Are you a xenophile? - Page 4 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 10-08-2009, 02:32 AM   #46
country flag GlennMirnyi
Banned!

GlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Are you a xenophile?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nastasya View Post
How could law not be present? Legislation exists everywhere.
Did you mean execution?

I think you used the wrong pronoun.
I think I was typing fast because I had to change tabs before my teacher saw what website I was in.

I don't even know anymore what I meant.

About the lack of law, it means the justice system is so slow and inefficient that some stuff is settled in other ways, not under the law, because it's expected it won't work.
GlennMirnyi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-09-2009, 12:17 AM   #47
country flag Ilovetheblues_86

Ilovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nastasya View Post
Yes, most people are probably sold on this touristy image of Brazil and that's what stands out in their minds.
And as for the carvival, people probably don't think that the gorgeous dancers are mostly from the poorer levels of society and that once the show is over, most of them go back to their everyday lives in the favellas and that isn't much of a glamurous life.
(as my favourite Brazilian once explained to me )

I always thought life in Brazil seams pretty rough, what with the rampant corruption and the mindset that is still a little hung-up on the post-colonial era and it's chaotic values and alpha male struggles and mindset.
Overall, I just think the image of Brazil is being successfully spun by the media but it's as far from a paradise as it can be.
I feel anyway that corruption and alpha male mindsets are getting better...
The stock market by the way is very good. Brazil´s finances are getting really better.
Like Glenn said, its not as good as we think but not as bad as we are supposed to imagine.
You are invited to know the beautiesof Terra Papagalis anytime

MAY THE SPIRIT OF KOSTAS PROTECT US
Ilovetheblues_86 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 10:42 AM   #48
country flag Harmless

Harmless has a reputation beyond reputeHarmless has a reputation beyond reputeHarmless has a reputation beyond reputeHarmless has a reputation beyond reputeHarmless has a reputation beyond reputeHarmless has a reputation beyond reputeHarmless has a reputation beyond reputeHarmless has a reputation beyond reputeHarmless has a reputation beyond reputeHarmless has a reputation beyond reputeHarmless has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlennMirnyi View Post
I think I was typing fast because I had to change tabs before my teacher saw what website I was in.

I don't even know anymore what I meant.
Well it's certainly great to see that you put a lot of thought and effort into your posts.

Quote:
About the lack of law, it means the justice system is so slow and inefficient that some stuff is settled in other ways, not under the law, because it's expected it won't work.
Thanks, capt. Obvious, I gathered that much.
Well, Brazil is a huge country, and the legal system is always slow, everywhere, so I would assume that keeping regulations current and updated on a nation-wide basis would demand a huge amount of work and effort, and I guess there's just no political will to put more funding into it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilovetheblues_86 View Post
I feel anyway that corruption and alpha male mindsets are getting better...
The stock market by the way is very good. Brazil´s finances are getting really better.
I read about that, yeah. I never said that I thought Brazil had no power, on the contrary, I believe that it's well on it's way to becoming one of the major global superpowers, I just said that I thought this whole "beaches, women, parties" reputation is only a glossed-over media image, with no thought of the consequences of such propaganda.

Quote:
Like Glenn said, its not as good as we think but not as bad as we are supposed to imagine.
You are invited to know the beauties of Terra Papagalis anytime
kk.
Is there tea there? If yes, I'm in.

Harmless is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 01:03 PM   #49
country flag ShotmaKer
Unregistered User

ShotmaKer has a reputation beyond reputeShotmaKer has a reputation beyond reputeShotmaKer has a reputation beyond reputeShotmaKer has a reputation beyond reputeShotmaKer has a reputation beyond reputeShotmaKer has a reputation beyond reputeShotmaKer has a reputation beyond reputeShotmaKer has a reputation beyond reputeShotmaKer has a reputation beyond reputeShotmaKer has a reputation beyond reputeShotmaKer has a reputation beyond repute

New Zealand

instagram.com/ballstriker
Y'all are gobbling like a confused turkey !
ShotmaKer is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 01:17 PM   #50
country flag Dini

Dini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond repute

Japan, France, Italy, Spain, Morocco, Tunisia, Austria, Switzerland (Alps), Australia.
Old 10-09-2009, 07:45 PM   #51
Ivanatis

Ivanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SloKid View Post
The city of Brugge.
good choice, it's Bruges though
Ivanatis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 07:51 PM   #52
country flag JolánGagó
Banned!

JolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deck View Post
It's Brugge in the native language of the place.
JolánGagó is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 08:04 PM   #53
Ivanatis

Ivanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond repute

I know. But it sounds kinda weird anyway, at least to me, like writing I live in Deutschland.
Ivanatis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 08:35 PM   #54
country flag SloKid
In hiding.

SloKid has a reputation beyond reputeSloKid has a reputation beyond reputeSloKid has a reputation beyond reputeSloKid has a reputation beyond reputeSloKid has a reputation beyond reputeSloKid has a reputation beyond reputeSloKid has a reputation beyond reputeSloKid has a reputation beyond reputeSloKid has a reputation beyond reputeSloKid has a reputation beyond reputeSloKid has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deck View Post
I don't accept anything but Brugge. And neither do the locals I would suspect.
SloKid is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote