Wilson K-Six One Team - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 09-06-2009, 01:17 AM   #1
country flag Fed Fan

Fed Fan has a reputation beyond reputeFed Fan has a reputation beyond reputeFed Fan has a reputation beyond reputeFed Fan has a reputation beyond reputeFed Fan has a reputation beyond reputeFed Fan has a reputation beyond reputeFed Fan has a reputation beyond reputeFed Fan has a reputation beyond reputeFed Fan has a reputation beyond reputeFed Fan has a reputation beyond reputeFed Fan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Wilson K-Six One Team

Hello, guys. This is my first post on this forum, but I've been lurking on here for a (long) while. And, yes, my username didn't exactly take a lot of imagination.

Basically, I am thinking of buying a new racquet, but could do with some advice and further opinions. Lately, I've started to play more tennis than I used to and have improved my technique enough to consider getting a better racquet. More or less, I'd say I'm about a 3.5 on the USTA scale. My upper-body strength is not the greatest, so I'm looking for a racquet which is relatively light (but not too light), but which still offers a decent amount of control. Also, I'm not exactly made of money, so I'd be looking to get a racquet which will do me for the longer term. The K-6.1 Team comes in here, as it seems to fulfull that criteria. So, what do people think who've used the racquet itself? I am wrong, and, if so, what other racquet do people think I should go for instead (preferably a Wilson one, but feel free to suggest others)?

Thanks for your help. I do appreciate it.

Last edited by Fed Fan : 09-06-2009 at 10:14 AM.
Fed Fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-06-2009, 08:04 AM   #2
country flag jazar

jazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Wilson K-Six One Team

the k61 team is a nice racket. its what would be called a light players racket; its designed for someone who has the shots and technique but still wants something relatively light to help with power.

there are other similar rackets from wilson, such as the k tour which is just a little more powerful whilst retaining the same sort of control. and pretty much every other brand makes a similar frame; dunlop have the aerogel 4d 300, prine the exo3 rebel team, babolat the pure storm and head the radical
jazar is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 10:42 AM   #3
country flag Fed Fan

Fed Fan has a reputation beyond reputeFed Fan has a reputation beyond reputeFed Fan has a reputation beyond reputeFed Fan has a reputation beyond reputeFed Fan has a reputation beyond reputeFed Fan has a reputation beyond reputeFed Fan has a reputation beyond reputeFed Fan has a reputation beyond reputeFed Fan has a reputation beyond reputeFed Fan has a reputation beyond reputeFed Fan has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks, that was really helpful. I read a bit about Aerogel 4D 300 and it seems as though it could be a better all-round racquet than the K-6.1 Team. A final query, then: is there a UK-based version of Tennis Express which allows you to play test racquets?
Old 09-06-2009, 07:12 PM   #4
country flag jazar

jazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond repute

the only UK based demo service i am aware of is from wigmore sports, but as they are based in london that may not be of much use to you
Old 09-07-2009, 02:10 PM   #5
country flag Fed Fan

Yeah, that's not a lot of good. I'll see if I can borrow a couple of the racquets. If not, I'll probably opt for the Aerogel, as the K-6.1 needs some lead tape in the handle to beef up its mass and make it more head light. Thanks again.
Old 09-16-2009, 11:25 AM   #6
country flag Fed Fan

I am a little confused about something now. I was in sports shop yesterday looking at some racquets and picked up a K6-1 Team. On the throat of the racquet, it read that it was 3 or 4 points head light. However, when I looked at the racquet online, the racquet's balance is said to be about 330 and more or less even balance. So, who, if anybody, is wrong?
Old 09-16-2009, 06:56 PM   #7
country flag jazar

first thing you need to know is that any specs you read on a racket are that of an unstrung frame. once the strings are put in this adds about 17g of weight in the head and therefore shifts the balance that way. any racket which has a balance point of between 330 and 340mm is more or less even. i find it best to ignore points head heavy or head light as it will only confuse you