Manitoba Indoor Tennis Championships REPORT! - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 09-13-2009, 10:06 PM   #1
country flag Winnipeg
Banned!

Winnipeg has a reputation beyond reputeWinnipeg has a reputation beyond reputeWinnipeg has a reputation beyond reputeWinnipeg has a reputation beyond reputeWinnipeg has a reputation beyond reputeWinnipeg has a reputation beyond reputeWinnipeg has a reputation beyond reputeWinnipeg has a reputation beyond reputeWinnipeg has a reputation beyond reputeWinnipeg has a reputation beyond reputeWinnipeg has a reputation beyond repute
Default Manitoba Indoor Tennis Championships REPORT!

this past week i played in the biggest indoor mens tourney of the year.
the competition was good and the matches were hard and even though i didnt win most of my matches it was good for practice.

on the opening night of action I took on a 13 year old who just moved from warsaw, poland in the mens singles 4.5 round of 16 ...he was ranked in the top 5 for U14 in poland before he moved so i expected to lose badly lol. the kid was very consistent and that made it tough for me to get into my game. he broke me at 4-4 and served the opening set out. Score 6/4.

in the second set my opponent played even better and quickly went up 5/2 and serving for the match. he went up 40/15 and had match points before i saved them and broke to make it 5/3. i then would hold to make it 5/4. with him serving for the match again he went up 40/0 and had 3 match points but again i would save them and broke again to make it 5/5. from there i would begin to roll..i would take the next 2 games handily to win the second set 7/5.

the third set i would continue to cruise..as my level of game would continue to raise and i would take the final set 6/2. this has to be the greatest comeback match of my life...i am still trying to think how i managed to comeback lol it was so amazing. final score 4/6 7/5 6/2.

In the quarterfinals for the mens singles 4.5 i would take on the number 3 seed who is very consistent. I went up 2-0 in the opening set but he would roll from there and win 6 straight games to take the opening set 6/2. in the 2nd set i would hold serve until being broken at 3/4 and he would then serve for the set and would do just that and defeat me. final score 6/2 6/3.

in the round of 16 for mens 4.5 doubles. me and my partner would take on two really big servers and it was not pretty as at the begining we got broken and when u play big servers its tough to break. they would win the first set 6/3. in the second set we would hold serve to the tiebreaker and would win the breaker and the set 7/6(3). in the 3rd set they would play better and a single break of serve would decide the match and they would take it. final score 6/3 6/7(3) 6/2.

in the Mens Open Singles R16, i would take on the number 3 seed who is one of the best players in the province. he is a hard hitter and i am a defensive baseliner so i never really felt in the match. i got on the scoreboard but that was about the only highlight aside from hitting more aces than he did. final score 6/1 6/0.

in the mens open singles consols. quarterfinal...i would take one of the provinces lone serve and volleyers....it was a tough match as i was not used to those type of players and to my defense i was not hitting my groundstrokes as clean as i would have liked and it showed in a tough loss. final score 9/4.

in the semi final for doubles 4.5 consols. we would take on two hard hitters who gave us a great match...it would be back and forth all match and unfortuantley we were the losing team...final score 9/7.

well thats it...thanks for the read and feel free to leave comments or questions!!!

Thanks Everybody!!!

---Ty Dilello---
Winnipeg is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-14-2009, 02:11 AM   #2
country flag Ozone

Ozone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Manitoba Indoor Tennis Championships REPORT!

Bigger than the London ATP World Tour Finals!!

BAGHDATIS | GASQUET | DOCTOR IVO | TIPSY

JOHN | KENDO | RUSSELL | BAKES | GINEPRI | SAM | SWEETING |MARDY | SMEE

JBlock Forever
Ozone is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 02:43 AM   #3
country flag Winnipeg
Banned!

Winnipeg has a reputation beyond reputeWinnipeg has a reputation beyond reputeWinnipeg has a reputation beyond reputeWinnipeg has a reputation beyond reputeWinnipeg has a reputation beyond reputeWinnipeg has a reputation beyond reputeWinnipeg has a reputation beyond reputeWinnipeg has a reputation beyond reputeWinnipeg has a reputation beyond reputeWinnipeg has a reputation beyond reputeWinnipeg has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Manitoba Indoor Tennis Championships REPORT!

in my province you bonehead :P
Winnipeg is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote