Do You Believe In A "God"? - Page 40 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Do You Believe In A "God"?

Yes, I'm a Theist (Believe in holy revelation via a "Holy Book") 57 19.52%
Yes, I'm a Deist (Believe in God based upon the existence of the Universe and evolved life) 40 13.70%
Perhaps, I'm Agnostic (As there is conflicting, or a lack of, evidence you just don't know) 73 25.00%
No, I'm an Atheist (science will eventually understand the origins of the Big Bang/Universe) 122 41.78%
Voters: 292. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-07-2009, 12:21 PM   #586
country flag Clydey
Cutedey

Clydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Do You Believe In A "God"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by habibko View Post
doesn't make them right though...
No one said that it did. I don't subscribe to arguments from authority either.
Advertisement

Old 11-07-2009, 12:23 PM   #587
country flag habibko

habibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by superslam77 View Post
sure it does general
how?
habibko is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 12:26 PM   #588
country flag superslam77

superslam77 has a reputation beyond reputesuperslam77 has a reputation beyond reputesuperslam77 has a reputation beyond reputesuperslam77 has a reputation beyond reputesuperslam77 has a reputation beyond reputesuperslam77 has a reputation beyond reputesuperslam77 has a reputation beyond reputesuperslam77 has a reputation beyond reputesuperslam77 has a reputation beyond reputesuperslam77 has a reputation beyond reputesuperslam77 has a reputation beyond repute

Religion is nothing but a system for manipulation, control and greed. I always said i was agnostic to the belief in god but really, i researched what the word god really means...and in fact the god story is simply a myth.

What could exist is a deity not the so called "god".

numbers are not everything.
superslam77 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 12:28 PM   #589
country flag superslam77

superslam77 has a reputation beyond reputesuperslam77 has a reputation beyond reputesuperslam77 has a reputation beyond reputesuperslam77 has a reputation beyond reputesuperslam77 has a reputation beyond reputesuperslam77 has a reputation beyond reputesuperslam77 has a reputation beyond reputesuperslam77 has a reputation beyond reputesuperslam77 has a reputation beyond reputesuperslam77 has a reputation beyond reputesuperslam77 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
how?
well we know religions are completely false old sport. well except federism
But we can't disprove a deity somewhere in the universe, multiverse or outside of it(if there's even such a thing).

Worry not General your soul is saved because of your good reps!

Old 11-07-2009, 12:30 PM   #590
country flag habibko

habibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Religion is nothing but a system for manipulation, control and greed. I always said i was agnostic to the belief in god but really, i researched what the word god really means...and in fact the god story is simply a myth.

What could exist is a deity not the so called "god".
this thread is full of arguments that you can check for detailed answers, I said from the start that there is no right or wrong in this, it's all a matter of faith and opinion, so no smart people aren't right as you say >__>

as for religion, the flaw isn't necessarily from religion but because it's applied by humans and humans are flawed.
Old 11-07-2009, 12:42 PM   #591
country flag superslam77

Quote:
this thread is full of arguments that you can check for detailed answers, I said from the start that there is no right or wrong in this, it's all a matter of faith and opinion, so no smart people aren't right as you say >__>

as for religion, the flaw isn't necessarily from religion but because it's applied by humans and humans are flawed.
false, you need to know the intention of religion and what it really is. Research the history and evolution of religions and who are behind it.

humans are flawed but of course, that is exactly why they force us with an impossible system to make us feel guilty and give our money and loyalty to them

There a few logical steps to know the truth Commander. What i ment is that agnosticism makes more sense than being religious.

Last edited by superslam77 : 11-07-2009 at 12:48 PM.
Old 11-07-2009, 12:49 PM   #592
country flag habibko

Quote:
false, you need to know the intention of religion and what it really is. Research the history and evolution of religions and who are behind it.

humans are flawed but of course, that is exactly why they force us with an impossible system to make us feel guilty and give our money and loyalty to them

There a few logical steps to know the truth Commander.
I suppose you are having "church" in mind when you talk about religion, that's not what I think about when I talk about it.

I'm highly critical of certain forms of systematic religion (for example, Wahhabism in my country), but I don't like to put all the blame on religion as something evil by nature like many do.
Old 11-07-2009, 12:52 PM   #593
country flag habibko

Quote:
What i ment is that agnosticism makes more sense than being religious.
of course, saying "I don't know for sure" is the only logical thing when it comes to faith and religions.
Old 11-07-2009, 12:59 PM   #594
country flag superslam77

Quote:
I suppose you are having "Church" in mind when you talk about religion, that's not what I think about when I talk about it.

I'm highly critical of certain forms of systematic religion (for example, Wahabism in my country), but I don't like to put all the blame on religion as something evil by nature like many do.
But they have shaped religion into something that certainly is evil even tho the early origins of religion came from spiritualism. Religion by default come with leaders who most often than not have hidden agendas. For thousands of years it's been used for manipulation. The high priests are just puppets of the government.

And yes the reason why i have a religion in mind is because of the meaning of the word GOD. The word God is a specific Greek/Egyptian deity and not what we thought it was.

Old 11-07-2009, 01:05 PM   #595
country flag Yves.
Hrvatska!

Yves. has a reputation beyond reputeYves. has a reputation beyond reputeYves. has a reputation beyond reputeYves. has a reputation beyond reputeYves. has a reputation beyond reputeYves. has a reputation beyond reputeYves. has a reputation beyond reputeYves. has a reputation beyond reputeYves. has a reputation beyond reputeYves. has a reputation beyond reputeYves. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arend View Post
Nyborg's results are disputable. My calculations show your iq is, in fact, 10 points lower than habibko.

100 average iq
+25 for being Scottish
-100 for being British
+25 for not being English
+50 for not being American
+40 for supporting Murray
+10 for being a disagreeable ****
+10 for the Predator quote
-40 for living in the same country as Ditherless and Burrow

I think this result is true and accurate.

Can you calculate my IQ too?
Old 11-07-2009, 01:09 PM   #596
country flag habibko

Quote:
But they have shaped religion into something that certainly is evil even tho the early origins of religion came from spiritualism. Religion by default come with leaders who most often than not have hidden agendas. For thousands of years it's been used for manipulation. The high priests are just puppets of the government.

And yes the reason why i have a religion in mind is because of the meaning of the word GOD. The word God is a specific Greek/Egyptian deity and not what we thought it was.
there are so many religions in the world and throughout history: Hinduism, Buddhism, Confucianism, Taoism, Jainism, Islam, Judaism, Christianity, and primal religions of ancient tribes, just to mention a few.

do you believe all of them are evil by nature with evil leaders behind them?
Old 11-07-2009, 01:12 PM   #597
country flag superslam77

Quote:
there are so many religions in the world and throughout history: Hinduism, Buddhism, Confucianism, Taosim, Jainism, Islam, Judaism, Christianity, and primal religions of ancient tribes, just to mention a few.

do you believe all of them are evil by nature?
Exactly...there is a lot plagiarism as well. NOT ALL OF THEM ARE EVIL and some are different in nature. The more controlled they are the more dangerous it is to be a follower.

But back to the point the word GOD replaced "deity". A forced monotheism!

Most religions use the word God nowdays but again GOD is not what you think it is

Old 11-07-2009, 01:16 PM   #598
country flag habibko

Quote:
Exactly...there is a lot plagiarism as well.

But back to the point the word GOD replaced "deity". A forced monotheism!

Most religions use the word God nowdays but again GOD is not what you think it is
monotheistic religions use the term God to refer to the creator, other religions have a God along with lesser gods, or differnet countless dieties etc, I'm not sure what's the point you are trying to make
Old 11-07-2009, 01:18 PM   #599
country flag Har-Tru
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Har-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
monotheistic religions use the term God to refer to the creator, other religions have a God along with lesser gods, or differnet countless dieties etc, I'm not sure what's the point you are trying to make
I'm not sure HE knows what point he's making.

Another case of confusing God, religion and church.

Tennis has no blood passport system, and does basically no out of competition testing.

The methods and drugs used by Armstrong in 1999 would work in tennis right now, with zero chance of being caught (not slightly surprising to anyone familiar with the topic, btw).
Har-Tru is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 01:19 PM   #600
country flag superslam77

Quote:
sorry it's hard to explain but if you search for the definition, history and etymology of the word "god" you will understand what i'm trying to say.