiet, studious coach-type, someone that can help him out with the tactical and confidence side of the game. I'd like to see him improve his net game too, but I don't see that happening at almost 28 years old
Courteau did talk a lot to Paulo in the training trying to persuade him, which is sharply compared with Norman when Paulo was training with Soderling. Norman was quiet, and almost said nothing during the training, but just felt he communicated well with Soderling by understanding with each other.

Net is one of the most difficult tecs to improve, which relies on the born talent and sense a lot. I saw Courteau specially trained Paulo's net, slice, lob a lot, both of them know where Paulo is weak at. But when playing in the matches, his net just back to the original

Quote:
It's frustrating, I guess. I'm not expecting Paulo to be a multiple-slam winner or anything, but I really feel that he has a masters, or a couple of runs to the latter stages at slams, in him. Seeing him come up just that little bit short each time, I wonder if the difference might have been a coach that was a better 'fit' for him.
Yes, he definitely should win much more, some bigger titles, deeper in the slams. I believe once he gets breakthrough in one tournament, such as beating some big player, and win some important matches, he can start stably winning more with big confidence, just like Soderling this year. His talent and tennis is there, and he can play pretty good tennis, just needs an occasion to break "that point", although that's not easy and needs some luck as well.
novanora is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 02:22 PM   #85
country flag Ome

Quote:
I don't think so. He is a hard worker by himself, he doesn't need anyone to run with him or join him in the gym. I feel he does this part of the work on his own.
Working out alone can be lonely It'd be nice to have someone (his age) to talk to. It'll be like hanging out with friends.
Old 11-11-2009, 07:00 PM   #86
country flag timafi

timafi has a reputation beyond reputetimafi has a reputation beyond reputetimafi has a reputation beyond reputetimafi has a reputation beyond reputetimafi has a reputation beyond reputetimafi has a reputation beyond reputetimafi has a reputation beyond reputetimafi has a reputation beyond reputetimafi has a reputation beyond reputetimafi has a reputation beyond reputetimafi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I don't know really

But I want someone who's not too much older than him, to start with. Someone who can come up with multiple game plans for him. I imagine someone who can sit together with him, watching tennis tapes, analyzing the game together with a glass of wine or something
what does age have to do with it?

http://fr.sports.yahoo.com/11112009/...-courteau.html

"Nous n'avons pas la même philosophie. Je souhaitais qu'il fasse un travail psychologique, dispute moins de tournois pour ne pas finir l'année en lambeaux, qu'il développe un jeu vers l'avant. Il est resté campé sur ses positions", a déclaré Courteau dans les colonnes du quotidien sportif.

there you go about the multiple game plans you just talked about! ^^^

if Roddick of all players can have somewhat of "variety" in his game why can't Mathieu?
Fox News Falsely Claims Obama Is Giving The Internet Away http://mediamatters.org/research/201...the-int/198502 South Dakota GOP lawmaker:KKK business owners deserve right to ban blacks and gays.http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/03/1...acks-and-gays/ Right-Wing Media Jump On False Report That White House Press Briefing Is "Just A Show" http://mediamatters.org/research/201...at-whit/198550 Fox Pretends Obama Did Not Replace Scrapped Missile Defense Program In Europe http://mediamatters.org/research/201...ped-mis/198517
timafi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 07:32 PM   #87
country flag Ome

Quote:
Originally Posted by timafi View Post
what does age have to do with it?

if Roddick of all players can have somewhat of "variety" in his game why can't Mathieu?
It has nothing to do with the game plan part. Most of his previous coaches were old enough to be his dad. Not that there's anything wrong with that Someone younger can be a change of atmosphere. (I have no idea how to explain my reasons in English ) I actually thought of DiP.

Roddick has THE serve. With that in the bag, you have more choices to play with.
Old 11-11-2009, 08:00 PM   #88
country flag timafi

timafi has a reputation beyond reputetimafi has a reputation beyond reputetimafi has a reputation beyond reputetimafi has a reputation beyond reputetimafi has a reputation beyond reputetimafi has a reputation beyond reputetimafi has a reputation beyond reputetimafi has a reputation beyond reputetimafi has a reputation beyond reputetimafi has a reputation beyond reputetimafi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
It has nothing to do with the game plan part. Most of his previous coaches were old enough to be his dad. Not that there's anything wrong with that Someone younger can be a change of atmosphere. (I have no idea how to explain my reasons in English ) I actually thought of DiP.

Roddick has THE serve. With that in the bag, you have more choices to play with.
yeah but Mathieu could help himself out by playing more doubles in order to get more at ease at the forecourt.That's why he has horrible record at Wimbledon,for example.I'm just saying
Fox News Falsely Claims Obama Is Giving The Internet Away http://mediamatters.org/research/201...the-int/198502 South Dakota GOP lawmaker:KKK business owners deserve right to ban blacks and gays.http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/03/1...acks-and-gays/ Right-Wing Media Jump On False Report That White House Press Briefing Is "Just A Show" http://mediamatters.org/research/201...at-whit/198550 Fox Pretends Obama Did Not Replace Scrapped Missile Defense Program In Europe http://mediamatters.org/research/201...ped-mis/198517
timafi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 08:11 PM   #89
country flag Ome

Quote:
yeah but Mathieu could help himself out by playing more doubles in order to get more at ease at the forecourt.That's why he has horrible record at Wimbledon,for example.I'm just saying
I completely agree. But I think it's too little too late now

I don't think he's that horrible on grass
Old 11-11-2009, 08:11 PM   #90
country flag Puschkin

Quote:
yeah but Mathieu could help himself out by playing more doubles in order to get more at ease at the forecourt.
I think it is very hard to learn the game at the net, if your inner nature is not oriented towards it. And I also feel it is too much to ask such a change from Paolo, he's not 21 anymore. Why not working his strengths and the serve?

~♠ Gasquetaires ♠~