|||| Dudi Sela :: }} - Page 25 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 07-10-2009, 04:40 PM   #361
country flag Getta

Getta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: |||| Dudi Sela :: }}

http://www.daviscup.com/news/matchre...rticleid=15992

Quote:
Incredible day for Israel

Israel stands on the brink of a first-ever Davis Cup semifinal after Harel Levy and Dudi Sela delighted the home crowd with victories in their Davis Cup by BNP Paribas quarterfinal against Russia in Tel Aviv on Friday.

While Sela's 36 61 60 75 victory over Mikhail Youzhny was not entirely unexpected given that the Israeli is currently ranked above the Russian, Levy overturned a gap of more than 200 ranking places in defeating Igor Andreev in the first rubber.

Levy, world ranked at 210, gave the hosts a surprise lead, beating Andreev 64 62 46 62.

Levy's sweet hitting from the baseline, mainly with his forehand and the occasional rush to the net for some excellent volleying stunned Andreev, ranked almost 200 places above him. Indeed, the 30-year-old Levy attained a level of play not seen from him since he held his top ranking of 30 in 2001 and he appeared unable to put a foot wrong for two entire sets.

At the same time, 25-year-old Andreev looked surprised as Levy consistently ran him ragged across the baseline. The Israeli No. 2 came out in blazing form and with powerful hitting on both flanks mainly from the back of the court, he managed to break Andreev in the seventh game of the first set that was a major confidence booster for a player whom most pundits did not give a chance of winning before the start of play.

He then rode the wave of success for two more breaks in the second set to edge closer to an unlikely victory that thrilled the capacity home crowd of some 11,000 spectators at Tel Aviv's indoor Nokia arena. Andreev regained some respectability in the third set as Levy appeared to tire, but a toilet break helped the Israeli rekindle his amazing form and he stormed to victory in two hours, 51 minutes.

Levy's ranking took a dramatic dip after he suffered a potentially career-ending hip injury in 2001 and he has never managed to consistently regain the same form that took him to 30 in the world in June of the same year, but Friday's win showed that Levy was still capable of producing a top-notch performance far above his ranking.

Russia has not come back from 0-2 down since its 1995 semifinal victory against Germany.

More soon...
Getta is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-10-2009, 04:50 PM   #362
country flag Getta

Getta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond repute

Davis Cup
World Group

Quarterfinal
Israel vs Russia

Dudi vs Misha Youzhny

Old 07-10-2009, 05:10 PM   #363
country flag cobalt60
Pacific Northwest Home

cobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond repute

Exciting!!
cobalt60 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 10:57 PM   #364
country flag cobalt60
Pacific Northwest Home

cobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond repute

lots of videos on this sports site-

http://www.sport5.co.il/
Old 07-11-2009, 07:28 PM   #365
country flag Archer16

Archer16 has a reputation beyond reputeArcher16 has a reputation beyond reputeArcher16 has a reputation beyond reputeArcher16 has a reputation beyond reputeArcher16 has a reputation beyond reputeArcher16 has a reputation beyond reputeArcher16 has a reputation beyond reputeArcher16 has a reputation beyond reputeArcher16 has a reputation beyond reputeArcher16 has a reputation beyond reputeArcher16 has a reputation beyond repute

Sela-Youzhny (short) match summary
I never thought I'd say this, but he can break Mansdorf's record for highest ranked Israeli player, which is #18. He has the talent and most importantly, the mind to do it.

Thanks Getta for the great pictures.
Archer16 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 08:52 PM   #366
country flag ronim1

ronim1 has a reputation beyond reputeronim1 has a reputation beyond reputeronim1 has a reputation beyond reputeronim1 has a reputation beyond reputeronim1 has a reputation beyond reputeronim1 has a reputation beyond reputeronim1 has a reputation beyond reputeronim1 has a reputation beyond reputeronim1 has a reputation beyond reputeronim1 has a reputation beyond reputeronim1 has a reputation beyond repute

Where did he get his shirt? He was the only one with this outfit in the team.
What an achievement.
I'm not sure he would have won vs Andreev, but I am sure Levy would have lost vs Jouzny, so well done to the team.
2011 Winner: Monte Carlo;Barcelone Open
2010 Winner: Doha;RU:Malaysian Open
2009 Winner: Dubai;RU:Legg Mason Tennis Classic
2008:Winner : Estoril,Barcelona,Portschach,Hertogenbosch,Stuttga rt
RU: Rome-Internazionali BNL D'Italia;Bronze:OG Beijing
ronim1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 12:22 PM   #367
country flag cobalt60
Pacific Northwest Home

Dudi is playing Igor ( I actually thought Ran might let someone else play)
EDIT: Dudi retired Oy. Too much partying last night.

Last edited by cobalt60 : 07-12-2009 at 12:42 PM.
Old 07-13-2009, 06:45 PM   #368
country flag Omer Na

Omer Na has a reputation beyond reputeOmer Na has a reputation beyond reputeOmer Na has a reputation beyond reputeOmer Na has a reputation beyond reputeOmer Na has a reputation beyond reputeOmer Na has a reputation beyond reputeOmer Na has a reputation beyond reputeOmer Na has a reputation beyond reputeOmer Na has a reputation beyond reputeOmer Na has a reputation beyond reputeOmer Na has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archer16 View Post
Sela-Youzhny (short) match summary
I never thought I'd say this, but he can break Mansdorf's record for highest ranked Israeli player, which is #18. He has the talent and most importantly, the mind to do it.

Thanks Getta for the great pictures.
Dudi can break Mansdorf's record, for sure. Dudi has the Talent. Two years ago, Dudi had an unstable mentality , but he fixed that, and now he is very strong player. He is too short to serv fast serves, but if he will keep practice with Tzoref, it will get better. I think he should improve his forehand, Because his Backhand is a backhand of top10, no doubt about it.

And ronim, what a special shirt Dudi had, i must get one for me

Last edited by Omer Na : 07-14-2009 at 11:29 AM.
Omer Na is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 09:44 AM   #369
country flag Go_Israel

Go_Israel has a reputation beyond reputeGo_Israel has a reputation beyond reputeGo_Israel has a reputation beyond reputeGo_Israel has a reputation beyond reputeGo_Israel has a reputation beyond reputeGo_Israel has a reputation beyond reputeGo_Israel has a reputation beyond reputeGo_Israel has a reputation beyond reputeGo_Israel has a reputation beyond reputeGo_Israel has a reputation beyond reputeGo_Israel has a reputation beyond repute

Just registered here...

I'm a big fan of Dudi for quite a long time and I hope he can make it in the tournaments in the US and Canada in order to be seeded in the US Open.

He is gonna participate in Indianapolis, LA, Washington, Montreal and Cincinnati, quite busy!

And by the way here is one of the greatest points in this year, by the master Dudi Sela: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZfLOZWrbW0

Just can't stop watching!
Go_Israel is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 10:46 AM   #370
country flag cobalt60
Pacific Northwest Home

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go_Israel View Post
Just registered here...

I'm a big fan of Dudi for quite a long time and I hope he can make it in the tournaments in the US and Canada in order to be seeded in the US Open.

He is gonna participate in Indianapolis, LA, Washington, Montreal and Cincinnati, quite busy!

And by the way here is one of the greatest points in this year, by the master Dudi Sela: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZfLOZWrbW0

Welcome to the forum And to this thread Thanks for the video-will watch when I get home from work.
Old 07-14-2009, 11:34 AM   #371
country flag Omer Na

Omer Na has a reputation beyond reputeOmer Na has a reputation beyond reputeOmer Na has a reputation beyond reputeOmer Na has a reputation beyond reputeOmer Na has a reputation beyond reputeOmer Na has a reputation beyond reputeOmer Na has a reputation beyond reputeOmer Na has a reputation beyond reputeOmer Na has a reputation beyond reputeOmer Na has a reputation beyond reputeOmer Na has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go_Israel View Post
Just registered here...

What an unbelievable point was it, but this points was the best because the fighting he made there.

But i saw a point better from Dudi, i dont remember when, but it was neer the net in the right side, when the ball was out of court, and we passed it strongly to the left side neer the opponent's net.
If you can bring me that point it will be great
Old 07-18-2009, 12:59 AM   #372
country flag Getta

Indianapolis

[1] Dmitry TURSUNOV (RUS) v Michael BERRER (GER)
[WC] Taylor DENT (USA) v Marcos DANIEL (BRA)
Frank DANCEVIC (CAN) v Bobby REYNOLDS (USA)
QUALIFIER v [5] Benjamin BECKER (GER)

[3] Sam QUERREY (USA) v Arnaud CLEMENT (FRA)
[WC] Rajeev RAM (USA) v [WC] Devin BRITTON (USA)
Danai UDOMCHOKE (THA) v QUALIFIER
Ernests GULBIS (LAT) v [7] Marc GICQUEL (FRA)

[8] Denis ISTOMIN (UZB) v Kevin KIM (USA)
John ISNER (USA) v Josselin OUANNA (FRA)
Wayne ODESNIK (USA) v Marcos BAGHDATIS (CYP)
Brian DABUL (ARG) v [4] Igor KUNITSYN (RUS)

[6] Yen-Hsun LU (TPE) v Eduardo SCHWANK (ARG)
QUALIFIER v Robby GINEPRI (USA)
QUALIFIER v Flavio CIPOLLA (ITA)
Vincent SPADEA (USA) v [2] Dudi SELA (ISR)
Old 07-18-2009, 08:20 AM   #373
country flag Omer Na

What is the calender of Dudi this week in Indianapolis ?
When will he start the tournment(Day & time).
TNX
Old 07-18-2009, 01:14 PM   #374
country flag cobalt60
Pacific Northwest Home

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omer Na View Post
What is the calender of Dudi this week in Indianapolis ?
When will he start the tournment(Day & time).
TNX
Have to wait until the order of play come out. There are a few places to check online but this is one: http://www.atpworldtour.com/
Old 07-18-2009, 02:33 PM   #375
country flag Omer Na

I see this page
http://www.atpworldtour.com/Tennis/T...ianapolis.aspx

Where can i see the calender of the games ?