Indoor Hard Court Tennis - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 08-07-2009, 02:36 AM   #1
country flag ddzc

ddzc is on a distinguished road
Default Indoor Hard Court Tennis

Hi all,

I'm playing for the first time on Sunday indoors. I'm wondering how this differs in comparison to outdoor tennis? Does anyone have any tips and strategies on how to play effectively indoors? Should different racquets or shoes be used?

Thanks
ddzc is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-07-2009, 03:40 AM   #2
country flag GlennMirnyi
Banned!

GlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Indoor Hard Court Tennis

I've never played on HC indoors, only clay indoors. The ball goes a little bit faster through the air and you don't feel any influence of wind. Makes the game a little biased towards good servers. Shoes only change depending on the surface. Rackets? No...
GlennMirnyi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 05:42 AM   #3
country flag Smoke944

Smoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond repute

I love it, personally. So much easier to consistently hit the ball cleanly when there is absolutely no wind. It's really great for your confidence.
Smoke944 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 03:32 PM   #4
country flag Bernard Black

Bernard Black has a reputation beyond reputeBernard Black has a reputation beyond reputeBernard Black has a reputation beyond reputeBernard Black has a reputation beyond reputeBernard Black has a reputation beyond reputeBernard Black has a reputation beyond reputeBernard Black has a reputation beyond reputeBernard Black has a reputation beyond reputeBernard Black has a reputation beyond reputeBernard Black has a reputation beyond reputeBernard Black has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddzc View Post
Hi all,

I'm playing for the first time on Sunday indoors. I'm wondering how this differs in comparison to outdoor tennis? Does anyone have any tips and strategies on how to play effectively indoors? Should different racquets or shoes be used?

Thanks
Indoor hard, a real surface of kings.

I love playing on it, and I'm sure you'll share this sentiment. It will play pretty quick so be ready for that, and you'll love the acoustics when you really middle a shot it will echo through the hall.

As for tactics it depends what kind of game you have but obviously this surface favours more aggressive gameplans, so try to make sure you're not the one pounding on your joints doing all of the running. I find serving on indoor hard a real challenge, but a fun one, if you have a big serve I'd recommend hitting the flat one all day long on your first serve for a lot of free points with a kicker every now and then for variety. Unless you have a fantastic second serve though it will come under pressure because the ball sits up on this surface, if you have a heavy kicker this will help. Use a few slice second serves too, the surface usually takes slice much better than outdoor hard.
Bernard Black is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 06:16 PM   #5
country flag GlennMirnyi
Banned!

GlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernard Black View Post
Indoor hard, a real surface of kings.

I love playing on it, and I'm sure you'll share this sentiment. It will play pretty quick so be ready for that, and you'll love the acoustics when you really middle a shot it will echo through the hall.

As for tactics it depends what kind of game you have but obviously this surface favours more aggressive gameplans, so try to make sure you're not the one pounding on your joints doing all of the running. I find serving on indoor hard a real challenge, but a fun one, if you have a big serve I'd recommend hitting the flat one all day long on your first serve for a lot of free points with a kicker every now and then for variety. Unless you have a fantastic second serve though it will come under pressure because the ball sits up on this surface, if you have a heavy kicker this will help. Use a few slice second serves too, the surface usually takes slice much better than outdoor hard.
Soooo true. Wow, it's just amazing the sound of a flat shot inside a hall.
GlennMirnyi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 09:51 AM   #6
country flag Heners

Heners has a reputation beyond reputeHeners has a reputation beyond reputeHeners has a reputation beyond reputeHeners has a reputation beyond reputeHeners has a reputation beyond reputeHeners has a reputation beyond reputeHeners has a reputation beyond reputeHeners has a reputation beyond reputeHeners has a reputation beyond reputeHeners has a reputation beyond reputeHeners has a reputation beyond repute

Not much difference, allthough theres know sunlight so serving or different sides, there know problem
Heners is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 10:11 AM   #7
country flag stzenit

stzenit has a reputation beyond reputestzenit has a reputation beyond reputestzenit has a reputation beyond reputestzenit has a reputation beyond reputestzenit has a reputation beyond reputestzenit has a reputation beyond reputestzenit has a reputation beyond reputestzenit has a reputation beyond reputestzenit has a reputation beyond reputestzenit has a reputation beyond reputestzenit has a reputation beyond repute

i love it, nothing to annoy you its basically just you and the ball not other obstacles you may encounter outside. However the first time i played indoors(when i was 11/12 years old) for some odd reason when tossing the ball i found it strange seeing a roof above my head and struggled finding the ball took a while to get used to....

Marat Safin Matches Youtube Channel
http://www.youtube.com/user/MaratSafinVideos2
stzenit is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 08:37 PM   #8
country flag HKz
Hakeem

HKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond repute

I play indoors all the time because I live in Arizona which gets to 120+ degrees in the summer. So for me, the difference is I can play for longer periods of time indoor without having the take a waterbreak. And also for me, the ball does move through the court considerably different than through the scorching heat outside. Flat shots are rewarded a lot more.