Planning a trip to New York - would appreciate some help! - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 10-05-2009, 04:23 AM   #16
country flag savesthedizzle
#freeviktor

savesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Planning a trip to New York - would appreciate some help!

Okay, I have some time to type now

Staying in NJ is only good if you don't really plan on going out at night... NJ Transit stops leaving Penn Station around 1:42 am. (Not that I ever take that train or anything ) Plus there is nothing to see or do in New Jersey itself (I hate to say) except go to the shore, but I mean the best beaches are way in the south of the state and there is too much else to see, I doubt you'd want to go all the way to Wildwood.

So that said, I would just try to find a cheaper hostel/hotel in NYC like Adam said. There is a lot to see in NYC especially if you are doing tennis also If you want to save money, stay in one of the other boroughs instead of Manhattan (like Queens or Brooklyn) as those will be less expensive.

If you do want to explore DC, it is too far from NYC (I think) for just a day trip, and also too much to see. From where I live in central NJ it's about a 4 hour drive to DC, so from NYC it would be about 5 hour drive and trains probably aren't any faster. You'd maybe want 2-3 days there to do museums and monuments, but there's still no way to do everything.

Honestly it depends on how much tennis you plan on doing, whether a side trip to Washington DC would be worthwhile or not. Another option would be Boston, which from NYC is about the same distance I think if you only have a week and you plan on doing several days of tennis, there is a lot to see within NYC itself

savesthedizzle is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-05-2009, 09:52 PM   #17
country flag star_of_dusk

star_of_dusk has a reputation beyond reputestar_of_dusk has a reputation beyond reputestar_of_dusk has a reputation beyond reputestar_of_dusk has a reputation beyond reputestar_of_dusk has a reputation beyond reputestar_of_dusk has a reputation beyond reputestar_of_dusk has a reputation beyond reputestar_of_dusk has a reputation beyond reputestar_of_dusk has a reputation beyond reputestar_of_dusk has a reputation beyond reputestar_of_dusk has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troickitard View Post
I cannot believe you mentioned Knoebel's I used to go camping there every summer I think it's a slight exaggeration to call it an amazing amusement park But it is certainly amazing for the price! And the funnel cake is and I love that ice cream at the place that has that water wheel thing. But it is quite out of the way and not all that exciting for an overseas visitor who only has a week here
Hahahahaha, maybe a slight exaggeration, but I only live about 30 miles away from it in winfield! So I love it. My favorite ride for sure is the cosmotron! There's bigger and better amusement parks for sure. But hey, I'm trying to save him some money by recommending the largest admission free park in america (knoebal's advertisement claim, I have actually no idea if it's true). Have you ever been to the bloomsburg fair?

I'll remember you this way
star_of_dusk is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 12:14 AM   #18
country flag savesthedizzle
#freeviktor

savesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by star_of_dusk View Post
Hahahahaha, maybe a slight exaggeration, but I only live about 30 miles away from it in winfield! So I love it. My favorite ride for sure is the cosmotron! There's bigger and better amusement parks for sure. But hey, I'm trying to save him some money by recommending the largest admission free park in america (knoebal's advertisement claim, I have actually no idea if it's true). Have you ever been to the bloomsburg fair?
No, lol I haven't been to the fair I haven't even been to Knoebels for quite a while.

My favorite ride is the Phoenix for sure The haunted house is not bad either And I like the regular flume (Not that newer Skloosh or whatever it is that gets you totally soaked )

OH! And the Carousel It was the highlight of my childhood when I was finally tall enough to be able to reach the brass rings

savesthedizzle is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 01:19 PM   #19
country flag star_of_dusk

star_of_dusk has a reputation beyond reputestar_of_dusk has a reputation beyond reputestar_of_dusk has a reputation beyond reputestar_of_dusk has a reputation beyond reputestar_of_dusk has a reputation beyond reputestar_of_dusk has a reputation beyond reputestar_of_dusk has a reputation beyond reputestar_of_dusk has a reputation beyond reputestar_of_dusk has a reputation beyond reputestar_of_dusk has a reputation beyond reputestar_of_dusk has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troickitard View Post
No, lol I haven't been to the fair I haven't even been to Knoebels for quite a while.

My favorite ride is the Phoenix for sure The haunted house is not bad either And I like the regular flume (Not that newer Skloosh or whatever it is that gets you totally soaked )

OH! And the Carousel It was the highlight of my childhood when I was finally tall enough to be able to reach the brass rings
I asked because the fair was this week, I don't usually go because it's pretty much the same every year. Not going to lie, the Skloosh (and the bridge) are a little too much for me, but it's fun to watch the people get soaked. I do like the flume because it's more than just up and then down. There's a new ride that they have been working on for like 3 years. I don't think it's ever going to open, it's called flying turns and all i know is its some kind of rollercoaster. but yeah that's so funny you knew knoebals.

I'll remember you this way
star_of_dusk is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote