Betfair tennis: bet on 2 players at the same time? - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 10-24-2009, 05:03 PM   #1
country flag Ace2008

Ace2008 has a reputation beyond reputeAce2008 has a reputation beyond reputeAce2008 has a reputation beyond reputeAce2008 has a reputation beyond reputeAce2008 has a reputation beyond reputeAce2008 has a reputation beyond reputeAce2008 has a reputation beyond reputeAce2008 has a reputation beyond reputeAce2008 has a reputation beyond reputeAce2008 has a reputation beyond reputeAce2008 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Betfair tennis: bet on 2 players at the same time?

Hi!
I use betfair and there is something that I don't understand...
Is it possible to bet in a match (for exemple Janko vs Ilia) on both players? Like I put 2$ on Ilian , and 2 $ on janko?
Because it seems possible... But if that happened, I would be always winning something so it's weird...
thankx
Ace2008 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-25-2009, 05:02 AM   #2
bad gambler

Default Re: Betfair tennis: bet on 2 players at the same time?

Not sure what you mean

Of course you can "back" both players and do so as many times as you like during a match. But to ensure you win on either result it would depend on the odds you get for both players (i.e. you would have to back them above $2+ less bf commission) in order to win no matter what outcome
View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 01:41 PM   #3
country flag Ace2008

Ace2008 has a reputation beyond reputeAce2008 has a reputation beyond reputeAce2008 has a reputation beyond reputeAce2008 has a reputation beyond reputeAce2008 has a reputation beyond reputeAce2008 has a reputation beyond reputeAce2008 has a reputation beyond reputeAce2008 has a reputation beyond reputeAce2008 has a reputation beyond reputeAce2008 has a reputation beyond reputeAce2008 has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, but for exemple
On betfair, you can choose your odds.

So for exemple, I can choose for exemple in "your odds" 3 (for Tipsa to win) and put 2$ (it mean that my profit will be 4$) and I choose in "your odds" 5 (for Youzhny to win) and put 2 $ which means that if he wins, I will win 8 $.

Even though I lose my other bet, I always win something (and a lot)
Ace2008 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 06:35 PM   #4
country flag KaiserT
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

KaiserT has a reputation beyond reputeKaiserT has a reputation beyond reputeKaiserT has a reputation beyond reputeKaiserT has a reputation beyond reputeKaiserT has a reputation beyond reputeKaiserT has a reputation beyond reputeKaiserT has a reputation beyond reputeKaiserT has a reputation beyond reputeKaiserT has a reputation beyond reputeKaiserT has a reputation beyond reputeKaiserT has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace2008 View Post
Yes, but for exemple

So for exemple, I can choose for exemple in "your odds" 3 (for Tipsa to win) and put 2$ (it mean that my profit will be 4$) and I choose in "your odds" 5 (for Youzhny to win) and put 2 $ which means that if he wins, I will win 8 $.

Just because you can 'choose' your odds doesnt mean that somebody else will 'choose' to take your bet.
KaiserT is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 08:47 AM   #5
country flag its.like.that
Banned!

its.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by YasmineBleeth View Post
For simple example both players would have to have odds at least @2.00 so you don't lose. But even if you somehow get that odds, the 5% commission that Betfair takes on your net winnings will screw your nice plan.

If i'm wrong please explain it to me, i really need some free cash these days
Betfair takes its commission, of 5% or lower, on your NET winnings in a market, not your gross winnings from a particular option.

Ie. you back 2 players at 2.10 for 100 euros each, your net profit is 10 euros, and your commission will be 0.5 euros (or lower).
its.like.that is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 08:48 AM   #6
country flag its.like.that
Banned!

its.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Hi!
I use betfair and there is something that I don't understand...
Is it possible to bet in a match (for exemple Janko vs Ilia) on both players? Like I put 2$ on Ilian , and 2 $ on janko?
Because it seems possible... But if that happened, I would be always winning something so it's weird...
thankx
Yes, it is possible to back both players and make a risk free profit. When looking at a market on betfair, if the backing % (the % number on the "back" side of the market) is below 100%, then this can be done (for a certain amount of money). Conversely, when the laying % is above 100%, this also means that there is risk free profit to be made.

Alternatively, you can create your own "book" of above 100% by using different bookies/exchanges, by placing bets/having bets matched at different times due to price fluctuations - which is the main aim of most live bettors.

Most people understand that backing each player in a match at 2.10 can result in a risk free profit, whilst they do not realise that backing one player in a match at 3.10 and the other at 1.60 is more or less the same thing.

The easiest way to try and calculate whether it is possible to make a risk free profit in your head, is to take the (decimal) odds of each player, subtract 1 (so that you are left with net odds), and multiply the two together.

If the number is higher than 1, there is free profit to be made.
If the number is equal to 1, you shall neither win nor lose money (be wary of commissions).
If the number is lower than 1, you will be taking on some form of risk.

The following is a brief list of "par" odds. If you can get better than this in the same market, by all means take it:

2.00-2.00
1.90-2.11 (approx)
1.80-2.25
1.70-2.42(approx)
1.60-2.67(approx)
1.50-3.00
1.40-3.50
1.30-4.33(approx)
1.25-5.00
1.20-6.00
1.15-7.66(approx)
1.10-11
1.05-21
1.01-101

Betfair operates by taking commission on a percentage of your net winnings after the event, whilst most bookies effectively take their commission out by giving you lower odds to being with. You will notice that bookies will never (deliberately) offer the above listed odds pairings.
its.like.that is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 08:53 AM   #7
country flag alansk

alansk has a reputation beyond reputealansk has a reputation beyond reputealansk has a reputation beyond reputealansk has a reputation beyond reputealansk has a reputation beyond reputealansk has a reputation beyond reputealansk has a reputation beyond reputealansk has a reputation beyond reputealansk has a reputation beyond reputealansk has a reputation beyond reputealansk has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Yes, but for exemple

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaiserT View Post

Just because you can 'choose' your odds doesnt mean that somebody else will 'choose' to take your bet.
funny that ace chooses odds of 3 for tipsa and 5 for youzhny. why not 1000 for both?! easy money

Last edited by alansk : 10-28-2009 at 09:37 AM.
alansk is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 09:25 AM   #8
country flag Julio
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

Julio has a reputation beyond reputeJulio has a reputation beyond reputeJulio has a reputation beyond reputeJulio has a reputation beyond reputeJulio has a reputation beyond reputeJulio has a reputation beyond reputeJulio has a reputation beyond reputeJulio has a reputation beyond reputeJulio has a reputation beyond reputeJulio has a reputation beyond reputeJulio has a reputation beyond repute

Thread of the year imo.
Julio is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote