The biggest win of my short tennis experience, and it was all S&V - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 10-03-2009, 02:23 AM   #1
country flag Caio_Brasil

Caio_Brasil has a reputation beyond reputeCaio_Brasil has a reputation beyond reputeCaio_Brasil has a reputation beyond reputeCaio_Brasil has a reputation beyond reputeCaio_Brasil has a reputation beyond reputeCaio_Brasil has a reputation beyond reputeCaio_Brasil has a reputation beyond reputeCaio_Brasil has a reputation beyond reputeCaio_Brasil has a reputation beyond reputeCaio_Brasil has a reputation beyond reputeCaio_Brasil has a reputation beyond repute
Default The biggest win of my short tennis experience, and it was all S&V

Great day for me today, had my best display in a tennis court since I started playing and achieved one of the few wins I have and the biggest one for sure.

I was playing against this guy from the university who claims to have been 3rd class in the State federation (although some people siad it was a lie and probably it was ) but he for sure have played way many more times than I had (this must have been like the 10th time I entered a tennis court). The bet was if I won 3 games in one of the sets he would pay me a lunch in the Bandejão (the Uni's lunch system) otherwise I would pay.

My confidence was good as I had hit with him for 10 minutes last week and realized I wasn't that worse than him, and today in the morning I did hit with another friend and my volleys were way better than the other times I played. First set went pretty equilibrated with many games going to deuce, but I took very bad deicisions in those moments and lost it 2-6, being 1 game away from winning the bet. I would have to win 3 games in the other set to get the $1,90 prize

As in the first set, I kept serving-and-volleying all the time (which is the most enjoyable way to play tennis that's for sure) and thing started to go to my side. I got pretty consistent with my first serves in and stopped missing the volleys. In my service games I think I went to the net more than 80% of the points, and in his service games I also tried to go to the net the faster I could. I opened an early lead of 4-0, won my bet and then I started to know the guy's personality.

All kind of excuses started to appear. He said he was extremely tired because he had hit with a million other people in the morning (as I hadn't hit in the 33ºC as well, did workout and had an intense swimming training session before playing). For me it was pretty clear he was desperate of losing to a much more unexperienced guy than him and many of our friends knew we would play, so it would get kinda embarrassing to him. I understand his side, but his overreactions were unbeliavable. He got the set closer to 4-3*, but I sticked to my gameplan and won it 6-3, which was already a big win for me. At this moment he had already smashed a racket (although he didn't break it) and after I clinched the set he threw one ball away of the court.

We started the match-tiebreak and when it was 2-2 he started to fake an sprained ankle. The sequency of facts after that were ridiculous if not funny. I won the following point on his serve, but he invented a bad call and we replayed the point (every time he tried to call the points to his side I kept cool and did what he said). I won it again and he almost felt in the floor claiming he could barely walk. I then served in the next point, made him run and won the point at the net, opening 4-2. He said he couldn't finished it and that we could finish another day. I said it was OK and started to hit with another friend. Amazingly, 10 minutes after that he said maybe he could finish our match.

He went back, I kept playing my game, opened 6-5 I guess, but he played some good points and opened 9-6. I saved 2 MP's serving-and-volleying and played a very good and brave point to save the third one. I wasted a couple of MP's as well, but finally clinched the win with 13-11. He simply threw the racket out of the court, almost hitting my friend and left the court very angry. I couldn't even believe in what I was seeing, never saw such a bad loser. I used to had good talks about tennis with him but I got very dissappointed after what he did today, it was ridiculous.

Anyway, thing is I'm very happy with the way I played today and with some good shots I was able to do, specially at the net. Although I'm way below the level of most amateur players, today I realized I can play against some guys better than me and feel a little bit of the excitement of tennis.

Sorry for the long text
Caio_Brasil is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-03-2009, 02:35 AM   #2
country flag GustavoM_Fan

GustavoM_Fan has a reputation beyond reputeGustavoM_Fan has a reputation beyond reputeGustavoM_Fan has a reputation beyond reputeGustavoM_Fan has a reputation beyond reputeGustavoM_Fan has a reputation beyond reputeGustavoM_Fan has a reputation beyond reputeGustavoM_Fan has a reputation beyond reputeGustavoM_Fan has a reputation beyond reputeGustavoM_Fan has a reputation beyond reputeGustavoM_Fan has a reputation beyond reputeGustavoM_Fan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The biggest win of my short tennis experience, and it was all S&V

good one Caio

are u learning technique for groundstrokes from the back?
what about the serveS? u use any variation when u go to the net? or u simply run serve and run to the net

Quote:
Originally Posted by kostas kastoria View Post
HELlas ole ole
thanks felip for your help.i m priciate u friend
GustavoM_Fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 02:45 AM   #3
country flag Ilovetheblues_86

Ilovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond repute

No way a third class would lost a set to someone who only plays tennis for less than one year. The guy was a great liar.
What I believe is that you might be playing well. Took any classes?
By the way, can u play with me next tuesday in the morning?

MAY THE SPIRIT OF KOSTAS PROTECT US
Ilovetheblues_86 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 02:48 AM   #4
country flag Caio_Brasil

Caio_Brasil has a reputation beyond reputeCaio_Brasil has a reputation beyond reputeCaio_Brasil has a reputation beyond reputeCaio_Brasil has a reputation beyond reputeCaio_Brasil has a reputation beyond reputeCaio_Brasil has a reputation beyond reputeCaio_Brasil has a reputation beyond reputeCaio_Brasil has a reputation beyond reputeCaio_Brasil has a reputation beyond reputeCaio_Brasil has a reputation beyond reputeCaio_Brasil has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GustavoM_Fan View Post
good one Caio

are u learning technique for groundstrokes from the back?
what about the serveS? u use any variation when u go to the net? or u simply run serve and run to the net
I can hit the forehand not so bad but it can get much better, ball is a little bit high still and I 'm not sure if I can answer fast shots with it. backhand is pretty poor yet, I need to get some practice to improve it. thing is I don't have many time to play so I can't get a routine of practicing.

I don't use many variation, most of the times I just serve and run to the net sometimes I try to speed the serve up (I try the Roddick/Monfils motion, I got it easier than the traditional serve) and when it goes in it's pretty fast and it helps me, but most of the times I want to rush to the net I try to serve a little bit slower and deep.

I think I'll stick to this serve-and-volley game, no need to practice the background strokes that much
Old 10-03-2009, 02:49 AM   #5
country flag Caio_Brasil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilovetheblues_86 View Post
No way a third class would lost a set to someone who only plays tennis for less than one year. The guy was a great liar.
Friday afternoon/night suits better for me... is this a good time for you?
Old 10-03-2009, 02:55 AM   #6
country flag GustavoM_Fan

GustavoM_Fan has a reputation beyond reputeGustavoM_Fan has a reputation beyond reputeGustavoM_Fan has a reputation beyond reputeGustavoM_Fan has a reputation beyond reputeGustavoM_Fan has a reputation beyond reputeGustavoM_Fan has a reputation beyond reputeGustavoM_Fan has a reputation beyond reputeGustavoM_Fan has a reputation beyond reputeGustavoM_Fan has a reputation beyond reputeGustavoM_Fan has a reputation beyond reputeGustavoM_Fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

hey baster. i added u to msn but u dont appear

Quote:
Originally Posted by kostas kastoria View Post
HELlas ole ole
thanks felip for your help.i m priciate u friend
GustavoM_Fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 02:59 AM   #7

Ilovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caio_Brasil View Post
Friday afternoon/night suits better for me... is this a good time for you?
In USP- CEPEUSP? Only from 19:30 and on.
Remember I work at the reitoria and next friday I will go to Barra Funda Forum at 16:00. If I finish the job before 17:30- 18:00 I can go back to USP until 19:00 and then get a bus back to Vila Madalena subway or Consolação avenue which is near my house.
Is it easy to catch a bus after 21:00 friday night? I suppose we will play for at least 1hour 30min//2 hours.

Old 10-03-2009, 03:01 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by GustavoM_Fan View Post
hey baster. i added u to msn but u dont appear
Oh schett man I am always online you added me wrong probably add: ilovetheblues_86@hotmail.com

And sorry I didn´t answered the PM, I forgot, busy week MTF was only Polanski thread this week axaxa.

Old 10-03-2009, 03:12 AM   #9
country flag Caio_Brasil

Quote:
In USP- CEPEUSP? Only from 19:30 and on.
Remember I work at the reitoria and next friday I will go to Barra Funda Forum at 16:00. If I finish the job before 17:30- 18:00 I can go back to USP until 19:00 and then get a bus back to Vila Madalena subway or Consolação avenue which is near my house.
Is it easy to catch a bus after 21:00 friday night? I suppose we will play for at least 1hour 30min//2 hours.
It's fine by me, I have swimming practice at 10 AM on Fridays and no classes, so it wouldn't be a problem for me to come back to my place and go to CEPEUSP at 19:30.

Take the bus 21:00 friday night should be ok and off traffic I guess, I got it close to 20:00 and it was way faster tha when I get it at 17:00/18:00.

It's scheduled then? Send me your phone by PM and I'll call you if there's a change of plans, or I let you know on MTF. I'll send you mine too.
Old 10-03-2009, 03:12 AM   #10
country flag Ozone

Ozone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond repute

Caio

What a fag you played But way to stay tough and enjoy it!! S&V'ing is great!!

BAGHDATIS | GASQUET | DOCTOR IVO | TIPSY

JOHN | KENDO | RUSSELL | BAKES | GINEPRI | SAM | SWEETING |MARDY | SMEE

JBlock Forever
Ozone is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 10:26 PM   #11
country flag Winnipeg
Banned!

Winnipeg has a reputation beyond reputeWinnipeg has a reputation beyond reputeWinnipeg has a reputation beyond reputeWinnipeg has a reputation beyond reputeWinnipeg has a reputation beyond reputeWinnipeg has a reputation beyond reputeWinnipeg has a reputation beyond reputeWinnipeg has a reputation beyond reputeWinnipeg has a reputation beyond reputeWinnipeg has a reputation beyond reputeWinnipeg has a reputation beyond repute

haha great story bud!
sounds like you played against my dad
Winnipeg is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 06:15 AM   #12
country flag octatennis

octatennis has a reputation beyond reputeoctatennis has a reputation beyond reputeoctatennis has a reputation beyond reputeoctatennis has a reputation beyond reputeoctatennis has a reputation beyond reputeoctatennis has a reputation beyond reputeoctatennis has a reputation beyond reputeoctatennis has a reputation beyond reputeoctatennis has a reputation beyond reputeoctatennis has a reputation beyond reputeoctatennis has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caio_Brasil View Post
Great day for me today, had my best display in a tennis court since I started playing and achieved one of the few wins I have and the biggest one for sure.

I was playing against this guy from the university who claims to have been 3rd class in the State federation (although some people siad it was a lie and probably it was ) but he for sure have played way many more times than I had (this must have been like the 10th time I entered a tennis court). The bet was if I won 3 games in one of the sets he would pay me a lunch in the Bandejão (the Uni's lunch system) otherwise I would pay.

My confidence was good as I had hit with him for 10 minutes last week and realized I wasn't that worse than him, and today in the morning I did hit with another friend and my volleys were way better than the other times I played. First set went pretty equilibrated with many games going to deuce, but I took very bad deicisions in those moments and lost it 2-6, being 1 game away from winning the bet. I would have to win 3 games in the other set to get the $1,90 prize

As in the first set, I kept serving-and-volleying all the time (which is the most enjoyable way to play tennis that's for sure) and thing started to go to my side. I got pretty consistent with my first serves in and stopped missing the volleys. In my service games I think I went to the net more than 80% of the points, and in his service games I also tried to go to the net the faster I could. I opened an early lead of 4-0, won my bet and then I started to know the guy's personality.

All kind of excuses started to appear. He said he was extremely tired because he had hit with a million other people in the morning (as I hadn't hit in the 33ºC as well, did workout and had an intense swimming training session before playing). For me it was pretty clear he was desperate of losing to a much more unexperienced guy than him and many of our friends knew we would play, so it would get kinda embarrassing to him. I understand his side, but his overreactions were unbeliavable. He got the set closer to 4-3*, but I sticked to my gameplan and won it 6-3, which was already a big win for me. At this moment he had already smashed a racket (although he didn't break it) and after I clinched the set he threw one ball away of the court.

We started the match-tiebreak and when it was 2-2 he started to fake an sprained ankle. The sequency of facts after that were ridiculous if not funny. I won the following point on his serve, but he invented a bad call and we replayed the point (every time he tried to call the points to his side I kept cool and did what he said). I won it again and he almost felt in the floor claiming he could barely walk. I then served in the next point, made him run and won the point at the net, opening 4-2. He said he couldn't finished it and that we could finish another day. I said it was OK and started to hit with another friend. Amazingly, 10 minutes after that he said maybe he could finish our match.

He went back, I kept playing my game, opened 6-5 I guess, but he played some good points and opened 9-6. I saved 2 MP's serving-and-volleying and played a very good and brave point to save the third one. I wasted a couple of MP's as well, but finally clinched the win with 13-11. He simply threw the racket out of the court, almost hitting my friend and left the court very angry. I couldn't even believe in what I was seeing, never saw such a bad loser. I used to had good talks about tennis with him but I got very dissappointed after what he did today, it was ridiculous.

Anyway, thing is I'm very happy with the way I played today and with some good shots I was able to do, specially at the net. Although I'm way below the level of most amateur players, today I realized I can play against some guys better than me and feel a little bit of the excitement of tennis.

Sorry for the long text

so i think you could beat xristos, no?
octatennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 07:40 PM   #13
country flag Caio_Brasil

no way