Polish tennis players!!!! Cheering and scores thread - Page 8 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 12-24-2007, 09:57 AM   #106
country flag dijus
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

dijus has a reputation beyond reputedijus has a reputation beyond reputedijus has a reputation beyond reputedijus has a reputation beyond reputedijus has a reputation beyond reputedijus has a reputation beyond reputedijus has a reputation beyond reputedijus has a reputation beyond reputedijus has a reputation beyond reputedijus has a reputation beyond reputedijus has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Polish it 2006 !!!! Cheering and scores thread

My wish would be Radwanska in top20, Przysiężny coming back after injury with great year and top100 and Matka/Fryta on TMC again
dijus is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-01-2008, 12:47 PM   #107
country flag Kristen
MTF. Never changes!

Kristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond repute

Lukasz broke his rib about a week ago (or, it was diagnosed then)... so he'll be out for a while.

♥Jonas Björkman Jim Thomas♥
Larsson ~ Legner ~ Scheffers ~ Kruszelnicki ~ Cattaneo ~ Jonsson ~ Andersson
Kristen is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 09:55 AM   #108
country flag Kristen
MTF. Never changes!

Kristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond repute

You guys have probably seen this...but I just found it and think it's adorable! He usually looks so intense on court
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 79012122.jpg (26.1 KB, 18 views)

♥Jonas Björkman Jim Thomas♥
Larsson ~ Legner ~ Scheffers ~ Kruszelnicki ~ Cattaneo ~ Jonsson ~ Andersson
Old 01-23-2008, 05:17 PM   #109
country flag JustJames
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

JustJames has a reputation beyond reputeJustJames has a reputation beyond reputeJustJames has a reputation beyond reputeJustJames has a reputation beyond reputeJustJames has a reputation beyond reputeJustJames has a reputation beyond reputeJustJames has a reputation beyond reputeJustJames has a reputation beyond reputeJustJames has a reputation beyond reputeJustJames has a reputation beyond reputeJustJames has a reputation beyond repute

hey to everyone in the thread. [] Just got back from the Sheffield F2 Futures event [in England] and want to report Wojciech Starakiewicz, a 19 year old Polish player. Came through three rounds of qualifying to reach R1 where he beat Ken Skupski in three sets. His game seems ok, not technically perfect but pretty effective however it is his personality that drew everyone in. His gamesmanship is actually brilliant to watch although he does annoy his fellow players. Here's the report I wrote about the match:

'And then there was possibly my favourite match of the day; Poland's Wojciech Starakiewicz against Ken Skupski. The Pole had gone through three rounds of qualifying and word quickly got round about his on-court antics, more spectators/players/coaches watched this match than any other. Starakiewicz 's strokes looked technically quite poor ]based on my poor knowledge of stroke production] yet they were effective and he was able to move Skupski around and produce some nice winners. His serve was of a good quality but you nearly fell asleep wating for it as he demanded all 4 balls at the beginning of every one of his service points, strolled up towards to the service line and then to the back of court before he would finally serve. During points he regularily demanded a let when a stray ball came close to the court, notably when Ken was on top. If he won an important/long point/passing shot he would shout 'Thats the shot!', 'Amazing shot'.. and many others that I have forgotten. On top of this there was his on court manerisms which all of the players watching seemed to have a distaste for and Ken, walking back to serve, called him a 'd******d'. During the first set Ken played pretty bad, spraying forehands a foot or so long on a regular basis and it looked like he was going to go down in two easy sets, but he managed to grind his way back into the match and take the second set. The play was fairly equal by the third set and it really was difficult to predict which way it was going to go, although Ken did seem to have the slight upper hand. Ken had two match points during the final tiebreak but Starakiewicz handled the pressure amazingly considering that was to be his first ATP ranking point and [questionably] deservedly won. He also treated everyone to a Federer style collapse on the court after taking his MP... Funny/annoying guy! '

That piece doesn't really do his antics justice.. He's a great character to watch and I found that when it came to day two I was looking forward to his match the most [although I don't know how it ended as I left before it finished..]

Just noticed that a fellow poster on 'britishtennis.net' wrote this about him:

'
Disappointing for Ken, though I'm pleased for the young Pole, everyone has been charmed by him, he gets a bus from his £20 a night guest house to the centre every day to save on the taxi fare, dont know how many of the British players are on the bus but I reckon not many, that's his first ever point, and so maybe Skupster can forgive him this one.'

If you can get to see this guy I would recommend it as he is definitely a character to say the least..

Supporting British tennis at: http://www.freewebs.com/britishtennis/
JustJames is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 03:14 PM   #110
country flag salinas

salinas has a reputation beyond reputesalinas has a reputation beyond reputesalinas has a reputation beyond reputesalinas has a reputation beyond reputesalinas has a reputation beyond reputesalinas has a reputation beyond reputesalinas has a reputation beyond reputesalinas has a reputation beyond reputesalinas has a reputation beyond reputesalinas has a reputation beyond reputesalinas has a reputation beyond repute

First of all, thanks James for the long and interesting reports

Good to hear some nice stories about our fellow players playing abroad. Wojciech Starakiewicz is definitely a great character to watch, unfortunately so long he is one of the most underestimated players in Poland. I can’t however agree with your statement that he has a poor technique. In fact good technique and a very wide variety of shots is one of his biggest strengths. He still lacks some experience on the tour, but the current year should be the crucial one to change it. He has a very good coach (trains in the Netherlands with Michiel Schapers) and he is very ambitious, so I am sure You will have a chance to see him again.

Regards for all the fans from 'britishtennis.net'
salinas is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 11:46 AM   #111
country flag tennis24.pl

tennis24.pl is on a distinguished road

i think Jerzy Janowicz is the most talented polish players. In next year he is going to first 200 ranking ATP.

www.tennis24.pl - the best polish tennis service!

If you want be a newsman in my site you must send message to me: a.milosz@tennis24.pl
tennis24.pl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 09:39 PM   #112
country flag JustJames
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

JustJames has a reputation beyond reputeJustJames has a reputation beyond reputeJustJames has a reputation beyond reputeJustJames has a reputation beyond reputeJustJames has a reputation beyond reputeJustJames has a reputation beyond reputeJustJames has a reputation beyond reputeJustJames has a reputation beyond reputeJustJames has a reputation beyond reputeJustJames has a reputation beyond reputeJustJames has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by salinas View Post
First of all, thanks James for the long and interesting reports

Good to hear some nice stories about our fellow players playing abroad. Wojciech Starakiewicz is definitely a great character to watch, unfortunately so long he is one of the most underestimated players in Poland. I can’t however agree with your statement that he has a poor technique. In fact good technique and a very wide variety of shots is one of his biggest strengths. He still lacks some experience on the tour, but the current year should be the crucial one to change it. He has a very good coach (trains in the Netherlands with Michiel Schapers) and he is very ambitious, so I am sure You will have a chance to see him again.

Regards for all the fans from 'britishtennis.net'
Yes you are probably correct Salinas with regards to Starakiewicz's technique; as I stated in the report above I am hardly a beacon of knowledge when it comes to technique! You are certainly correct about the variety within his game, he seemed to have solid groundstrokes on either side, well equipped at the net and a consistent and well placed serve.

I may be wrong but I wouldn't imagine tennis in general being all that popular in Poland!?! However if Starakiewicz is able to climb the rankings he would most likely gain some fans due to his personality..

Supporting British tennis at: http://www.freewebs.com/britishtennis/
JustJames is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 03:00 AM   #113
country flag Kristen
MTF. Never changes!

Rotterdam. So cute
Old 03-09-2008, 12:46 PM   #114
country flag dijus
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

dijus has a reputation beyond reputedijus has a reputation beyond reputedijus has a reputation beyond reputedijus has a reputation beyond reputedijus has a reputation beyond reputedijus has a reputation beyond reputedijus has a reputation beyond reputedijus has a reputation beyond reputedijus has a reputation beyond reputedijus has a reputation beyond reputedijus has a reputation beyond repute

thanks James'tod (better late than never )
Old 12-22-2008, 10:07 PM   #115
country flag Baghdatis#1

Baghdatis#1 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis#1 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis#1 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis#1 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis#1 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis#1 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis#1 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis#1 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis#1 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis#1 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis#1 has a reputation beyond repute

bump

Through the good and the bad, always my #1, no matter what the rankings say
Baghdatis#1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 06:14 AM   #116
country flag Kristen
MTF. Never changes!

Some very very late photos from Aus Open 2008 [vs Pavel/Johansson].
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PICT1858.JPG (225.5 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg PICT1860.JPG (274.3 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg PICT1865.JPG (102.3 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg PICT1866.JPG (75.0 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg PICT1867.JPG (206.0 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg PICT1869.JPG (97.9 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg PICT1873.JPG (226.7 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg PICT1874.JPG (126.3 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg PICT1875.JPG (78.7 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg PICT1876.JPG (115.4 KB, 3 views)
Old 01-06-2009, 12:44 AM   #117
country flag Baghdatis#1

Baghdatis#1 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis#1 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis#1 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis#1 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis#1 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis#1 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis#1 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis#1 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis#1 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis#1 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis#1 has a reputation beyond repute

Vote for Kubot here:
http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=135599

Through the good and the bad, always my #1, no matter what the rankings say
Baghdatis#1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 12:39 PM   #118
country flag Kristen
MTF. Never changes!

Default Re: Polish it 2008 !!!! Cheering and scores thread

Training, this morning.

Sorry, I know this is the 'scores and cheering' thread, but I figure its the most active one for them in here =)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PICT2876.JPG (85.7 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg PICT2878.JPG (138.4 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg PICT2882.JPG (143.0 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg PICT2888.JPG (89.4 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg PICT2954.JPG (215.1 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg PICT2955.JPG (71.7 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg PICT2956.JPG (84.8 KB, 3 views)
Old 10-22-2009, 08:01 PM   #119
country flag COMA

COMA has a reputation beyond reputeCOMA has a reputation beyond reputeCOMA has a reputation beyond reputeCOMA has a reputation beyond reputeCOMA has a reputation beyond reputeCOMA has a reputation beyond reputeCOMA has a reputation beyond reputeCOMA has a reputation beyond reputeCOMA has a reputation beyond reputeCOMA has a reputation beyond reputeCOMA has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Polish it 2008 !!!! Cheering and scores thread

bump
COMA is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote