Do You Believe In A "God"? - Page 39 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Do You Believe In A "God"?

Yes, I'm a Theist (Believe in holy revelation via a "Holy Book") 57 19.52%
Yes, I'm a Deist (Believe in God based upon the existence of the Universe and evolved life) 40 13.70%
Perhaps, I'm Agnostic (As there is conflicting, or a lack of, evidence you just don't know) 73 25.00%
No, I'm an Atheist (science will eventually understand the origins of the Big Bang/Universe) 122 41.78%
Voters: 292. You may not vote on this poll

Reply

Old 10-27-2009, 02:50 PM   #571
country flag Har-Tru
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
Har-Tru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Germany
Age: 28
Posts: 20,517
Har-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Do You Believe In A "God"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arend View Post
How your IQ calculation is done:

Average IQ 100
+40 for not supporting Nadal.
-20 for watching anime.
-30 for being a Yani fan.
-40 for supporting Federer.
+50 for not being an American.
+50 for starting a thread titled "WTF is your problem mods?"
-20 for posting in The Castle.


The result is accurate with a margin of error of plus or minus 5 points.
In all fairness the bolded bit should have got him at least 100 euros, but watching anime -100.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by philosophicalarf View Post
Armstrong says in-competition testing will never catch anyone, only out-of-competition testing and the blood passport can.

Tennis has no blood passport system, and does basically no out of competition testing.

The methods and drugs used by Armstrong in 1999 would work in tennis right now, with zero chance of being caught (not slightly surprising to anyone familiar with the topic, btw).
Har-Tru is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 10-27-2009, 02:53 PM   #572
country flag Jōris
Registered User
 
Jōris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Age: 26
Posts: 2,619
Jōris has a reputation beyond reputeJōris has a reputation beyond reputeJōris has a reputation beyond reputeJōris has a reputation beyond reputeJōris has a reputation beyond reputeJōris has a reputation beyond reputeJōris has a reputation beyond reputeJōris has a reputation beyond reputeJōris has a reputation beyond reputeJōris has a reputation beyond reputeJōris has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Do You Believe In A "God"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clydey View Post
I'm genuinely curious about your owl obsession. What is the root of your interest in those furry creatures?
I was raised by a family of owls.

That creature in your avatar looks kind of cool.
__________________
Thank you for not reporting my post.
Jōris is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 11:38 PM   #573
country flag habibko
Registered User
 
habibko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Age: 28
Posts: 19,872
habibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Do You Believe In A "God"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arend View Post
How your IQ calculation is done:

Average IQ 100
+40 for not supporting Nadal.
-20 for watching anime.
-30 for being a Yani fan.
-40 for supporting Federer.
+50 for not being an American.
+50 for starting a thread titled "WTF is your problem mods?"
-20 for posting in The Castle.


The result is accurate with a margin of error of plus or minus 5 points.


but you forgot the most important one

+100 for enjoying Arend's posts
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Federer View Post
If I can help the game of tennis with the image or with making it more popular, that’s enough for me really. I want to leave the game better off than when I came into this great game
habibko is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 11:41 PM   #574
country flag habibko
Registered User
 
habibko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Age: 28
Posts: 19,872
habibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Do You Believe In A "God"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Har-Tru View Post
I say habibko and Arend are right now cuddled together.
don't worry Hosay, our luv bridge has room for three

this thread is all about love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Har-Tru View Post
In all fairness the bolded bit should have got him at least 100 euros, but watching anime -100.
it got me an arbitrary warning

you pplz deserve negative IQ for not appreciating the true essence of Japanese arts
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Federer View Post
If I can help the game of tennis with the image or with making it more popular, that’s enough for me really. I want to leave the game better off than when I came into this great game
habibko is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 06:29 PM   #575
country flag Chiseller
Registered User
 
Chiseller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 2,705
Chiseller has a reputation beyond reputeChiseller has a reputation beyond reputeChiseller has a reputation beyond reputeChiseller has a reputation beyond reputeChiseller has a reputation beyond reputeChiseller has a reputation beyond reputeChiseller has a reputation beyond reputeChiseller has a reputation beyond reputeChiseller has a reputation beyond reputeChiseller has a reputation beyond reputeChiseller has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Do You Believe In A "God"?

Brought some oil and fire to play with.

Quote:
In 2008, intelligence researcher Helmuth Nyborg examined whether IQ relates to denomination and income, using representative data from the National Longitudinal Study of Youth, which includes intelligence tests on a representative selection of American youth, where they have also replied to questions about religious belief. His results, published in the scientific journal Intelligence demonstrated that on average, Atheists scored 1.95 IQ points higher than Agnostics, 3.82 points higher than Liberal persuasions, and 5.89 IQ points higher than Dogmatic persuasions. "I'm not saying that believing in God makes you dumber. My hypothesis is that people with a low intelligence are more easily drawn toward religions, which give answers that are certain, while people with a high intelligence are more skeptical," says the professor.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religio...belief_and_I.Q.
Chiseller is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 06:45 AM   #576
country flag superslam77
Registered User
 
superslam77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: out of this world
Posts: 6,478
superslam77 has a reputation beyond reputesuperslam77 has a reputation beyond reputesuperslam77 has a reputation beyond reputesuperslam77 has a reputation beyond reputesuperslam77 has a reputation beyond reputesuperslam77 has a reputation beyond reputesuperslam77 has a reputation beyond reputesuperslam77 has a reputation beyond reputesuperslam77 has a reputation beyond reputesuperslam77 has a reputation beyond reputesuperslam77 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Do You Believe In A "God"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arend View Post
How your IQ calculation is done:

Average IQ 100
+40 for not supporting Nadal.
-20 for watching anime.
-30 for being a Yani fan.
-40 for supporting Federer.
+50 for not being an American.
+50 for starting a thread titled "WTF is your problem mods?"
-20 for posting in The Castle.


The result is accurate with a margin of error of plus or minus 5 points.
__________________
justin bieber is not the best in history.
funk was better than rap.
techno not better than classic rock.

numbers are not everything.
superslam77 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 09:51 AM   #577
country flag Clydey
Cutedey
 
Clydey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Age: 32
Posts: 13,288
Clydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Do You Believe In A "God"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiseller View Post
Brought some oil and fire to play with.



http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religio...belief_and_I.Q.
Nice to have facts that back up something I have long maintained.
__________________
'Nous nous tournons vers l’Écosse pour trouver toutes nos idées sur la civilisation' - Voltaire
Clydey is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 10:12 AM   #578
country flag Jōris
Registered User
 
Jōris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Age: 26
Posts: 2,619
Jōris has a reputation beyond reputeJōris has a reputation beyond reputeJōris has a reputation beyond reputeJōris has a reputation beyond reputeJōris has a reputation beyond reputeJōris has a reputation beyond reputeJōris has a reputation beyond reputeJōris has a reputation beyond reputeJōris has a reputation beyond reputeJōris has a reputation beyond reputeJōris has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Do You Believe In A "God"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clydey View Post
Nice to have facts that back up something I have long maintained.
Nyborg's results are disputable. My calculations show your iq is, in fact, 10 points lower than habibko.


100 average iq
+25 for being Scottish
-100 for being British
+25 for not being English
+50 for not being American
+40 for supporting Murray
+10 for being a disagreeable ****
+10 for the Predator quote
-40 for living in the same country as Ditherless and Burrow

I think this result is true and accurate.
__________________
Thank you for not reporting my post.
Jōris is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 10:40 AM   #579
country flag Clydey
Cutedey
 
Clydey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Age: 32
Posts: 13,288
Clydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Do You Believe In A "God"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arend View Post
Nyborg's results are disputable. My calculations show your iq is, in fact, 10 points lower than habibko.


100 average iq
+25 for being Scottish
-100 for being British
+25 for not being English
+50 for not being American
+40 for supporting Murray
+10 for being a disagreeable ****
+10 for the Predator quote
-40 for living in the same country as Ditherless and Burrow

I think this result is true and accurate.


I agree with all of that.
__________________
'Nous nous tournons vers l’Écosse pour trouver toutes nos idées sur la civilisation' - Voltaire
Clydey is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 10:58 AM   #580
country flag habibko
Registered User
 
habibko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Age: 28
Posts: 19,872
habibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Do You Believe In A "God"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clydey View Post
Nice to have facts that back up something I have long maintained.
I've already refuted your argument, being smart doesn't make you right, and not all smart people are atheists.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Federer View Post
If I can help the game of tennis with the image or with making it more popular, that’s enough for me really. I want to leave the game better off than when I came into this great game
habibko is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 11:01 AM   #581
country flag Clydey
Cutedey
 
Clydey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Age: 32
Posts: 13,288
Clydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Do You Believe In A "God"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by habibko View Post
I've already refuted your argument, being smart doesn't make you right, and not all smart people are atheists.
Firstly, you didn't refute my argument. Secondly, I didn't say that all smart people are atheists. There are many smart people who believe in God.

Atheists on average, however, seem to be more intelligent. Or they at least do better on IQ tests, generally.
__________________
'Nous nous tournons vers l’Écosse pour trouver toutes nos idées sur la civilisation' - Voltaire
Clydey is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 11:08 AM   #582
country flag habibko
Registered User
 
habibko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Age: 28
Posts: 19,872
habibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Do You Believe In A "God"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clydey View Post
Firstly, you didn't refute my argument. Secondly, I didn't say that all smart people are atheists. There are many smart people who believe in God.

Atheists on average, however, seem to be more intelligent. Or they at least do better on IQ tests, generally.
agnostics are on the average smarter than religious people as well, it's because smarter people tend to question more and think for themselves, therefore they are more prone to believing in rebellious ideas like atheism than the average Joe.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Federer View Post
If I can help the game of tennis with the image or with making it more popular, that’s enough for me really. I want to leave the game better off than when I came into this great game
habibko is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 11:13 AM   #583
country flag Clydey
Cutedey
 
Clydey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Age: 32
Posts: 13,288
Clydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Do You Believe In A "God"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by habibko View Post
agnostics are on the average smarter than religious people as well, it's because smarter people tend to question more and think for themselves, therefore they are more prone to believing in rebellious ideas like atheism than the average Joe.
Precisely.
__________________
'Nous nous tournons vers l’Écosse pour trouver toutes nos idées sur la civilisation' - Voltaire
Clydey is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 11:18 AM   #584
country flag habibko
Registered User
 
habibko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Age: 28
Posts: 19,872
habibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Do You Believe In A "God"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clydey View Post
Precisely.
doesn't make them right though...
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Federer View Post
If I can help the game of tennis with the image or with making it more popular, that’s enough for me really. I want to leave the game better off than when I came into this great game
habibko is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 11:21 AM   #585
country flag superslam77
Registered User
 
superslam77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: out of this world
Posts: 6,478
superslam77 has a reputation beyond reputesuperslam77 has a reputation beyond reputesuperslam77 has a reputation beyond reputesuperslam77 has a reputation beyond reputesuperslam77 has a reputation beyond reputesuperslam77 has a reputation beyond reputesuperslam77 has a reputation beyond reputesuperslam77 has a reputation beyond reputesuperslam77 has a reputation beyond reputesuperslam77 has a reputation beyond reputesuperslam77 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Do You Believe In A "God"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by habibko View Post
doesn't make them right though...
sure it does general
__________________
justin bieber is not the best in history.
funk was better than rap.
techno not better than classic rock.

numbers are not everything.
superslam77 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios