•°o*Love is Warriors' True Sword, with Each Slash a New Life is Born/the Castle vol.6 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Closed Thread

Old 06-24-2009, 02:37 AM   #1
country flag habibko

habibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond repute
Default •°o*Love is Warriors' True Sword, with Each Slash a New Life is Born/the Castle vol.6

Welcome to the Castle!

Our Mission Statement:
"To be the most dedicated, loyal and fearsome warriors in battle. And to support our fellow warriors with encouragement, companionship and compassion in the face of all adversity. Our primary mission is to ensure peace, tranquility and harmony for all residents of the Castle."

==============

The Way of the Warrior at the Castle and Beyond

"the Castle's Bushido"

1. Sacred Combat and Respect: In Aikido and other Eastern martial arts, you always bow to your opponent, as a way of expressing what your soul would like to declare: “I honor and respect you as a worthy opponent, and value the opportunity to learn and grow through this combat with you.” Honor and respect your fellow warriors but honor and respect your opponents even more for the opportunity to learn and grow.

2. Uncompromising Integrity: A warrior’s character and his/her honor are steadfast. And his/her word is bond.

3. Serve: A true warrior serves with honor on and off the battlefield.

4. Excellence: Excel as warriors through discipline and relentless will.

5. Preparation: Constantly train for battle and fight to win. Failure is never an option for the warrior. Be ready to lead at a moment’s notice.

6. Reality: A warrior is always grounded in reality. A superficial warrior cannot see how things happen, even though the evidence is everywhere. But a warrior who is centered, conscious, and grounded in reality always has the deeper understanding. The ferocious dog bites the excited warrior. The conscious and centered warrior walks by unharmed. Being centered means having the ability to recover one’s balance. A centered warrior is simply not subject to passing whims or sudden excitements.

7. Kindness: It is a known fact that the greatest martial arts are also the gentlest. They allow an adversary to fall down gently. A great warrior also does not rush into every battle. A great warrior offers his adversaries the opportunity to make crucial self-defeating errors.

8. Live in the present: A warrior has reconciled the past, prepares for the future, but remains firmly entrenched in the present moment. A warrior does not see present experiences in the light of past experiences. Seeing the present through the eyes of the past is a way of remaining in the world of illusion. This is akin to viewing a sunset. Each one is different from the ones before it. Comparing the one being viewed now with past sunsets may detract from a warrior’s ability to fully experience it.

9. Reflection: A warrior has to be able to analyze him/herself objectively and to think in a rational manner when engaging in a discussion and be willing to admit his/her own mistakes.

10. Awakening: chillax with your fellow warriors at the Castle. trying to be too flashy suggests instability. Rushing to judgement gets you nowhere fast. Promoting yourself reveals your insecurity. A wise warrior knows that trying to appear brilliant is certainly not enlightened. In his book, Shambala: The Sacred Path of the Warrior, Chogyam Trungpa defines warrior as "one who is brave". Bravery, among many things, also involves a willingness to let your defenses be exposed so we can open more fully to life. In Trungpa`s words, discovering fearlessness comes from working with the softness of the heart. So in that spirit, resolve to chillax, learn, and grow stronger from your interactions with your fellow warriors at the castle.

==============

PWC Wimbledon - SF

Andy Murray(GBR)[3] v. Andy Roddick(USA)[6]
Roger Federer(SUI)[2] v. Tommy Haas(GER)[24]

post the full score of both matches please!!

winner takes 18,000 vcash

=============

PWC Wimbledon - Winner per Round

R2 (LH) - icedevil0289 (10,000 vcash)
R2 (UH) - habibko/icedevil0289/JolánGagó (3333 vcash each)
R3 (LH) - Sapeod (12,000 vcash)
R3 (UH) - Stupid Dream (12,000 vcash)
R4 - icedevil0289 (14,000 vcash)
QF - habibko (16,000 vcash)
SF - ? (18,000 vcash)

=============

Prediction Warriors Contest (PWC) - Rules & Info

- please submit your prediction of the winner of each match in the daily OOP once it's posted in this thread, submissions are not accepted once the first match of the day has started.

- you are allowed to edit your post as long as the first match hasn't started yet.

- your participation will be nullified if your post has been edited after the start of the first match for any reason (even typo).

- post the full score of the matches chosen under the "tie-break matches" tag, these scores decide the winner in case two contestants were tied.

