Tennis Tipping Statistics Website - we are back check post 1561 - Page 6 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 09-12-2009, 01:31 PM   #76
country flag -Evita-
Come on, Ernest!

-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tennis Tipping Statistics Website - H2H Updated

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExcaliburII View Post
Not working
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBlakeGo View Post
Not working for me either
It's really not working Why did nobody make me realize it sooner? I have been busy and I checked that the website works but now it turns out that it isn't displaying any data, it can't connect to the database I've created a support ticket, hopefully they fix it soon and hopefully I won't have to move to yet another domain

It's just... Why didn't anyone say anything when you saw that I hadn't noticed this?
Advertisement

Old 09-12-2009, 05:19 PM   #77
country flag -Evita-
Come on, Ernest!

-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tennis Tipping Statistics Website - Works again

The database is available again but the hosting company said I had to reduce the load on their server if I don't want it to be suspended again so I've removed some parts of the website. Sorry about that but I don't see another solution at the moment. If anyone of you knows someone who could host the website, please let me know. This is one thing I hadn't counted on when I started it all, and it's quite irritating.
Old 09-12-2009, 09:37 PM   #78
country flag Ozone

Ozone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tennis Tipping Statistics Website - Works again

TT owns the server

BAGHDATIS | GASQUET | DOCTOR IVO | TIPSY

JOHN | KENDO | RUSSELL | BAKES | GINEPRI | SAM | SWEETING |MARDY | SMEE

JBlock Forever
Ozone is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 09:53 AM   #79
country flag -Evita-
Come on, Ernest!

Default Re: Tennis Tipping Statistics Website - Playing History Updated

Good news for everyone - I have finally updated the playing history page You'll see that it's separated from the player overview page. The overview page is not finished yet, I plan to add highlights and other things there but the history page is basically done. I hope you like it

I've also added points. As you can imagine, nobody is going to enter points manually for each player for each tournament so I've created a script that does it automatically Actually there are two scripts - one for singles points and one for doubles. I've already tested them and added points for this year's Australian Open and San Marino challenger, and it seems that everything is working correctly So it will be easy to add points for other tournaments, I just don't want to do too many of them at a time in order not to make the hosting guys angry
Old 09-24-2009, 10:30 AM   #80
country flag -Evita-
Come on, Ernest!

Default Re: Tennis Tipping Statistics Website - Help Needed

I've reached the conclusion that the current system for entering matches doesn't work very well because there's no schedule and nobody is responsible for anything, and if I want some matches entered I need to ask people to do it. So we'll try a new system from now on, and I hope it will be better for everybody

I'll publish the list of tournaments that need their matches entered and you will be able to pick the tournament whose matches you want to enter. By taking the tournament, you promise to enter the matches into the website within a week (the sooner the better but a week should be the limit). Currently there are many volunteers who promise to "try" when I ask them but then they get busy or tired and the next day they forget all about it and so nothing gets done. This system will give discipline and also recognition because everyone will be able to see who has done the most work. I'll keep the updated list of tournaments in the first post and here's what we're starting with:

Todi CH 2009
Banja Luka CH 2009
Cali CH 2009
Szczecin CH 2009
US Open 2009 - adee-gee
St. Remy CH 2009
Alphen CH 2009
Seville CH 2009
Genova CH 2009 - Evita

I ask also new volunteers to apply, this is not hard work A small tournament takes maybe 20-30 minutes to enter. The only thing required is that you are able to enter the matches correctly. If you make a mistake you can fix it yourself, that's no problem, what matters is that the end result is correct.

You can apply for tournaments here, and if we run out of tournaments I'll be glad to add some from last year. The more people help with this, the sooner we will get done with all the backlog from 2008 and 2007 so don't be shy
Old 09-24-2009, 12:19 PM   #81
country flag Filipo
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Filipo has a reputation beyond reputeFilipo has a reputation beyond reputeFilipo has a reputation beyond reputeFilipo has a reputation beyond reputeFilipo has a reputation beyond reputeFilipo has a reputation beyond reputeFilipo has a reputation beyond reputeFilipo has a reputation beyond reputeFilipo has a reputation beyond reputeFilipo has a reputation beyond reputeFilipo has a reputation beyond repute

wow... this site is awesome. i want to resume playing TT badly

i want to add some tournaments too (Todi CH 2009 ; Szczecin CH 2009)
Old 09-24-2009, 01:07 PM   #82
country flag -Evita-
Come on, Ernest!

Thank you so much

Code:
Todi CH 2009                 	Filipo	
Banja Luka CH 2009      	?	
Cali CH 2009            	?	
Szczecin CH 2009             	Filipo	
US Open 2009                 	adee-gee	
St. Remy CH 2009        	?	
Alphen CH 2009          	?	
Seville CH 2009         	?	
Genova CH 2009               	Evita	Done
Old 09-24-2009, 01:46 PM   #83
country flag Filipo
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Filipo has a reputation beyond reputeFilipo has a reputation beyond reputeFilipo has a reputation beyond reputeFilipo has a reputation beyond reputeFilipo has a reputation beyond reputeFilipo has a reputation beyond reputeFilipo has a reputation beyond reputeFilipo has a reputation beyond reputeFilipo has a reputation beyond reputeFilipo has a reputation beyond reputeFilipo has a reputation beyond repute

i've done these two. tell me that everything is ok

later i'll continue with St. Remy CH 2009 and Alphen CH 2009
Old 09-24-2009, 02:23 PM   #84
country flag -Evita-
Come on, Ernest!

Yeah, everything is fine

Code:
Beijing Olympics 2008   	?	
Todi CH 2009                 	Filipo	Done
Banja Luka CH 2009      	?	
Cali CH 2009            	?	
Szczecin CH 2009             	Filipo	Done
US Open 2009                 	adee-gee	
St. Remy CH 2009             	Filipo	
Alphen CH 2009               	Filipo	
Seville CH 2009         	?	
Genova CH 2009               	Evita	Done
Old 09-24-2009, 03:51 PM   #85
country flag Filipo
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Seville is already full i've started the Olympics, too. but i cannot find Aimee! (USA) and i'm not sure this is her nickname now

also, in Seville the player kisen was missing. i've created him, but as he is from Japan the country was missing, too. so i put Georgia for him and i hope Evita will fix it
Old 09-24-2009, 04:45 PM   #86
country flag -Evita-
Come on, Ernest!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filipo View Post
Seville is already full i've started the Olympics, too. but i cannot find Aimee! (USA) and i'm not sure this is her nickname now
Her nickname now is "jeahhh!", I'll add it to the list so everyone knows.

Quote:
also, in Seville the player kisen was missing. i've created him, but as he is from Japan the country was missing, too. so i put Georgia for him and i hope Evita will fix it
Next time select "Other" as the country
Old 09-25-2009, 12:44 AM   #87
country flag Snoo Foo

Snoo Foo has a reputation beyond reputeSnoo Foo has a reputation beyond reputeSnoo Foo has a reputation beyond reputeSnoo Foo has a reputation beyond reputeSnoo Foo has a reputation beyond reputeSnoo Foo has a reputation beyond reputeSnoo Foo has a reputation beyond reputeSnoo Foo has a reputation beyond reputeSnoo Foo has a reputation beyond reputeSnoo Foo has a reputation beyond reputeSnoo Foo has a reputation beyond repute

Cali
Segovia
Binghamton
Snoo Foo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 07:39 AM   #88
country flag Filipo
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Samarkand is ready

L.A. should start from QR1, but it's not working
Old 09-25-2009, 10:33 AM   #89
country flag Filipo
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

there are marr & NoFroz in the system, who should be a one person
Old 09-25-2009, 12:49 PM   #90
country flag -Evita-
Come on, Ernest!

Quote:
L.A. should start from QR1, but it's not working
I have no idea what went wrong there But I fixed it. I'll add more tournaments tonight. Please don't forget to write here if you're doing a tournament, I want to keep track of it all. And also feel free to do the US Open doubles, I have a feeling that Adam is not looking forward to that task

Quote:
there are marr & NoFroz in the system, who should be a one person
He's not the only one with both nicknames. We should try to avoid this situation but realistically it's not possible. Suppose I merge them together now and in a month someone creates the duplicate again because they didn't notice it's one and the same person It's better to wait until all the old tournaments are done and then I'll fix everything up.