Grass Season 2009 - Page 6 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 06-27-2009, 08:13 PM   #76
country flag soulage

soulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Grass Season 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hangdog View Post
Today they lost in doubles too (in 3 straight sets against Blake/Fish), so the grass season is officially over.

And I'm just wondering if Arnaud plays worse in singles or in doubles at the moment
Newport is on grass so not over yet but soon. Rainer won't go in Newport so they can't team up together. His double ranking should be around #60after wim if he doesn't team up with high ranked guys it won't be easy to enter the draws.
soulage is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-06-2009, 12:24 PM   #77
country flag Via

Via has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond repute

now for a change... i'm the first with some news!

newport singles
[5] CLEMENT, Arnaud FRA vs BOGOMOLOV JR., Alex USA

seeded?

newport doubles
[3] KERR, Jordan AUS/RAM, Rajeev USA vs CLEMENT, Arnaud FRA/ROCHUS, Olivier BEL

what an amazing (=short) pair, must be fun to watch!
Via is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 07:07 PM   #78
country flag higherlaw

higherlaw has a reputation beyond reputehigherlaw has a reputation beyond reputehigherlaw has a reputation beyond reputehigherlaw has a reputation beyond reputehigherlaw has a reputation beyond reputehigherlaw has a reputation beyond reputehigherlaw has a reputation beyond reputehigherlaw has a reputation beyond reputehigherlaw has a reputation beyond reputehigherlaw has a reputation beyond reputehigherlaw has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Via View Post
now for a change... i'm the first with some news!

newport singles
[5] CLEMENT, Arnaud FRA vs BOGOMOLOV JR., Alex USA

seeded?

newport doubles
[3] KERR, Jordan AUS/RAM, Rajeev USA vs CLEMENT, Arnaud FRA/ROCHUS, Olivier BEL

what an amazing (=short) pair, must be fun to watch!
good job, Via!

Newport is an awesome place!
higherlaw is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 07:03 PM   #79
country flag higherlaw

higherlaw has a reputation beyond reputehigherlaw has a reputation beyond reputehigherlaw has a reputation beyond reputehigherlaw has a reputation beyond reputehigherlaw has a reputation beyond reputehigherlaw has a reputation beyond reputehigherlaw has a reputation beyond reputehigherlaw has a reputation beyond reputehigherlaw has a reputation beyond reputehigherlaw has a reputation beyond reputehigherlaw has a reputation beyond repute

He loses in Newport...darn...

A Bogomolov Jr. defeats (5) A Clement 16 63 64

But, given the loss of Moncourt, it's really insignificant...
higherlaw is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 07:36 PM   #80
country flag soulage

soulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond repute

Yes insignificant

On tennis perpective when you lost to Bogomolov you must be near to have hit the rock bottom. 8 DF for 2 aces and 49% of first serve. He's #128 he's 31 and he's in a big crisis of confidence so he's surely asking questions to himself atm but tennis career is definitely not important.
As he enters Aptos and Newport to avoid USO qualies i hope he won't be too much frustated and will find pleasure again even if i think he's totally burned out and that his schedule crazy.

My little summary of the match. He won first set 6-1 but has struggled on each service game with only 45% of first serve. In the second set he broke back at 1-3 to be broken again at 3-4 to finally lost the set winning only 22% behind his first serve which. He was broken on first game of last set after having 2 GP on the AD. He had 3 BP in a row the following game which helped him to break back on the last one. He lost the match at 4-4 broken for the fouth times. He was totally under pressure on almost all his service games. In the game he should not be great either. He was lucky to break Junior in each games he had BP otherwise he would have been worst on scoreboard.
Old 07-08-2009, 08:03 PM   #81
country flag Kezzi

Kezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond repute

Don't you guys think he was also dealing with the loss of Mathieu? I was surprised to see Benneteau play today, but he also lost and didn't seem to care. Recouderc retired in Scheveningen, I kind of expected Benneteau to do the same...
I think they might not go for it like they normally would, because of this tragedy.
Of course I don't know how well they know eachother, but to me they seem like a very close group. It must be very hard for them.

And on the being 31 and ranked #128, Nico Lapentti is around the same place and will be 33 in a month, he still enjoys it, so I hope for Arno it will be the same and he'll have fun no matter what his ranking is
To me it doesn't seem like he's so troubled at all when I've seen him in Halle and Rosmalen
Old 07-08-2009, 08:35 PM   #82
country flag soulage

I'm ok that Arno should do like Nico Lapentti and only target pleasure enjoying tennis instead of running after the points because it's not so important.
You know it's the first win of Junior on main tour since march 2006 http://www.atpworldtour.com/News/Ten...s-Clement.aspx
Old 07-08-2009, 08:46 PM   #83
country flag Kezzi

Kezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond repute

Actually I'm ok with everything Arno wants to play for as long as he keeps playing for a few years No, I'm kidding, he should enjoy himself, as you said, that's the most important

I read that too
Old 07-08-2009, 10:02 PM   #84
country flag soulage

Cos of rain there was no matches on court 2 and center cour and all the crowd goes to court 1 and according Bogomolov post match interview Arno argued with A the crowd So expected. http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/ten...ENNISHeadlines Otherwise doubles have been postponed.

Quote:
NEWPORT, R.I. -- Alex Bogomolov Jr. unexpectedly found himself in the spotlight at the Hall of Fame Tennis Championships on Wednesday, upsetting fifth-seeded Arnaud Clement of France 1-6, 6-3, 6-4 in the opening round of the rain-hampered event.Playing in the one of the few mid-afternoon matches, Bogomolov beat Clement in front of an unusually large crowd on a side court.
Heavy rain halted the only three matches that were played Tuesday. Despite bright sunshine, center court and one of the two side courts were still soggy Wednesday. Officials were uncertain when the grounds crew could get center court in playable condition.
Three of the matches scheduled for one of the side courts were postponed.
In other opening-round matches, Nicholas Mahut of France beat American Amer Delic 6-4, 6-4, while sixth-seeded Philipp Petzschner of Germany defeated Horacio Zeballos of Argentina 6-4, 6-7 (4), 6-2 in match that started Tuesday.
With fans two and three rows deep standing behind one of the baselines, 180th-ranked Bogomolov won his first ATP Tour match since beating Sam Querrey in the second round of Miami in March 2006.
"I don't know how to prepare for that," Bogomolov said of the unexpected crowd. "I don't know why it didn't bother me like it did him."
Bogomolov, who was born in Moscow but now lives in Miami, broke Clement's serve in the ninth game of the final set to take control.
He had left wrist surgery in March and lost four Challenger events this year.
"Tennis is tough," Bogomolov said with a smile. "I come back and lose four Challenger events, go to Wimbledon and lose in the first round and come here and beat the 59th player in the world."
Few days ago Arno also said few words about french tennis in a local newspaper http://www.southcoasttoday.com/apps/...60341/-1/rss04
Old 07-08-2009, 11:43 PM   #85
country flag Via

Via has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond repute

thanks for the news and reports, everyone

arno continues his summer tradition of first round losses so it's not surprising... but yes the losses are getting worse

a stupid question but... why can't he fix his serve? to me it's the easiest shot to practise on your own... aging players don't usually lose their serve that much, more so mobility, reflexes etc
Via is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote