Live match threads in GM - Page 5 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 06-22-2009, 11:01 PM   #61
country flag Clydey
Cutedey

Clydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Live match threads in GM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Action Jackson View Post
The trial begins today.
In what forum? I didn't see a thread in GM. Do you mean we're using the WWW threads or we're using a single thread?
Advertisement

Old 06-22-2009, 11:51 PM   #62
country flag Lee
Gugaholic

Lee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond repute

There's a sticky thread in GM with amazing 13 posts
Lee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 12:01 AM   #63
country flag Clydey
Cutedey

Clydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee View Post
There's a sticky thread in GM with amazing 13 posts
I doubt there are many people aware of it. I mean, I never even so much as glance at the sticky posts, since they are rarely of interest. No wonder there are hardly any posts.
Old 06-30-2009, 06:12 PM   #64
country flag tangerine_dream
Last dance, Andy

tangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond repute

The live match trial thread looks to be a success.
"What kind of shape am I in now? Well round is a shape." said Roddick with a laugh. "I had a very detailed retirement plan, and I feel like I've met every aspect of it: a lot of golf, a lot of carbs, a lot of fried food, and some booze, occasionally — I've been completely committed ... The results have shown."

Mugs Tennis Forums
tangerine_dream is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 01:55 AM   #65
country flag LinkMage
Banned!

LinkMage has a reputation beyond reputeLinkMage has a reputation beyond reputeLinkMage has a reputation beyond reputeLinkMage has a reputation beyond reputeLinkMage has a reputation beyond reputeLinkMage has a reputation beyond reputeLinkMage has a reputation beyond reputeLinkMage has a reputation beyond reputeLinkMage has a reputation beyond reputeLinkMage has a reputation beyond reputeLinkMage has a reputation beyond repute

Not really. The daily "OOP & Scores" threads in the tournament forums used to have around 1000 posts per day.
LinkMage is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 07:53 PM   #66
country flag Clydey
Cutedey

Quote:
Originally Posted by LinkMage View Post
Not really. The daily "OOP & Scores" threads in the tournament forums used to have around 1000 posts per day.
People flatout stopped posting in those threads.
Old 07-02-2009, 07:56 PM   #67
country flag Clydey
Cutedey

Quote:
Originally Posted by tangerine_dream View Post
The live match trial thread looks to be a success.
Definitely. Some decent activity and no real problems for the moderators to deal with. Would be logical to keep it for future tournaments.
Old 07-07-2009, 03:31 PM   #68
country flag Aenea
Vault Hunter

Aenea has a reputation beyond reputeAenea has a reputation beyond reputeAenea has a reputation beyond reputeAenea has a reputation beyond reputeAenea has a reputation beyond reputeAenea has a reputation beyond reputeAenea has a reputation beyond reputeAenea has a reputation beyond reputeAenea has a reputation beyond reputeAenea has a reputation beyond reputeAenea has a reputation beyond repute

IMO Livescores threads should be created in GM and not trial only. Few days ago I was badreped by a gambler for writing in their forum and another one advised us today to get out of GL Livescores http://www.menstennisforums.com/show...postcount=1467
Old 07-07-2009, 07:27 PM   #69
country flag shotgun

shotgun has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun has a reputation beyond repute

I agree, it's been a success. My suggestion would be to keep the live match thread in GM and moving the livescores thread from the Gamblers Lounge back to the tournament forums.

That way we would have a strictly moderated live thread (the GM sticky) and a loosely moderated thread for the gamblers, with the benefit of repopulating the tournament forums.
shotgun is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 04:29 PM   #70
country flag Clydey
Cutedey

Quote:
Originally Posted by shotgun View Post
I agree, it's been a success. My suggestion would be to keep the live match thread in GM and moving the livescores thread from the Gamblers Lounge back to the tournament forums.

That way we would have a strictly moderated live thread (the GM sticky) and a loosely moderated thread for the gamblers, with the benefit of repopulating the tournament forums.
Sounds good. The GM thread was pretty low maintenance and served its purpose. No real downside to keeping it in GM.
Old 07-09-2009, 12:46 AM   #71
bad gambler

Quote:
Originally Posted by shotgun View Post

I don't have a problem with that suggestion however is there really any need to do that? You would still have two livescore threads running in parallel just one would be in the tournament forum instead of the GL. We've pretty much established that the tournament forum is used for games and main draw info these days anyway.
View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 12:48 AM   #72
bad gambler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aenea View Post
IMO Livescores threads should be created in GM and not trial only. Few days ago I was badreped by a gambler for writing in their forum and another one advised us today to get out of GL Livescores http://www.menstennisforums.com/show...postcount=1467
lol let me guess that the person who badrepped you was "its like that" in which case I wouldn't be too worked up about it seeing as he bad reps everyone
View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 03:51 PM   #73
country flag shotgun

shotgun has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad gambler View Post
I don't have a problem with that suggestion however is there really any need to do that? You would still have two livescore threads running in parallel just one would be in the tournament forum instead of the GL. We've pretty much established that the tournament forum is used for games and main draw info these days anyway.
The OOP & Scores threads were great. You didn't have to venture outside of MTF to find out what the Order of Play for that day was. Like Krystlel said, now it's necessary to go all the way to the ATP website and find the .pdf file for each tournament.
shotgun is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote