Grass Season 2009 - Page 3 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 06-10-2009, 07:13 PM   #31
country flag soulage

soulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Grass Season 2009

The frenchies was watching Jo vs Haas this evening.

Arno is happy Flo doesn't manage to move his arm lol

They play the double quarter tomorrow.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1.jpg (114.8 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg 2.jpg (36.6 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg 3.jpg (35.5 KB, 10 views)
soulage is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-11-2009, 09:33 PM   #32
country flag Kezzi

Kezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond repute

I just got back from Halle

And my report can be short
The match against Melzer; they both didn't play very well. At first Arno started well, but overall it wasn't an exciting match to watch. Every time I wanted to take a pic, the point was already played... Don't think I have a lot of decent ones Also lots of complaining on both sides, Melzer ssssh-ing the crowd, Arno and the ballkids of course...
The highlight was that Arno attacked me (not on purpose) during that match Melzer's serve was really hard and Arno mishit, firing that ball directly at me. I was looking for something in my bag and suddenly felt a ball hitting the back of the chair pretty hard, I felt the wind on my back. I heard Arno say "hopla", so I looked up and he gave me the cutest smile I still thank my labello, because I didn't think I could've avoided that ball

Doubles with Rainer: I looooooooooooooooove them together
They were smiling a lot and it really looked like they had a lot of fun together. I was happy to be at that match, it was really nice to watch. I do hate rain delays, because his doubles today should start at 12:00 and when we had to leave around 16:00, they still weren't on court

And now the really big news:
Bruno was with him
And he will be in Rosmalen too!
I really like seeing them together, they look so cute when walking to the training courts

Other than that there's nothing exciting to tell you guys... Or you should be interested in me beating Andreas Beck at the showstage, shooting balls trough holes in a wall I got 1 in out of 6, he got none And I don't even play tennis

Last edited by Kezzi : 06-12-2009 at 04:52 PM.
Kezzi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 11:08 AM   #33
country flag soulage

soulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond repute

Great you're back. It looks like your Labello saved you from tennis spectators's injuries lol. It's nice you see him play but less nice if it was a poor match from both

Unfortunatly Rainer & Arno lost yesterday in the super tie-break 11-13 after having MP but they seem to be a competive team. And congrats for your win over Beck
Old 06-12-2009, 04:33 PM   #34
country flag higherlaw

higherlaw has a reputation beyond reputehigherlaw has a reputation beyond reputehigherlaw has a reputation beyond reputehigherlaw has a reputation beyond reputehigherlaw has a reputation beyond reputehigherlaw has a reputation beyond reputehigherlaw has a reputation beyond reputehigherlaw has a reputation beyond reputehigherlaw has a reputation beyond reputehigherlaw has a reputation beyond reputehigherlaw has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the report! Looking forward to your pictures. I assume your sister was with you?

ah, Labello! Can't buy it in the US !
higherlaw is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 04:51 PM   #35
country flag Kezzi

Kezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond repute

I'll have to see when I have time to upload the pics, I'm going to Rosmalen on Sunday and I have test on Monday, so for now it's study, study, study

I reread my post and I forgot to type 'not' at the part where I'm talking about the attack, of course he didn't do that on purpose I do forget to type words when I'm tired, but I just wanted to let you know about Halle

I agree Rainer and Arno are a good team, they really played well against Santoro/ Serra

And to answer your question Higherlaw: my sister was in Londen with school, but she's coming with me to Rosmalen

Really? You can't buy Labello in the US?
Thanks for telling me, if I ever go to the US, I'll pack a bunch of them, because I can't live without Labello
Old 06-14-2009, 06:02 PM   #36
country flag soulage

Even with the rain i hope your sunday was good

Let's talk about Arno now Is still tennis player i think ? Very long rain delay. Arno should have started his match around 1 PM but only started at 6 PM after a first apparition on scoreboard at 4.00 PM. So I assume he was made nervous by the wait but it's not a reason to loose like that against Kunitsyn . In first set Arno missed 2 BP at 2-1 to be broken the following game and after I wondered if he was still on court ??? He was broken an other time by love and Igor finished the set with his third love game of the set. From 2-1 to 2-6 in 29 minutes losing 8 points in a row. I didn't follow the second set but it was also very poor according the stats.

He had a lovely draw Rosmalen and made an amazingly poor match or Igor played the match of his life on grass . As i said before the problem is not losing but the way he lost. Today the conditions was not easy but the same for both players and Arno has been ridiculous.

Since Barcelona it's hard to find things really positives in his game and now he must feel the pression of Wimbledon points . He repeats that he wants continu the tennis for a long time and has a lot of fun but the court since the middle of clay season says quite the opposite. He seems to be more and more passive on court and in a way he has lost a big part of his fighting spirit when he lost first set he's near of match loss. All that match vs Zverev, Cipolla, Ruben Ramirez or Rochus are his days.

He will 32 at the end of the year or i'm wondering what can be the fun for a former top 10 player GS finalist losing in little challengers while he could quiet at home . And what you do think he will do after retirement ? We can forgot trainer for the ballkids lol and i don't see him as a trainer but anyway he will continu to play even it's in a poor way. As long he will feel fit he will try.

Last edited by soulage : 06-14-2009 at 06:49 PM.
Old 06-14-2009, 09:39 PM   #37
country flag Kezzi

It was horrible today, the organisation of the tournament sucks more every year
But I'll type a more detailed report tomorrow, I need sleep, because I have an exam tomorrow and have to get up at 7:00 am
But I just wanted to let you guys know that the circumstances were far from how they should be at an atp tourney...
Old 06-16-2009, 06:31 PM   #38
country flag kukka

kukka has a reputation beyond reputekukka has a reputation beyond reputekukka has a reputation beyond reputekukka has a reputation beyond reputekukka has a reputation beyond reputekukka has a reputation beyond reputekukka has a reputation beyond reputekukka has a reputation beyond reputekukka has a reputation beyond reputekukka has a reputation beyond reputekukka has a reputation beyond repute

Arnaud Clément & Marc Gicquel def. Rogier Wassen & Igor Zelenay 6-4, 6-2

Elina

Allez! Nicolas Escudé Jérôme Haehnel Arnaud Clément Sébastien Grosjean Thierry Ascione Olivier Mutis Julien Varlet

C'mon! Lleyton Hewitt Mark Philippoussis Todd Reid

¡Vamos! Juan Carlos Ferrero Rafael Nadal

Yippee! Jan-Michael Gambill Graydon Oliver

Come on! Gustavo Kuerten Tim Henman

Wow! Patrick Rafter Wayne Ferreira
kukka is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 08:42 PM   #39
country flag Marine

Marine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond repute

A win

Guy Forget
Marine is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 09:55 PM   #40
country flag soulage

Yes but in double and against Wassen & Zelenay Tomorrow it will be more tough against Norman and Woodie. Little Arno against this two giants lol
Old 06-19-2009, 09:33 AM   #41
country flag soulage

Arno can prepare his bag for Newport. He draws Nadal first round and if Nadal pulls out lately cos of his knees it should be Hewitt in second round . http://twitter.com/Wimbledon?promo=FanZoneTwitterHm

After missing the most lovely draw in Rosmalen he has an horrible one in Wimbledon He has no chances

I just read that if Nadal pulls out before OOP on sunday he will be replaced by fifth seed and not LL and fifth seed is Del Potro. If Arno is not yet in London maybe he should only take three Tee-shirts and one short to avoid too much luggages

Last edited by soulage : 06-19-2009 at 11:08 AM.
Old 06-19-2009, 11:37 AM   #42
country flag soulage

After losing in first round against Nadal or Del Potro Arnaud will play doubles with Marco vs Koubek and Sela. But if they'll manage to win this one there will be Dlouhy/Paes or Fish/Blake next so it's OK for Arno he can prepare some holidays before Newport
Old 06-19-2009, 01:36 PM   #43
country flag Pepi.
Ajmo Marin!

Pepi. has a reputation beyond reputePepi. has a reputation beyond reputePepi. has a reputation beyond reputePepi. has a reputation beyond reputePepi. has a reputation beyond reputePepi. has a reputation beyond reputePepi. has a reputation beyond reputePepi. has a reputation beyond reputePepi. has a reputation beyond reputePepi. has a reputation beyond reputePepi. has a reputation beyond repute

horrible draw

Quote:
Q. Why are you playing such good tennis?

MARIN CILIC: 'Cause I'm a good player (smiling).
Marin Cilic & Jo Wilfried Tsonga
Gasquet Dimitrov Gulbis
Pepi. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 04:17 PM   #44
country flag Marine

Marine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond repute

Three shirts = 3 sets ? lol
Well, I guess you're right. It's depressing, this draw.
At least, he will play on the famous centre court (personly I don't think this court great !)

He will lose all his points...

Guy Forget
Marine is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 06:27 PM   #45
country flag soulage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marine View Post
Three shirts = 3 sets ? lol
Well, I guess you're right. It's depressing, this draw.
At least, he will play on the famous centre court (personly I don't think this court great !)

He will lose all his points...
Yes 3 tee-shirts for three sets

Nadal is out so Arno will play Del Potro what is worst imo . I think it will be a very short match. Del Potro will hit aces, great forehands, lovely backhands and Arnie will explosed after few points I'm not sure it will be played on center court since it will surely be Roger who will open the tournament

Anyway a bad draw can happen, i think the regrets are for Rosmalen this week it's a pity cos it's a GS but that's life.