The chat-thread for lovers of other sports - Everyone welcome - Page 34 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 08-25-2009, 06:52 PM   #496
country flag MsTree

MsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The chat-thread for lovers of other sports - Everyone welcome

Cody McDonald gets a pat from Sunderland goalkeeper Craig Gordon after his impromptu stint between the posts at Carrow Road.
Picture: Simon Finlay

Oh bless!

I have to say I was delighted to see Craig Gordon, boy have we missed him in the Scotland squad, but I knew you would have a tough night of it with him playing.

1-0 Caley Thistle! Eagle

I didn't realise you had Lappin for so long... we've played against him in the 1st Division (and maybe the SPL too, I can't remember) and he shone, so he hasn't always managed to get a game with you?

2-0 Caley Thistle Rooney

3-0 Caley Thistle Bulvitis

Gillou ~~~~~ & ~~~~~ Andy

Last edited by MsTree : 08-25-2009 at 07:28 PM.
MsTree is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-25-2009, 07:25 PM   #497
country flag but-it's-ok

but-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond repute

Just saw the score on textCaley

Yeah Simon has played under 3 managers for us in his short time with us,Granty really rated him,Roeder didn't..hopefully Paul Lambert will no doubt realise his versatility,that he's consistent and reliable. Simon is someone you don't notice,because he just gets on with his football,he's not looking to run the show,just play his role in the team.

I just loved that pic of Cody and Craig Gordon,we stayed behind and saw the two of them exchange words,it was a lovely moment indeed. I tried to take a pic myself,but my camera is rubbish at night even with the night setting on So that pic is a great consolation.

I watched some of the game again,OMG the cameramen found that Newcastle fan

3-0 Caley Thistle..Bullvitis EDIT: As I suspected,he's Latvian

Is Ross Tokely back playing for you tonight Les? EDIT: I just saw he is,he's listed as being booked during the game!!

Cheering forNole Gilles Tomas Dima Grisha Delpo Stan Fed Nando GGL
Thanks for the memories Juan Carlos!

Anci Petra Maria Sharapova Sabine Thanks for the memories Kim
Norwich City Football Club

Last edited by patchett : 08-25-2009 at 07:33 PM.
but-it's-ok is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 07:39 PM   #498
country flag MsTree

MsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by patchett View Post
Is Ross Tokely back playing for you tonight Les? EDIT: I just saw he is,he's listed as being booked during the game!!
Ah Roscoe! Yep, he's in the middle of a 4 game ban in the league and he gets booked for persistent fouling He takes no prisoners and looks like a thug but I've never seen him be violent, only whole hearted He's had about a gazillion appearances for us, first name on the teamsheet imo!

We'll miss him at the weekend, our first competitive derby with Ross County for five years, we'll need him!

4-0 Granty

Last edited by MsTree : 08-25-2009 at 08:33 PM.
Old 08-25-2009, 09:10 PM   #499
country flag but-it's-ok

but-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Re: The chat-thread for lovers of other sports - Everyone welcome

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsTree View Post
Ah Roscoe! Yep, he's in the middle of a 4 game ban in the league and he gets booked for persistent fouling He takes no prisoners and looks like a thug but I've never seen him be violent, only whole hearted He's had about a gazillion appearances for us, first name on the teamsheet imo!

We'll miss him at the weekend, our first competitive derby with Ross County for five years, we'll need him!

4-0 Granty
So pleased for Caley

Old 08-26-2009, 07:23 PM   #500
country flag MsTree

Gillou has temporarily got the bump from my desktop at work, for this week only I've replaced him with Cody & Craig
I found a download for the match on Maxxed too I'll be buying a yellow scarf next

Old 08-27-2009, 08:59 PM   #501
country flag but-it's-ok

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsTree View Post
Gillou has temporarily got the bump from my desktop at work, for this week only I've replaced him with Cody & Craig
I found a download for the match on Maxxed too I'll be buying a yellow scarf next
Gosh Its an achievement for Gillou to take 2nd place on your desktop,especially to Cody and for A WHOLE WEEK You have a download of the match too Les-wow!

Wow the power of persuasion I can recommend you buy a scarf I find I don't always have to go to Norwich to get kit either,I find shirts and scarves in my local charity shops(around North Derbyshire) There's are a surprisingly large group of Norwich fans in our area(some have become exiles of course-yet some others like me don't speak with a Norfolk accent-must be our charm as a Club that does it) Some of our 'fans' have a habit of losing faith in them to the extent of handing kit in to second hand shops. But their loss is often my gain

Charity shops are great for football gear in general,I'm always on the case for it

Old 08-27-2009, 09:45 PM   #502
country flag MsTree

Not sure how many disgruntled Norwich fans there might be in Inverness Our Highland League team, Inverness Clachnacuddin used to have an away strip in yellow, that might be the closest I get!

I get all my footie matches from here ~
http://www.fbtz.com/forum/
You need to register, if you need an invite or referral then let me know (don't think you will though)
match ~ http://www.gigasize.com/get.php?d=mwfkxc4pylf
credit to wigan88 who uploaded it Setanta US covered it, thought they'd gone bust?

Old 09-14-2009, 07:04 PM   #503
country flag MsTree

Aw Di! Hope you're OK wherever you are We miss you!

Just started watching the Norwich - MK Dons match and Norwich scored in 17 seconds Hope I see wee Cody before the Mens Final starts

Oh no! MK Dons scored just after I changed channels, gutted!

Last edited by MsTree : 09-14-2009 at 09:04 PM.
Old 10-03-2009, 08:05 AM   #504
country flag but-it's-ok

I'm off to Norwich,its a big home game against Bristol Rovers for us today Come on you yellows The Boss has been changing the team around for tactical reasons,so who knows what our line up will be today,although I am confident we'll at least have the same squad to pick from I'm hopeful Cody will be on the subs bench at least today

Caley are in Cup semi-final action tomorrow,am I right Les? Good luck to them

Old 10-03-2009, 08:15 AM   #505
country flag MsTree

Good luck Norwich!

We've got our derby rivals at home, we better win this one or work on Monday will be unbearable!

Hoping for some Cody photos later! Have fun at the footie Di!

Old 10-03-2009, 04:01 PM   #506
country flag MsTree

4-0! All in the second half too! I've seen the goals on the BBC website, Spillane's was a cracker! In fact they were all good (is there such a thing as a bad goal for a team you support? )
No sign of wee Cody though But I'm glad you had a good win to watch on your return to the footie

Old 10-04-2009, 09:54 AM   #507
country flag but-it's-ok

Yes that was Tuesday nights great show,though I couldn't be there

Yesterday was even better 5-1,just amazing football we're playing just now. Cody didn't get on the pitch,he was on the bench once more.

Chris Martin opened the scoring for us with a superb free kick after only 8 minutes,but then Rovers equalised with a penalty after 26 minutes.

Wes Hoolahan restored City's lead from a penalty after 31 minutes after he was fouled by Byron Anthony, and skipper Holt scored two minutes later from Simon Lappin's corner.

Five minutes before half-time, Holt scored a splendid second to complete an eventful half and take his goal tally to nine for the season in all competitions. A brilliant solo goal

There was one more goal to come as Hoolahan did brilliantly to set up Cureton for goal number five in stoppage time.

I haven't recovered yet

Here's a pic of Wes Hoolahan being congratulated after his penalty,Chris Martin,Simon Lappin,and Korey Smith are on hand to congratulate him

Good luck to Caley this afternoon,I'll keep tabs on the score

Old 10-04-2009, 11:24 AM   #508
country flag MsTree

Oops I was so busy looking for Cody I didn't pay attention to which highlights I was watching I did think that they got them up on the site awful quick!

Old 10-04-2009, 12:49 PM   #509
country flag MsTree

Just found out our match is on the gaelic channel BBC Alba 168. I won't be able to understand it either

Old 10-04-2009, 01:03 PM   #510
country flag but-it's-ok

Cody is rather a distraction,I find that too

You're gonna watch Caley on a gaelic channel Les,oh my!! My Irish boyfriend just doesn't follow Scottish football!!,otherwise he could assist you(and me)