New stick for unusual player. - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 07-04-2009, 06:34 AM   #1
country flag Cloud Atlas

Cloud Atlas is on a distinguished road
Default New stick for unusual player.

Hi there.
I need a new racquet. I'm updating from the Wilson nCode nPro which I've had for about five years now.
I guess I'm about a 4.5 to 5.0 player.
Here's my dilema. I hit with a full western forehand, single handed backhand, and I like to finish of points at the net and throw in the odd serve and volley. So I basically want a racquet that I can take a big cut at on the forehand with a western grip and feel comfortable that it won't fly out. I'd also like something that plays really well at the net for the times that I serve and volley. I hit with an eastern grip on the backhand, which tends to be fairly flat. My main problem at the moment is that my forehands tend to be flying a lot and I've lost a bit of confidence in going for my shots, so I want something that feels a little "dead". I'd try something like the K six one tour, but will that me ok with a full western forehand?
Thanks to any who reply and can offer me some advice! Any demo suggestions would be great to get me started.
Cloud Atlas is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-04-2009, 06:48 AM   #2
country flag jazar

jazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New stick for unusual player.

with your kind of forehand grip using a 6.1 tour would be rather difficult and you would most likely mishit the ball quite a bit. you dont need to go to such a small and heavy racket to get control. if you are looking within the wilson range then try the k6.1 95 racket in the 16x18 string pattern; its a very control oriented racket and the open string pattern should help you generate more spin off your forehand which will in turn give you more control. alternatively, other similar rackets you probably should consider are the yonex rdis 100 mid, prince exo3 graphite mid or midplus, head speed pro and tecnifibre tfight 320
jazar is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 07:16 AM   #3
country flag Cloud Atlas

Cloud Atlas is on a distinguished road

Thanks so much for getting back to me. I'll check those ones out.
Cloud Atlas is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 10:10 PM   #4
country flag LPShanet

LPShanet is on a distinguished road

I concur with the above recommendations. I'd also add in the Head Microgel Prestige series, and maybe the Bablot Pure Storm Limited (with some lead added).
LPShanet is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote