Federer : "I have to move and serve all over the place" - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 06-11-2009, 04:01 PM   #16
country flag duong

duong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Federer : "I have to move and serve all over the place"

Quote:
Originally Posted by theprodigy View Post
can someone translate the whole article?
the rest is not very interesting : he danced with his mother and had the cup copied in original size by the organization

Says he had lost against a great player in Wimbledon 2008 and didn't understand all the people who complained for him ... and so on.
Advertisement

Old 06-11-2009, 04:39 PM   #17
country flag habibko

habibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond repute

very interesting, great mentality and absolutely admirable how much work Fed puts on his game and his fitness that's what makes him the champion he is
habibko is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 04:44 PM   #18
country flag Arkulari
Faithful Txurigorri

Arkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond repute

one cannot survive on talent alone, no matter how much you have
Roger

Arkulari is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 04:46 PM   #19
country flag recessional

recessional has a reputation beyond reputerecessional has a reputation beyond reputerecessional has a reputation beyond reputerecessional has a reputation beyond reputerecessional has a reputation beyond reputerecessional has a reputation beyond reputerecessional has a reputation beyond reputerecessional has a reputation beyond reputerecessional has a reputation beyond reputerecessional has a reputation beyond reputerecessional has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by duong View Post
the rest is not very interesting : he danced with his mother and had the cup copied in original size by the organization

Says he had lost against a great player in Wimbledon 2008 and didn't understand all the people who complained for him ... and so on.
Aww.
recessional is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 04:57 PM   #20
country flag pica_pica

pica_pica has a reputation beyond reputepica_pica has a reputation beyond reputepica_pica has a reputation beyond reputepica_pica has a reputation beyond reputepica_pica has a reputation beyond reputepica_pica has a reputation beyond reputepica_pica has a reputation beyond reputepica_pica has a reputation beyond reputepica_pica has a reputation beyond reputepica_pica has a reputation beyond reputepica_pica has a reputation beyond repute

Oh...that explains a lot...the back pain and the serve

Believe in yourself, Novak.
That's all I ask of you.

2011 & 2014 Wimbledon. 2011 US Open.
2008, 2011, 2012 & 2013 Australian Open.
Laureus World Sportsman of the Year 2011
pica_pica is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 05:04 PM   #21
country flag bokehlicious
♥ eve ♥

bokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by habibko View Post
very interesting, great mentality and absolutely admirable how much work Fed puts on his game and his fitness that's what makes him the champion he is
Definitely the most underrated part in him. Haters keep insisting on his talent, that he was "born with it" (implying he's lucky and deosn't really deserve his success, compared to less talented players that work their ass off and still aren't that successful). Fed wouldn't be "Roger Federer - GOAT" without a true and smart dedication to every aspect of his game, and fitness is definitely a huge part of it, and Pierre Paganini and him have done wonders in the past and are still looking for improvements (despite their already amazing success).
Old 06-11-2009, 05:19 PM   #22
country flag habibko

habibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by P. Antonius View Post
Definitely the most underrated part in him. Haters keep insisting on his talent, that he was "born with it" (implying he's lucky and deosn't really deserve his success, compared to less talented players that work their ass off and still aren't that successful). Fed wouldn't be "Roger Federer - GOAT" without a true and smart dedication to every aspect of his game, and fitness is definitely a huge part of it, and Pierre Paganini and him have done wonders in the past and are still looking for improvements (despite their already amazing success).
well said JM, Fed might be one of the most hard working players out there, this is very rare among "talented" players, just look at Gasquet (the party boy) or Nalbandian (more burgers please) and the like, for example after MC he had 4 hours of extensive training and practicing and physical conditioning EVERY DAY until Rome, not to mention the unbelievable work and preparations he puts in the off-season.

there is a reason why Federer is able to outlast his opponents and never be tired, and no it isn't genes.
habibko is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 06:49 PM   #23
country flag Guy Haines

Guy Haines has a reputation beyond reputeGuy Haines has a reputation beyond reputeGuy Haines has a reputation beyond reputeGuy Haines has a reputation beyond reputeGuy Haines has a reputation beyond reputeGuy Haines has a reputation beyond reputeGuy Haines has a reputation beyond reputeGuy Haines has a reputation beyond reputeGuy Haines has a reputation beyond reputeGuy Haines has a reputation beyond reputeGuy Haines has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by habibko View Post
well said JM, Fed might be one of the most hard working players out there, this is very rare among "talented" players, just look at Gasquet (the party boy) or Nalbandian (more burgers please) and the like, for example after MC he had 4 hours of extensive training and practicing and physical conditioning EVERY DAY until Rome, not to mention the unbelievable work and preparations he puts in the off-season.

there is a reason why Federer is able to outlast his opponents and never be tired, and no it isn't genes.
He needed that training though. Check page 43 of 'Male Player Bulges' in Non-Tennis for evidence. He had a serious spare tire going into clay season and wasn't as fit as he used to be in spring 2007 and throughout 08. It made sense that his back was bothering him.

Right now he looks the fittest he has in years. 2006 at least.
Guy Haines is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 05:36 PM   #24
country flag SUKTUEN

SUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond repute

Allez Roger!
SUKTUEN is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 10:38 PM   #25
country flag FedFan_2007

FedFan_2007 has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan_2007 has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan_2007 has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan_2007 has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan_2007 has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan_2007 has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan_2007 has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan_2007 has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan_2007 has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan_2007 has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan_2007 has a reputation beyond repute

Well at least the Mirka beer gut is gone!
FedFan_2007 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote