The Chat Thread: Part 2 - Page 7 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 07-17-2009, 09:49 PM   #91
country flag Lee
Gugaholic

Lee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Chat Thread: Part 2

mimi, i read first casualty of swine flu in HK. How's the condition? Take care!
Lee is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-18-2009, 03:11 AM   #92
country flag Mimi

Mimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee View Post
mimi, i read first casualty of swine flu in HK. How's the condition? Take care!
thanks Lee, this swine flu doesn't seem to be as serious as SARS? not many people wear masks at streets, we were in panic when it first came here in April, by a Mexican traveller, but after that, seems the people does not pay much attention about it

Epic movies, like brokeback mountain, are seldom found in the industry or worthy for the mainstream viewer. As often as I have watched the clips of this movie, I always find something more to it. For one, the gay stuff doesn't enter the picture for me, only the dimension of the highest love I have ever witnessed in life or on film.
Mimi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 04:56 AM   #93
country flag Lee
Gugaholic

Lee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond repute

This virus is not as dangerous as SARS or H5N1 (chicken flu) but the "experts" worry the strain will mutate and becomes worse. Also, it's weird because this time of year is not flu season but this virus is still spreading.

So, it's still important to paid extra attention to personal hygiene. Washing hands are very important and if I'm in HK, I will have my hand sanitizer everywhere with me
Old 07-18-2009, 05:15 AM   #94
country flag Mimi

Mimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond repute

you are right, i remember SARS disppeared when summar came, so this swine flu is still there is quite worrying, hehe, even at SARS's time, i only wore a mask when i was in public transport, i did not bring hand sanitizer with me, yes i will wash hands more, thanks

don't know why the typhoon only comes at weekend, we had one last week and one today, the weather forcast is heavy winds and rains tomorrow, so cannot play tennis again

Epic movies, like brokeback mountain, are seldom found in the industry or worthy for the mainstream viewer. As often as I have watched the clips of this movie, I always find something more to it. For one, the gay stuff doesn't enter the picture for me, only the dimension of the highest love I have ever witnessed in life or on film.
Old 07-24-2009, 05:04 AM   #95
country flag Mimi

oh Lee, you get Brutus a companion? two dogs in your avator?

Old 07-24-2009, 05:05 AM   #96
country flag Mimi

more than 2,000 cases of this swine flu now

Old 07-24-2009, 05:28 AM   #97
country flag trickcy

trickcy has a reputation beyond reputetrickcy has a reputation beyond reputetrickcy has a reputation beyond reputetrickcy has a reputation beyond reputetrickcy has a reputation beyond reputetrickcy has a reputation beyond reputetrickcy has a reputation beyond reputetrickcy has a reputation beyond reputetrickcy has a reputation beyond reputetrickcy has a reputation beyond reputetrickcy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mimi View Post
long time no see
Hi mimi Yes, it's been far too long
I'm in college now, and don't visit MTF too often. When I do, I usually just check the Fed Forum, and Non Tennis. I haven't been on GM for a while. It's a zoo

How have you been, mimi?
2000 cases Take care

Lee, cute dogs Are they both yours?
trickcy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 05:35 AM   #98
country flag Mimi

Quote:
Originally Posted by trickcy View Post
I'm in college now, and don't visit MTF too often. When I do, I usually just check the Fed Forum, and Non Tennis. I haven't been on GM for a while. It's a zoo

How have you been, mimi?
2000 cases Take care

so nice to see you trickcy, i understand, studies are more important than message board, you must be in seven heaven since roger won both RG and wimby and now having 2 baby girls

counting on the monies i earned day by day, and wishing to retire soon
and am a bit afraid of the swine flu, trying to eat a bit less as i am as big as a ballon, other than that, nothing special

Old 07-24-2009, 06:01 AM   #99
country flag trickcy

trickcy has a reputation beyond reputetrickcy has a reputation beyond reputetrickcy has a reputation beyond reputetrickcy has a reputation beyond reputetrickcy has a reputation beyond reputetrickcy has a reputation beyond reputetrickcy has a reputation beyond reputetrickcy has a reputation beyond reputetrickcy has a reputation beyond reputetrickcy has a reputation beyond reputetrickcy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
so nice to see you trickcy, i understand, studies are more important than message board, you must be in seven heaven since roger won both RG and wimby and now having 2 baby girls

counting on the monies i earned day by day, and wishing to retire soon
and am a bit afraid of the swine flu, trying to eat a bit less as i am as big as a ballon, other than that, nothing special
Well, one reason for not coming to MTF esp GM often is my studies, other is that fact that whenever Federer or any of my favourite players are losing, even their fans keep cribbing about it, and when they win, you'll find many trolling Don't enjoy it at all. So I stick to the Player forms.
I'm very happy, yes Especially about his kids After everybody, including former players criticizing him and saying that he'll probably retire after 2008 and stuff I was happy he was able to still win
But I was quite sad that Rafa wasn't able to defend his Wimbledon trophy Of course, I'll be honest and admit I wanted Roger to win it, but I wish Rafa was atleast able to play Anyway, he's still very young, and very tough mentally, so I'm quite sure he'll recover and do very well after this break
I felt bad for Andy too, and I hope he has a good hardcourt season
Pete looked nice in his suit didn't he? It was nice to see him back at Wimbledon. I think he was very gracious about Roger given that his record was being surpassed
Also, I think it's nice that they both seem to respect each other a lot and have often called themselves friends

How's your boss, mimi? Do you still have to work late?
Are you a Harry Potter fan? Did you watch the movie?
Old 07-24-2009, 06:10 AM   #100
country flag Mimi

yes there are lots of hate and trolling in GM, but i cannot resist the charm to go there and argue

honestly, I never thought Roger would never win another slam, even after his losses at RG08 and wimby 08, coz come on, he still got to the finals, how bad it can be? Though I have to admit i didn't expect him to win RG as Rafa was more dominating on clay, but kudos to Roger for grinning out many tough matches and won it finally

well, to be honest, i am a bit angry about Pete, not that I dislike Roger winning as I didn't expect Roddick could challenge him that much in wimby 09so I already predicted his win before the match, but what the hell could you be happy that someone is going to break your record, and he seems to support Roger more than his own fellow countryman Roddick? sounds fooilsh for me

my boss is not behaving too bad lately and as usual, she only arrives in the afternoon, so I slack around in the morning , well, i guess I am a bit old, i don't like watching Harry Potter's movies (it seems that i watched one serie in cinema?), i love watching detective, ghost or bloody movies, you know, I am a freak

sorry, i have to go, my lunch hours, see you and take care

Old 07-24-2009, 06:28 AM   #101
country flag trickcy

Well, enjoy arguing then

Yes, I thought he'd win some too, but I never expected the RG+W double
Rafa really needs to look into his scheduling. I know you're his fan, but him and his team really seem a bit stupid to me in terms of his scheduling. And playing all those doubles matches as well, especially when he says he knew he had knee troubles. It just makes me go

Quite a few were upset about that. Similar to how Tiger supported Roger in the US Open Well, it was very nice of Pete nevertheless, and he still leads in Wimbledon titles 7 : 6 even though Roger has more grass titles Besides, I think it was very nice to see how much respect John McEnroe, Rod Laver, Borg and even Roger have for Pete
And if/when there comes a day when Roger's record is broken, I hope he handles it with as much grace as Pete has

I don't much like the Harry Potter movies either. I prefer the books You're not a freak I like detective and crime movies too So which movie have you watched recently?

Talk to you soon ,mimi
Old 07-24-2009, 07:12 AM   #102
country flag Mimi

don't worry, you are just stating the truth, rafa and his team are foolish, especially his uncle Toni, who made lots of fuss for his injuries and get rafa more criticis, you are right, why to play double?

i don't know that McEnroe respects Pete that much? coz he was quite criticial to him when pete was still playing

well to be honest, i don't think Roger's records will be broken in the near 30 years (i mean the 15 or more slams win

i watched a Hong Kong movie, Murderer, i guess you don't know about it and I am planning to watch more scary movies which are going to show later (forgot the names)

a nice weekend to you

Old 07-24-2009, 12:10 PM   #103
country flag trickcy

It's a pity that he has tendonitis especially if it's severe enough to make him miss so much play, and a grand slam. But I really think that his scheduling needs to be revamped. I hope he takes better care of his body in the future

McEnroe while commentating often sounds critical of everyone
But in the interview he watched, he mentioned more than once how nice it was to have Pete back at Wimbledon, and complimented him a lot

Well, Rafa has a chance Plus, no one thought that Pete's records would be broken so soon
If it must happen, it will happen

No, no, I haven't heard about it. How is it? scary?
I watched Harry Potter and Angels and Demons

Thank you. Have a nice weekend yourself
Old 07-24-2009, 11:34 PM   #104
country flag Lee
Gugaholic

Quote:
oh Lee, you get Brutus a companion? two dogs in your avator?
Quote:
Thanks trickcy!

The other (smaller) dog is called Luna and she's my sister's dog. We stayed in my sister's house when we visit Calgary in Canada every year. She's the trouble maker and always gets into trouble and Brutus has to rescue her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trickcy View Post

How have you been, mimi?
2000 cases Take care
Have fun in college!
Old 07-26-2009, 08:15 AM   #105
country flag trickcy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee View Post
Thanks trickcy!

The other (smaller) dog is called Luna and she's my sister's dog. We stayed in my sister's house when we visit Calgary in Canada every year. She's the trouble maker and always gets into trouble and Brutus has to rescue her.

Have fun in college!
Luna and Brutus .I like both names a lot

Brutus to the rescue

Thanks
How are things going on with you, Lee?