- the score is decided in the following manner (according to order of priority) :

* tie-break matches winners > sets won/lost > percentage of games won/lost > order of sets won/lost *

- if two or more contestants were still tied after the tie-break matches, the prize is divided between them and all are declared winners.

- everyone is welcome to participate and not just regular posters in the Castle.

- results are announced and vcash is given as soon as possible (usually on a daily basis).

- the judges of this contest are Clay Death and habibko.

good luck and have fun!

=============

Prediction Warriors Contest (PWC) - Race

Code:
Ranking       Warrior         # of wins

1)            icedevil0289      14

2)            *Ljubica*         9
              Clay Death        9
              habibko           9

3)            JolánGagó         7
              miura             7

4)            Babolat - Dan     5
              Betty             5
              Sapeod            5

5)            LinkMage          4
              Stupid Dream      4

6)            Arend             2
              Corey Feldman     2
              Harmless          2
              HeretiC           2
              jonathancrane     2

7)            MacTheKnife       1
              Saxoner           1
              wacked82          1

note: only the top 8 warriors in the race will be allowed to participate in the World Tour Finals (WTF) PWC at the end of the season, if more than 8 people qualified (ex. 2 1st place, 4 2nd place, 4 3rd place) , I'll hold a special PWC to determine the ones who qualify for PWC WTF around the end of the season.

do your best and climb up the rankings on your way to glory!

====================

Castle Contests Relief Fund (CCRF)

as members of the Castle know, we hold vcash prediction contests named Prediction Warriors Contest (PWC) for the big tournaments on a daily basis, and we give vcash awards to the winner(s) everyday, to allow the competitions to run smoothly we now announce that the Castle accepts donations for the cause, feel free to donate to me "habibko" and your name will be added in the donators list "Hall of Fame" in this post, thanks in advance, we appreciate your help

current total vcash in CCRF: 361,485.92 vcash

Last Donation:
MrsFedex- 6,671 vcash
mimi - 7,000 vcash
icedevil0289 - 15,000 vcash

Hall of Fame:
in order of the amount of donations given

bad gambler

*Ljubica*

icedevil0289

JolánGagó

Sapeod

Clay Death

MrsFedex

..::Manon::...

gio

habibko

jonathancrane

TMJordan

infinityfed

Stupid Dream

mimi

FedFan_2007

miura

Arend

zeleni

HeretiC

biological

=====================

in the Castle:

Arend: master of catch-phrases, funny as hell, Nole fan.
bad gambler: hugely generous donator, Fed fan(?)
Babolat - Dan: Dan from UK.
Betty: Betty from near Milan, Italy, all for Muzza (and her general Joh)
~*BGT*~: lover of Roddick and many Frenchies.
biological: Sophie from the UK, fan of Federer and Tipsarevic among others.
Certinfy: Jase from the UK, fan of Murray and Del Potro among others.
Clay Death: The Destroyer from Mississippi, Lord of the Castle, big fan of Clay Court tennis and Nadal the Clay Monster.
Cloudygirl:Tori from the UK, big fan of Gasquet and Rafa.
cobalt60: Doctor Sue.
Commander Data: Tom from Switzerland, Federer fan.
Corey Feldman (AKA Escude): Mikey from Scotland, big Fed and Muzza fan, future General in progress.
EnriqueIG8: Javier, Federer fan.
FedFan_2007: Alex from the US, long time fan of Federer and later on Nadal, big movies and anime tard.
finishingmove: Arsen the ever Noletard.
gio: Maja from the USA(?), Nole fan among others (including Rafa and Roger).
habibko: Habib from Jeddah, SA, big fan of Roger.
Harmless: Maya from Croatia, mistress of slash fandom, Federer and Muller rock her world.
Har-Tru: José from Spain, avid fan of Wawrinka and tennis of the good ol' days.
HeretiC: MTF official tennis match analyzer, Nalby fan.
icedevil0289: Usha, Federer fan.
infinityfed: Nadine from London, UK, in love with Federer and Roger's Beloved One.
JolánGagó: Alex from Spain, big fan of Rafa.
jonathancrane: Jonathan(?) no more description until he starts coming more often lol
LinkMage: Gonzalo from Argentina, in love with Fed and vcash.
*Ljubica*: Rose from London, the biggest Nole fangirl in MTF, and very proud of it too!
lurker: Vicki, fan of Nadal, Djokovic and Hewitt, also likes Ferrer, retired favs are Rafter and Kuerten.
MacTheKnife: Glen from the USA, avid McEnroe fan who still enjoys watching tennis.
mimi: Mimi(?) from Hong Kong, China, Rafa fan.
miura: Martin from Trondheim, Norway, Roger fan.
MrsFedex: Nat from Spain, proud Fedal supporter and leader of the THERE'S NO GOAT campaign.
Nathaliia: Nathalia from Wroclaw(?), Poland.
Pfloyd: Manuel from the US - Florida.
Sapeod: Daniel from Gress, Isle of Lewis, Scotland, fan of Muzza, Federer and Montanes among others.
Saxoner: Matt from Canada, Roger fan, in his own words: "The Newbie that knows nothing, yet", don't worry Matt you'll get the hang of this place really fast
Stupid Dream: Karin from Utrecht, Netherlands, in love with Fedal.
tangerine_dream: Tangy the big Roddick fan.
wacked82: David from (?)
zeleni: Nole fan.

Last edited by habibko : 07-01-2009 at 08:03 PM.
habibko is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-24-2009, 02:38 AM   #2
country flag habibko

habibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: •°oLove is Warriors' True Sword, with Each Strike a New Life is Born/the Castle v

A true warrior is someone who strives to be the best they can be at all things (living life to its fullest) and not necessarily as someone who has prowess in the physical/martial arts of battle, but also in the arts of the psychological, mental and spiritual so that one may have the discipline to change our own behaviour to that of living honourable and in a sacred manner.

A person who lives with honour is noble.

A warrior is someone who lives to a strict code of honour AND lives life to the fullest in full awareness and without fear of the unpredictable nature of life and of the constant presence of death.

Death is not to be seen as something to be feared but only another part of the journey and therefore as with all things it is to be faced with honour.

in the Castle we draw inspiration from the great King Leonidas who has achieved immortality by his true warrior spirit that he showed for his country and his people.

one of his inspiring quotes for all ages:

"In the end, a warrior's true strength is the warrior next to him. So give respect and honor to him, and it will be returned to you. First, you fight with your head."

here is a list of our great Castle's Warriors:

==================

Clay Death
the Destroyer

Lead Warrior, All Infantry Units

Residence:

General habibko
the Supreme Commander of the armies of the North.

Residence:

General jonathancrane
the Supreme Commander of the armies of the South.

Residence:

General JolánGagó
the Supreme Commander of the armies of the West.

Residence:

General miura
the Supreme Commander of the armies of the East.

Residence:

General Sapeod
the Supreme Air Force Commander of the Southern Skies.

Residence:

General infinityfed
the Supreme Air Force Commander of the Northern Skies.

Residence:

General Stupid Dream
the Supreme Air Force Commander of the Western Skies.

Residence:

General *Ljubica*
the Supreme Air Force Commander of the Eastern Skies.

Residence:

General MacTheKnife
Supreme Commander of the Marine Forces, Northern Front

Residence:

General Har-Tru
Supreme Commander of the Special Forces, Southern Front

Residence:

General Pfloyd
Supreme Commander of the Special Forces, Northern Front

Residence:

General icedevil0289
Supreme Commander of the Special Forces, Eastern Front

Residence:

General MrsFedex
Supreme Commander of the Special Forces, Western Front

Residence:

Admiral Betty
Commander of Naval Forces, Southern front

Residence:

Admiral Harmless
Commander of Naval Forces, Eastern front

Residence:

Admiral FedFan_2007
Commander of Naval Forces, Western front

Residence:

Admiral Cloudygirl
Commander of Naval Forces, Northern front

Residence:

Vice Admiral Start da Game
Top Military Strategist of General miura of the East

our official motto:

"Mercilessly we plow the dust of stars, blown about us by the swift desert wind as we drink the universe in a glass of rain. And we, the ultimate masters of the battlefield, take anything that we rest our eyes on."

memo to opposition: no retreat and no surrender, only pray for death.

Last edited by habibko : 06-28-2009 at 06:00 PM.
Old 06-24-2009, 02:38 AM   #3
country flag habibko

Default Re: •°oLove is Warriors' True Sword, with Each Strike a New Life is Born/the Castle v

our Castle vol.5 is fast approaching 5,000 posts, since I'm going to sleep soon please continue posting here once that one is closed.

mods please move this thread to chat threads, thanks!
Old 06-24-2009, 02:47 AM   #4
country flag FedFan_2007

FedFan_2007 has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan_2007 has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan_2007 has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan_2007 has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan_2007 has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan_2007 has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan_2007 has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan_2007 has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan_2007 has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan_2007 has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan_2007 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: •°o*Love is Warriors' True Sword, with Each Slash a New Life is Born/the Castle v

Let's fill this one up and prepare Castle VI!
FedFan_2007 is offline View My Blog!  
Old 06-24-2009, 02:48 AM   #5
country flag Clay Death
Banned!

Clay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond repute

sweet. we have the castle vol. 6 up and running and ready to go.
Clay Death is offline View My Blog!  
Old 06-24-2009, 02:50 AM   #6
country flag Clay Death
Banned!

Clay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: •°o*Love is Warriors' True Sword, with Each Slash a New Life is Born/the Castle v

Quote:
Originally Posted by FedFan_2007 View Post
Let's fill this one up and prepare Castle VI!

we will hit vol. 7 long before wimbledon is over.
Old 06-24-2009, 03:14 AM   #7
country flag Pfloyd

Pfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond repute

Nice to get to volume no.6

But to be completely honest the title does not make much sense.

Either we are warriors and defend truth and justice and use logic behind our reasoning.

How can love be a sword (something that causes pain and suffering) and a slash, an action that kills people, create life?

I suppose there is some kind of vague poetic meaning, but warriors are warriors and they should be concerned primarily with preserving life, not creating it. Otherwise, we would not be warriors, we would be parents. . . .
Old 06-24-2009, 03:20 AM   #8
country flag habibko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pfloyd View Post

Either we are warriors and defend truth and justice and use logic behind our reasoning.

How can love be a sword (something that causes pain and suffering) and a slash, an action that kills people, create life?

I suppose there is some kind of vague poetic meaning, but warriors are warriors and they should be concerned primarily with preserving life, not creating it. Otherwise, we would not be warriors, we would be parents. . . .
lol yes it's a tradition to use deep vague poetic titles for the Castle, ladies come up with the title for the even# volumes and the guys come up with the odd# volumes.

take one more bottle of wine and it will all make sense believe me
Old 06-24-2009, 03:23 AM   #9
country flag Clay Death
Banned!

Quote:

i dont seem to understand it either general pfloyd. you do make a valid point.

that being said, the ladies of the castle must have their say as well. its their castle too. its what ever they want and what ever they decided on. they had to sell it to general habibko for final approval and evidently they did.

we men will get to choose vol. 7 title name soon.
Old 06-24-2009, 03:25 AM   #10
country flag Clay Death
Banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by habibko View Post
lol yes it's a tradition to use deep vague poetic titles for the Castle, ladies come up with the title for the even# volumes and the guys come up with the odd# volumes.

take one more bottle of wine and it will all make sense believe me
what am i going to do with you general habibko. you wont drink a drop of wine and yet you are hell bent on making all of us bamboozlers and first class drunks.

: drink:
Old 06-24-2009, 03:28 AM   #11
country flag habibko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay Death View Post
what am i going to do with you general habibko. you wont drink a drop of wine and yet you are hell bent on making all of us bamboozlers and first class drunks.

:h aha:
you got me right there

Old 06-24-2009, 03:34 AM   #12
country flag Clay Death
Banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by habibko View Post
you got me right there

Old 06-24-2009, 03:34 AM   #13
country flag Pfloyd

Pfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond repute

Good to know that the only reason I don't get the title is because I'm drunk and I drank a whole bottle of wine and 2 beers.

Another day I will drink 2 bottles, but some of you HAVE to drink with me.

Old 06-24-2009, 03:36 AM   #14
country flag Clay Death
Banned!

Quote:

Good to know that the only reason I don't get the title is because I'm drunk and I drank a whole bottle of wine and 2 beers.

Another day I will drink 2 bottles, but some of you HAVE to drink with me.

its a deal General. also start working on a killer title for vol. 7. it happens in just a few days.

i think vol. 7 will be here before Wimbledon is over.
Old 06-24-2009, 03:36 AM   #15
country flag Pfloyd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay Death View Post
its a deal General. also start working on a killer title for vol. 7. it happens in just a few days.

i think vol. 7 will be here before Wimbledon is over.
Sure, but make sure to give your opinion too Mister Captain General.

Let's try to set a day where we all drink Beer, Wine, Whiskey or whatever you guys drink.

I drink anything but Tequilas (unless they are in Margaritas, which are OK, but not GREAT).