Tennis Tipping Statistics Website - we are back check post 1561 - Page 3 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 06-03-2009, 09:07 PM   #31
country flag Renaud

Renaud has a reputation beyond reputeRenaud has a reputation beyond reputeRenaud has a reputation beyond reputeRenaud has a reputation beyond reputeRenaud has a reputation beyond reputeRenaud has a reputation beyond reputeRenaud has a reputation beyond reputeRenaud has a reputation beyond reputeRenaud has a reputation beyond reputeRenaud has a reputation beyond reputeRenaud has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tennis Tipping Statistics Website

Great work !!
I hope you won't have problems with names changes...

‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
"Je peux simplement vous dire que Jean-René Lisnard aime beaucoup les Chocapics" Benjamin Balleret
Renaud is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-03-2009, 09:39 PM   #32
country flag -Evita-
Come on, Ernest!

-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by trucul View Post
OK, great.

I can enter all past data in July-August as well (during my next vacation time). And it is not a problem for me to enter results weekly since I already publish weekly DTT Rankings. So, I can do both at the same time (and even, DTT Rankings could be automatically computed from the database where results are entered, right, so I won't have to duplicate players/points in Excel sheet ? )
Actually rankings are not part of the system yet, it's a very complicated thing to do. Maybe I'll implement it in a later future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renaud View Post
Great work !!
I hope you won't have problems with names changes...
I have a list of 10 or 12 name changes. But if you notice a player who's in the system twice with different usernames then let me know and I will fix it.
Old 06-04-2009, 12:36 AM   #33
country flag gaynor

gaynor has a reputation beyond reputegaynor has a reputation beyond reputegaynor has a reputation beyond reputegaynor has a reputation beyond reputegaynor has a reputation beyond reputegaynor has a reputation beyond reputegaynor has a reputation beyond reputegaynor has a reputation beyond reputegaynor has a reputation beyond reputegaynor has a reputation beyond reputegaynor has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Evita- View Post
Thank you for the kind words everyone I'm glad you like the site. Creating it was a spontaneous thing, I got the idea on May 12th, discussed it with some people for a couple of days and then started working on it. The part that actually required the biggest effort was the Updates section - all the forms to upload and edit matches. But all in all, this required less time and effort than the spreadsheet (if we don't count the actual data input, of course)

Thank you to jmjhb and gaynor who volunteered to enter matches I hope you can continue to help

Hmm, yes, I suppose it's possible. However, it will have to wait until July when I'll have more free time. And you or someone else will have to take on the responsibility for entering all the data and making sure it's correct. It's very important in these kinds of projects to have clearly defined responsibilities otherwise it will go down really fast. It's one thing to enter all the past matches, and it's a different thing to enter all the new tournaments each week. So if we can work out a system for that for DTT then you'll have the site
Sorry, I've been a bit busy this week with some exams at school. I'll try to do some more in the next few weeks.
gaynor is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 07:59 PM   #34
country flag -Evita-
Come on, Ernest!

-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute

So... I thought I'd give you a little update on the website. RG singles matches are already entered, thanks to jmjhb But I've spent most of this week worrying over the performance of the site. The singles lists work more or less fine but for doubles it takes sometimes a lot of time to load. The reason for that is no mystery - all the lists get their data from the MATCH table and, as the table grows bigger and bigger with more and more matches in it, it takes longer to scan it all and retrieve all the necessary information.

So I thought that it would make sense to store the most frequently shown data (wins and losses) with each player and each team. It would improve the performance but it would also create inconveniences because every time a new match was entered, these new "wins" and "losses" fields would also have to be updated. It's doable, of course, but there would be a small risk that this information doesn't get updated properly. Anyway, I decided to implement this idea using database triggers (they would update all the necessary tables automatically based on the MATCH table), but I discovered that I need a "SUPER" privilege to create triggers in MySQL :retard: So this turned out to be a nice time-wasting from my side, and I'm really mad I can't use triggers.

Okay, so what it comes down to is that I'll leave the current system in place for now. If it's slow then it's slow, please bear with it The upside is that the results you get are reliable If it becomes really really slow in the future then I'll see what I can do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaynor View Post
Sorry, I've been a bit busy this week with some exams at school. I'll try to do some more in the next few weeks.
No problem, I'm sure there will still be tournaments left to enter
Old 06-08-2009, 02:25 AM   #35
country flag nkp2

nkp2 has a reputation beyond reputenkp2 has a reputation beyond reputenkp2 has a reputation beyond reputenkp2 has a reputation beyond reputenkp2 has a reputation beyond reputenkp2 has a reputation beyond reputenkp2 has a reputation beyond reputenkp2 has a reputation beyond reputenkp2 has a reputation beyond reputenkp2 has a reputation beyond reputenkp2 has a reputation beyond repute

The doubles page loaded instantly for me

Amazing work. Before you know it, your stats and rankings will be better than the ATP's pages. And all interlinked too

You should offer them your ideas for updating their rankings/stats, probably better than whatever way they do it
Suicide - 108

Titles 2009 FITD - Vina Del Mar; PAW - Johannesburg; TT Doubles - Besancon CH (w/Mincheff)
Titles 2008 FITD - Rome Masters

TT Profile
nkp2 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 11:13 PM   #36
country flag Nev

Nev has a reputation beyond reputeNev has a reputation beyond reputeNev has a reputation beyond reputeNev has a reputation beyond reputeNev has a reputation beyond reputeNev has a reputation beyond reputeNev has a reputation beyond reputeNev has a reputation beyond reputeNev has a reputation beyond reputeNev has a reputation beyond reputeNev has a reputation beyond repute

Cool! let me know if you need any help, I'm just a beginner but well

Genius1787
Nev is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 05:45 PM   #37
country flag Tomek.

Tomek. has a reputation beyond reputeTomek. has a reputation beyond reputeTomek. has a reputation beyond reputeTomek. has a reputation beyond reputeTomek. has a reputation beyond reputeTomek. has a reputation beyond reputeTomek. has a reputation beyond reputeTomek. has a reputation beyond reputeTomek. has a reputation beyond reputeTomek. has a reputation beyond reputeTomek. has a reputation beyond repute

this is great!!!
Old 06-10-2009, 12:15 PM   #38
country flag -Evita-
Come on, Ernest!

Default Re: Tennis Tipping Statistics Website - H2H Available

Like I promised, the head to head functionality is finally available
Old 06-10-2009, 09:41 PM   #39
country flag bavaria100

bavaria100 has a reputation beyond reputebavaria100 has a reputation beyond reputebavaria100 has a reputation beyond reputebavaria100 has a reputation beyond reputebavaria100 has a reputation beyond reputebavaria100 has a reputation beyond reputebavaria100 has a reputation beyond reputebavaria100 has a reputation beyond reputebavaria100 has a reputation beyond reputebavaria100 has a reputation beyond reputebavaria100 has a reputation beyond repute

The website is awesome. Just 2 little question though. Have you guys decided not to include events like DC and WTC in the stats anymore? And am I imagining things or did the TT game really start in early 2006?

29 years ago, one young man conquered the world of Formula 1: Ayrton Senna. You´ll never be forgotten!!!

2012: Year of my TT Comeback
Singles – W: Sarasota, Lexington, Rennes, Challenger Tour Finals F: Orleans SF: Indian Harbour QF: Caloundra, Busan, Vancouver, Istanbul, Medellin, Champaign Doubles – W: Meknes (w/gulzhan) F: Burnie (w/Vilnietė), Sarasota (w/Igorche), Busan (w/Cheeky Chick), St. Remy (w/BrazilTBfan) SF: Indian Harbour (w/Broseghini), Istanbul (w/Mahqz) Won "Challenger Player of the Year" Award

Last edited by bavaria100 : 06-10-2009 at 09:58 PM.
bavaria100 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 09:56 PM   #40
country flag -Evita-
Come on, Ernest!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bavaria100 View Post
The website is awesome. Just 2 little question though. Have you guys decided not to include events like DC and WTC in the stats anymore? And am I imagining things or did the TT game really start in early 2006?
DC and such events are undecided for now. It's possible they will be added later.

I think the game started sometime in 2006, yes. But I plan to ignore 2006 as sort of an experimental period and only gather stats from 2008 and 2007. But yeah, any plans can change
Old 06-10-2009, 10:14 PM   #41
country flag bavaria100

bavaria100 has a reputation beyond reputebavaria100 has a reputation beyond reputebavaria100 has a reputation beyond reputebavaria100 has a reputation beyond reputebavaria100 has a reputation beyond reputebavaria100 has a reputation beyond reputebavaria100 has a reputation beyond reputebavaria100 has a reputation beyond reputebavaria100 has a reputation beyond reputebavaria100 has a reputation beyond reputebavaria100 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the info -Evita-.

29 years ago, one young man conquered the world of Formula 1: Ayrton Senna. You´ll never be forgotten!!!

2012: Year of my TT Comeback
Singles – W: Sarasota, Lexington, Rennes, Challenger Tour Finals F: Orleans SF: Indian Harbour QF: Caloundra, Busan, Vancouver, Istanbul, Medellin, Champaign Doubles – W: Meknes (w/gulzhan) F: Burnie (w/Vilnietė), Sarasota (w/Igorche), Busan (w/Cheeky Chick), St. Remy (w/BrazilTBfan) SF: Indian Harbour (w/Broseghini), Istanbul (w/Mahqz) Won "Challenger Player of the Year" Award
bavaria100 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 11:37 PM   #42
country flag kai.
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

kai. has a reputation beyond reputekai. has a reputation beyond reputekai. has a reputation beyond reputekai. has a reputation beyond reputekai. has a reputation beyond reputekai. has a reputation beyond reputekai. has a reputation beyond reputekai. has a reputation beyond reputekai. has a reputation beyond reputekai. has a reputation beyond reputekai. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Evita- View Post
Like I promised, the head to head functionality is finally available

http://eltenisquenovemos.com.ar
kai. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 10:00 PM   #43
country flag -Evita-
Come on, Ernest!

I just added a little statistic called "Faithfulness Index" to the Player list page What's that? The higher the number is, the more faithful you are to your doubles partner

This index is the average number of how many tournaments you play with the same partner. The number of tournaments must be at least 5, otherwise it's N/A. Unfortunately I couldn't make it a proper list that would start with the highest or lowest number. Technical reasons But I think you should be able to sort it if you copy it into a spreadsheet
Old 06-11-2009, 11:05 PM   #44
country flag jmjhb

jmjhb has a reputation beyond reputejmjhb has a reputation beyond reputejmjhb has a reputation beyond reputejmjhb has a reputation beyond reputejmjhb has a reputation beyond reputejmjhb has a reputation beyond reputejmjhb has a reputation beyond reputejmjhb has a reputation beyond reputejmjhb has a reputation beyond reputejmjhb has a reputation beyond reputejmjhb has a reputation beyond repute

That Bye* is the epitome of devotion to its partner

As for the rest, well, evidently most of us are whores

Singles rank: #110
Doubles rank: #31

Singles: W: Houston 2013, Montpellier 2014 F: Bucharest 2013, Kitzbühel 2012 SF: US Open 2011

Doubles (w/Goldenoldie): W: Le Gosier CH 2013 F AO 2014 SF: (w/Goldenoldie)

Other: W: WTC Dusseldorf 2012

Last edited by jmjhb : 06-11-2009 at 11:15 PM.
jmjhb is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 03:09 AM   #45
country flag nkp2

nkp2 has a reputation beyond reputenkp2 has a reputation beyond reputenkp2 has a reputation beyond reputenkp2 has a reputation beyond reputenkp2 has a reputation beyond reputenkp2 has a reputation beyond reputenkp2 has a reputation beyond reputenkp2 has a reputation beyond reputenkp2 has a reputation beyond reputenkp2 has a reputation beyond reputenkp2 has a reputation beyond repute

Evita, I just wanted to say that your site is so awesome.

I've actually linked to my player profile in my signature! I can't believe everyone has their own profile!
Suicide - 108

Titles 2009 FITD - Vina Del Mar; PAW - Johannesburg; TT Doubles - Besancon CH (w/Mincheff)
Titles 2008 FITD - Rome Masters

TT Profile
nkp2 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote