MTF Fantasy Basketball - Page 31 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 10-05-2009, 11:41 AM   #451
country flag qczi

qczi has a reputation beyond reputeqczi has a reputation beyond reputeqczi has a reputation beyond reputeqczi has a reputation beyond reputeqczi has a reputation beyond reputeqczi has a reputation beyond reputeqczi has a reputation beyond reputeqczi has a reputation beyond reputeqczi has a reputation beyond reputeqczi has a reputation beyond reputeqczi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: MTF Fantasy Basketball

in (hope for a better draft position this year )
too bad deck and bg dont want to participate

by the way any h2h category works for me, but im all for a slightly larger roster size
qczi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-05-2009, 12:37 PM   #452
country flag adee-gee
_._._._._._

adee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond repute

Hmmm I'm undecided, not sure if I can be bothered

I'll let you know in the next few days.
adee-gee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 05:29 AM   #453
country flag Fensler
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Fensler has a reputation beyond reputeFensler has a reputation beyond reputeFensler has a reputation beyond reputeFensler has a reputation beyond reputeFensler has a reputation beyond reputeFensler has a reputation beyond reputeFensler has a reputation beyond reputeFensler has a reputation beyond reputeFensler has a reputation beyond reputeFensler has a reputation beyond reputeFensler has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibberz View Post
"H2H: Points" definitely requires the least amount of skill out of any of the H2H formats because you don't really have to factor in a player's entire skill set. With the other two formats you have to think twice about players who suck at FTs, shoot a low FG%, and turn the ball over too much. The other formats are superior because you're forced to assemble a balanced team.

"H2H: Each category" is good, but you sometimes end the week with results. For example, nobody wants to see JayJay vs. Adam end at 5-5-2. It's always best to have clear winners/losers at the end of the week.

"H2H: Most Categories" has the best of both worlds--it requires a fair amount of skill, and you're sure to experience either the thrill of victory or the agony of defeat.

I'd definitely be willing to play either "H2H: Each Category" or "H2H: Most Categories."
High-quality post.

Again, I'll play just about any fantasy hoops format - and enjoy it.

However, I also need to cast a vote here. And BD is correct. H2H: Most Categories retains some of the worthwhile aspects of standard roto (for instance, emphasis on well-rounded players and balanced rosters due to a variety of statistical columns) while producing the excitement and lively banter of head-to-head match-ups that end with a clear-cut winner each week.

So, H2H: Most Categories gets my vote.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibberz View Post
Some other tips for H2H fantasy basketball:

-Slightly larger roster sizes tend to work better.
-Set a maximum number of transactions, and don't set it too high (i.e. definitely not higher than 50). Otherwise managers can win matchups simply by adding/dropping more than anyone else. Boring.
Indeed.

Pre-Copernican beliefs in the modern world: "56% think the Sun rotates around the Earth."
---

When you do things right, people won’t be sure you’ve done anything at all.
Fensler is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 12:12 PM   #454
country flag jayjay

jayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayjay View Post
In.

H2H Points.
Actually, I have to withdraw.
jayjay is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 07:51 AM   #455
country flag Bibberz
RAJ KAREGA KHALSA

Bibberz has a reputation beyond reputeBibberz has a reputation beyond reputeBibberz has a reputation beyond reputeBibberz has a reputation beyond reputeBibberz has a reputation beyond reputeBibberz has a reputation beyond reputeBibberz has a reputation beyond reputeBibberz has a reputation beyond reputeBibberz has a reputation beyond reputeBibberz has a reputation beyond reputeBibberz has a reputation beyond repute

Is anything happening here?