November Nine the big day of poker, WSOP 2009 Main Event final table - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 10-15-2009, 01:13 PM   #1
country flag Kraxths

Kraxths has a reputation beyond reputeKraxths has a reputation beyond reputeKraxths has a reputation beyond reputeKraxths has a reputation beyond reputeKraxths has a reputation beyond reputeKraxths has a reputation beyond reputeKraxths has a reputation beyond reputeKraxths has a reputation beyond reputeKraxths has a reputation beyond reputeKraxths has a reputation beyond reputeKraxths has a reputation beyond repute
Default November Nine the big day of poker, WSOP 2009 Main Event final table

Eric Buchman to win the World Series Of Poker Main Event bracelet @ 6

The final table consists of nine players, 7 US poker players, between them the seven WSOP bracelets winner and one of most famous poker players, Phil Ivey, and two from Europe, the Brit James Akenhead and the French Antoine Saout.

The chip leader is Darvion Moon with 58,930,000 chips. He is an amateur who started playing poker three years ago and is a logger who works with a chainsaw in the woods of western Maryland (!). He has ran great in the tournament, having some great amount of luck in his hands, something that he himself admits in his interviews: "My cards ran like that the whole tournament. I didn't hardly have to play poker. I mean, I didn't have to gamble at all," says Moon. "I never had my chip stack all in at any time the whole tournament. It's great to have cards that run like that for eight days." Moon is the favourite according to all books, obviously because of his huge chip lead.
Third in the chip lead is a 47 year old former executive with Bear Stearns, one of the famous securities firms that collapsed in 2008, who starts with 29,889,00 chips and he is set as the fourth favourite by the books.
Jeff Schulman, who starts with 19,580,000 chips is 7th in chip count, but the 4th favourite according to bookies. Schulman is well known to poker fans, as he is poker player for many years, plus the editor of the magazine "Card plyer". Schulman has made a WSOP main Event final table in 2000, when it was won by Chris "Jesus" Ferguson. Schulman stated "I'm shocked that people wear those ugly things while they play. I actually made a joke with one guy at our table, like who would actually wear a gold bracelet. ... I don't even wear a wedding ring,"
Joseph Cada, is the youngest player on the final table - 21 years old - He is a poker pro and will try to break Peter Eastgate last year's record of being the youngest Main Event champion. He starts with 13,215,000 chips.
Next,Kevin Schaffel is a 51 y.o semi-retired operator of a printing company and starts with 12,390,00 chips.
Phil Ivey starts the final table 8th in chip count, but he is settled as the second favourite and I guess he will be a public play. I guess I dont have to mention many things about Ivey, he is one of the greatest in the poker world.
Finally, the two Europeans are too shortstacked to manage something great in this final table. Akenhead is a poker pro (6,800,000 chips), while Saout managed to go to the World Series of Poker through an online satellite(9,500,000 chips).

The guy I am betting on is a US poker pro, Eric Buchman and starts the final table as 2nd in chip count with 34,800,000 chips. He is 28 and seems to be at his peak, having also won the 6th place in WSOP Event 25 - Omaha/Seven Card Stud HL/8 or Better $2,500 buy-in. Here are som of Buchman's winnings so far in tournaments: http://www.bluffmagazine.com/players...er-profile.asp
Kraxths is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote